GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, m2w), 248 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,334
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK #784022
06/15/14 02:49 PM
06/15/14 02:49 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
There are idiots of every religious persuasion and idiots of no religious persuasion at all. That said, Scott Esk inadvertently provided reason #345,934 why I don't think Biblical literalists make much sense.

Quote:
Scott Esk, a Republican candidate for Oklahoma's state legislature, says on his campaign website that "rights come from God — not from government." One of those rights, apparently: Being free to stone homosexuals to death.

As the The Moore Daily discovered, Esk last summer responded to another person's Facebook post about the Pope with scripture passages seemingly condoning the harsh punishment of gays. When someone asked him if he meant "we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)," Esk responded in the affirmative.

"I think we would be totally in the right to do it," he wrote. "That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I'm largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss."

Republican candidate says ok to stone gays to death

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784025
06/15/14 03:05 PM
06/15/14 03:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Jesus Christ rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784032
06/15/14 03:34 PM
06/15/14 03:34 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Sounds pretty rational whistle

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784063
06/15/14 06:57 PM
06/15/14 06:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
That reminds me of the old joke. Jesus comes across a crowd of people about to stone an adulteress to death. He orders the crowd to stop and reminds them, "Whoever among you is without sin may cast the first stone!" A little old lady limps forward, picks up a giant rock, throws it at the adulteress and instantly kills her.

Shaking his head, Jesus says, "Aw, Mom!"

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784071
06/15/14 08:18 PM
06/15/14 08:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
That reminds me of the old joke. Jesus comes across a crowd of people about to stone an adulteress to death. He orders the crowd to stop and reminds them, "Whoever among you is without sin may cast the first stone!" A little old lady limps forward, picks up a giant rock, throws it at the adulteress and instantly kills her.

Maybe I'm reading too much into what is just a joke but is it a Catholic belief that Mary was sinless? confused

Anyway, gays should't be stoned. But their lifestyle shouldn't be condoned, celebrated, or enshrined in law either.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/15/14 08:23 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784074
06/15/14 09:56 PM
06/15/14 09:56 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
The Catholic Church teaches that The Virgin Mary was indeed without sin. It is a fairly bizarre dogma which goes something like this:

Adam and Eve were created without sin on their souls. Because of their disobedience to God (letting a talking serpent tempt them into eating a piece of fruit from a magic tree),they committed what is known as the Original Sin.

The result of this is that even if a person managed to live their entire life without sinning,they would still have the stain of Original Sin on their souls,since it was passed down from Adam and Eve. Therefore,no one could be entirely sin-free.

And then along came Mary.(apologies to the Association).

As the story goes,when God decided to have a kid,there were several criteria that the surrogate mother had to meet.
One of these was that she be a virgin,and the other was that her soul did not have the stain of Original Sin on it.

The solution to the Original Sin thing was another bit of cosmic smoke and mirrors called the Immaculate Conception.
Contrary to popular belief,this did not refer to Mary conceiving Jesus without having had sex.
What is taught by the Church is that when Mary's mother conceived her,God removed the Original Sin from her soul,therefore it was MARY who was conceived immaculately,allowing her to be the only human in history who lived her whole life totally sin-free.

A few centuries later the Church had to do a little tap dance on the Mary saga,after someone pointed out that since "the wages of sin is death",(according to the Bible),Mary couldn't die,because she never sinned. If she couldn't die,then why wasn't she seen around town,(going to weddings,doing her shopping) for the next thousand years or so?
The solution to this little dilemma was, even by Church standards, a real piece of work.

Bada Bing,Bada Boom,the Church comes up with another gem called The Assumption of Mary.
According to this theory,Mary was bodily assumed up into Heaven
while still alive. One minute,she is hanging out with her lady friends,maybe having some figs,or getting her nails done,and next thing ya know,she starts floating up and up,eventually reaching the Pearly Gates. By the way,this is the actual depiction in Church literature,she literally is shown in old artwork as ascending in the air.

So,for what it's worth,that's the way the story goes.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: IvyLeague] #784075
06/15/14 10:00 PM
06/15/14 10:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Maybe I'm reading too much into what is just a joke but is it a Catholic belief that Mary was sinless? confused

Well, Mary being with or without sin aside, I think it's just a joke about overbearing mothers and the generation gap that has always existed between parents and children.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lou_Para] #784081
06/16/14 12:53 AM
06/16/14 12:53 AM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
The Catholic Church teaches that The Virgin Mary was indeed without sin. It is a fairly bizarre dogma which goes something like this:

Adam and Eve were created without sin on their souls. Because of their disobedience to God (letting a talking serpent tempt them into eating a piece of fruit from a magic tree),they committed what is known as the Original Sin.

The result of this is that even if a person managed to live their entire life without sinning,they would still have the stain of Original Sin on their souls,since it was passed down from Adam and Eve. Therefore,no one could be entirely sin-free.

And then along came Mary.(apologies to the Association).

As the story goes,when God decided to have a kid,there were several criteria that the surrogate mother had to meet.
One of these was that she be a virgin,and the other was that her soul did not have the stain of Original Sin on it.

The solution to the Original Sin thing was another bit of cosmic smoke and mirrors called the Immaculate Conception.
Contrary to popular belief,this did not refer to Mary conceiving Jesus without having had sex.
What is taught by the Church is that when Mary's mother conceived her,God removed the Original Sin from her soul,therefore it was MARY who was conceived immaculately,allowing her to be the only human in history who lived her whole life totally sin-free.

A few centuries later the Church had to do a little tap dance on the Mary saga,after someone pointed out that since "the wages of sin is death",(according to the Bible),Mary couldn't die,because she never sinned. If she couldn't die,then why wasn't she seen around town,(going to weddings,doing her shopping) for the next thousand years or so?
The solution to this little dilemma was, even by Church standards, a real piece of work.

Bada Bing,Bada Boom,the Church comes up with another gem called The Assumption of Mary.
According to this theory,Mary was bodily assumed up into Heaven
while still alive. One minute,she is hanging out with her lady friends,maybe having some figs,or getting her nails done,and next thing ya know,she starts floating up and up,eventually reaching the Pearly Gates. By the way,this is the actual depiction in Church literature,she literally is shown in old artwork as ascending in the air.

So,for what it's worth,that's the way the story goes.

In the church I grew up in which is the Presbyterian church, and other Protestant churches I have been to all have said how Mary had other children besides Jesus.

I know in the Roman Catholic church they say that Mary only had Jesus and he was born from her body, not via a C-section but she still remained a virgin for the rest of her life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_virginity_of_Mary

A friend of mine who is no longer Roman Catholic and has not been for decades told me how he was in a class with a priest when he was younger. He asked the priest something akin to what you posted about how Mary was always a virgin despite giving birth to Jesus and other children, and always free from sin despite being human and the whole original sin. The priest got angry and told him to leave.

When I was in confirmation classes at my Protestant church they were OK with us asking all sorts of questions. If they did not know the answer they would just tell myself and other people that.

For example I remember asking what happened to the 30 pieces of silver Judas was paid and our female pastor/minister at the time said she did not know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_pieces_of_silver

The Presbyterian church is OK with people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gendered and OK with them getting married in the church as same gender marriage is now legal here in my state and ones near it.

I grew up with people who are not heterosexual both adults and friends/peers my age so I am all for them getting equal rights like everyone else already has and has had for awhile.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 06/16/14 09:39 AM.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784150
06/16/14 09:31 AM
06/16/14 09:31 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Lilo,

Esk doesn't believe that anymore than most politicians believe some of the rhetoric that comes out of their mouths. He's pandering to a specific demographic...to get campaign contributions and raise his profile.

Watch this thread, and within a year he will be accused of a "sin" that was also punishable by death in the Old Testament. He will be forced to admit to the transgression and then have to explain why HIS sin should not lead to "death" but why homosexuality should.

He's a clown.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: pizzaboy] #784161
06/16/14 10:19 AM
06/16/14 10:19 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Well, Mary being with or without sin aside, I think it's just a joke about overbearing mothers and the generation gap that has always existed between parents and children.

finally someone that doesnt read everything literally...christ its refreshing

When Interpol?
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Sicilian Babe] #784168
06/16/14 10:41 AM
06/16/14 10:41 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

That's pretty dang funny!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: olivant] #784202
06/16/14 03:16 PM
06/16/14 03:16 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant

That's pretty dang funny!

I always had heard the joke as after Jesus says, "Let him who is without sin...," he's hit in the head with a stone and says, "You know, mom, sometimes you really piss me off."

Anyway, to chime in on the related Catholic position on Mary's status, the Church teaches that because of the Immaculate Conception (which most Catholics erroneously believe refers to the Virgin birth), Mary was born without original sin and therefore was sinless and incapable of sin during her life. The Catholic Church teaches that Mary was also assumed into heaven, body and soul, though there has been uncertainty in the Church as to whether Mary actually physically died.

Most of us look at our mothers as sinless.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: getthesenets] #784203
06/16/14 03:17 PM
06/16/14 03:17 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Watch this thread, and within a year he will be accused of a "sin" that was also punishable by death in the Old Testament. He will be forced to admit to the transgression and then have to explain why HIS sin should not lead to "death" but why homosexuality should.

He's a clown.

That would not surprise me.. whistle

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784204
06/16/14 03:23 PM
06/16/14 03:23 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784206
06/16/14 04:17 PM
06/16/14 04:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, homosexual or not, as Bob Dylan once pointed out: "Everybody must get stoned."

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: olivant] #784211
06/16/14 04:29 PM
06/16/14 04:29 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Well, homosexual or not, as Bob Dylan once pointed out: "Everybody must get stoned."

smile

Winter is Coming

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: olivant] #784213
06/16/14 04:30 PM
06/16/14 04:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I'll bet Bob saw a butt crack or two in his day. But hey, it was the '60s, man whistle.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: pizzaboy] #784223
06/16/14 08:05 PM
06/16/14 08:05 PM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member

I'll bet Bob saw a butt crack or two in his day. But hey, it was the '60s, man whistle.

Haha I read a very old interview with Bob Dylan where he claimed he was a male prostitute in NYC when he first arrived.

This is the quote that I found for it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/7-things-bob-dylan-did-that-are-worse-than-what-jo

Originally Posted By: Bob Dylan to Robert Shelton
In a 1966 interview with New York Times reporter Robert Shelton, Dylan said:
“Sometimes we would make one hundred a night, really, from four in the afternoon until three or four in the morning,” he said. “Cats would pick us up and chicks would pick us up. And we would do anything you wanted, as long as it was paid…I almost got killed…I didn’t come down to the Village until two months later. Nobody knew that I had been hustling uptown.”
The story is thought to be false, and Shelton is the only journalist Dylan said it to.

No I don't believe it. But that's because at times Dylan hated the media and would get drunk or high and have fun with them.

A friend of mine I've known since highschool for more than a decade and I both like early Bob Dylan interviews since they're hilarious to read.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 06/17/14 05:14 PM.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784224
06/16/14 08:47 PM
06/16/14 08:47 PM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
whistle

"Asking us questions...harass and arrest us ..saying we eat pieces of shiet like u for breakfast ...Huh ya'll eat pieces of shiet..? whats the basis we ain't going no where.. we got suits n cases.. trunk full of coke rental car from avis only now clemente can save us,, I told said solly I acted da fool I'll be gone till November I got bodies too move....
I put pebbles on my hood like Danny Greene here comes the crab n his queen yes barbara actin da fool mess with a pyscho u kno its time to move.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #784762
06/19/14 08:19 PM
06/19/14 08:19 PM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
I think that this is a very good thing. But in the Presbyterian church I grew up in and am a member of they are completely supportive of people who are not heterosexual. Same gender marriage is now legal in my state so people will be getting married at my church.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pres...ristian-n136256

Presbyterian Church Leaders Declare Gay Marriage Is Christian
DETROIT — The top legislative body of the Presbyterian Church in America voted by large margins Thursday to recognize same-sex marriage as Christian in the church constitution, adding language that marriage can be the union of "two people," not just "a man and a woman.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: IvyLeague] #784791
06/20/14 03:05 AM
06/20/14 03:05 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Anyway, gays should't be stoned. But their lifestyle shouldn't be condoned, celebrated, or enshrined in law either.

^^^^^^^^^

To each his own and I've met several respectable gay people as well. But I have heard of the wild (and sometimes even plain disgusting- even to respectable gay men) lifestyle a fair amount of them lead and while they shouldn't be stoned, it's not a lifestyle I would approve of.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: TheKillingJoke] #784815
06/20/14 09:36 AM
06/20/14 09:36 AM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

^^^^^^^^^

To each his own and I've met several respectable gay people as well. But I have heard of the wild (and sometimes even plain disgusting- even to respectable gay men) lifestyle a fair amount of them lead and while they shouldn't be stoned, it's not a lifestyle I would approve of.

I have gay and bisexual male friends, they told me how they don't like the gay men who are into purposely having unsafe sex, having sex with 100s or 1,000s of men and revolving their entire lives around nothing but having sex and having it with as many men as possible, and that men like this are gross and give everyone else that's not heterosexual a bad name.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 06/20/14 10:00 AM.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Italianheritage] #784932
06/20/14 10:35 PM
06/20/14 10:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Italianheritage
I think that this is a very good thing. But in the Presbyterian church I grew up in and am a member of they are completely supportive of people who are not heterosexual. Same gender marriage is now legal in my state so people will be getting married at my church.

DETROIT — The top legislative body of the Presbyterian Church in America voted by large margins Thursday to recognize same-sex marriage as Christian in the church constitution, adding language that marriage can be the union of "two people," not just "a man and a woman.

This is a laughably ridiculous decision from a dead apostate church. And I don't apologize for saying it. I mean, not only does Christian scripture clearly show that gay marriage is not Christian, these people don't even make a pretense about how they came to this conclusion...they voted. Voted! Since when does God rule by the votes of man?

"...They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: IvyLeague] #785196
06/22/14 06:18 AM
06/22/14 06:18 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@ivy

what was the scriptural basis for Mormons believing that Blacks were demons/devils? and how was that Mormon doctrine reversed?

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: getthesenets] #785198
06/22/14 06:35 AM
06/22/14 06:35 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
You don't have to reply. My overall point was that, even under the umbrella of Christianity or Protestantism...the beliefs, Biblical interpretations, and even the Holy books vary by denomination.

With some of the attacks on Mormons from mainstream Christian groups over the years, I figured that you'd be acutely aware of this.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: getthesenets] #785200
06/22/14 06:51 AM
06/22/14 06:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
what was the scriptural basis for Mormons believing that Blacks were demons/devils? and how was that Mormon doctrine reversed?

I'm not sure about Mormonism, Gets. But most people who use the Bible as an excuse to hate dark skinned people usually refer to the "Mark of Cain" in Genesis.

Of course it all stems from a poor Biblical translation. But any excuse will do for some people, right? rolleyes

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: IvyLeague] #785220
06/22/14 10:28 AM
06/22/14 10:28 AM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Italianheritage

This is a laughably ridiculous decision from a dead apostate church. And I don't apologize for saying it. I mean, not only does Christian scripture clearly show that gay marriage is not Christian, these people don't even make a pretense about how they came to this conclusion...they voted. Voted! Since when does God rule by the votes of man?

"...They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."

Yeah, because being part of a pseudo-Christian cult like the Mormon church means you have an excuse to be a bigot and hate people for something they can't change like their sexuality or race. I don't apologize for saying it. All because the false prophet and egomaniac Joseph Smith made up the story of finding golden plates with made up revisionist history based on a fantasy novel, and made up an entirely false book to control people and propagate his BS, propagate racism against blacks for over a century and not let them become cult leaders, have group marriage, and control or make women even more subservient to men. whistle

http://www.cultwatch.com/mormon.html

http://mormoncult.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spalding%E2%80%93Rigdon_theory_of_Book_of_Mormon_authorship

I'm not saying angels could not exist, only I think that the book of Mormon is a fraud.

The fact that Mormons claim Jesus the Christ as part of their religion does not make them Christian.

If that were the case, then Muslims are Christians.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 06/22/14 10:33 AM.
Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: pizzaboy] #785230
06/22/14 12:10 PM
06/22/14 12:10 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

I'm not sure about Mormonism, Gets. But most people who use the Bible as an excuse to hate dark skinned people usually refer to the "Mark of Cain" in Genesis.

Of course it all stems from a poor Biblical translation. But any excuse will do for some people, right? rolleyes

Thanks, pizza.

Ivy knows what I'm getting at though. An interpretation of a passage is one thing. Explicitly saying that Blacks are demons/devils as part of the doctrine/belief system is something else.

My cousins told me that Protestant missionaries used to go to Haiti and teach the mark of Cain nonsense to a country FULL of Black people, and have the Barry Gibb looking image of JC in tow. The entire full court press of propaganda.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: Lilo] #785236
06/22/14 12:29 PM
06/22/14 12:29 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Slowly they came, step by step, closer and closer:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An Episcopal chaplain on Sunday became the first openly transgender priest to preach at the historic National Cathedral in Washington D.C.

The Reverend Dr. Cameron Partridge, one of seven openly transgender clergy in the Episcopal Church, spoke from the Canterbury Pulpit in honor of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community's Pride Month, the Cathedral said.

http://news.msn.com/us/transgender-priest-preaches-at-washingtons-national-cathedral

Last edited by olivant; 06/22/14 12:30 PM.

Re: Scott Esk: Stoning Gays OK [Re: olivant] #785240
06/22/14 12:45 PM
06/22/14 12:45 PM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
Slowly they came, step by step, closer and closer:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An Episcopal chaplain on Sunday became the first openly transgender priest to preach at the historic National Cathedral in Washington D.C.

The Reverend Dr. Cameron Partridge, one of seven openly transgender clergy in the Episcopal Church, spoke from the Canterbury Pulpit in honor of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community's Pride Month, the Cathedral said.

http://news.msn.com/us/transgender-priest-preaches-at-washingtons-national-cathedral

This is a good thing.

I have no issues having a religious leader who transitioned genders, or who is in the process of doing so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull