GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 301 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,832
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? #783852
06/14/14 11:04 AM
06/14/14 11:04 AM
Wudstock Offline OP
Button
Wudstock  Offline OP
Button
Goodfellas

Everybody knew how tight Jimmy, Tommy and Henry were. So when Bats got killed... why the Italians only whack Tommy? Especially since Bat's crew saw all THREE of them in the bar that very night that Tommy and Bats got into it. It should have went down similar to Carlito's Way, when Kleinfeld killed Tony on the boat. Carlito became a target, guilty by association to Kleinfeld so why didn't they do the same thing to Jimmy and Henry?

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783854
06/14/14 11:08 AM
06/14/14 11:08 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Jimmy was a earner while Tommy was a wild case, but not sure about Henry..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783860
06/14/14 11:19 AM
06/14/14 11:19 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Well in real life Jimmy was of course not killed, while it's never been 100% confirmed that Tommy was murdered for the reasons given in the movie. It's not the same as discussing why something happened in The Sopranos for instance, since Goodfellas is based on a true story.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783865
06/14/14 12:06 PM
06/14/14 12:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Wudstock
Goodfellas

Everybody knew how tight Jimmy, Tommy and Henry were. So when Bats got killed... why the Italians only whack Tommy? Especially since Bat's crew saw all THREE of them in the bar that very night that Tommy and Bats got into it. It should have went down similar to Carlito's Way, when Kleinfeld killed Tony on the boat. Carlito became a target, guilty by association to Kleinfeld so why didn't they do the same thing to Jimmy and Henry?

Because, like "Carlito's Way," it's just a movie.

In real life Tommy getting killed had more to do with his murder of a guy named Foxy than it did with Batts.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783867
06/14/14 12:10 PM
06/14/14 12:10 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

The Iceman probably killed Tommy, he killed everybody else..

Last edited by DE NIRO; 06/14/14 12:10 PM.

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: DE NIRO] #783868
06/14/14 12:12 PM
06/14/14 12:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
The Iceman probably killed Tommy, he killed everybody else..

lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: DE NIRO] #783872
06/14/14 12:57 PM
06/14/14 12:57 PM
Wudstock Offline OP
Button
Wudstock  Offline OP
Button
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Jimmy was a earner while Tommy was a wild case, but not sure about Henry..

Well, Jimmy wasn't a made guy and also he wasn't 100% Italian and have Irish blood along with Henry. They can't become a member of a crew so I guess they have alright to murder them without having a sitdown while Tommy got whacked and also was 100% Italian. They all were involved with Batts' murdered and yet they couldn't kill Jimmy and Henry?....that's very strange if you asked me.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783873
06/14/14 12:58 PM
06/14/14 12:58 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Tommy killed "Foxy",(Ronald Jerothe) and "Bats",who were both Gambino guys."Bats" was a made guy,I'm not sure about "Foxy".

Since there was no concrete proof that Tommy was the shooter,the Gambinos couldn't whack him without approval from the Lucchese Family. Even though Tommy wasn't made,it would have been a major disrespect to Paul Vario.

The last straw came when Henry was locked up and Karen began an affair with Paulie. One day,Tommy came to Karen's house and tried to seduce her. When she resisted,he attempted to rape her.

When Paulie found out,he contacted the Gambinos and basically said that he had new evidence that Tommy killed "Bats",and that he would OK a hit on Tommy.

Since in effect,Paulie was doing the Gambinos a favor,it is within the realm of possibility that he made it clear that it was Tommy,and Tommy alone that was the guilty party.

Tommy was nothing but a major pain in Paulie's butt for years,and he probably figured that Jimmy and Henry would continue to be ferocious earners whether or not Tommy was with them.

The fact that Paulie allowed members of another Family to hit one of his guys just goes to show how little respect he had for Tommy.

The actual Gambino shooter is not known for sure,but Tommy Agro always claimed to have done the deed.
According to Henry Hill,John Gotti did the hit,and because he was a close friend of "Bats",made sure that Tommy's death did not come slow or easy.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Lou_Para] #783880
06/14/14 01:55 PM
06/14/14 01:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I find it very curious that Hill left the alleged Karen-Paulie affair out of the first---and much more reputable---book (the original "Wiseguy," by Pileggi). I personally think that the Tommy character became so iconic after the film, that Hill decided to capitalize on it in "Gangsters and Goodfellas."

Now I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened. As far as Paulie goes, those guys fuck each other over every day, so it wouldn't surprise me. As for Karen, she was a drug addled pig, her husband was in jail, and a broad like that is getting some dick somewhere.

It's just that Henry Hill was such a lying, bottom-feeding lowlife, that I take that story, along with everything else he ever said, with a grain of salt.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: pizzaboy] #783892
06/14/14 04:22 PM
06/14/14 04:22 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
In real life..... I've read here, on this forum, that it was Paulie who sexually assaulted Karen...not Tommy.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: pizzaboy] #783914
06/14/14 09:14 PM
06/14/14 09:14 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I find it very curious that Hill left the alleged Karen-Paulie affair out of the first---and much more reputable---book (the original "Wiseguy," by Pileggi). I personally think that the Tommy character became so iconic after the film, that Hill decided to capitalize on it in "Gangsters and Goodfellas."

Now I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened. As far as Paulie goes, those guys fuck each other over every day, so it wouldn't surprise me. As for Karen, she was a drug addled pig, her husband was in jail, and a broad like that is getting some dick somewhere.

It's just that Henry Hill was such a lying, bottom-feeding lowlife, that I take that story, along with everything else he ever said, with a grain of salt.
Agreed,Pizzaboy. Since everyone with firsthand knowledege of the Tommy hit is either dead or not talking,anything that Henry claims is largely uncontested by anybody.When he first made the allegation about Karen,I remember thinking that is might have been a chickens**t way to get back at her.
Having said that,I could see Paulie making a play for pay arrangement with Karen.Her old man is locked up,no money is coming in,etc.
In that world,everyone is living under an ambiguous moral code anyway,plus the fact that no one socializes with anyone outside the circle,so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

After Henry's fame started to fade in the years after Goodfellas,he probably had to come up with fresher stuff to keep him earning on the talk show circuit. As an old REO Speedwagon song says "Talk is cheap when the story's good,and the tales grow taller on down the line".

Just my 2 cents worth.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783921
06/14/14 11:22 PM
06/14/14 11:22 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

All im seeing in my head now is Lorainne Bronco getting it on with Paul Sorvino which is just wrong...

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783980
06/15/14 12:23 PM
06/15/14 12:23 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Spider, spider you mumbling little prick ye....

From what ive read, mostly on here Tommy was whacked for so many different reasons, the batts incident not even ranking highest.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783983
06/15/14 12:32 PM
06/15/14 12:32 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Something id like to know about Goodfellas, in the movie Henry states his drug connections were those from Pittsburgh.

In one of his Howard Stern interviews i think it was, he states that the drug dealing in the movie was really through Jimmy Burke and the heroin pizza connection.

So was there never any Pittsburgh connections but really Jimmy ?

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #783985
06/15/14 12:45 PM
06/15/14 12:45 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Henry Hill had a pittsburgh connection named Paul Mazzei who he met in prison, he wasn't a made guy but semi connected. he was kind of a mid level dealer, so whether or not he was hill's main contact for drugs, i dunno. Mazzei, Hill, and Burke were also involved in a point shaving scheme with college basketball in Boston. it was just barely mentioned in the film by morrie, right before he took a fucking ice pick in the back of the head lol.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #784023
06/15/14 02:50 PM
06/15/14 02:50 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Henry was interviewed several times by Howard Stern,and you could always count on him being sh**faced drunk or high. I think that he was so taken with his supposed "celebrity status" after the movie came out,that he would do or say anything to stay in the public's memory.
Since nobody wants to hear the same old stories,I think Henry just came up with new ones,either to plug another bio,or his cookbook.
It wouldn't surprise me if Henry would have suddenly "remembered" new info on the JFK hit if he thought it could get him back on Stern.
Then again,his brain was so rotted away from booze and dope,that he might have believed it himself.
As Frankie the Fixer said in Wise Guys when Piscopo shot DeVito,"He's dead,f**k him",(then he spits on the ground)the same goes for a piece of sh*t like Henry Hill.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #784027
06/15/14 03:14 PM
06/15/14 03:14 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Pretty sure people who used to go to the Gemini lounge never saw anyone that looked like the iceman.

only the unloved hate
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #784080
06/16/14 12:36 AM
06/16/14 12:36 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Thanks, yeah in the same interview Henry mentions for the first time that he whacked 3 people, i think it was a case of him being pretty shit faced as id never heard those claims before.

Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Lou_Para] #784567
06/18/14 02:53 PM
06/18/14 02:53 PM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
Henry was interviewed several times by Howard Stern,and you could always count on him being sh**faced drunk or high. I think that he was so taken with his supposed "celebrity status" after the movie came out,that he would do or say anything to stay in the public's memory.
Since nobody wants to hear the same old stories,I think Henry just came up with new ones,either to plug another bio,or his cookbook.
It wouldn't surprise me if Henry would have suddenly "remembered" new info on the JFK hit if he thought it could get him back on Stern.
Then again,his brain was so rotted away from booze and dope,that he might have believed it himself.
As Frankie the Fixer said in Wise Guys when Piscopo shot DeVito,"He's dead,f**k him",(then he spits on the ground)the same goes for a piece of sh*t like Henry Hill.

Henry Hill's daughter and son wrote and published a book about their dad. They claim that his book and movie are mostly BS.

I have not read their book but I found a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Run-Gregg-Hill-ebook/dp/B001DAI79W/

I feel bad for Henry and Karen's kids since they were raised by criminal types and people who had drug addictions who refused to get help or take being sober seriously.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 06/18/14 06:34 PM.
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Wudstock] #784571
06/18/14 03:13 PM
06/18/14 03:13 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Jimmy should have been the first to realize Tommy should be whacked. That guy was a crazy loose cannon. I never got it why Jimmy was so upset when Tommy got killed.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Something bother me about Goodfellas movie, a ? [Re: Dwalin2011] #786894
07/02/14 02:48 PM
07/02/14 02:48 PM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Jimmy should have been the first to realize Tommy should be whacked. That guy was a crazy loose cannon. I never got it why Jimmy was so upset when Tommy got killed.

In the lead up to Tommy getting whacked, Henry's narration (and Jimmy's giddiness at the diner awaiting the call) was that if Tommy were made, it was like all three of them were being made. When Tommy was killed, that brass ring was so close, yet so far away.

Both Jimmy and Tommy had tunnel vision when it came to being made, and neither figured anyone else knew Tommy had killed a made guy.

Last edited by Its_da_Jackeeettttttt; 07/02/14 02:53 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull