GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BarrettM, Irishman12), 297 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,798
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
" Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) #781494
06/01/14 02:12 PM
06/01/14 02:12 PM
V
vitovito Offline OP
Wiseguy
vitovito  Offline OP
V
Wiseguy
During the 1980s window scam the Genovese family or more specificly Chin was raking it in.
Its estimated more than 200million within a decade.

After 1981 chin basically became a recluse, he never went out, did not own a car! And spent all day in his bathrobe and payjamas..his daughter only ever seen him wear a suit once..Where did all his money go?

According to his daughter his houses were like dungeons, with barely anything in them! She also claims he did not leave much in terms of cash when he passed! Was it all about the power? He must of been a millionare ten times over!

She also claims he was the boss of bosses during this time, however i thought after big paul was hit,there was no commission! Or am i mistaken?

Apart from the 1950s when he was arrested then served time in jail....there doesnt seem to be much info on him up until the 80s! When did he become bossimg]

Last edited by vitovito; 06/01/14 06:33 PM.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781498
06/01/14 02:22 PM
06/01/14 02:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: vitovito
When did he become boss?

That depends if you choose to believe that Benny Squint completely relinquished control when he retired to Florida. But either way, it's a safe bet that Vince was de facto boss by the early '80s, with Fat Tony out front and Phil still having some influence from down in Florida.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781499
06/01/14 02:25 PM
06/01/14 02:25 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
It's all a mystery with him. He allegedly became capo of the Greenwich St crew sometime in the 1960's then shot up to underboss in 1981 then secretly became boss when Fat Tony had a stroke.

I'm sure he left plenty of untraceable cash behind for his children. I'm sure it was all about power, because he sure didn't get to enjoy that money. I wonder if he ever left the NY/NJ area his whole life other than to go to prison.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: mulberry] #781501
06/01/14 02:28 PM
06/01/14 02:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mulberry
I wonder if he ever left the NY/NJ area his whole life other than to go to prison.

Nope lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781503
06/01/14 02:37 PM
06/01/14 02:37 PM
V
vitovito Offline OP
Wiseguy
vitovito  Offline OP
V
Wiseguy
Yes, a total mystery! I guess nobody will ever know.lol

I just read the d arco book and was hoping for some juicy details on chin but theres basically nothing! He only met him once

His Greenwich crew were known as the mozerella mob.lol.

Last edited by vitovito; 06/01/14 02:46 PM.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781504
06/01/14 02:50 PM
06/01/14 02:50 PM
V
vitovito Offline OP
Wiseguy
vitovito  Offline OP
V
Wiseguy
[/img]

Last edited by vitovito; 06/01/14 06:31 PM.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781551
06/01/14 07:26 PM
06/01/14 07:26 PM
M
mldetroit Offline
Made Member
mldetroit  Offline
M
Made Member
I heard that he did not collect much from his capos. He did not demand nearly the kind of money from them the he could've. Some people he might have collected nothing from, others maybe a little more. And, this would obviously increase loyalty and give you some happy capos. I don't like to say things like this without a source...but I can't remember where I heard this. Some book or show or something where they were discussing payments. Has anybody else heard the same thing?

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781552
06/01/14 07:28 PM
06/01/14 07:28 PM
M
mldetroit Offline
Made Member
mldetroit  Offline
M
Made Member
By the way, I mean he did not collect much from his capos towards the end. Maybe...the last 5 years or 10 years or something. Had already made more than enough money for himself.

When you wear bathrobes everyday maybe you don't need to much money.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781556
06/01/14 07:44 PM
06/01/14 07:44 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
He wouldve been collecting from his Capo's period. Maybe not alot, but collecting he wouldve been.

Tribute was a sign of respect and to not demand respect from your capo's wouldve weakened Chin. And the Chin was WAY to smart to let happen.

So whether he collected alot, or a little.
He wouldve collected.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #781557
06/01/14 07:45 PM
06/01/14 07:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mldetroit
I heard that he did not collect much from his capos. He did not demand nearly the kind of money from them the he could've. Some people he might have collected nothing from, others maybe a little more. And, this would obviously increase loyalty and give you some happy capos. I don't like to say things like this without a source...but I can't remember where I heard this. Some book or show or something where they were discussing payments. Has anybody else heard the same thing?

Yeah, but his sons Andrew and Vinnie were getting rich enough for the entire family, and all of it funneled through legit companies and union contracts, so it all worked out in the end.

Just because Vince didn't keep the money for himself doesn't mean that his blood family didn't benefit enough for all of them wink.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781620
06/02/14 11:35 AM
06/02/14 11:35 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: vitovito
During the 1980s window scam the Genovese family or more specificly Chin was raking it in.
Its estimated more than 200million within a decade.

After 1981 chin basically became a recluse, he never went out, did not own a car! And spent all day in his bathrobe and payjamas..his daughter only ever seen him wear a suit once..Where did all his money go?

According to his daughter his houses were like dungeons, with barely anything in them! She also claims he did not leave much in terms of cash when he passed! Was it all about the power? He must of been a millionare ten times over!

She also claims he was the boss of bosses during this time, however i thought after big paul was hit,there was no commission! Or am i mistaken?

Apart from the 1950s when he was arrested then served time in jail....there doesnt seem to be much info on him up until the 80s! When did he become bossimg]

The "windows case" involved companies connected to all of the NY families except the Bonannos. The Genovese family and the Lucchese family (with it's control of Local 580 of the Architectural and Ornamental Ironworkers Union) were the main beneficiaries - approximately $142 million in rigged bids from 1978 to 1990.

It appears Chin became the official boss in 1981, not long after Salerno had his stroke. Prior to that, Salerno may have even been headed for the top slot. In any event, Chin officially replaced Lombardo (who apparently still weighed in on things) and Salerno was acting boss for Chin.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781638
06/02/14 01:16 PM
06/02/14 01:16 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Remember when Gigante was doing his nutjob act and the judge caught him off guard. "Good morning Mr Gigante." Good morning jud... *shit*

And the time he got caught looking at a woman's ass in the courtroom when she walked past.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: IvyLeague] #781777
06/03/14 11:20 AM
06/03/14 11:20 AM
Parisi Offline
Button
Parisi  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It appears Chin became the official boss in 1981, not long after Salerno had his stroke. Prior to that, Salerno may have even been headed for the top slot. In any event, Chin officially replaced Lombardo (who apparently still weighed in on things) and Salerno was acting boss for Chin.

That's right, I read Lombardo disguised his official status for a number of years following his retirement. Law Enforcement officials thought Salerno was the boss, although it later became clear that Salerno was nothing more than an acting boss; there to take the fall for the Genoveses during RICO indictments.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: Parisi] #781778
06/03/14 11:33 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Parisi
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

That's right, I read Lombardo disguised his official status for a number of years following his retirement. Law Enforcement officials thought Salerno was the boss, although it later became clear that Salerno was nothing more than an acting boss; there to take the fall for the Genoveses during RICO indictments.

Why would someone allow themselves to be the fall guy like that?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781779
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
But, as has been said on here before, Salerno wasn't stupid and I believe he was far more than a "fall guy."

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781781
06/03/14 11:38 AM
06/03/14 11:38 AM
Parisi Offline
Button
Parisi  Offline
Button
Here is an interesting article on 'Fat Tony' Salerno.
Originally Posted By: mafiablog.com
Much has been written about Mafiosi making their peace with God before shuffling off this mortal coil. Carlo Gambino, the unofficial boss of bosses, spent decades – most notably from the mid-1950s to mid-1970s – murdering and thieving while he ruled the crime family that still bears his name today. Dying in his bed having never served a day in prison, Gambino is famously said to have made a deathbed confession to a hastily summoned priest and died in a “state of grace,” cleansed of probably the most violent and horrible sins of which a human being is capable. Gambino took control of the family by killing his own boss – Albert Anastasia, the so-called Mad Hatter, former CEO of Murder Inc., a group of professional hit men, mostly Jewish, to whom the Mafia families would outsource any work, meaning murders, they needed done. It was just business.

Mobsters like Stephen “Beach” DePiro, a major player in the New Jersey underworld who now oversees the highly lucrative rackets along the North Jersey waterfront, think nothing of parading their religion before the judge when they are seeking parole. But the true test of a believer is how he acts when the Grim Reaper comes a-knocking.

Russel Bufalino, boss of the tiny Pennsylvania Bufalino crime family from 1959 to 1989, although he was also a significant player in LCN on a national level, also got religion waiting to meet his maker while dying in the Springfield prison hospital.

These were men who, at least the savvier ones, left little to chance; otherwise, they would have ended up dead in the streets much, much earlier in their careers. It takes a certain something – a special combination of cunning and courage, daring, poise and to an extent, even fear, plus the ability to act both rationally and irrationally, a paradox. They are an entrepreneur one minute, and the ender of human life the next. Mob bosses can be likened unto kings. But pragmatism also plays a role. So if there were the chance of an afterlife, why spend it burning in hell for murdering however many people when all it takes is a little remorse expressed to a priest (a nice, fat donation doesn’t hurt either).

Old-time Godfather Joe Profaci, whose crime family was taken over by Joe Colombo and renamed after the Olive Oil importer’s death, giving birth to the Colombos, also one of the five families in New York that is still very much with us. (New York is the only city with more than a single Mafia family running it — always was, always will be.) Profaci, who lost his legacy because he had fallen out of favor with his fellow dons, had a rather bizarre notion of what it meant to be a good Catholic: Profaci was devout and made generous cash donations to Catholic charities. His New Jersey estate actually contained a private chapel. But then on one occasion, two thieves stole a relic from a New York church. Profaci mobsters recovered the relic and reportedly strangled to death the two thieves with rosaries. Still, in 1949, a group of New York Catholics petitioned Pope Pius XII to confer a knighthood on Profaci. However, the Brooklyn District Attorney quashed it.

Perhaps the earliest and most famous deathbed “conversion” in mob land was that of Dutch Schultz (born Arthur Flegenheimer), a New York City-area Jewish American gangster of the 1920s and 1930s who made his fortune in bootlegging alcohol and the numbers racket. In 1935, in an effort to avert a pending conviction, Schultz had gone to the Commission – consider it as the board of directors of the Mafia – for permission to kill New York Prosecutor Thomas Dewey. His request was declined. Lucky Luciano and others were concerned, however, that Schultz would kill Dewey anyway (and he probably would have) so “the Dutchman’s” assassination was ordered that same year. So… he was critically wounded on an October evening of that year while holding court with three cronies in the Palace Chop House in Newark, New Jersey. Rushed to a hospital, he registered as being of the Jewish faith. But the next morning, feeling sure that he was going to die, he called for a Catholic priest. Father Cornelius McInerney was summoned. Schultz wanted to die a Catholic. Father McInerney gave him a few simple instructions, baptized him, and gave him the last rites of the Catholic Church. Dutch Schultz died on Oct. 28, 1935, and was buried in a Catholic cemetery, the Gate of Heaven, in New York City.

The list is endless. “Wild Bill” Cutolo, who was underboss of the Colombo family when he was murdered because he was so feared, the bosses thought he was poised to take over the entire family, also found religion after serving a stint in prison (he was facing a life sentence, but got off scot-free).

He even began living a sort-of double life as a mobster by day and charity fundraiser by night.

I spoke with a retired NYPD detective who arrested Wild Bill several times and also ran surveillance on him; the detective not only believes Wild Bill’s praying and churchgoing were sincere, he actually witnessed proof of it.

“He went to the same church as I did and I saw him there quite often,” the detective said.

Going to mass once a week once a week wasn’t enough for Cutolo, though. “Wild Bill had in his backyard a life-sized religious statue, I forget if it was a cross or the Blessed Mother,” the detective recalled. “Every morning he knelt before it and prayed.”

However, there is always an exception to the rule, and in this case, we have “Fat Tony” Salerno. It would seem that no such religious epiphanies ever came to him, at least based on what was probably his last act as a Mafiosi; but the thoughts/inner feelings of another human being are inscrutable to us, unless the person in question tells us. Tony didn’t tell us. I am just conveying facts and reasonable assumptions based on those facts. And the facts are, while dying in the same prison hospital that Bufalino had resided in at a different time, Salerno – jailed for life in the Commission Case, which launched Rudolph Giuliani’s career – gave a contract to another inmate in the sick ward, an outlaw biker named Sailor who was dying of cancer but poised to be released on a medical hardship. Salerno sent Sailor to whack someone who had testified against the old-timeCosa Nostra street boss in one of his trials, according to an anecdote buried near the end of Charles Brandt’s, “I Heard You Paint Houses.”

Salerno's final resting place.

Frank Sheeran, the book’s subject and the contract killer who is widely believed to have put the bullet in the back of Jimmy Hoffa’s head, as well as shooting to death upstart mobster Joe Gallo, who started two Mafia wars and whom Jimmy Caan befriended while preparing for a role in a film called “The Godfather.”

Sheeran was in the hospital with Salerno and claimed to have witnessed these events. The subject of the hit has not been revealed; we don’t even know if it was ever carried out, but judging by Fat Tony, I’d lay odds that it was.

Salerno served as the “front” boss of the Genovese clan, actually tricking the Feds and something like half the mob into believing he was the boss, when he really wasn’t. (Vincent “The Chin” Gigante, a criminal mastermind who outplayed so many lesser but higher-profile men, was happy being in the shadows, limping around the Village in his ratty bathrobe in a rehearsed, beard-stubbled stupor.)

Back in the mid 1980s, when so much was made about John Gotti being the mobster from Central Casting, to me, it was Fat Tony who was the embodiment of the real mobster. There are no books about his life, but that’s the way it should be. The Mafia is a “secret society,” even though it is covered on a daily basis by nearly every major newspaper in the world.

Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno (August 15, 1911 – July 27, 1992) was convicted in 1986 as part of the Commission Case, which put away most of the legendary bosses, including Lucchese family boss Tony “Ducks” Corallo. Who could forget the precious few news clips of Salerno, crumpled fedora planted firmly on his head, chewed-up unlit cigar in his mouth, waving his cane and barking at the surrounding paparazzi. Gotti, refusing to duck, smiled and bowed at the mobs of press – like a prince offering his blessings to the f—ing peasants; Salerno hit them with his cane. There’s the difference.

I am not going to regale you with the story of his life, but I will touch on the highlights.

Born in East Harlem in 1911, Salerno established his base there and never strayed far from the community, maintaining his headquarters at the Palma Boys Social Club, much like Neil Dellacroce, underboss to Carlo Gambino for 30 years, did downtown in Little Italy at the Ravenite. Dellacroce was also underboss to Castellano, running the blue-color wing of the family (the street guys who did the dirty work) until he (Dellacroce) died of brain cancer, paving the way for Dellacroce protégé John Gotti to have Castellano killed in a spectacular early evening hit in front of Sparks Steakhouse, still open today.

By the 1960s, Salerno was said by prosecutors to helm Harlem’s biggest numbers racket, which they estimated earned as much as $50 million a year. Yet despite his notoriety among prosecutors, Salerno’s first criminal conviction did not occur until 1978, when he pleaded guilty to Federal tax and gambling charges, for which he was sentenced to six months in prison. The infamous Roy M. Cohn, Salerno’s lawyer, described his client as a “sports gambler” in a New York Times article.

In early 1981, after his release from prison, Salerno suffered a mild stroke and retreated to his Rhinebeck estate to recuperate. At the time of his stroke, Salerno was Genovese underboss.

During the 1980s, following the retirement of Philip Lombardo, Salerno ostensibly became boss of the Genovese family. He had reached the pinnacle of his power–and would spend almost all his remaining life behind bars.

And although law enforcement at the time thought thatSalerno was the boss of the Genovese family, it later became clear thatSalerno was not the true power:Salerno was only a “front man”. Ever since the death of boss Vito Genovese in 1969, the real family leader had been “Benny Squint” Lombardo. Over the years, Lombardo used several acting bosses to disguise his true status from law enforcement and the other fourNew York crime families. At the same time Lombardo was grooming Vincent Gigante as his successor. According to “Fish” Cafaro,Salerno became front boss in 1981 to protect Gigante, who seems to have taken a page from Lombardo’s book and ran all the way to the nuthouse with it.

In a 1986 article, Fortune magazine rated Salerno the most powerful and wealthiest gangster in America, citing earnings in the tens of millions from loan sharking, profit skimming at Nevada casinos and charging a “Mafia tax” on New York City construction projects. At the time, he maintained a home in Miami Beach, a 100-acre estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y., and an apartment in Gramercy Park. (How on earth could Fortune calculate his net worth? And how could they know he was the wealthiest?)

“He was extremely powerful,” said Howard Abadinksy, professor of criminology at St. Xavier University inChicago and the author of several books on organized crime, in a New York Times article. He compared Salerno to the reputed head of the Gambino family at that time, Paul Castellano. “Castellano was perhaps first among equals, but Fat Tony would have been the other most powerful figure on the East Coast.”

In 1986, after the Commission Case trial that helped establish the use of RICO statutes against the mob, Salerno and seven other defendants were convicted of operating the “commission” that ruled the Mafia throughout the United States. He and others were given sentences of up to 100 years.

Salerno also was convicted in 1988 for a scheme to allocate contracts and obtain payoffs for constructing the concrete superstructures of 16 Manhattan buildings, including the Jacob J.Javits Convention Center. He was sentenced to 70 years on that conviction.

Salerno, who had been in failing health since entering the prison system in 1989, died of complications from a stroke that he suffered on July 18, the officials said. But not before he sent Sailor out on that little mission. Salerno was 80 years old.

On a wiretap at a mob hangout, Federal agents once recorded Salerno bemoaning a disrespectful young gangster who had called him “Fat Tony” to his face.

“If it wasn’t for me, there wouldn’t be no mob left,” Salerno said. “I made all the guys.”

How true, Tony, wherever you are…

http://mafialifeblog.com/fat-tony-a-mobsters-mobster-to-the-very-end/

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781783
06/03/14 11:45 AM
06/03/14 11:45 AM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
The term "fall guy" gets thrown around way too loosely.

Who is the boss of the Greenwich Village Crew?

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781785
06/03/14 12:45 PM
06/03/14 12:45 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Somebody like Skinny or Pizzaboy would know better than me but I would guess that Quiet Dom Cirillo runs that crew now. Not sure if they still operate in that same area.

Last edited by Snakes; 06/03/14 12:45 PM.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: Snakes] #781786
06/03/14 01:05 PM
06/03/14 01:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Snakes
Somebody like Skinny or Pizzaboy would know better than me but I would guess that Quiet Dom Cirillo runs that crew now. Not sure if they still operate in that same area.

Exactly, Snakes. It's the same way they still refer the Muscarella crew as the 116th Street crew. There hasn't been anything physically going on on 116th Street for years. Same goes for the Village. The Triangle closed its doors not many years after Vince went away to die in prison. But they're still going to refer to it as the Downtown Crew.

I guess it's a lot like the way they refer to the families themselves (Bonanno, Gambino, et al.). The namesakes have been dead for years, but they still refer to them that way. I guess it's easier for the Feds to remember that way lol.

And from what I understand, QD has pulled it in A LOT lately. I doubt he'll ever completely retire like Benny and Mario. But as far as him running the day to day for the Downtown Crew? Nah wink .

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781789
06/03/14 01:16 PM
06/03/14 01:16 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Isn't cirillo the fella that had his own kid flattened?

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #781791
06/03/14 01:21 PM
06/03/14 01:21 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

this comes up every once in a while when ever dom is mentioned, and there are some people on here who are convinced that QD had his own kid hit. but thats not what happened.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781793
06/03/14 01:22 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, but it's a bit more complicated than it appears on the surface. I'll let someone else explain it wink

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #781794
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I don't feel like going down the rabbit hole with that one again because I've never believed it. But yeah, he's the guy that's been speculated about.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781796
06/03/14 01:34 PM
06/03/14 01:34 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Wasn't it Basciano's kid that hit Cirillo's son?

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781802
06/03/14 02:08 PM
06/03/14 02:08 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
I think he (Cirillos kid) got knocked down because of an altercation he had with bascianos kid & another bonnano guy and his old man had had enough of him beefing and ego tripping. Is this correct?

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #781804
06/03/14 02:12 PM
06/03/14 02:12 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
I think he (Cirillos kid) got knocked down because of an altercation he had with bascianos kid & another bonnano guy and his old man had had enough of him beefing and ego tripping. Is this correct?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...others-Day.html

(Not that I agree with article but this appears the common consensus in LE)

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781805
06/03/14 02:15 PM
06/03/14 02:15 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Tommy Eboli's ex wife Anna passed away here in Melrose Park last November at age 101. She was buried at Queen Of Heaven, the Outfit graveyard. Speaking of extended genovese deaths.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781808
06/03/14 02:23 PM
06/03/14 02:23 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Kind of off-topic but speaking of (almost) centenarians, you remember Charlie "Specs" DiCaro, Huron? He was out of the rackets for years but he didn't kick the bucket until September of 2011, four months shy of his 100th birthday.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #781810
06/03/14 02:28 PM
06/03/14 02:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I didn't want to get into it with Ivy and a few of the other guys who believe that story, but fuck it. It's bullshit. Vinny's people did that on the sneak and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

I've lived within spitting distance of BOTH sides of that story for over fifty years, and there's NOT ONE SINGLE STREET GUY in the Bronx who believes Dom gave the nod.

And as far as the jailhouse conversation that Vinny had with Massino, where he said "that was Dom's doing"?

OF COURSE he denied it. Massino was still the boss at the time, and the idea of him eventually becoming a rat was absurd. Vinny HAD TO deny it or risk getting hit himself.

That's my two cents, it might even be three cents. But that's what I believe.

Re: " Chin " Gigante (lifestye etc.) [Re: vitovito] #781812
06/03/14 02:45 PM
06/03/14 02:45 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Well said PB, i knew Vinny had pulled that one off. Regardless of what Dom thought about his son being a drug addict or what not imo, never in a million years would he have ever gave the OK for his son's demise. Just curious how come Dom never retaliated over that situation PB?

Last edited by njcapo35; 06/03/14 04:17 PM.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull