GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Big_Tuna93, Lou_Para), 223 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: mulberry] #780279
05/26/14 08:15 AM
05/26/14 08:15 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Some guys saw them do that and got pretty mad. So I was told by this guy a gang member. They saw the guy alone and kidnaped him off the street. They took him to a safe house. Then they told him they were going to protest him doing that in the same way.

They rapped a flag around his face, and set it on fire.

Thats a fair response.
I do so love how some Americans are so pro-free speech.

As long as you agree with them.

I'm sure those guys are representative of all Americans. You are so tolerant and unbiased

Interesting use of the word 'tolerant' given the context.

Note how I stated 'some'. Not 'all'.

I wrote my response in disgust at a pretty sick story. I thought it was rather tame to be honest considering it's about wrapping a flag around a guys face and setting it on fire. All because he was protesting and burnt a flag himself. I make a remark about 'tolerance' and free speech and you're into me for 'tolerance' and bias?

It's your dime.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: DE NIRO] #780283
05/26/14 08:57 AM
05/26/14 08:57 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Fear..

That's it in a nutshell. Fear of the Mafia is based on the myth of Mafia invincibility--the myth that they will avenge any slight, track down any transgressor, get away with any murder, corrupt any public official..

Not any more. Today's Mafia does bring in considerable money in various rackets, and does wield political power in some areas. But the quality of leadership has declined since the Commission case and the various strike forces put the old timers away and busted the myth of Mafia invincibility. Today's leaders, and especially recruits, are more of Cosa Mia than Cosa Nostra. They turn rat at the slightest pressure. Not many are afraid of the Mob anymore.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #780286
05/26/14 09:28 AM
05/26/14 09:28 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Some guys saw them do that and got pretty mad. So I was told by this guy a gang member. They saw the guy alone and kidnaped him off the street. They took him to a safe house. Then they told him they were going to protest him doing that in the same way.

They rapped a flag around his face, and set it on fire.

Thats a fair response.
I do so love how some Americans are so pro-free speech.

As long as you agree with them.

I'm sure those guys are representative of all Americans. You are so tolerant and unbiased

Interesting use of the word 'tolerant' given the context.

Note how I stated 'some'. Not 'all'.

I wrote my response in disgust at a pretty sick story. I thought it was rather tame to be honest considering it's about wrapping a flag around a guys face and setting it on fire. All because he was protesting and burnt a flag himself. I make a remark about 'tolerance' and free speech and you're into me for 'tolerance' and bias?

It's your dime.

That's like reading a story about a woman in Australia being raped and saying I love how some Australians respect women.

Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: Turnbull] #780417
05/27/14 04:06 AM
05/27/14 04:06 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Today's leaders, and especially recruits, are more of Cosa Mia than Cosa Nostra.

quote of the year

Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: BorderProtector] #780472
05/27/14 11:11 AM
05/27/14 11:11 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: BorderProtector
I'm sorry to ask this question but what makes the mafia so powerful and different from other large American gangs like the Latin Kings, Texas Syndicate or Tangos Blast etc? Is the mafia really the most powerful gangs or other gangs like the Texas Syndicate that have sophisticated structures and deal in drug trafficking and drug sales is equally or more powerful than some mafia families? Or is the Mafia's past is somewhat clouding or misleading the actual power of the Mafia in 2014. I know the mafia is not organization but a plural name for Italian-American sophisticated gangs and sophisticated structure. But I have to ask,how much money the largest family is making a year(Genovese)?

Sorry for my ignorance but I simply don't know much about the mob but I simply can not believe the mob is as powerful as it's potrayed. I like to think that there are some gangs that make much more money than the mob like American drug organizations like the Black Mafia family.

The Mafia at it's peak here in the U.S. was national in scope (approx 2 dozen families), controlled the lion's share of criminal enterprises in several U.S. cities, the "big four" national labor unions and countless locals in the northeast and midwest, whole industries in New York, and had unrivaled clout with politicians, judges, cops, etc. No criminal organization before or since, including the modern day Mafia, has, does have, or will have that kind of influence in this country.

That said, fast forward to today and what remains of the modern day Mafia is basically the 5 New York families and a handful of small ones in New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, and Chicago. While a good argument can be made that the Mafia is still the strongest criminal organization in the Tri-State area, if not the northeast where about 90% of it's membership remains, in terms of an overall organized crime threat to this country, the Mexican DTO's are now #1 with their dominance of the drug trade across most of the nation. I'd look at these groups first before the drug/prison gangs you mentioned above.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: carmela] #780474
05/27/14 11:20 AM
05/27/14 11:20 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
You shouldn't come at me with a screwdriver. My mother came at me with a screwdriver once. Once.

youre a fargon ice hole

When Interpol?
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: Footreads] #780476
05/27/14 11:22 AM
05/27/14 11:22 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Your going to dig this. We were always fighting the viceroys a PR gang.

One of them I recognized in a movie with Dustin Hoffman the Marathan man. He was one of the PR's that robbed hoffmans house to get his fathers 45.

He got no billing his real name is Pablo Guzman later he became an investigative
Reporter for channel 5 news. He still might be a reporter.

extremely popular one

When Interpol?
Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: getthesenets] #780723
05/28/14 02:27 PM
05/28/14 02:27 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Are you Mexican, BP??

J:"He looks like somebody we know"

T:"woah...It's him, just with a beard"

LOL if this is what I think it's about!

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: pizzaboy] #780748
05/28/14 04:22 PM
05/28/14 04:22 PM
B
BorderProtector Offline OP
Wiseguy
BorderProtector  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Yes, you are correct I am both a Mexican citizen born in Monterrey,Nuevo Leon, Mexico but immigrated here when I was a small kid but moved back to my birth place when I was a young teenager and boy I can tell you how much Mexico has changed(which is good) since 2006 or so when Felipe Calderon won the presidency elections. Mexico was a peaceful place where under age people would go drinking across to Nuevo Laredo to have good cheap fun but since the 2003 war between Gulf and Sinaloa broke out. It was the calm before the storm. It really tainted Nuevo Laredo as a dangerous town because it brought out what the cartels were capable of. It really shook and took the town for surprise and captured national attention to the cartels. The cartels (Sinaloa and Tijuana) had some friction in the past but the war between them was low key in fashion. People got killed behind closed curtains and there very little mutilations but they didn't display the bodies to the public. What brought international attention to the cartels were the Los Zetas(back then the armed wing of the Gulf Cartel) was the shootouts and effectiveness of their techniques and tacticss vs Los Negros which was a hit squad that La Barbie used which were pretty much street thugs. Back then Los Zetas were primarily made of ex soldiers and police. So they kicked Barbie's and Chapo`s ass out of Nuevo Laredo. Modern day zetas resemble more street thugs whith half ass training but are more organized and do wield more influence on local and state authorities and local politicians. They do have some AEI on their ranks though and have heavily imflatrated the local and state.authorities. Only the army and Marines give them shit. But Nuevo Laredo and many towns close to the border feel very unsafe at times. I am falling.off track here but yes I am both Mexican and American. Mexican-Americans are more American than Mexican though culturally speaking except by town. Laredo Texas which is about 90% Hispanic and a lot of people speak.spanish ,the younger generations speak English though but they still know or understand Spanish. I speak, read and write English perfectly. If you.want.to know about the cartels I am the man to.ask.

Re: What makes the Mafia so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #780752
05/28/14 04:35 PM
05/28/14 04:35 PM
B
BorderProtector Offline OP
Wiseguy
BorderProtector  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
Well I think the Mafia or more likely street gangs present the most danger to U.S citizens than the cartels ever would. You see the cartel's influence strongest is at the Mexican side border but once you cross the International bridge to the U.S the cartel I fluennce will always stay on the Mexican side. They(cartels) do have some pretty strong influence in Central America and some in South America..The distribution networks in the U.S aren't.exactly cartel members but.more of associates and what not. What I mean there isn't captains and gun men running rackets on the U.S side like they do in Mexico. There has been a.few cells.of Zetas operating here in Laredo but mainly for laumdering money or killing some body which they.rarely do o. this side of the border..Besides laundering money on the U.S side the cartels. They don't run shit on the U.S.
th
Edit:Besides that this post was meant to be addressed to IvyLeague.Back in the 1920's what mob dominated the booze trade? The Outfit? Or was the slice was more equally cut.each dozen or so mob having.their fair share or did one group dominated more than half of the pie? Like the Sinaloa or.Nrdangheta in Italy.

Last edited by BorderProtector; 05/28/14 04:45 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull