GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One big question #779516
05/21/14 08:08 PM
05/21/14 08:08 PM
S
secondcoming Offline OP
Wiseguy
secondcoming  Offline OP
S
Wiseguy
I'm new here so forgive me if this has been asked, and if it has, just point me towards that thread and I'll take this one down...

So I loved the first 2 movies and I have very few complaints, but my big question is how the hell did Michael become boss in the first place? I got the impression that he wasn't even involved in the business and he was also really young. How does he pop out of nowhere and become the don? Isn't that like tony soprano making AJ the boss?

Re: One big question [Re: secondcoming] #779551
05/22/14 05:11 AM
05/22/14 05:11 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: secondcoming
I'm new here so forgive me if this has been asked, and if it has, just point me towards that thread and I'll take this one down...

So I loved the first 2 movies and I have very few complaints, but my big question is how the hell did Michael become boss in the first place? I got the impression that he wasn't even involved in the business and he was also really young. How does he pop out of nowhere and become the don? Isn't that like tony soprano making AJ the boss?

Welcome to the boards.

Are you sure that you saw GFI? confused

Perhaps you need to watch GFI more closely because it is very clear how and why Michael is put into a position where he must save the family and become the boss.

As for the analogy of Michael being made Don being like Tony Soprano making AJ the Don...... Not!

Now if you used that analogy for Fredo..... lol

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: One big question [Re: secondcoming] #779557
05/22/14 07:18 AM
05/22/14 07:18 AM
S
secondcoming Offline OP
Wiseguy
secondcoming  Offline OP
S
Wiseguy
Well I admit that the vast majority of times that I saw the movie was when I happened to find it playing on TV. Not from the beginning on some godfather marathon.
The way my younger mind took it was: Michael wasn't involved in the business, he killed those 2 at the restaurant and hid out in italy, then came back and became godfather.
What am I missing? I didn't get the impression that he was made, involved, and running a crew.

Re: One big question [Re: secondcoming] #779608
05/22/14 01:01 PM
05/22/14 01:01 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: secondcoming
Well I admit that the vast majority of times that I saw the movie was when I happened to find it playing on TV. Not from the beginning on some godfather marathon.
The way my younger mind took it was: Michael wasn't involved in the business, he killed those 2 at the restaurant and hid out in italy, then came back and became godfather.
What am I missing? I didn't get the impression that he was made, involved, and running a crew.

Second... do yourself a favor and get yourself a DVD or some other version of the real, uncut Godfather, not some chopped up television version. A lot will become very clear to you if you do that. For now forget the marathons, forget II and III... just see the original.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: One big question [Re: secondcoming] #779617
05/22/14 01:29 PM
05/22/14 01:29 PM
S
secondcoming Offline OP
Wiseguy
secondcoming  Offline OP
S
Wiseguy
So I guess TV versions chopped out some good stuff. It could also be that it's been well over a decade since I saw any of them. It seemed like a simple climb to me. Kill a couple people, hide out, come back and be everyone's boss. That's why I asked here. I didn't think it could be so simple

Re: One big question [Re: secondcoming] #779740
05/23/14 04:44 AM
05/23/14 04:44 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
As Don T said above, go and get the GFI DVD and watch it closely.

And pay particular attention to Michael and his demeanor throughout the entire hospital scene. wink

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull