GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (GangstersInc), 181 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,302
Posts1,058,259
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: TheAustralian] #781719
06/03/14 05:37 AM
06/03/14 05:37 AM
T
TheAustralian Offline OP
Made Member
TheAustralian  Offline OP
T
Made Member
My trolling was so subtle.

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: cheech] #782024
06/04/14 02:09 PM
06/04/14 02:09 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech
Sometimes and I know this sounds weird but it isn't the money. Its the feeling of belonging too something only a few have belonged. It's the feeling of getting over.

or you have 4 or 5 friends in the same gang

it's easier to join a gang than to avoid them in some neighborhoods

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: TheAustralian] #782042
06/04/14 03:21 PM
06/04/14 03:21 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Again. No clue what the fuck you're talking about.

When Interpol?
Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: cheech] #782049
06/04/14 04:11 PM
06/04/14 04:11 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

so you're gonna tell me about why people join gangs in the black community?

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: cookcounty] #782069
06/04/14 05:23 PM
06/04/14 05:23 PM
T
TheAustralian Offline OP
Made Member
TheAustralian  Offline OP
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Because they're savages.

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: TheAustralian] #782083
06/04/14 07:27 PM
06/04/14 07:27 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: TheAustralian
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Because they're savages.

Australian - your racist crap is not acceptable on these boards. Perhaps you can find a board down under that is more suitable for your posting style. Take a week off from here to look for one.

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: SC] #782275
06/05/14 07:39 PM
06/05/14 07:39 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
clap clap clap

Say it loud ! I'm BLACK & PROUD !

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: TheAustralian] #782490
06/07/14 04:37 AM
06/07/14 04:37 AM
D
Dirty_Sox_Bob Offline
Wiseguy
Dirty_Sox_Bob  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Why would people want to be made? Power, prestige, but mostly that there are always people that want to see the world burn.

And I guess that they either don't give a fuck about what will happen to them or they think that they are smarter or tougher than what will come up against them.

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: BlackFamily] #782626
06/07/14 06:39 PM
06/07/14 06:39 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
clap clap clap

Say it loud ! I'm BLACK & PROUD !

all day, every day

======

The irony of a dude who is from a country that was basically a penal colony making that comment. England emptied their jails and sent them to go "colonize" Australia.

Just another new name on the ignore list.

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: TheAustralian] #782985
06/09/14 06:37 PM
06/09/14 06:37 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I mean the mob in 2014 is a dying breed with the sophistication of electronic surveillance and computers systems. I mean gambling is legal everywhere basically, every state has a numbers system and there is almost a national one. Its tough for unions in some cases states to squeeze development like they have in the past. I think one of the biggest money makers that the mob may have had their hands in in the past few years was the mortgage crisis and flipping homes because a lot of dumbasses stole tons of $$ in that scam and then the pill mills in Florida and elsewhere that generated a ton of money before the authorities caught up to them. People need to be smarter and not so much streetwise these days to look ahead at areas they can get their money illegally. It seems that the russians and other euros are more fwd looking people into the tech crimes and are getting billions in that industry and not getting caught and probably not looking to share that profit with anyone

Re: Reasons to join the Mob in 2014?? [Re: merlino] #783023
06/10/14 04:12 AM
06/10/14 04:12 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: merlino
I mean the mob in 2014 is a dying breed with the sophistication of electronic surveillance and computers systems. I mean gambling is legal everywhere basically, every state has a numbers system and there is almost a national one. Its tough for unions in some cases states to squeeze development like they have in the past. I think one of the biggest money makers that the mob may have had their hands in in the past few years was the mortgage crisis and flipping homes because a lot of dumbasses stole tons of $$ in that scam and then the pill mills in Florida and elsewhere that generated a ton of money before the authorities caught up to them. People need to be smarter and not so much streetwise these days to look ahead at areas they can get their money illegally. It seems that the russians and other euros are more fwd looking people into the tech crimes and are getting billions in that industry and not getting caught and probably not looking to share that profit with anyone

Merlino,

Another South Florida pill mill was taken down a couple days ago.

South Florida man ran $15M pill mill that supplied Kentucky drug dealers, feds say

Joel Shumrak, 66, of Boca Raton, is charged with running a $15 million pill… (Handout/Broward Sheriff's…)

June 4, 2014|By Paula McMahon, Sun Sentinel

The owner of a South Florida pain clinic is facing criminal charges — accused of running a $15 million pill mill operation that supplied oxycodone to drug dealers and addicts in other states.

Joel Shumrak, 66, of Boca Raton, was arrested Tuesday after federal agents raided his Broken Sound home and his Fort Lauderdale business, Pain Center of Broward on the 5400 block of North Federal Highway.

"The amount of money from the pain clinic is, frankly, staggering — $15 million," Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Tantillo said during a hearing Wednesday in federal court in Fort Lauderdale.

Prosecutors said the South Florida-based drug conspiracy involved more than one million pills and supplied about 25 percent of all of the oxycodone distributed in the eastern district of Kentucky.

A judge ordered Shumrak detained without bond and he is being held at the Broward County Jail. He will remain in custody while he is transferred to Kentucky to face the federal indictment, which was filed there.

Agents seized about $4 million on Tuesday, as well as vehicles and other assets that belong to Shumrak and his wife, a science teacher who works for the Broward County schools district, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors argued that Shumrak was a flight risk and a danger to the community, telling the judge that he has access to some $15 million, including money they said was kept in offshore accounts on the Mediterranean island Republic of Cyprus and the Caribbean island Nevis.

Shumrak is a well-known businessman who often served as an informal spokesman for South Florida's pain management community. He always said that he was operating legally and criticized doctors in other states who he said were unwilling to appropriately treat chronic pain.

For many years, South Florida became notorious as a destination for addicts and drug dealers who drove hundreds of miles from Appalachia, lured by ads and billboards that urged them to take advantage of the region's formerly lax controls on prescription painkillers.

Law enforcement, drug dealers and addicts began calling the well-traveled route to South Florida the Oxy Express or the Oxy Highway.

Shumrak, who wore dark blue jail scrubs with his hands cuffed to a chain around his waist, did not speak in court.

Shumrak's lawyer, Bernard Cassidy, said his client will vigorously defend himself against the allegations, emphasizing that the Fort Lauderdale business was licensed and inspected by the state.

"Joel was a licensed business owner and we intend to fight the charges," Cassidy said.

In court, Cassidy told U.S. Magistrate Judge Alicia Valle that Shumrak has known since 2011 that he was under investigation, but never fled because has done nothing wrong.

If convicted of the drug distribution and money-laundering conspiracy charges, he could face more than 20 years in federal prison. Investigators said Shumrak operated the conspiracy, with a Georgia-based doctor, between June 2008 and May of this year when the grand jury indictment was issued.

Prosecutors said in court that investigators secretly recorded Shumrak talking about fleeing to avoid prosecution. They said that Drug Enforcement Administration agents from Kentucky and South Florida also gathered evidence that Shumrak was photocopying his financial and patient records so that he could continue to commit crimes at a different location.

Cassidy told the judge that there was nothing "nefarious" about Shumrak's copying of records and that Cassidy had instructed him to make copies to use in his defense.

"Mr. Shumrak does joke around and tends to say things like he will flee," Cassidy told the judge.

He said that Shumrak has strong ties to the South Florida community and would never abandon his wife, adult children and two young grandchildren. He also has diabetes, hypertension, suffered a seizure a few years ago and is taking about 10 prescription medications, Cassidy said.

"His clinic has closed down since the raid yesterday," Cassidy said in court. "He's a 66-year-old man in bad health. I don't think he represents a threat to anyone."

Cassidy also said in court that it was misleading to suggest that Shumrak was hiding money offshore. He said that Shumrak used "strategic tax shelters' to operate some of his insurance businesses overseas, but most of the money remained in the U.S.

Community activists, who have picketed Shumrak's business many times over the years and blame him and his employees for the drug-related deaths of at least two people, said they were delighted and relieved to hear of his arrest.

"I hope and pray they've got him this time," said Janet Colbert, a Broward county resident and nurse who was one of the founders of STOPP Now (Stop the Organized Pill Pushers Now). "He's very cocky, with his security guard carrying a Glock in the parking lot when we picket."

"I think the tide is turning and hopefully eventually we won't have this problem any more – law enforcement has done a lot in recent years to shut this problem down," Colbert said.

In court, prosecutors referred to Shumrak's wife and adult children as alleged co-conspirators though none of them have been criminally charged in the case. Court records name Shumrak's wife Amy, and some other family members, as joint holders or signatories on some of the bank accounts that investigators allege were linked to the money-laundering conspiracy charge against Joel Shumrak.

Amy Shumrak attended the court hearing with her adult son but neither of them spoke. She teaches science at Lyons Creek Middle School in Coconut Creek, school district officials

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-06...on-joel-shumrak

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull