GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 323 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Final Episode Explained #776990
05/11/14 05:25 PM
05/11/14 05:25 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Here's a pretty good explanation of what may have happened to Tony Soprano in the final episode of the show. The explanation seems possible to me.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO LINK

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #776993
05/11/14 05:35 PM
05/11/14 05:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Totally plausible. And I've been saying that Tony was killed at the diner for the past seven years smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #776994
05/11/14 05:41 PM
05/11/14 05:41 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Good theory. I still don't understand why Chase had an unexplainable ending. I thought the ending was great, but it still gave us no closure. Maybe he was just unsure on how to end it.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 05/11/14 05:42 PM.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #776995
05/11/14 05:42 PM
05/11/14 05:42 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Im convinced.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: NickyEyes1] #776997
05/11/14 05:45 PM
05/11/14 05:45 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
I thought the ending was great, but it still gave us no closure. Maybe he was just unsure on how to end it.

I loved the ending as it was. Chase didn't like to tie things up into a neat, little bundle. Many of the show's storylines went unresolved. I guess it was up to each of us to imagine how the show ended.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: NickyEyes1] #776998
05/11/14 05:48 PM
05/11/14 05:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good theory. I still don't understand why Chase had an unexplainable ending. I thought the ending was great, but it still gave us no closure. Maybe he was just unsure on how to end it.

That's because, as you get older, Nicky, you'll find out that we rarely get so-called "closure" in many areas of our lives. I think that was Chase's whole point. But I'm still convinced that Tony died.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: pizzaboy] #777011
05/11/14 08:17 PM
05/11/14 08:17 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
I hate to admit it but Tony definitely died. I think Chase didn't completely end Tony in case the desire to continue his story later on down the road ever occurred.

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777084
05/12/14 06:57 AM
05/12/14 06:57 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
I still don't think he was whacked in the restaurant, the amount of different people that came in, were all red herrings.

The fade to black in my opinion was really just to say Tony was fucked no matter what. With carlo flipping, it was only a matter of time that either the feds got him or he was whacked after what happened with New York, half his crew was gone.

It was over for Tony basically or it was going to be very shortly. For me there was nothing to really suggest he was whacked, some dodgy looking italian guy going to the toilet, plus a couple of other guys coming into the restaurant, who ended up sitting down.

Will watch the video when im back on the PC though later.

Last edited by afriendofours; 05/12/14 06:58 AM.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777175
05/12/14 12:15 PM
05/12/14 12:15 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The cut-to-black functions how a coin-toss does for someone who can't make a decision. In the brief time the coin is spinning in the air, you realise which side you're hoping it lands on. In cutting to black without so-called "closure", Chase is asking us to decide for ourselves the moral implications of Tony's potential murder.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777262
05/12/14 05:50 PM
05/12/14 05:50 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
My opinion is that the Sopranos was such a monster hit and cultural icon,that any ending Chase would have picked would not have been good enough.

We watched Tony's kids grow up,saw his rise to power,became intimate associates with our favorite characters,and in general let the show become part of the fabric of our lives for so many years.

How do you end such an incredible run?

I think that Chase made a brilliant decision.Instead of giving us the ending,he let us provide our own. By leaving a blank canvas,he provided each of us with the luxury of closing the show in our own personal way.

Granted he pis*ed a lot of people off,but that's because the viewing public is used to neatly wrapped packages.
Chase paid us a compliment by treating us as more than mindless boob tubers.

At first,like almost everyone else,I wanted to strangle him for leaving us hanging.But as time went on,I realized that he made a brilliant move.

For me,Tony wasn't killed,and the final scene reminds us of what Tony's life is like,now and in the future.
Is a RICO bust imminent? Does he still have a viable crew? Is the New York situation over? He still has to live day to day with the possibility of being hit,as does any Mob guy.

The nice thing is that I can watch the final scene and find enough justification to support my viewpoint.The same can be said for those who believe that Tony got killed at the diner,or that Meadow caught a stray bullet.

No matter what you believe happened when the screen went black,you are right. There is enough there to support any conclusion.

To me,that is the genius of David Chase.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777372
05/13/14 09:35 AM
05/13/14 09:35 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
I thought the ending was great, but it still gave us no closure. Maybe he was just unsure on how to end it.

I loved the ending as it was. Chase didn't like to tie things up into a neat, little bundle. Many of the show's storylines went unresolved. I guess it was up to each of us to imagine how the show ended.

I agree SC...I was disappointed at first like everyone else (thought my cable went out) but looking back on it i think its genius and i wholeheartedly believe he was wacked...going ack to the first episode in that season when bobby says you probably dont even hear it you just go black...and thats what happens at the end...i think it was foreshadowing.

any way we are still talking about it so Chase got what he was looking for.

havent read the link yet, looking forward to it.

When Interpol?
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777387
05/13/14 11:24 AM
05/13/14 11:24 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
I think that Chase deliberately put the "everything goes black" comment by Bobby in as a sneaky little red herring.
Bobby saw his killers coming,Sil knew he was hit in his car outside the Bing,Torchiano knew he was getting hit,(although Sil didn't at first),Mikey Palmici knew,etc.
In short,everybody who got killed in the show's run pretty much saw it coming,even if it was only a second or two before it happened.
I think that Chase's emphasis on reminding us of Bobby's statement was to give plausible evidence for the "Tony gets hit" ending.
As I mentioned previously,Chase threw in enough stuff in the final episode to support every possible ending. No matter what your take on Tony's fate,you can find sufficient "clues" to prove your position.

Kind of reminds me of the "Paul is dead" days.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777412
05/13/14 12:47 PM
05/13/14 12:47 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Bobby never even said "everything goes black" he just said you "probably don't see it coming." But I agree with you Lou.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 05/13/14 12:48 PM.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: NickyEyes1] #777533
05/13/14 05:55 PM
05/13/14 05:55 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Bobby never even said "everything goes black" he just said you "probably don't see it coming." But I agree with you Lou.
Good catch Eyes.You're absolutely right.I don't know where I got the "everything goes black" from.I guess I can chalk it up to a brain fart.As i get older,my daily allowance of them has increased,so I'm sure this won't be the last one.Christ,I hope I don't wind up with a cat in my lap like Junior.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: Lou_Para] #777601
05/14/14 06:46 AM
05/14/14 06:46 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
Good catch Eyes.You're absolutely right.I don't know where I got the "everything goes black" from.I guess I can chalk it up to a brain fart.As i get older,my daily allowance of them has increased,so I'm sure this won't be the last one.Christ,I hope I don't wind up with a cat in my lap like Junior.

lol Don't blame your memory, I've seen many people give that as a reason so probably where you got it. Don't know how that got started.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #777763
05/14/14 06:28 PM
05/14/14 06:28 PM
Tampa, FL
waynethegame Offline
Capo
waynethegame  Offline
Capo
Tampa, FL
I always figured the influx of people at the end was to show Tony's paranoia, because he's going to have to constantly look over his shoulder for the rest of his life and always have to wonder if he's going to catch a bullet from behind, or run afoul of the FBI, or any number of things.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #779328
05/20/14 06:17 PM
05/20/14 06:17 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
That is very plausible. Good find SC.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #785915
06/25/14 12:20 PM
06/25/14 12:20 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
This quote from David Chase comparing the Sopranos ending to Seinfeld's ending is true and pretty funny.

"It's just very difficult to end a series," said Sopranos creator. "For example, 'Seinfeld,' they ended it with them all going to jail. Now that’s the ending we should have had. And they should have had ours, where it blacked out in a diner." - David Chase

You talkin' to me?
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #786358
06/28/14 11:03 AM
06/28/14 11:03 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Here's an interview with Chase about the end that, while still infuriatingly ambiguous, gives a little more credibility to the idea that Tony lived on.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117609/david-chase-speaks-about-last-sopranos-scene-if-tony-dies

is post contains several minor spoilers, not counting an extensive discussion of a scene you have, “irregardless,” already seen.

Following a sold-out screening of the “Sopranos” pilot and finale Wednesday night at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, David Chase, the “Sopranos” capo di tutti capi, inevitably addressed how the show ended. Specifically, chief curator David Schwartz as well as many audience-questioners gamely tried to get Chase to answer the question—does Tony die?—that has provoked a million conversations, at least one strangely compelling 40,000-word Internet essay, and several dismissals from Chase. And Chase offered more of the same: Some sly koans, a decent dose of sarcasm, and no definitive answers.

“Well,” Chase responded to one questioner, “the idea was he would get killed in a diner, or not get killed, or somebody would try to kill him, or there’d be an attack.” He added: “I’m not trying to be coy about this. I really am not. It’s not like we’re trying to guess, ‘Ooh, is he alive or dead?’ It’s really not the point—it’s not the point for me. How do I explain this? Actually, here’s what Paulie Walnuts says in the beginning of that episode. He says, ‘In the midst of life, we are in death. Or is it: in the midst of death, we are in life? Either way, you’re up the ass.’ That’s what’s going on.” The audience applauded. “I didn’t say he’s dead,” Chase clarified at one point.

If you’re anything like the audience Wednesday night, you want more of this, so here you go:

* “I wanted to create a suspenseful sequence, and, no, I didn’t want people to read into it like The Da Vinci Code,” he said. “It wasn’t meant like, ‘Wow, the walrus was Paul.’ I mean, what did that mean?” He added, “It was meant to make you feel. Not to make you think, but to make you feel.”

* Chase searched his coat pockets—he looked slightly haphazard in un-tucked white patterned shirt and gray jacket, those corpse-like cheekbones under mischievous eyes—for a passage by the author Carlos Castañeda that he said he had read recently, and which he felt had summed up what the ending means to him. The passage goes: “Warriors don’t venture into the unknown out of greed. Greed works only in the world of ordinary affairs. To venture into that terrifying loneliness of the unknown, one must have something greater than greed: love.” Chase seemed to be in earnest about this ridiculous passage.

* Was there any resonance, Schwartz wished to know, between Christopher’s murder of the “Czechoslovak” waste-management rival by shooting him in the back of head, in the pilot, and Tony’s ostensible murder from the guy in the Members Only jacket shooting him in the back of the head? Nope. “They always go behind, down in their linguine,” Chase shrugged.

* Chase said: “Maybe the most important shot in the [finale] is Tony looking at the sun at the end, toward the end. He’s leaning on the rake. That to me is the key to the whole concept. And that ties back to the ducks and the bear and life on the planet and him taking peyote and seeing the sun come up. And it’s not all negative at all.”

* “I don’t like easy solutions. But the world is a pretty spectacular, amazing place. Both good and bad.”

* On Meadow trying to parallel-park the car: “I think everybody knows what’s going on there in that scene….They may want a rational, verbal answer, but I think human beings know what’s happening there. I hope. I’m pretty sure.” (Me? I’ve always thought of it as an allusion to one of the show’s most important scenes, between Tony and Meadow, at the end of season three.)

* Chase seemed to confirm one of the key points of those who believe that the ending does depict Tony getting whacked, namely, a pattern identified in which a bell rings, signaling the diner’s door is being opened; then the camera shows Tony looking up; and then the camera assumes Tony’s point-of-view. The fade-to-black comes right when we would have assumed Tony’s point-of-view. The bell, Chase explained, is an allusion to a scene between Tony and Bobby Baccala on a lake, in which a bell also rings. (He didn’t mention that this is the same scene in which Bobby says, “You probably don’t even hear it when it happens,” a line Tony remembers in the penultimate episode and which is basically Exhibit A for those who believe that Tony gets killed.) “I had read that very often in Zen ceremonies they ring a bell like that, and what it’s supposed to do is bring you to the present, to keep bringing you to the now—the right now,” Chase said. And he went on to explain the camera-shooting structure: “It would come somewhere, see the person he was going to talk to, cut back to him, and then cut to him walking into his own point of view.”

* “Maybe he choked on an onion ring, I dunno. No, I’m being facetious. But he could’ve choked on an onion ring.”

I was disappointed by just how much so many seemed to care about five minutes of an approximately 80-hour series. I was also disappointed a little bit by Chase, never more than when he disclosed that he identifies with A.J.—“everybody hates that kid. I never did! He was a sweet little chubby kid. Okay, so he was spoiled. I just thought he was a typical, might even be like a Millennial.” But many artists are smaller than their greatest works. And it would be a very great artist indeed who is not smaller than “The Sopranos.”

I believe that both Chase and some of his fans have breached the artistic contract they had entered into. If Chase wanted his thoroughly narrative show to end on a decidedly un-narrative note, then it would be better simply to refuse to comment rather than to spout pseudo-Buddhist nonsense. (Dr. Melfi: “Your thoughts have a sort of Eastern flavor to them.” Tony: “Well, I’ve lived in Jersey all my life.”) And if his narrative show actually concludes with the final plot point of Tony’s murder, well, there’s no harm in saying that.

At the same time, the angered fan who told Chase Wednesday night, “However you made it turn out I would live with, but I feel like I was cheated from knowing how it turned out,” totally misunderstands the autonomy of works of art. The thing exists! It’s even on YouTube for easy perusal! While not straying from the thing itself, make of it what you want! (Disclosure, but really, just something people should know: New Republic literary editor Leon Wieseltier appears in a “Sopranos” episode.)

There were a few other highlights from Chase’s talk:

* He seemed most gratified to hear that viewers find the series hilarious (which it is) and that the musical choices are impeccable (which they are). Sometimes, he said, the writers would write scenes with specific music in mind. One example? The Tindersticks’ “Tiny Tears” was paired with the failed assassination of Tony in season one:

* The first three seasons of the show feel unusually perfect and self-contained. Chase confirmed that an event that happened before season four had a major impact on him. “I’ve read—it was Emily Nussbaum? Heather Havrilesky?—somebody was doing an overview and said, ‘It was this, it was that, Chase this, Chase that. And then, something in his mind went dark. Chase’s mind went dark.’ Well, yeah. It was 9/11.”

* Chase insisted he had not viewed the pilot since it first aired on HBO 15 years ago in January 1999. “I was floored tonight to see how good he was,” he said of the late, great James Gandolfini.

* I asked Chase what he thinks about TV dramas that have succeeded “The Sopranos” and the recap culture that probably dates to Alan Sepinwall’s “Sopranos” work in The Newark Star-Ledger (e.g., the paper Tony ambled down the driveway to retrieve every morning). Probably betraying my own views, I specifically mentioned “Mad Men,” which is the creation of former “Sopranos” writer Matthew Weiner. Here was Chase’s response:

My personal opinion of “Mad Men” is I think [Weiner]’s done an amazing thing. Without killing people every five minutes. You try writing a show without killing people, fires, stuff like that. He doesn’t do that. I mean a guy got his foot cut off in a lawnmower. I think that show is really special. I really like it….In terms of the recaps—I don’t get it. I don’t know why you would read that stuff. You read what you just saw? That’s one thing. And then picking apart every—it’s like, “I really loved the way Sally Draper walked from the car to the house.” Alright. She walked from the car to the house. “The flip in her step.” Okay. I guarantee you that they just tried to get her from the fucking car.
* Most people who saw the script assumed Chase would shoot the first season around Los Angeles. But he wanted to do it in Jersey. Former HBO head Chris Albrecht agreed, and so the show’s exteriors were shot in north Jersey, while the interiors were done at Silvercup Studios—20 blocks from the Museum of the Moving Image.

* When Chase had to tell actors that their characters were getting offed, he couldn’t help but think of himself like Tony. Al Sapienza, who played Junior’s henchman Mikey Palmice, “really did plead for his life,” Chase said. “The guy who died on the toilet didn’t like it, either,” he added.

Guess what the best part of the evening was? The first two hours, during which the actual episodes were screened! The finale, which I had seen perhaps two or three times, is a little bit rushed and plot-heavy—I was not surprised to learn that Chase had wished he could do one more episode. The pilot, which if I’m being honest I’ve watched a couple dozen times, really is just a very, very special hour. On the big screen, each one of Tony’s pores stood out, and you could read the titles of Dr. Melfi’s books. You notice the introduction of recurring motifs, such as Tony’s justifying savage acts of violence by referring to the victim’s status as a “degenerate fucking gambler.”

“I think the pilot is the series,” Chase observed. “The series is just the recapitulation of the pilot—a longer version of the pilot.” It is true. The very first scene, after all, consists of Tony staring at a mawkish statue of a naked woman in Dr. Melfi’s waiting room. He is in therapy because human beings do things like make statues that have no immediate utilitarian purpose and go to therapy because we aspire to something greater. “A.J.’s trying to figure out what his life is gonna be,” Chase said at one point. “Tony is kind of always figuring out what his death is going to be. Tony’s trying to figure out bigger issues than how you’re going to make money.” As the rest of us figure out bigger issues than how we’re going to make money, we have one advantage over Tony: He didn’t have “The Sopranos.”

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #792276
07/28/14 10:34 AM
07/28/14 10:34 AM
LIVERPOOL UK
maddog Offline
Button
maddog  Offline
Button
LIVERPOOL UK
I believe the writers wanted to kill tony but couldnt because the money men (HBO) wanted to leave it open for a film

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #795051
08/09/14 07:23 PM
08/09/14 07:23 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Great to finally see this explained. Everybody has had their own theories for so long. RIP James Gandolfini.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #795052
08/09/14 07:24 PM
08/09/14 07:24 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
BTW I don't think David Chase had any intention of doing a movie.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #798566
08/27/14 08:35 AM
08/27/14 08:35 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

‘Sopranos’ Creator David Chase Finally Reveals If Tony Soprano Died Or Not In The Finale..

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/sopranos-cr...-in-the-finale/

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: DE NIRO] #798604
08/27/14 11:20 AM
08/27/14 11:20 AM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
The more I think about it, it's a good move by Chase to end it like he did. Seven years later, we're talking about the finale and debating whether Tony was clipped or not. Seven years!

How many TV shows (great and terrible) have come and gone since then? Breaking Bad was still in development when The Sopranos finale aired. The iPhone was still weeks away from release. There was no such thing as an iPad. Twitter was in its infancy. There was no Instagram. Twerking was years away. Look how much this world has changed since the finale, and people still talk about it.

Like it or hate it, at least Chase didn't end the series like St. Elsewhere did. If there ever was a crap ending to a good show, that was it.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #798624
08/27/14 12:03 PM
08/27/14 12:03 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I just loved The Sopranos, but when I saw the finale, I was totally disappointed. rolleyes I think I was probably the only one here on the BB to be so bummed. All the theories of of what happened never did convince me. It was a poorly written (and/or confusing) ending to a fantastic series IMHO. smile

I'm glad Chase answered because I can't imagine he'd have a scenario that made sense to everybody. confused

On a side (sad) note, with Gandolfini's passing, and with the thought that anyone else could even be Tony Soprano, I suppose had Chase said Tony did die, it would be kind of fitting, and put this masterpiece to an end no??

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/27/14 12:22 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #798629
08/27/14 12:13 PM
08/27/14 12:13 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
As i perceived it all along that he wasn't dead, it was too heavily implied and the murky figures were all red herrings i always thought.

Good that Chase finally answered it.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: afriendofours] #798633
08/27/14 12:24 PM
08/27/14 12:24 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: afriendofours
As i perceived it all along that he wasn't dead, it was too heavily implied and the murky figures were all red herrings i always thought.

Good that Chase finally answered it.

Good way to put it, "murky figures, red herrings". Maybe this/maybe that...... confused

I DID love Sunday nights here on the BB tho. The Sopranos thread was on fire, with all of us getting into every detail. Such fun!!! smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #798634
08/27/14 12:26 PM
08/27/14 12:26 PM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
My regret is I didn't find this board until years after the fact.

We used to have good time on alt.tv.sopranos, but that's just degenerated into some spam hellhole.

Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: SC] #798637
08/27/14 12:36 PM
08/27/14 12:36 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
It took me ages to watch The Sopranos, im lazy with movies and tv series these days.

It was only years after i got the box set for one Christmas and i think i watched all the series in about 3 weeks, then stuck them straight on repeat about 50 times over lol.

So much replayability, i can stick them on now and you still pick something up new every time.

Last edited by afriendofours; 08/27/14 12:37 PM.
Re: The Final Episode Explained [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #798640
08/27/14 12:39 PM
08/27/14 12:39 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
My regret is I didn't find this board until years after the fact.

We used to have good time on alt.tv.sopranos, but that's just degenerated into some spam hellhole.

Its_da_Jackeeettttttt,

I didn't have HBO then. A friend at work had the first season (maybe 2) on video and she lent them to me to watch. I was hooked immediately & ordered HBO before the next season started.

Being on the West Coast it aired 3 hours later (or so I thought)on HBO. Every Sunday I'd hold back from going to the Sopranos thread cause I hadn't seen the episode yet. It killed me.

Well, little did I realize that I HAD HBO East Coast as well as West. lol No, the roots are not blonde. lol
Needless to say, I was thrilled to join in the discussions AS the episode aired.

TIS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull