GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 65 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,148
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,795
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Death panels #776443
05/08/14 02:52 PM
05/08/14 02:52 PM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Today I had to go to a Neurologist. As I am getting golder- 72- she told me that her firm (Huge) and their lawyers have done an extensive review of "Obamacare" and that what Sarah Palin said is true- ie: that if you get too old they just want you to die. She said that if you get a major illness like cancer, cardiac problems,they are not allowed to treat you if you are 75 or older. You may not be treated unless you can find a willing Doctor and pay out of your own pocket. There have even already been a couple examples. This may not piss off you young studs, but remember you will be an old timer yourself before you know it. I cannot see supporting any politician who supported this bill.

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776522
05/09/14 03:11 AM
05/09/14 03:11 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Bigboy,

The behavior your describing and what was told to you by the doctor has been going on since there was health insurance. I wouldn't blame the affordable care act for that, if anything this act holds the insurance companies more responsible for there decisions on patient care, they are now required to spend 85% of their income on patient care. I'm not a fan of being forced to buy health insurance or be penalized, and there are problems with this law that hopefully will be worked out soon, but I think we are moving in the right direction. The insurance companies don't want to pay and they intimidate and provide inducements to physicians to minimize the care provided and expenses involved.

Re: Death panels [Re: NNY78] #776532
05/09/14 05:00 AM
05/09/14 05:00 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NNY78
Bigboy,

The behavior your describing and what was told to you by the doctor has been going on since there was health insurance. I wouldn't blame the affordable care act for that, if anything this act holds the insurance companies more responsible for there decisions on patient care, they are now required to spend 85% of their income on patient care. I'm not a fan of being forced to buy health insurance or be penalized, and there are problems with this law that hopefully will be worked out soon, but I think we are moving in the right direction. The insurance companies don't want to pay and they intimidate and provide inducements to physicians to minimize the care provided and expenses involved.

The point is they said about Obama care there was no death panels just another lie.

big boy I am 74 I hope in your head you think like a 20 yr old. It keeps you feeling young and more in control. No one wants to hear what is wrong with us physically.

In fact I hate going out with my wife's friends at her school reunions. I hear about how many pills they take a day. Go out no one fights over picking up the check. They talk about dividing the bill 7 ways and what percentage to tip. To me they are really old.

There afraid of everything now. Is their social security going down. The crazy thing is two of her friends were highly decorated heros in the Vietnam war.

One has an on line book about him and his group. But those days are gone brother.

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776539
05/09/14 05:39 AM
05/09/14 05:39 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
BigB so what is it with you a hearing problem, a balance problem or a vision problem?

If it is a hearing problem I am guessing you are fighting a lot less with your wife. My wife says something I can't hear it and just say yes sure. We never argue anymore. I thank my hearing loss for that.

Balance problem at times I have that. Then I call up the kids and ask them the heavy stuff for me because of my balance problem.

vision problem I take off my glasses and go to sleep

I bet you have short term memory loss most of us do.

Here is a song about it.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSaoN2LdfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: Footreads] #776551
05/09/14 06:52 AM
05/09/14 06:52 AM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
BigB so what is it with you a hearing problem, a balance problem or a vision problem?

If it is a hearing problem I am guessing you are fighting a lot less with your wife. My wife says something I can't hear it and just say yes sure. We never argue anymore. I thank my hearing loss for that.

Balance problem at times I have that. Then I call up the kids and ask them the heavy stuff for me because of my balance problem.
Footreads- Well, I do have hearing loss from my time in the Infantry but that is not why I was there. I had been having mini strokes. Apparently only one was a mini stroke and the rest was from having open heart surgery last year. I know what you mean about old people. I try to avoid them. It's almost like a competition as to who had the most surgeries, who takes the most pills and who has the worst pain. I try to hang with people a lot younger

vision problem I take off my glasses and go to sleep

I bet you have short term memory loss most of us do.

Here is a song about it.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSaoN2LdfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776554
05/09/14 07:05 AM
05/09/14 07:05 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
A little known clause of the AHCA Death Panel provision allows anyone to send the Panel the name of anyone that they think is hogging too much medical treatment. Just go to Healthcare.gov, click on the skull and crossbones icon and then click on the skull and crossbones icon that has the little pig in it.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Death panels [Re: olivant] #776555
05/09/14 07:12 AM
05/09/14 07:12 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
A little known clause of the AHCA Death Panel provision allows anyone to send the Panel the name of anyone that they think is hogging too much medical treatment. Just go to Healthcare.gov, click on the skull and crossbones icon and then click on the skull and crossbones icon that has the little pig in it.

lol lol

All kidding aside. But hypochondriacs, who show up at their doctor's office for every little hangnail, and turn in an Aetna claim, are partially to blame for the healthcare crisis in this country wink .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Death panels [Re: pizzaboy] #776657
05/09/14 02:42 PM
05/09/14 02:42 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Hey close out the death panel stuff, and all the Obamacare stuff. Now that it is a success the right wingholes have moved on to Benghazi.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Death panels [Re: pizzaboy] #776658
05/09/14 03:22 PM
05/09/14 03:22 PM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss

All kidding aside. But hypochondriacs, who show up at their doctor's office for every little hangnail, and turn in an Aetna claim, are partially to blame for the healthcare crisis in this country wink . [/quote]This is all too true. People go to the ER with the sniffles because they know that they cannot be turned away. My wife broke her hip and we got to the ER around6:00PM and got out the next AM around 7:00A. THe ER was wall to wall people who sat around joking and playing with their cell phones and walking outside for a smoke.Yes the present system is fucked up and there do need to be changes and I am not smart enough to solver the problem but it can be done. Maybe doctors rather than politicians could think of something.

Re: Death panels [Re: dontomasso] #776660
05/09/14 03:36 PM
05/09/14 03:36 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Hey close out the death panel stuff, and all the Obamacare stuff. Now that it is a success the right wingholes have moved on to Benghazi.

How is it a success how many relatively healthy people actually paid their premiums to be in it so far? They have to do that for it to be a success. How many people in general actually paid a premium to be in it?

Tell me millions with proof then I will tell you it is a success. How many people who already had health insurance lost it because of crazy little things added into Obama care after it was passed?

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776661
05/09/14 03:38 PM
05/09/14 03:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bigboy
This is all too true. People go to the ER with the sniffles because they know that they cannot be turned away. My wife broke her hip and we got to the ER around6:00PM and got out the next AM around 7:00A. THe ER was wall to wall people who sat around joking and playing with their cell phones and walking outside for a smoke.Yes the present system is fucked up and there do need to be changes and I am not smart enough to solver the problem but it can be done. Maybe doctors rather than politicians could think of something.

That's the EXACT scenario I was talking about, Big Boy.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776662
05/09/14 03:42 PM
05/09/14 03:42 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

All kidding aside. But hypochondriacs, who show up at their doctor's office for every little hangnail, and turn in an Aetna claim, are partially to blame for the healthcare crisis in this country wink .
This is all too true. People go to the ER with the sniffles because they know that they cannot be turned away. My wife broke her hip and we got to the ER around6:00PM and got out the next AM around 7:00A. THe ER was wall to wall people who sat around joking and playing with their cell phones and walking outside for a smoke.Yes the present system is fucked up and there do need to be changes and I am not smart enough to solver the problem but it can be done. Maybe doctors rather than
politicians could think of something. [/quote]

I don't know about you I hate going to the doctor. People with sniffles go to ER. Have any idea how long you have to wait in the ER if you are not an emergency smile can't be serious man. If my wife broke her hip I would make sure they saw her right away. The hospital would need their security to stop me from bringing her in the treatment room.

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: dontomasso] #776664
05/09/14 04:05 PM
05/09/14 04:05 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

The four guys killed at Benghazi were alive for many hours before they were killed. Where was their help? I thought we try to leave no one behind. Now there dead we have a good idea who done it what they look like, and where they are. Have we killed any of them yet?

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776721
05/10/14 04:00 AM
05/10/14 04:00 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Did you all meet at the Job's Comforter Symposium?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Death panels [Re: Footreads] #776752
05/10/14 07:08 AM
05/10/14 07:08 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The four guys killed at Benghazi were alive for many hours before they were killed. Where was their help? I thought we try to leave no one behind. Now there dead we have a good idea who done it what they look like, and where they are. Have we killed any of them yet?

What about the 3,000 plus on 9/11/01? Talk about an intelligence meltdown.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776754
05/10/14 07:15 AM
05/10/14 07:15 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I knew a few people who died in those buildings. Someone close to me worked there she goes in late. Found out the first building was hit while she was on her way to work.

Remember how sad the Muslems were in NYC and New Jersey when they heard about it? Sure they are all just like us aren't they?

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776762
05/10/14 08:29 AM
05/10/14 08:29 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
If you don't think our government will do this now that they control our healthcare I think you are just too naive. It's coming. If we kill off our vets what do you think those that have never helped America will fare?

pizza and bigboy you nailed it. I went one time with a breathing condition as I thought I had pneumonia again. Had to wait over 3 hours before they would even see me just to patch up a dumb fucking fat kid because he was too stupid to know the firecracker was NOT supposed to be in his hand when it went off. Then you have those that get a pain in their leg and want 120 Percocets as well.

Re: Death panels [Re: dixiemafia] #776765
05/10/14 08:36 AM
05/10/14 08:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Then you have those that get a pain in their leg and want 120 Percocets as well.

That's another thread in itself. Pill mills, pain clinics, emergency room visits. Billion dollar business. It's crazy.

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776766
05/10/14 08:42 AM
05/10/14 08:42 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
God, I hate to side with him, but maybe he was retarded and thought it was a sparkler.

On the other hand maybe he did not know when you have a thicker fuse explosive you have to take the end of the fuse, and run it over the pavement a few times so it takes longer to go off.

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: Footreads] #776929
05/11/14 10:45 AM
05/11/14 10:45 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
God, I hate to side with him
Don't we all. (wrong thread btw hehehe)

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776939
05/11/14 11:05 AM
05/11/14 11:05 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Actually I don't think a death panel is a big deal. You old you lived your life. let younger people have a chance to become old.

You know why being old sucks. My family and I were supposed to go out for mothers day. I am not a mother. I gave my wife a nice ring for mothers day.

We got our two grand children gifts for their mothers. One of my grand daughters was going to the restraunt with us. The other is still only 2 months old. My wife was hopping she would be there because it has been two weeks since she has seen her.

My son said no so his wife can enjoy mothers day without having to take care of her. Some mother they have help all week long.

Any way I told my daughter to hint to her brother to go over there house for desert so my wife can see the baby.

My daughter must be on the rag because she went nuts. Which made me go nuts that is not hard to do

I told them all I am not going. Going to stay at home instead and have a scilian pie and relax I am not a mother.

Well one thing led to another. Finally I had enough too old to put up with all their shit.

Went even crazier. That started all of them against each other and against me.

So my son cancelled it. I don't really give a F what they or he does.

Last edited by Footreads; 05/11/14 11:09 AM.

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #776964
05/11/14 02:39 PM
05/11/14 02:39 PM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
My impression is that there won't be an actual panel who sits and makes a judgment call on each patient. Rather, I think it is just part of the law which forbids doctors from treating people over 75 unless they can pay out of their own pocket- which few of us can ever afford. As someone once said- "When you control their healthcare, you control them" All of this "Free healthcare" at the hospital isn't really free as the costs are passed down to you and me. We also need tort reform

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777007
05/11/14 07:20 PM
05/11/14 07:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
My mother is 87 and was recently in an auto accident. She was taken to the ER and received the same treatment that a younger person would have - a CT scan, X-Rays, EKG, etc. She was also kept overnight for observation. I didn't get the feeling they were holding back any care because she was over 75.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777140
05/12/14 09:51 AM
05/12/14 09:51 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
There is a little known provision of the AHCA and the Patriot Act that allows federal agents to monitor bulletin boards such as this one and track down those who disparage the AHCA. Such persons are then denied medical treatment (regardless of age).

Oh, I almost forgot. Another provision requires that board members report such persons. If they don't, they end up being the last ones treated at an ER.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777358
05/13/14 08:35 AM
05/13/14 08:35 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Scilian it's for things like transplants.

The things you mentioned are not high cost.

When my mother got sick she was actually happy. She wanted to be with her husband the wife beater. I kind of wanted to keep her around despite of it.

They had good doctors he where we moved to. But she had to go to her doctor in upper manhattan. He put her into whore house they call a hospital where he was.

Remember the movie fame. When the teacher husband was sick stiller's wife was the teacher. That was a terrible hospital it's long gone now.

Then the doctor she had to have. Goes on vacation. The doctors in the hospital did not even know she was a diabetic.

I went to visit her in her room early. I found her dead rapped up in some thing that looked like cellophane after her Gall bladder operation

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777502
05/13/14 04:14 PM
05/13/14 04:14 PM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Sicilian, The Neurologist who told me about this- which got this whole subject going also had a number of patients in her waiting room who appeared to be well over 75. This applies to big dollar illnesses. I had chemotherapy 8 times with each one costing $52000 + - I also had a heart valve replacement- again over $50,000. Thank God I had Insurance

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777528
05/13/14 05:44 PM
05/13/14 05:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Sicilian, The Neurologist who told me about this- which got this whole subject going also had a number of patients in her waiting room who appeared to be well over 75. This applies to big dollar illnesses. I had chemotherapy 8 times with each one costing $52000 + - I also had a heart valve replacement- again over $50,000. Thank God I had Insurance

Those costs are mind-boggling.You're almost better off on Medicaid. Of course you have to be pretty much destitute to qualify, so there's that frown.

Re: Death panels [Re: pizzaboy] #777608
05/14/14 07:06 AM
05/14/14 07:06 AM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Those costs are mind-boggling.You're almost better off on Medicaid. Of course you have to be pretty much destitute to qualify, so there's that frown.

Pizza, I was so lucky I have Medicare and Aetna which paid most of it. No normal person could afford these costs. According to Megyn Kelly, most of the bill was authored by Rahm Emanuels brother.

Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777614
05/14/14 07:22 AM
05/14/14 07:22 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Megyn Kelly that is a hot women

only the unloved hate
Re: Death panels [Re: bigboy] #777625
05/14/14 07:37 AM
05/14/14 07:37 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I had to go in the hospital the last time was 2 years ago. I had a hole in my foot that won't heel because of diabetis. If bacteria gets in it my temperature goes up over 104. I get the chills like it is winter time even in a summer day. I hallucinate can't control my pissing. It's called cellulitis it is also hard to diagnosed in an ER.

I had it 6 times the doctor in charge of infectures diseases finally figured out what I had. So once they diagnose it I go on intravenies meds for a week and when they tell me I can go on pills. I am out of there the minute after they tell me.

I don't wait for my doctor to release me I just pull out the IV and I am gone. I call a cab and go home. Once I left in Bermuda shorts in the winter time.

Those bills everything averages about 60 thousand or more. I have to pay about 5000 out of pocket.

Thankfully my foot has healed. So I don't worry about it happening any more. The insurance does not cover all of it to the hospital. They have to take what the insurances covers for some reason.

So even with insurance and out of pocket money I give them. The hospitals and doctors lisenabout 30 thousand or more for my stays there

only the unloved hate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull