GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 280 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,823
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #794138
08/05/14 08:03 AM
08/05/14 08:03 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I would like to explain a few things to our American friends.

Until the arrival of television, was more spoken the dialect, that the Italian because Italy was still an agricultural country. In 1961 there was a television program that was called Non è mai troppo tardi (it's never too late) which taught to read and write in Italian.

the hate and prejudice against all southerners, was born after the unification of Italy in 1861, when the kingdom of Sardinia annettete the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, then all industries in the south were destroyed, and there was a pervasive misery.

so was born the myth of southern born criminal

"It is to the African and Oriental elements and (excepts the Greeks), that Italy must fundamentally, the greater frequency of murders in Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia, where the lowest is where predominated the Nordic races (Lombardia)." so Cesare Lombroso wrote in his main work, The Man delinquent in 1876.
"Italy is composed of two dissimilar races , with physical and psychological character entirely different; one of these races populate the north and the center, the other the south and the islands. "
So wrote, however, the Sicilian Alfredo Niceforo in 1898.

then the prejudice has always been against all southerners.

Now over time it is likely that people of Naples insults those of Palermo. But it is indifferent and those who say that Sicily was invaded and raped by several people, I want to say is that was the whole Italy.

As an example, when I went on summer study holidays , I saw some Calabrians that teased the Sicilians saying that the cartel "Welcome to Italy" stay at a villa san giovanni, while in messina there is a cartel "Welcome to Africa".

I could do other examples, but I hope I was clear, just because some asshole insults a sicilian, doesn't mean that all the Italians hate Sicilians.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 08/05/14 08:07 AM.
Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: furio_from_naples] #794444
08/06/14 01:27 PM
08/06/14 01:27 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

As an example, when I went on summer study holidays , I saw some Calabrians that teased the Sicilians saying that the cartel "Welcome to Italy" stay at a villa san giovanni, while in messina there is a cartel "Welcome to Africa".

I could do other examples, but I hope I was clear, just because some asshole insults a sicilian, doesn't mean that all the Italians hate Sicilians.

Actually they did not hate Sicilians or other Italians. What they do not like is how the Italian government allows a lot of illegal immigrants from Africa who go to the island of Lampedusa, and then to Sicily to mainland Italy.

The illegal immigrants are given free food and housing by the Italian government while a lot of Italians are starving or homeless because of the high unemployment rate. A lot of Italians are not happy about how their country joined the European union as it caused a lot of problems both in the economy and in other ways.

Southern Italians do not hate on other Southern Italians.

But you will see a lot of Northern Italians who hate on Southern Italians. They will claim that they steal jobs, are criminals, etc.

There's even a political party that is all for Northern and Central Italy succeeding from Italy and becoming separate countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_League_(Italy)

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-immigrants-land-italy-215419829.html

But like what's happening with the illegal immigrants in Italy, this is also happening here in the United States and our government seems to be supporting it when we have lots of people who are homeless (or close to it), without food, and struggling to survive. I'm all for helping people but I think that countries should help their own people or citizens first before just giving away millions of dollars or euros to help people who have entered a country illegally.

Last edited by DoctorTwink; 08/06/14 01:46 PM.
Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #794514
08/07/14 03:53 AM
08/07/14 03:53 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
We Italians should remember when went with the ships in america and south america. And anyway drtwink many immigrants fleeing the hunger and war and many of them have family in other countries in Europe and landed in Italy because it is in the middle of the Mediterranean and the country nearest, where escape.
Would be enough to recognize them, call the families and give them the opportunity to meet with them.

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: furio_from_naples] #794961
08/09/14 06:43 AM
08/09/14 06:43 AM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
We Italians should remember when went with the ships in america and south america. And anyway drtwink many immigrants fleeing the hunger and war and many of them have family in other countries in Europe and landed in Italy because it is in the middle of the Mediterranean and the country nearest, where escape.
Would be enough to recognize them, call the families and give them the opportunity to meet with them.

Furio these are illegal immigrants.

What they are doing is not the same as Italian people have done and still do. When an Italian person immigrated to the United States, Canada, or a South American country they did so legally, had a job lined up, had a sponsor or family member already here or going with them, were going to become a citizen of the United States, Canada, or a South American country, or they were going to go back to Italy.

You could not just show up in the United States, Canada, or a South American country then and expect them to let you in. They also would make immigrants pay money or earn money to pay for their trip and entering into a new country, go through medical exams, basic intelligence tests, and they made immigrants answer questions about themselves and why they were going to the United States, Canada, or a South American country like Argentina.

People who are illegal immigrants who go to Italy or the United States do not want to become citizens, and most just want to get free benefits via the governments of these countries.

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #795082
08/09/14 10:33 PM
08/09/14 10:33 PM
S
sbhc Offline
Made Member
sbhc  Offline
S
Made Member
They view them as Peasants, bad land poor farmers, brown eyes, olive complexion, dark hair. Where do you think the guinea slur sprang from?

The northeners used to jibe that they were half africans. Considering the history of Sicily there may well be some of that blood in them.

Last edited by sbhc; 08/09/14 10:35 PM.
Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: DoctorTwink] #795093
08/10/14 02:24 AM
08/10/14 02:24 AM
L
lefty_two_guns Offline
Button
lefty_two_guns  Offline
L
Button
Actually it would have been big business that benefited from the european movement as it is a capitalist enterprise based on the exapansion of markets. Organised crime would have benefited from this as would any other large business within the state joining the european union. It then disempowers union labour with constant under cutting of wages with a new labour source as the working class see all the positives go to rich and there is nothing for them but to demonised. This is happening in every advanced coutry at the moment. But lets be clear the Mafia in any form would have made alot of money from this more building more cement!

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #795219
08/11/14 05:32 AM
08/11/14 05:32 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Heading over to carmines this week in times square. Any recs?

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #795222
08/11/14 06:09 AM
08/11/14 06:09 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Or if anyone has any other places near times square are good for a date and reasonable let me hear it

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #795223
08/11/14 06:22 AM
08/11/14 06:22 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Wups wrong thread

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: sbhc] #795329
08/11/14 03:18 PM
08/11/14 03:18 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: sbhc
They view them as Peasants, bad land poor farmers, brown eyes, olive complexion, dark hair. Where do you think the guinea slur sprang from?

The northeners used to jibe that they were half africans. Considering the history of Sicily there may well be some of that blood in them.

That's a myth that Sicilians and people from other Southern Italian regions are "black" or are "African".

The hatred from the North of Italy to the South of Italy still goes on to this day in Italian society, and politics.

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: DoctorTwink] #795368
08/11/14 05:08 PM
08/11/14 05:08 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: DoctorTwink
Originally Posted By: sbhc

That's a myth that Sicilians and people from other Southern Italian regions are "black" or are "African".

The hatred from the North of Italy to the South of Italy still goes on to this day in Italian society, and politics.

yes thats a myth, but its true that 5% of the "online italians" are actually filthy mexicans.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: carmela] #817776
12/08/14 02:01 PM
12/08/14 02:01 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: carmela
This is ridiculous. Italians do not hate sicilians and vice versa. I've been in Sicily plenty times in August when mainlanders come down to vacation in Sicily. There is no animosity.

What I have seen, is Sicilians coming over to the US, and sticking with their own kind. And by their own kind, I mean other immigrants, not sicilian-americans.
They don't trust anyone as a rule, though. Not even each other.

Where do you come up with these lies and BS, like "Sicilians don't trust anyone! Not even each other!" and you would have to be blind to to know that many Northern Italians in Italy do hate Southern Italians; but this is all coming from a mafia fangirl like you. lol

Re: Why do mainland Italians hate Sicilians? [Re: DoctorTwink] #817778
12/08/14 02:17 PM
12/08/14 02:17 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: DoctorTwink
Where do you come up with these lies and BS, like "Sicilians don't trust anyone! Not even each other!" and you would have to be blind to to know that many Northern Italians in Italy do hate Southern Italians; but this is all coming from a mafia fangirl like you. lol

Your puppy love and fascination with carmela is wearing really thin already. Stop this stalking now.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull