GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, Toodoped), 237 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,393
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced #774709
04/29/14 06:40 AM
04/29/14 06:40 AM
A
azguy Offline OP
Underboss
azguy  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Seems harsh IMHO, 28 years. I never heard who testified against him or what evidence they had. I certainly didn't hear the Salemme or Duluca or anyone past associate testified against him. I thought he'd get 10-12 years just from the lack of first hand evidence.

Impassioned letters of support from Idahoans who knew on-the-lam Boston hit man Enrico M. Ponzo as a doting father, cattle rancher and neighborhood activist failed to convince a federal court judge to spare Ponzo 28 years behind bars for his role in two botched mob hits and other crimes.

“He was known as Mr. Mom, because you never saw him without his children,” wrote Marilyn Diaz, a neighbor of Ponzo’s in Marsing, Idaho, where he was known as Jay Shaw. “From what I know and have seen of him and his interactions with the community I believe he has rehabilitated himself and would not have a problem with him returning to this area and in fact being a neighbor again.”

U.S. District Court Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton sentenced Ponzo to 28 years — less than the 40 requested by prosecutors — with three years of supervised release, after administering a tongue-lashing to Ponzo, 45, for his role in the 1989 attempted murder of New England mob boss Francis P. Salemme and the 1994 attempted murder of Joseph Cirame, both of whom were shot and seriously injured.

“You can run, but ultimately you can’t hide from your sordid past in organized crime,” Gorton said, noting Ponzo was part of a mob faction that “imposed a reign of terror on the city of Boston.”

Gorton added, “You were no better than today’s terrorists in the Middle East or the fascist dictators of the past century. … You are the personification of a career criminal.”

In his November trial, Ponzo was found guilty of two attempted murder counts, racketeering conspiracy, conspiracy to distribute cocaine and marijuana, conspiracy to use extortionate means to collect a debt, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, money laundering and attempted witness tampering.

U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz said, “This case should send a clear message that we take seriously our commitment to hold violent criminals accountable for their actions, even after many years on the run. The severity of today’s sentence reflects the seriousness of his actions and I believe that it adequately addresses the violent nature of his crimes.”

Ponzo acted as his own attorney during his sentencing hearing, pleading more than 60 objections and bringing proceedings to a halt several times as he sifted through documents he lugged in a box into the courtroom. He cited the support letters from Idaho neighbors, and his role as a homeowners association manager who fought the local water district for restricting supply to his subdivision.

“Everybody talked about my selfless dedication to the community,” Ponzo told Gorton.

Last edited by azguy; 04/29/14 06:41 AM.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774718
04/29/14 07:44 AM
04/29/14 07:44 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Gorton added, “You were no better than today’s terrorists in the Middle East or the fascist dictators of the past century. … You are the personification of a career criminal.”

All credibility went out the window with that statement.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774724
04/29/14 08:02 AM
04/29/14 08:02 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Damn a whole lot of time.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: TommyGambino] #774726
04/29/14 08:04 AM
04/29/14 08:04 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

All of Ponzo's credibility went out the window when he elected to defend himself. When will these numbskull's learn? And I don't care if he rescued a kitten in a tree in Idaho. This guy was a real scumbag back in the day and he's paying now what he should have paid then.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: mike68] #774728
04/29/14 08:11 AM
04/29/14 08:11 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mike68

All of Ponzo's credibility went out the window when he elected to defend himself. When will these numbskull's learn? And I don't care if he rescued a kitten in a tree in Idaho. This guy was a real scumbag back in the day and he's paying now what he should have paid then.

Nothing to do with what i just said, comparing him to a fascist dictator and terrorist is absurd.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774737
04/29/14 08:42 AM
04/29/14 08:42 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
How I hate when people act like they're the most perfect people in the world, putting down others.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774753
04/29/14 09:57 AM
04/29/14 09:57 AM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Who is the guy in the topic???

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774759
04/29/14 10:37 AM
04/29/14 10:37 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

he gave the guns to some kids in the mid 80tys who murder 2 other kids if I remember rite, in a park in the northend. that must have come in play or was in the minds of the d.a.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774795
04/29/14 02:27 PM
04/29/14 02:27 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

dam so they used the old boston/philly merlino capo bobby luisi jr to testify at this trial I wish there was more coverage on this trial didn't know ponzo defended himself dumb ass. luisi was such a screw up turncoat they didn't use him against merlino and dumped he flip his case and got put I guess hes around boston im sure. luisi was as soft as papers made him out to be he just wanted his button really bad and merlino seen him as a money maker he was. if his dad and brother didn't get killed they all be made today in boston guess that's the way the game goes. wonder what the feds had on him to testify against ponzo when they already threw him out the program in 2000 and he got 20yrs but flipped his case on appeal. big ron previte set him up good, merlino falt again. I think it was some kind of entrapment or bad fruit by the feds that got swept under the rug. won of the guys who flipped against gigi and got time serves back then got busted running a big kind bud operation from cali to boston couple yrs ago. a leopad doesn't change its spots. luisi was running a card game in boston gambling and drugs he probably was kkicking up to both salemmi and merlino. he had that old guy gentile in his crew who they busted in ct last yr think he had the artwork from the museum or knew something.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774807
04/29/14 03:35 PM
04/29/14 03:35 PM
MASS.
paddy78 Offline
Made Member
paddy78  Offline
Made Member
MASS.
its crazy, the philly boston connecton runs deep, were alot alike

Southie
(South Boston, Mass) my home town!!

Here to learn,lecture and have fun.
Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: mike68] #774818
04/29/14 05:12 PM
04/29/14 05:12 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mike68

are u kidding me? He was a real scumbag? He was just like a terrorist? That was a good comparison to you? Why because he tried to kill Frank Salemme? Lol Frank seems like a real sweetheart how dare he. 28 years is ludicrous just like your comments.

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774915
04/30/14 11:02 AM
04/30/14 11:02 AM
S
skippy Offline
Associate
skippy  Offline
S
Associate
does anyone know who else testified against ponzo, other than this guy luisi? any way to find out. this shit happened a long time ago. who is left?

Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774947
04/30/14 02:10 PM
04/30/14 02:10 PM
A
azguy Offline OP
Underboss
azguy  Offline OP
A
Underboss
It's actually quite interesting that there was virtually zero trial coverage.

I'm from Boston now living in AZ and read the Globe and Herald on-line everyday and the coverage started with "the trial started today" and ended with his conviction.

I never heard or read about anyone testifying against him especially Salemme that he is accused of shooting and

*Racketeering conspiracy

*Conspiracy to distribute cocaine and marijuana

*Conspiracy to use extortionate means to collect a debt

*Money laundering and attempted witness tampering

Where's the proof of all that, someone must have testified against him, wire taps, etc......??

Last edited by azguy; 04/30/14 02:11 PM.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Enrico M. Ponzo Sentenced [Re: azguy] #774951
04/30/14 02:33 PM
04/30/14 02:33 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
When I was in therw ith him he was in the evidene room where you can listen and read all the wiretaps and whatever the u.s. has on you. He had alot of shit I mean 10's of thousands of not only wiretaps but transcripts and etc. He told me personally that Spisak, and the other three rats was going to rat on him. Who besides that was Luisi and guess who ??? Yes the unthinkable Leonetti Why? IDK but that was from Rico's own mouth. They had what sean cote said before he OD'D, Their evidence, His voice on wire, the rats which had heavy participation throughout the war and the convictioins of the other co defendants which makes it harder to beat unless you are not involved as much or little to none involvement. Rico sold drugs and some of the users sooperated, he def extorted and tried to extort which some extorties admitted,... I dont want to see him go to jail for a day because I know him and like him but they have proof. The coverage was horrible ...If I didnt know who I know and from where I am from I wouldnt know shit....With that said I wish he did beat it but that whole case and people involved was to sloppy almost like a street gang the way things was happening and the crazy thing, they has experienced knoweldgable people who knew better and couldve actually had a real war as far as organized, sanctions and profecciency . It was pretty sloppy. The feds did like they always do ..Bugs rats wiretaps and they dont need much but a jury from rich towns like wellesly, Duxbury lexignton and Belmont and a easy conviction for the U.S. attorney. Sorry because I hate the feds and law enforcement but it wasnt that hard for them in this one.. And I hate to admit that at all..

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull