GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,391
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1984 Bufalino Family Members #771366
04/03/14 08:03 PM
04/03/14 08:03 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline OP
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
The Russell Bufalino Family territory encompasses Northeastern Penn, the Southeastern part of New York State, including Utica, Binghamton,Syracuse and Albany, North NJ, and to some extent NYC. The Family also has interests in South Florida and Ontario, Canada. The Bufalino Family is engaged in criminal pursuits that include loansharking, labor racketeering, gambling, and public corruption. BOSS: Russell Bufalino, Kingston,Penn(Born October 29, 1903 in Sicily)..... UNDERBOSS: Edward Sciandra, Bellmore NY(Born November 13, 1912. Sciandra is in charge of legal and illegal NYC ventures for Bufalino);.... CONSIGLIERI: Remo Allio,Endwell NY(Born July 4, 1922. An attorney, Allio has been identified as handling finacial and legal affairs for the family in upstate NY) CAPO'S: Phillip T. Medico, West Pittston(Born September 20, 1914. Medico exerts influence on the business empire of Medico Industries. Three of the five Medico brothers have been members of the Bufalino Crime Group.);.... Anthony F. Guarnieri, Endicott, NY and Stuart Florida(Born May 1, 1910.He moved to Florida to handle business ventures for the Bufalino Crime Family in that state. Since Bufalino was jailed, Guarnieri meets with family members at Medico Industries.);.... James Osticco, Pittston(Born April 22, 1913. Employed by Medico Industries for a number of years, he is alleged to have arranged to deliver to Frank Sheeran and Charles Allen the dynamite to be used to blow up an electrical unit at the Sheraton Hotel, near Smyrna Delaware, under instructions from Bufalino);.... Joseph Falcone, Utica NY and Miami, Florida(Born January 27, 1902. Falcone attended the 1957 Apalachin meeting at Joseph Barbara Sr's home. He and his brother, Salvatore operated the largest bootlegging operation in upstate NY)....
SOLDIER's: Dominic Alaimo, Pittston(Born January 28, 1910. Formerly a business partner of family members and a business owner. His former activities include labor racketeering. Alaimo attended the famous Apalachian meeting.);.... Salvatore Aleccia, Endwell NY(Born October 15, 1914. In 1973 Aleccia was arrested with Bufalino, Guarnieri and 13 others on charges of conspiracy and extortion. The group tried to eliminate competitors of Aleccia's vending company. 7 were acquitted);... Angelo Bufalino, Pittston(Born December 21, 1930. He was recently on trial for federal charges involving sports bribery but was acquitted.);.... Frank Cannone, NYC(Born April 8, 1931. Cannone's chief illegal activities are bookmaking, gambling, and loansharking.);.... Joseph Costanzo, Philly(Born Febuary 16, 1898. Costanzo, one of the oldest of the family members, he is retired.);.... William D'Elia(RAT), Hughestown Penn(Born June 24, 1946. D'Elia served as a bodyguard for Bufalino);.... Anthony DeStefano, Fulton NY(Born March 4, 1911.);.... Charles D. Fratello/Charles D. Bello, BK NY(Born August 31, 1941 or 1942. He has benn arrested on gambling and narcotics charges.);.... Casper Guimento, Dunnmore Penn(Born September 15, 1912. He has been Bufalino's driver, companion and confidant.);.... Michael Insalaco, Easton Penn(Born April 24, 1936. He was affiliated with Mercury Tours Along with members Frank S. Cannone and Angelo Son);.... Aldo Magnelli, Harrisburg Penn(Born June 6, 1909. Magnelli has been associated with Matthew Whittaker, of Pottsville and Joseph Scalleat.);.... Louis Marconi, Endville NY(Born March 29, 1910. Marconi has been identified as possibly a new capo in the Bufalino Crime Family);.... William Meringola, Geneva NY(Born September 29, 1925. Meringola is suspected of being involved in truck hijackings.);.... Anthony J. Mosco, Endicott NY(Born June 12, 1942. he was indicted in 1976 for extortion but was found not guilty.); Angelo Parrino, Pittston;.... Augustine Riolo, Vestal NY(Born June 3, 1917.);.... Samuel Rotella, Endwell NY(Born August 11, 1922.);.... Anthony Santacroce JR, Endicott NY(Born August 9, 1931. He was arrested in 1974 on gambling charges. The charges were dismissed in 1975.);.... Joseph M. Saraceno, West Pittson(Born March 11, 1924. Saraceno is a teacher in the wyoming Area School District.); Albert Scalleat, Hazelton Penn(Born Febuary 16, 1920. Scalleat was involved in several business through his wife and son. Brother of Joseph Scalleat Sr.);.... Joseph Scalleat, Hazelton Penn(Born October 18, 1911. Active in the Harrisburg political scene, he hid Jack Parisi, who belonged to Murder Inc., from the police in 1939 when he was wanted in connection with two NY murders. Brother of Albert.);.... Charles G. Schifano Pittston(Born October 13, 1913. Schifano is a former employee of Pagnotti Enterprises whose principals were involved in a number of coal price fixing schemes.);.... Angelo Sciandra, Pittston(Born November 26, 1923. Identified as a union strong arm in the dress manufacturing industry, he attended the 1957 Apalachian meeting.);.... Samuel DeBella, Pittston(Born September 15, 1918.);.... Steven Latorre, Jenkins Township Penn(Born March 11, 1886. He is the oldest member of the Bufalino Family.);.... James Patti, Hollywood Florida;.... Angelo Son, Wyoming Penn(Born April 19, 1918. Indicted in 1979 along with other Bufalino Family members on charges of race fixing, he has recently been an emerging figure in the family. The charges were dropped in 1980. Son holds a degree in electrical engineering from Lehigh University. Sources have said that Son traveled to NYC monthly to meet with Bufalino at Vesuvio's Restaurant. Numerous calls have also been made to Son's residence and place of work from the Consulate Hotel in NYC where Bufalino maintained an apartment.);.... Angelo J. Parrino, Pittston Penn(Born March 13, 1909.).... If you find that there is errors or want to share something please feel free to post. Thanks

Last edited by njcapo35; 04/03/14 11:16 PM.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: 1984 Bufalino Family Members [Re: njcapo35] #771374
04/03/14 08:51 PM
04/03/14 08:51 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
I actually saw this when it came out and a lot of us had a good laugh at the feds expense for listing Utica and Syracuse as Buffalino territory and Joe Falcone who was a Buffalo capo and at one time an acting underboss as a Buffalno member
Just goes to show you how reliable the feds are

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: 1984 Bufalino Family Members [Re: njcapo35] #771378
04/03/14 09:04 PM
04/03/14 09:04 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Originally Posted By: TheArm
I actually saw this when it came out and a lot of us had a good laugh at the feds expense for listing Utica and Syracuse as Buffalino territory and Joe Falcone who was a Buffalo capo and at one time an acting underboss as a Buffalno member
Just goes to show you how reliable the feds are
So is this list a lot of BS or what?

No, not entirely
The errors are the ones I pointed out, plus DeStefano, was a buffalo guy who had close ties to Pittston, also Buffalo always controlled Endicott/Middletown, although there were Buffalino guys who operated there
The rest looks about right

Been there and done it
Re: 1984 Bufalino Family Members [Re: njcapo35] #771424
04/04/14 06:26 AM
04/04/14 06:26 AM
F
faffy444 Offline
Made Member
faffy444  Offline
F
Made Member
Arm,

as i understood it years ago joe barbara was a capo in the buffalo family, and Anthony F. Guarnieri was a lieutenant under barbara , and hence a buffalo member. am i wrong ?

Re: 1984 Bufalino Family Members [Re: faffy444] #771456
04/04/14 10:17 AM
04/04/14 10:17 AM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: faffy444
Arm,

as i understood it years ago joe barbara was a capo in the buffalo family, and Anthony F. Guarnieri was a lieutenant under barbara , and hence a buffalo member. am i wrong ?

This was before my time and I have heard conflicting accounts on this over the years, but the story I have found most credible was that Barbara had been a Buffalo associate, but was later made in to the Buffalino family in what was an amicable agreement. Buffalo and NE PA had a very close relationship in those days which was why there was a lot of overlap in territory. Needless to say that relationship changed later on with Pittston/Scranton siding with Pittsburgh and the Colombo's against Buffalo. It was just plain stupid, but nothing less then I would expect from a mutt like D'Elia. (It pains me to say that, since his daughter is a personal friend of mine, we just don't discuss it, she distanced herself from her Dad years ago)
Guarnieri had always been a Buffalino guy, and there was never a rank of "lieutenant" in either family

Last edited by TheArm; 04/04/14 10:22 AM.

Been there and done it

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull