I was looking at the commission's wikipedia entry for shits and giggles. I saw something that piqued my interest, as I looked at a list of names who represented the various extensions of the Outfit:

"Among the most active representatives of the Al Capone Outfit were "Happy Memories" DeLuca (assets in Illinois and Wisconsin), Bob Calandra (Ontario), Vince DeLuca, Tom Ciampelletti (Montreal) and Frank Nitti, who acted as intermediary between Al Capone, the Boss, and the other gangsters."

So I had a couple questions, specifically regarding the two Canadian connections.

1. Bob Calandra (Ontario) and Tom Ciampelletti (Montreal). Were these simply Outfit crews operating in Canada, kicking up to the Outfit? Or were they slightly more independent, like the Rizzutos after the Sciascia hit?

2. Tom Ciampelletti; I couldn't find any information on this guy. according to wikipedia he would have been in Montreal during Capone's reign as boss of the outfit... How did this fit into the Montreal picture? This would have been at the height of Vic Controni's Calabrian faction, long before the Rizzutos wrestled control of the city from Paolo Violi. So the question is, if the Calabrians were a crew working under the auspices of the Bonanos where does that leave room for a secondary Outfit crew?

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.