GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 67 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,817
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merlino and Paciello #768102
03/15/14 11:49 AM
03/15/14 11:49 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Ok I have a question.
If Merlino is still the boss or anyway involved with LCN, wouldn't he or his associates be required by mafia standards to wack Paciello for being a rat? Or does that only go for that family that was involved?
Or do they just not care? Because he is definitely not in hiding.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: PhillyMob] #768104
03/15/14 11:55 AM
03/15/14 11:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
Ok I have a question.
If Merlino is still the boss or anyway involved with LCN, wouldn't he or his associates be required by mafia standards to wack Paciello for being a rat? Or does that only go for that family that was involved?

There are rats walking around all over the place. Paciello is living high profile at the Delano. PJ Pisciotta testified against the Bonanno hierarchy and he's living in a Manhattan high-rise. The bosses have come to realize that there's zero upside in whacking a rat AFTER he's testified. If they can get to him BEFORE, that's a different story. It just brings way too much heat.

Re Paciello and Merlino: There was a thread about them not too long ago. If you use the search feature, you can find it. But basically, let New York worry about New York and Philly worry about Philly. The Commission barely exists at this point. So why risk a life sentence for people you have minimal or zero involvelment with?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: pizzaboy] #768120
03/15/14 01:12 PM
03/15/14 01:12 PM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Ok I have a question.

There are rats walking around all over the place. Paciello is living high profile at the Delano. PJ Pisciotta testified against the Bonanno hierarchy and he's living in a Manhattan high-rise. The bosses have come to realize that there's zero upside in whacking a rat AFTER he's testified. If they can get to him BEFORE, that's a different story. It just brings way too much heat.

Re Paciello and Merlino: There was a thread about them not too long ago. If you use the search feature, you can find it. But basically, let New York worry about New York and Philly worry about Philly. The Commission barely exists at this point. So why risk a life sentence for people you have minimal or zero involvelment with?

Mafia or No Mafia rats roam freely and like the other poster said would you want to risk going to prison for life for it.

Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: PhillyMob] #768123
03/15/14 01:26 PM
03/15/14 01:26 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
PZ said it perfect tho Genovese family will still whack rats when possible

There was that rumor that is part of reason Leonetti has been more low key lately

The fact that he testified vs Gigante , I would not be surprised if he disappeared

You really have to give that family credit for its discipline and I would certainly

Still fear them. When you see that post 2000 hit list and then hear testimony

From that hector pagan clown about whacking a Luchesse member in 2010 that

I never seen talked about, there still is some stuff going on, it just appears to be

Associates or soldiers that doesn't get much media attention , 1 article and that's

About it . That Meldish hit just a few months ago which I'm sure was Westside

Was actually a pretty big hit was barely discussed .

Last edited by DB; 03/15/14 01:28 PM.
Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: pizzaboy] #768124
03/15/14 01:44 PM
03/15/14 01:44 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Ok I have a question.

Yes very true. I guess that's a good way to look at it. Thanks for the comments fellas.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: DB] #768142
03/15/14 03:47 PM
03/15/14 03:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DB
That Meldish hit just a few months ago which I'm sure was Westside

That's because the cops are looking at that as a public service homicide, DB. Those guys hurt so many people over the years that most of the cops in the 45th Precinct are still laughing about it. And the Feds don't give a shit about a local thug getting popped, so there you go. But those news reports made me laugh out loud when they called them the "leaders" of the old Purple Gang. They were shit scared of the Priscos wink.

As far as the Westside being behind it, I wouldn't be so sure. They found him less than half a mile from my home and lots of people around here think it was a relative of one of his victims---a completely un-connected relative. What comes around goes around. Call it karma.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: pizzaboy] #768146
03/15/14 04:12 PM
03/15/14 04:12 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
That Meldish hit just a few months ago which I'm sure was Westside

That's because the cops are looking at that as a public service homicide, DB. Those guys hurt so many people over the years that most of the cops in the 45th Precinct are still laughing about it. And the Feds don't give a shit about a local thug getting popped, so there you go. But those news reports made me laugh out loud when they called them the "leaders" of the old Purple Gang. They were shit scared of the Priscos wink.

As far as the Westside being behind it, I wouldn't be so sure. They found him less than half a mile from my home and lots of people around here think it was a relative of one of his victims---a completely un-connected relative. What comes around goes around. Call it karma.

There isn't too much to be found on the East Harlem Purple Gang, but what is there makes them look like they were absolute fucking lunatics. The East Harlem Purple Gang wasn't exclusively Italian, was it? Meldish sounds more like an anglicised Croatian name.

Re: Merlino and Paciello [Re: PhillyMob] #768148
03/15/14 04:23 PM
03/15/14 04:23 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
That makes a lot of sense . I have heard first hand from people in the neighborhood he grew up in that they were pure monsters . I just assumed Prisco gave the nod as I believe the brothers were under them although I'm uncertain what Prisco influence is these days post sentence , he was one powerful dude tho from what I heard , Prisco that is .

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull