GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Malavita, 1 invisible), 313 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,351
Posts1,059,066
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767737
03/13/14 01:12 PM
03/13/14 01:12 PM
F
faffy444 Offline
Made Member
faffy444  Offline
F
Made Member
i think the Arm makes a good point. the buffalo family is quite large geographically. thats why i tend to agree with his numbers

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: faffy444] #767738
03/13/14 01:14 PM
03/13/14 01:14 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: faffy444
Arm, venture a guess on how many made guys in the area. then give me your opinion on how many made guys in the buffalo family today.im guessing at least 50.

We don't need to guess. And 50 is way inflated. The FBI compiled a chart of remaining Buffalo members back in 2006 which showed 23 members remaining. A few have died since then so it's probably around 20 now.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: IvyLeague] #767755
03/13/14 01:31 PM
03/13/14 01:31 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Arm, venture a guess on how many made guys in the area. then give me your opinion on how many made guys in the buffalo family today.im guessing at least 50.

We don't need to guess. And 50 is way inflated. The FBI compiled a chart of remaining Buffalo members back in 2006 which showed 23 members remaining. A few have died since then so it's probably around 20 now.

The FBI compiled a chart..bzzz...You will never learn will you?

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #767757
03/13/14 01:36 PM
03/13/14 01:36 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
If youre including in your estimate of 50 buttons the ndrangheta clans that operate in and around Hamilton and Toronto and who dont give a flying fuck what Buffalo says (or have even heard of Buffalo) you may be close in your estimate of 50.

Otherwise you're delusional, or you know something everyone else in the world doesn't.

I know which way Im leaning.

There is no such organization as ndrangheta...but if you are talking about the heroin addicted cigertte smugglers who sell Cognac out of the trunks of cars they got from the US with no tax stamp at $15 a bottle and are so strung out they use bikers as muscle, who you have elevated in your mind the way kids do the boogie man....50 is about right
I was actually talking about made Buffalo guys in the areas I mentioned

Been there and done it
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: faffy444] #767758
03/13/14 01:39 PM
03/13/14 01:39 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
i think the Arm makes a good point. the buffalo family is quite large geographically. thats why i tend to agree with his numbers

Correct
The disconnect is, as it has always been since the late 70s, is that "Buffalo" spans far beyond Erie County

Been there and done it
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767763
03/13/14 01:57 PM
03/13/14 01:57 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TheArm
If youre including in your estimate of 50 buttons the ndrangheta clans that operate in and around Hamilton and Toronto and who dont give a flying fuck what Buffalo says (or have even heard of Buffalo) you may be close in your estimate of 50.

Otherwise you're delusional, or you know something everyone else in the world doesn't.

There is no such organization as ndrangheta...but if you are talking about the heroin addicted cigertte smugglers who sell Cognac out of the trunks of cars they got from the US with no tax stamp at $15 a bottle and are so strung out they use bikers as muscle, who you have elevated in your mind the way kids do the boogie man....50 is about right

Ndrangheta is simply a term to describe the ndrine's (family or cell's) geographical history. IE from Calabria.
They operate almost exactly the same way Cosa Nostra does, that is as independent, organized families who can and often do collude in criminal enterprises.

The largest being Narcotics.

Ontario and Quebec Italian OC has VERY strong links to Calabria and Sicily. I doubt anyone from Buffalo has had Italian connections in 25years (If ever).

To assume that in Ontario's Italian population of close to a million that there would be no Italian OC beyond a few crack heads selling cakes out of their trunks is beyond absurd.

To assume that it would also report to buffalo is even more so.

You were referring to 'elevated in your mind', the mirror might be a good place to start.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: faffy444] #767777
03/13/14 03:01 PM
03/13/14 03:01 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
thats why i tend to agree with his numbers

look at his "numbers" for pittsburg, something nobody no matter how delusional would bother to entertain even for a second. 17 soldiers, 3 capos, boss ect. compare that with 2 rats and an old man. see the problem? believe what sounds good to you, but ask yourself how even if his shtick were true would it make sense. how would an associate who according to his own words "left the life" decades ago know the current scoop in an area where he doesn't claim to live any longer? does he call the corporate office and get a yearly update? how can someone on one hand claim how secretive these guys are yet claim to know the inner workings?

the fbi is far from perfect and they claimed less than 25 made guys a few years ago. that number may not be right on the money, but do you really believe the real number is more than twice their estimate? don't buy into the misinformation hype. why would the fbi put out misinformation on a "family" that is down to some scattered residual organized activity? what's the upside? what would they gain?

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: Five_Felonies] #767783
03/13/14 03:16 PM
03/13/14 03:16 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I'm just sitting here.....looking for a pat on the head and something like "Good Job LaLou, Nola had no rats, and you blew all the fan boys out of the water by ending this debate in two sentences." panic

I'm asking for too much huh? cry

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767791
03/13/14 04:17 PM
03/13/14 04:17 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Good job LaLou wink

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: LaLouisiane] #767793
03/13/14 04:19 PM
03/13/14 04:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I'm just sitting here.....looking for a pat on the head and something like "Good Job LaLou, Nola had no rats, and you blew all the fan boys out of the water by ending this debate in two sentences." panic

Go suck on a Po' Boy. How's that for a pat on the head? tongue grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: pizzaboy] #767799
03/13/14 04:31 PM
03/13/14 04:31 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Go suck on a Po' Boy. How's that for a pat on the head? tongue grin

LOL, Thanks PB, lol But no Po-boy for me, going grab a few Central Street Mufalattas this weekend in the French Quarter

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: Five_Felonies] #767805
03/13/14 04:36 PM
03/13/14 04:36 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
thats why i tend to agree with his numbers

look at his "numbers" for pittsburg, something nobody no matter how delusional would bother to entertain even for a second. 17 soldiers, 3 capos, boss ect. compare that with 2 rats and an old man. see the problem? believe what sounds good to you, but ask yourself how even if his shtick were true would it make sense. how would an associate who according to his own words "left the life" decades ago know the current scoop in an area where he doesn't claim to live any longer? does he call the corporate office and get a yearly update? how can someone on one hand claim how secretive these guys are yet claim to know the inner workings?

the fbi is far from perfect and they claimed less than 25 made guys a few years ago. that number may not be right on the money, but do you really believe the real number is more than twice their estimate? don't buy into the misinformation hype. why would the fbi put out misinformation on a "family" that is down to some scattered residual organized activity? what's the upside? what would they gain?

Your creepy obsession is matched only by your lack of a clue. Your questions and statements are so flawed they defy comments
Here's an idea, why don't you catch your breath, unclinch your fists and form some cohernet questions, perhaps I can educate you

Last edited by TheArm; 03/13/14 04:42 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #767808
03/13/14 04:41 PM
03/13/14 04:41 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County

Ndrangheta is simply a term to describe the ndrine's (family or cell's) geographical history. IE from Calabria.
They operate almost exactly the same way Cosa Nostra does, that is as independent, organized families who can and often do collude in criminal enterprises.

The largest being Narcotics.

Ontario and Quebec Italian OC has VERY strong links to Calabria and Sicily. I doubt anyone from Buffalo has had Italian connections in 25years (If ever).

To assume that in Ontario's Italian population of close to a million that there would be no Italian OC beyond a few crack heads selling cakes out of their trunks is beyond absurd.

To assume that it would also report to buffalo is even more so.

You were referring to 'elevated in your mind', the mirror might be a good place to start.

if you are going to comment on what I say, it might be a good idea to actually comment on what I said, as opposed to what I didnt
You are correct about one thing, Ndrangheta is a term used to describe a loosly connected group of criminals, most of whom have never had contact with each other.
I never claimed they "report to Buffalo"...they dont
These guys are a formatable presence in Europe...but in Canada, they are a joke
I know this becuse I have witnessed the strung out junkies and their "operations" first hand....it's pathetic.
There are more formatable suburban teeneage street gangs

Last edited by TheArm; 03/13/14 05:28 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: LaLouisiane] #767821
03/13/14 05:24 PM
03/13/14 05:24 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County

Well done sir

Been there and done it
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767842
03/13/14 06:49 PM
03/13/14 06:49 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Here's an idea, why don't you catch your breath, unclinch your fists and form some cohernet questions, perhaps I can educate you

And it's a good idea. You just educated him on how to earn a two week's vacation from the boards.

Listen, nobody expects these boards to be a church social. With so many pissing contests going on it is inevitable that some tempers will be lost and some angry words will be said. It happens. But when one member constantly flames others with snide remarks (see above) it is time to step in and correct the problem. This is step one.

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767844
03/13/14 06:52 PM
03/13/14 06:52 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
clap clap clap

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767846
03/13/14 07:06 PM
03/13/14 07:06 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Well said SC. The only reason the OC section hasn't imploded is because of good moderating, after a few comments from someone like TheArm, you can tell he'll last a few months at the most.

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767899
03/14/14 02:39 AM
03/14/14 02:39 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Barack's 2nd term is almost up.

Vote 1 SC for president.

Of the world.

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #767953
03/14/14 01:59 PM
03/14/14 01:59 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Thanks SC. I like to think I have a fair amount of patience, but man, that guy makes me run out in a hurry! Even though I'm still new here I really appreciate the way you guys run this place. You only step in when it gets ridiculous.

I know i sometimes say controversial things that spark debates, but I hope you guys understand that I don't have any malicious intent. I actually pretty much like everyone here (even though some of you mock my nationality hehe wink ).

Last edited by slumpy; 03/14/14 02:01 PM.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #768762
03/19/14 11:47 AM
03/19/14 11:47 AM
T
trophydave Offline
Wiseguy
trophydave  Offline
T
Wiseguy
ARM. I THINK THE PERCEPTION/VIEW U HAVE OF THE CALBRIANS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. UNIMPORTANT, JUNKIES.ETC...BUT THERE HAS BEEN ENOUGH REPORTS AND EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THE DIRECT OPPOSITE.
THEIR PRESENCE AND POWER IN EUROPE GIVES THE CLANS IN ONTARIO REAL POWER. THE MAJORITY OF THE CLAN LEADERS IN ONTARIO REPRESENT THEIR FAMILIES IN SIDERNO, THESE ARE NOT CANADIAN BORN GANGSTERS (FILOMEGNIS ETC)

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #769081
03/21/14 03:06 PM
03/21/14 03:06 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
This Chart with the rats in all the Families of the American Cosa Nostra:

Genovese 5 rats
Gambino 10 rats
Bonanno 13 rats
Lucchese 15 rats
Colombo 15 rats

Philly 16 rats
Patriarca 7 rats
DeCavalcante 3 rats
Rochester 4 rats
Buffalo 3 rats
Pittsburgh

KC,SL,and the other families left 1 rat

Attached Files 5NYfamiliesturncoats_zps9bb7d173.jpgOtherFamilyturncoats_zpsd98298ec.jpg
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: TheArm] #769091
03/21/14 03:53 PM
03/21/14 03:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It can get a little confusing if one makes a distinction between guys who flipped in more recent times and guys way back when who were later found to have been secret informants. If you include the latter, the numbers would naturally go way up.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: furio_from_naples] #769133
03/21/14 07:50 PM
03/21/14 07:50 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Genovese 5 rats
Gambino 10 rats
Bonanno 13 rats
Lucchese 15 rats
Colombo 15 rats

Philly 16 rats
Patriarca 7 rats
DeCavalcante 3 rats
Rochester 4 rats
Buffalo 3 rats
Pittsburgh

I believe the picture you have for Nick Calabrese ( Chicago )is actually Butch Petrocelli.

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: LaLouisiane] #769233
03/22/14 01:05 PM
03/22/14 01:05 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
New Orleans never had a rat. BOOM

End of discussion.

Neither did Dallas. Booyah

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: IvyLeague] #769422
03/23/14 10:40 PM
03/23/14 10:40 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It can get a little confusing if one makes a distinction between guys who flipped in more recent times and guys way back when who were later found to have been secret informants. If you include the latter, the numbers would naturally go way up.

somebody that only listens to the fbi should know that informing is a new phenomenon

yeah valachi had his hearings but massino didn't flip until the 2ks

to stay on topic......there's no excuse for philadelphia's rat numbers

Re: Family with the fewest rats (past 40 years) [Re: furio_from_naples] #770841
04/01/14 12:55 PM
04/01/14 12:55 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline OP
BANNED
TheArm  Offline OP
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Genovese 5 rats
Gambino 10 rats
Bonanno 13 rats
Lucchese 15 rats
Colombo 15 rats

Philly 16 rats
Patriarca 7 rats
DeCavalcante 3 rats
Rochester 4 rats
Buffalo 3 rats
Pittsburgh

Buffalo had 4 by my count, But Mastrocco had pretty much turned and aligned himslf with the Colombos by the time he actually testified, so 3 is a fair assessmant as well

Been there and done it
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull