GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Mafia101, 2 invisible), 365 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,078
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,505
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attempted Hit on Irish Mob Boss #766728
03/05/14 03:22 PM
03/05/14 03:22 PM
S
slumpy Offline OP
Capo
slumpy  Offline OP
S
Capo
David Amoruso over on Gangster's inc just posted this article.

What especially struck me was this quote:

Originally Posted By: David Amoruso
Not for the police, not for the media, not for gangland insiders, and certainly not for John Gilligan himself. Since his release from prison in October of 2013 after his conviction on drug charges in the 1990s, the Irish mobster was warned immediately that there were serious threats to his life.

Hell of a way to live life. The question is who and why? Someone he's wronged? Rival criminals? IRA? What do you guys think? I know we have some folks around here pretty well versed in the Irish underworld. By the sounds of the would-be assassin, it seems as though this may not have been a professional hit, however. Which doesn't necessarily mean that professionals may not have directed someone with a personal vendetta to Gilligan.

Last edited by slumpy; 03/05/14 03:23 PM.
Re: Attempted Hit on Irish Mob Boss [Re: slumpy] #766736
03/05/14 03:52 PM
03/05/14 03:52 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: slumpy
David Amoruso over on Gangster's inc just posted this article.

What especially struck me was this quote:

Originally Posted By: David Amoruso
Not for the police, not for the media, not for gangland insiders, and certainly not for John Gilligan himself. Since his release from prison in October of 2013 after his conviction on drug charges in the 1990s, the Irish mobster was warned immediately that there were serious threats to his life.

Hell of a way to live life. The question is who and why? Someone he's wronged? Rival criminals? IRA? What do you guys think? I know we have some folks around here pretty well versed in the Irish underworld. By the sounds of the would-be assassin, it seems as though this may not have been a professional hit, however. Which doesn't necessarily mean that professionals may not have directed someone with a personal vendetta to Gilligan.

One of Martin Cahill's underlings John Gilligan is just another bum, no doubt abe will portray him as some kind of superman but the reality is this...

"The Spanish based criminal regards Gilligan as ‘a weak link,’ attracting police attention to their bids to set up profitable drug deals".

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Spanish...l#ixzz2v7TJUS4Q
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook

Nothing but a typical bum, the IRA have far bigger fish to fry this guy wouldn't have been on their radar though no doubt abe already has a nickname for this bum along the lines of 'the silver haired surfer' or yet another "Mr Big lol"

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/05/14 03:54 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Attempted Hit on Irish Mob Boss [Re: slumpy] #766738
03/05/14 04:00 PM
03/05/14 04:00 PM
S
slumpy Offline OP
Capo
slumpy  Offline OP
S
Capo
Cahill has been dead for over a decade, though, so whose stepped into those shoes?

Re: Attempted Hit on Irish Mob Boss [Re: slumpy] #766746
03/05/14 05:11 PM
03/05/14 05:11 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
From what I've read there are dozens and dozens of criminal groups in Dublin alone. The Real IRA have their fingers in about every criminal pie: drugs, weapons, fraud, extortion...you name it. Some major Irish gangsters also operate from abroad (Spain for instance) and are alleged to supervise some of the gangs in Ireland.

Irish and British criminal influence is extremely large in parts of Spain. Russians have quietly set up shop over there, but mostly to launder money. Irish and British gangsters on the other hand were and still are the major source of drug and weapon trafficking, prostitution and other rackets in parts of Spain. Russians have the name for being ruthless, but in my opinion those Irish and British nutters can be just as dangerous and wouldn't hesitate much about chopping up someone and feeding him to the fishes.

Re: Attempted Hit on Irish Mob Boss [Re: slumpy] #766869
03/06/14 08:52 PM
03/06/14 08:52 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: slumpy
Cahill has been dead for over a decade, though, so whose stepped into those shoes?

I know how long Cahill has been dead my cousin was riding by on his bike when 'dissident Republicans' killed him word was it was the IRA but technically it may have been some other Republican group perhaps the INLA.

Anyway, he was killed for being a traitor, an informant on the IRA and a common bum. One of my cousins actually went to school with one of his many children and had a gun pointed to his head calling for my name.

This dispute was settled like men not like the Brits who are scared of their own shadow. Brits fight like cowards look how these chavs get battered by the Irish again lol Man, abe's silence has been pitiful I have definitely found him out. West Brit propaganda is all he's got rolleyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS0C-x0GNgc

These are two relatives of mine sorting this issue out. Look at how the Brit bums get battered. He even gets slapped like a bitch when he could have knocked him out. Another Irishman makes mincemeat of another pathetic Brit chav Brits are cowards and nothing but bums lol

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull