GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825468
01/24/15 12:11 PM
01/24/15 12:11 PM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
IMO, the NFL teams should wait until the 2nd round and beyond to draft a QB. There are more first round duds and if college football keeps morphing into a spread offense, they will have no good prospects for the NFL level.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825471
01/24/15 12:35 PM
01/24/15 12:35 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat!"

Bobby Heenan & Bill Belichick

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825476
01/24/15 12:55 PM
01/24/15 12:55 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Oscar, yup, looks like the patriots were spot on concerning manziel. sounds like a smart scouting staff, maybe that's one of the reasons that they are playing in their 8th super bowl.

thanks for the post Oscar.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #825605
01/25/15 07:58 AM
01/25/15 07:58 AM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Oscar, yup, looks like the patriots were spot on concerning manziel. sounds like a smart scouting staff, maybe that's one of the reasons that they are playing in their 8th super bowl.

thanks for the post Oscar.

I'll bet my house that all other NFL scouting departments had the same info. NFL teams usually hire former FBI or Secret Service agents to run their security and background checks. Cleveland is just plain fucking stupid and I'd fire Ray Farmer for wasting a high pick for a bum in his first NFL draft

Last edited by Oscarthedago; 01/25/15 07:59 AM.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825612
01/25/15 09:32 AM
01/25/15 09:32 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Farmer was ordered by the owner to take Manziel. Farmer wanted Bridgewater. There is zero doubt in my mind that this was a PR and jersey-selling pick. Haslem was infatuated w/J Football image.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: goombah] #825635
01/25/15 11:21 AM
01/25/15 11:21 AM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: goombah
Farmer was ordered by the owner to take Manziel. Farmer wanted Bridgewater. There is zero doubt in my mind that this was a PR and jersey-selling pick. Haslem was infatuated w/J Football image.

That's excellent speculation that Haslam ordered the pick, but I know Farmer was high on Manziel as well. As an Ohio native, I remember well the local news outlets saying prior to the draft that Farmer loved Manziel. Anyhow, a clear cut example (if true) how owners should let the football minds handle the football business.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Oscarthedago] #825642
01/25/15 11:44 AM
01/25/15 11:44 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago

That's excellent speculation that Haslam ordered the pick, but I know Farmer was high on Manziel as well. As an Ohio native, I remember well the local news outlets saying prior to the draft that Farmer loved Manziel. Anyhow, a clear cut example (if true) how owners should let the football minds handle the football business.

boy you said it! classic example................. dallas cowboys before jerry jones took over as G.M.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #825644
01/25/15 11:49 AM
01/25/15 11:49 AM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo

boy you said it! classic example................. dallas cowboys before jerry jones took over as G.M.

Look at Dallas since Jones became the GM. Pathetic. Owners need to look at the Rooney's, Kraft's and Eddie DeBartolo Jr. Three owners that knew how to win and were consistent year in and year out...it's called a stable business model.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Oscarthedago] #825660
01/25/15 01:58 PM
01/25/15 01:58 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
B

Look at Dallas since Jones became the GM. Pathetic. Owners need to look at the Rooney's, Kraft's and Eddie DeBartolo Jr. Three owners that knew how to win and were consistent year in and year out...it's called a stable business model.

I wonder if Jerry Jones was physically restrained when Dallas was on clock w/Manziel on the board. I thought for sure he would've taken the glamour pick. Jones has been a trainwreck GM since letting Jimmy Johnson leave.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825694
01/25/15 05:52 PM
01/25/15 05:52 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
goombah, you are correct. and I would like to add that romo is never going to get the cowboys where staubach, and aikman got them.

he just doesn,t have what they had. jones has stuck with him to long. and they better be thinking about another QB right now.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #825940
01/27/15 09:02 AM
01/27/15 09:02 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
goombah, you are correct. and I would like to add that romo is never going to get the cowboys where staubach, and aikman got them.

he just doesn,t have what they had. jones has stuck with him to long. and they better be thinking about another QB right now.

I cannot disagree about Romo. He is the Kardashian of QBs - lots of style but not a whole lot of substance.

I think that if Staubach had as much talent around him as Aikman, Roger would have 5-6 trophies. Not that Staubach played on teams without starts, but the 92-95 Cowboys teams were a dynasty. If Jones hadn't let his ego get in the way forcing Jimmy Johnson out, they would have cruised to 4 titles in a row. Even an idiot like Switzer was able to put the team on auto-pilot and get a title in '95.

The Cowboys of the present have a lot to offer with that offensive line and one of the best WRs in the league. They probably will have to let Murray go because of the salary cap, but if they could land a young top notch QB they would be set for the next 5-7 years.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: goombah] #825946
01/27/15 10:05 AM
01/27/15 10:05 AM
Montreal, QC
TheRedZone Offline
Button
TheRedZone  Offline
Button
Montreal, QC
A lot of teams are just a 'top notch' QB short from competing or morphing into contenders, the problem being that these type of players aren't widely available, so I think with the new and young O-Line combined with the emergence of the receiving core, pulling the plug on Romo is too premature imo, although I do agree they should have a backup plan, or someone to groom for the next few years, but that's not simple either for the same reasons above.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825976
01/27/15 02:07 PM
01/27/15 02:07 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
romo is 35 now with a bad back, and this will be his make or break year. I don't think he's going to last another full season, he's taken some hits, and, they take their toll.

I think manning is finished at Denver, now, if I was jerry jones I would try and get colt McCoy from Washington. or trade for a no# 1 pick in the draft and go for one of the ohio st. QBS.

then dallas would have a future.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #825981
01/27/15 02:29 PM
01/27/15 02:29 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
romo is 35 now with a bad back, and this will be his make or break year. I don't think he's going to last another full season, he's taken some hits, and, they take their toll.

I think manning is finished at Denver, now, if I was jerry jones I would try and get colt McCoy from Washington. or trade for a no# 1 pick in the draft and go for one of the ohio st. QBS.

then dallas would have a future.

I'm of the opinion that Romo is beyond make-or-break. Like you said, he's 35. The same argument with Culter - these guys are what they are at this point of their careers. They're not going to have a huge increase in production.

Romo had a great year in 2014. But with two back surgeries and the hits he took, even with a great o-line, it's unrealistic to expect a repeat performance in 2015. If Jerry Jones was smart, he would go after Romo's replacement while Romo is still on the roster much like Green Bay did with Favre/Rodgers.

If I was Washington's GM, I would not trade McCoy to a division rival. RG3 is too brittle to be giving away his backup. And now that there is a new Washington GM, he most likely does not have the same feelings toward RG3 than the GM responsible for drafting RG3.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #825984
01/27/15 02:53 PM
01/27/15 02:53 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
good points about Washington, and RGII. I get what you are saying, and you are spot on about romo. and, goombah if you were a G,M. and needed a QB where would you go in next years draft? or who would you trade for?

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826004
01/27/15 04:59 PM
01/27/15 04:59 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I'm not sure Binnie. The draft is such a crapshoot on QBs. Luck was the last can't miss prospect. Tons of duds before & since he was picked. The problem is these guys in college typically don't play under center. Then they don't have to really read the defense and athletic QBs are much faster than their competition. That's why so few of these college QBs translate to the NFL.

I could see Cardale Jones being successful in the right situation. He has a cannon for an arm & size. Neither can be taught. If he can learn to read NFL defenses he could be a star. Mariota has accuracy issues. Winston is toxic - if I were a GM there is no way I would put my professional reputation on the line by drafting Winston unless it was after the 1st round.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826008
01/27/15 05:42 PM
01/27/15 05:42 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Would it be freaky for the NFL if the Superbowl score was 3-0....after a 0-0 regulation?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: goombah] #826100
01/28/15 01:48 PM
01/28/15 01:48 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I'm not sure Binnie. The draft is such a crapshoot on QBs. Luck was the last can't miss prospect. Tons of duds before & since he was picked. The problem is these guys in college typically don't play under center. Then they don't have to really read the defense and athletic QBs are much faster than their competition. That's why so few of these college QBs translate to the NFL.

I could see Cardale Jones being successful in the right situation. He has a cannon for an arm & size. Neither can be taught. If he can learn to read NFL defenses he could be a star. Mariota has accuracy issues. Winston is toxic - if I were a GM there is no way I would put my professional reputation on the line by drafting Winston unless it was after the 1st round.

right on, whoever drafts Winston Is going to get burned ala "johnny football" now, next year we will see about OSU other QBS and they both are highly rated. I too am high on cardell jones, and don't forget Ezekiel Elliot, he could be great in the pros.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826560
01/31/15 01:45 PM
01/31/15 01:45 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I think im going to have to go with new England on this super bowl. im a hawks fan but, im afraid the seahawks team that shows up will be the one that fell behind early to green bay, and suffered 5 interceptions.

they can't play like that against new England, aaron Rodgers proved seattles defense has holes in it.

I see new England winning it, no more miracles for seattle this time, they have run out of rabbits.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: goombah] #826671
02/01/15 05:06 AM
02/01/15 05:06 AM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo

There isn't one QB in this year's draft that will be a star. If Mariota could learn an NFL play book and become an expert at reading defenses and making immediate adjustments, he may become a quality starter...and OSU QB's will NOT make it in the NFL as a QB. Colleges need to be running pro style offenses if they have a marquee QB in order to better prepare those players for the next level. There will be a handful next year who come from pro style offenses.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826707
02/01/15 11:38 AM
02/01/15 11:38 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Oscar, if cardell jones was a third stringer, how good were the other two ahead of him.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826734
02/01/15 02:50 PM
02/01/15 02:50 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Super Bowl will be lit by LEDs for the first time

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/1/7959895/super-bowl-xlix-pheonix-lit-by-leds

The big game today will be the first ever Super Bowl illuminated by LEDs instead of traditional metal halide lamps. University of Phoenix Stadium — home of the Arizona Cardinals and Super Bowl XLIX — was outfitted with the LED fixtures last year. Since LEDs are brighter than the old lamps, only 312 units were needed to replace the 780 metal halide lights that were originally installed in the stadium. The new lights also use 75 percent less energy, and they should last at least 20 years — far longer than the old lights that required maintenance every few seasons.

Brighter and whiter

But the lights are changing more than just corporate bottom lines. If you haven't watched a Cardinals game this season, you might notice a difference in the lighting quality. It might take a keen eye to notice, but despite using fewer than half as many lighting units, the light output onto the field is brighter and whiter than before. You'll also see that the strobe effect during slow-motion replays is gone, since LEDs don't flicker in the same way as metal halide lamps.

University of Phoenix Stadium isn't the first stadium to be lit by LEDs — NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans) also installed the new lights for this season. But the LEDs will now be under the scrutiny of the brightest stage of them all: the Super Bowl. Ephesus, the company that manufactured the lights, is probably hoping no one notices a difference, but at least if the power goes out like it did in 2013 it won't take a half an hour for the lights to come back on — LEDs power up instantly.

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826753
02/01/15 07:09 PM
02/01/15 07:09 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
seattle had it won, but, didn't give it to lynch, and Wilson was intercepted. worse call I have ever seen in the nfl. not to give it to lynch but pass. on the half yd line.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826754
02/01/15 07:16 PM
02/01/15 07:16 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Well, the Patriots have been my Steelers nemesis for a decade, but I applaud their victory. For some reason I didn't cotten to
Seattle. Good job Tom.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826755
02/01/15 07:29 PM
02/01/15 07:29 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I was not going to watch the game. But some people in the house were watching it. I watched the whole game man that was some game.

The coach of Seattle made some bad call on that play. Give it to that running back they win.

only the unloved hate
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826756
02/01/15 07:32 PM
02/01/15 07:32 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Yes smile I watch the game because of their led's Lightning smile

only the unloved hate
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: Footreads] #826759
02/01/15 08:20 PM
02/01/15 08:20 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I was not going to watch the game. But some people in the house were watching it. I watched the whole game man that was some game.

The coach of Seattle made some bad call on that play. Give it to that running back they win.

it was a horrible call, someone should be fired for that one.you have been watching the nfl for as long as I have foots, there is no excuse for that call, I say get rid of caroll.

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826764
02/01/15 09:22 PM
02/01/15 09:22 PM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
As a Buffalo Fan it angers me dat da PATS won!! But I hate to say it this officially puts Brady and Belicheat up there as legends Tom Brady goes above Manning ne day and im a huge Manning guy great reg season QB but Postseason where it counts!! and Tom Brady might have another 3 years in his tank still who knows!! even though I hate em

Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826777
02/02/15 04:20 AM
02/02/15 04:20 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I have been watching and playing when clothes lines were legal. Spearing was allowed it was more fun to play back them.

When neighborhoods played other neighborhoods it was a gang fight.

I used to carry a pen knife in the pile up and with stab a guy 7 or 8 times. Then the guy gets up he was full of blood.

Before the snap I would spit in his face to get him to go offside.

Guy lost his helmet I would go out of my way to cleet him if he went down. If he was up I put my helmet in his face. Stick my fingers in his eyes

only the unloved hate
Re: NFL 2014 [Re: olivant] #826781
02/02/15 05:23 AM
02/02/15 05:23 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I went to a SB party & came home to get the kids to bed at start of 4th quarter. Came home to DirecTv not working. For the 2nd time in a month. The other time you ask? Just the OSU-Oregon nat'l championship game. I'm done with Directv. Forever.

Watching the replays, it's clear the arrogance of Pete Carroll cost his team the game. I have articulated my disdain of Carroll before, so I find it to be poetic justice. He tried to get cute & will be forever criticized for losing the game. And let's face it, Seattle got a gift TD when the referee picked Revis in the 3rd qtr.

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19