GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 301 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,865
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763713
02/14/14 06:28 PM
02/14/14 06:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Yea Joey stood up,Not saying Phil should of or not but put your self there 45 years i rather be dead, If he would have got ten twelve he would be boss right now.And bet your ass he hates Joey being there. If anything would bring him back it would be to pay him a visit. Cus he loved jr.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763731
02/14/14 07:29 PM
02/14/14 07:29 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
Hey Serp

I wanna tell you the only reason I ever signed up to be on here was to hear stories from people that actually knew these guys, it's a pleasure to read your posts and they def seem genuine.
What about merlino crew, George borgesi, Mazzone, and Angelina, did you know them?
If so what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks

Salute from Chicago

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763735
02/14/14 08:08 PM
02/14/14 08:08 PM
Philadelphia
ThatsLife215 Offline
Nobody
ThatsLife215  Offline
Nobody
Wiseguy
Philadelphia
@philipbracci Im just curious to know why you are so impressed with a rat? Want to know his fashion sense and favorite meal? His ratting affected a lot of close friends and their families so I cant understand why you anyone would idolize a rat. You bring up Joey, The guy was facing life on a few times and never even thought about flipping. he spent almost half his life in prison. Think about this, he was never convicted on a major violent crime and always was sent to max security prisons, Guy did hard time and still never opened his mouth. I take a guy like that over a rat any day.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: ThatsLife215] #763738
02/14/14 08:38 PM
02/14/14 08:38 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
@philipbracci Im just curious to know why you are so impressed with a rat? Want to know his fashion sense and favorite meal? His ratting affected a lot of close friends and their families so I cant understand why you anyone would idolize a rat. You bring up Joey, The guy was facing life on a few times and never even thought about flipping. he spent almost half his life in prison. Think about this, he was never convicted on a major violent crime and always was sent to max security prisons, Guy did hard time and still never opened his mouth. I take a guy like that over a rat any day.

Very true. But some of the rats are more interesting to hear from cause their willing to talk. I don't think anyone is idolizing rats but it's very interesting hearing what they have to talk about especially when you have the upper echelon of a crime family spilling the beans on family secrets. Massino, Casso, Leonetti, Gravano, the list goes on. The fact that their rats makes them interesting in itself.
Me personally is rather read more about these people than some others. But to each his own.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: PhillyMob] #763742
02/14/14 08:49 PM
02/14/14 08:49 PM
Philadelphia
ThatsLife215 Offline
Nobody
ThatsLife215  Offline
Nobody
Wiseguy
Philadelphia
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob

Very true. But some of the rats are more interesting to hear from cause their willing to talk. I don't think anyone is idolizing rats but it's very interesting hearing what they have to talk about especially when you have the upper echelon of a crime family spilling the beans on family secrets. Massino, Casso, Leonetti, Gravano, the list goes on. The fact that their rats makes them interesting in itself.
Me personally is rather read more about these people than some others. But to each his own.

I can understand hearing what they have to say about certain rackets and hits but to ask about the guys favorite clothes designer and what he liked to eat, favorite color etc, seems more like a crush to me lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: ThatsLife215] #763756
02/14/14 09:54 PM
02/14/14 09:54 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida

I can understand hearing what they have to say about certain rackets and hits but to ask about the guys favorite clothes designer and what he liked to eat, favorite color etc, seems more like a crush to me lol

Yea I hear ya lol

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Gingello101182] #763758
02/14/14 09:57 PM
02/14/14 09:57 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Gingello101182
Hey DiLorenzo, I know where Leonetti and his wife live in California. They live about 30 minutes from me. They own a few apartment buildings and a few single family homes which he and his wife collect rent for. I would guess the money him and his wife collect in rent along with Phil's TV appearances and his book, they do pretty well. If I remember correctly I think he stole money from his Uncle before he went into the program which he invested out here. He is an opportunistic asshole for sure, but you got to hand it to him he did come out on top.
Hi Gingelllo..Well you're absolutely right, if you take it from the ''i'm looking out for #1'' strategy which all of them take but few admit too,I'd have more respect for him if he said ''these guys made my life hell,so i'm gonna take whatever I can and get out of it before i go etc..'' but he didn't do that because he didn't wanna be known to his former friends as a cowardly snitch...And in my opinion, using your son as an excuse well after the fact is very weak and being a cowardly snitch..He should light a candle every day that he's able to collect rents from property bought with drug and blood money...That's no offense meant to you either Gingello, just my 2 cents !! cool

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763761
02/14/14 10:00 PM
02/14/14 10:00 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: philipbracci
Gingello

You should try and get a picture of him. I wonder what he looks like? I read he had plastic surgery and looks ugly.

And he's now going on tv with his face blocked out etc...Who's left out on the streets of philly that he would be so scared of hunting him down ?? That shows his cowardice more then anything !!

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763764
02/14/14 10:04 PM
02/14/14 10:04 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
My last comments on philly...I don't like the joey merlino's of the world, but ya gotta give him that at least he's not a punk...He did his time like a man and now he's doing his thing..Hopefully a little older and wiser !!!

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763773
02/14/14 10:31 PM
02/14/14 10:31 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Nice: I did not know them,they were young and now" it would not make a diff, but when you are 25 and they are 15 it is a big diff.I did see a couple of them like George and Joey in the summers,they were there for Jr.they were just kids.I guess at the very end they were becoming men but by then it was ugly . Joe Ligambi was around now and then but he was a little older then us , but he was green, he was tending bar up at a couple spots here, He and yogi would be together sometimes. There was a little club up by Steve Wynn golden nugget and he tended bar there and also the next summer at a guy we knew Vince bar and restaurant up by the trump plaza.So thats really a no they were to young to be in the bizz part.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #763777
02/14/14 10:38 PM
02/14/14 10:38 PM
R
reginald_denny Offline
Button
reginald_denny  Offline
R
Button
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Nice: I did not know them,they were young and now" it would not make a diff, but when you are 25 and they are 15 it is a big diff.I did see a couple of them like George and Joey in the summers,they were there for Jr.they were just kids.I guess at the very end they were becoming men but by then it was ugly . Joe Ligambi was around now and then but he was a little older then us , but he was green, he was tending bar up at a couple spots here, He and yogi would be together sometimes. There was a little club up by Steve Wynn golden nugget and he tended bar there and also the next summer at a guy we knew Vince bar and restaurant up by the trump plaza.So thats really a no they were to young to be in the bizz part.
you wanna see the picture of me joe ligambi at the ted nugent concert back in 77? did you know ligambi was wild for the nudge and his song wang dang sweet poon tang?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: reginald_denny] #763789
02/14/14 11:26 PM
02/14/14 11:26 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: reginald_denny
you wanna see the picture of me joe ligambi at the ted nugent concert back in 77? did you know ligambi was wild for the nudge and his song wang dang sweet poon tang?

I no I would love to see it.lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #763791
02/14/14 11:45 PM
02/14/14 11:45 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member

Thanks buddy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763847
02/15/14 12:00 PM
02/15/14 12:00 PM
P
philipbracci Offline OP
Button
philipbracci  Offline OP
P
Button
Life51 I have no crush for Phil trust me. I'm mealy interested in getting to know what type of individual Leonetti was, not just as a mob guy but as a human being. Serp is someone who knows this person and I am asking questions. If you look at one post Serp posted he mentioned Phil dresses the part of gangster (turtle neck top, black jeans etc) and I understand from reading material that he liked good food and restaurants so I wanted to know more. There is no harm in asking? Or are we not allowed to ask? But to explain it a bit clearer for you, I wanted to know if he had what I call the "Gotti Syndrome" the flashy clothes etc.
Once again Life try not to be offended. Salute.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763913
02/15/14 06:40 PM
02/15/14 06:40 PM
Philadelphia
ThatsLife215 Offline
Nobody
ThatsLife215  Offline
Nobody
Wiseguy
Philadelphia
Life51 I have no crush for Phil trust me. I'm mealy interested in getting to know what type of individual Leonetti was, not just as a mob guy but as a human being. Serp is someone who knows this person and I am asking questions. If you look at one post Serp posted he mentioned Phil dresses the part of gangster (turtle neck top, black jeans etc) and I understand from reading material that he liked good food and restaurants so I wanted to know more. There is no harm in asking? Or are we not allowed to ask? But to explain it a bit clearer for you, I wanted to know if he had what I call the "Gotti Syndrome" the flashy clothes etc.

Not offended at all. I would say he had more of the Sammy the bull syndrome if anything lol. All these rats have a sob story. I just have zero respect for any of them.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: ThatsLife215] #763924
02/15/14 09:56 PM
02/15/14 09:56 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida

Not offended at all. I would say he had more of the Sammy the bull syndrome if anything lol. All these rats have a sob story. I just have zero respect for any of them.

They all have a sob story cause they have to justify why thy killed 20 people and destroyed countless lives and ruined their own. But I must say that I just love hearing about it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763926
02/15/14 10:48 PM
02/15/14 10:48 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Joey Merlino is more of man than Phil Leonetti can never claim to be, that's a fact.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: SinatraClub] #763929
02/15/14 11:09 PM
02/15/14 11:09 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Joey Merlino is more of man than Phil Leonetti can never claim to be, that's a fact.

When it comes down to being a man's man and a stand up guy, yea I have to fully agree with ya. We will see when Joey is facing a real long term like Phil but it seems like he might take it and smile but who am I to say.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763933
02/15/14 11:34 PM
02/15/14 11:34 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
What I can't understand is why in Cosa Nostra, specially Philadelphia, are relatives of informants allowed to get straightened out, not shelfed and are allowed to control a family? (Dominic Grande, Joey Merlino come to mind) Aren't they supposed to be excluded? Can anyone name any others either in Phily or NY who's family member cooperated.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: PhillyMob] #763938
02/16/14 01:38 AM
02/16/14 01:38 AM
C
Curiosity Offline
Button
Curiosity  Offline
C
Button
I'd like to see the picture if you can find it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763952
02/16/14 09:40 AM
02/16/14 09:40 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Bean: And that goes om all the time.The thing that gets me is when you have to clip your cousin, or the boss has your brother or your father clipped. Then you have to still earn and act like all is good.I am not sure,There seems to be a whole lot of looking the other way when you are a associate or a soldier.

Last edited by Serpiente; 02/16/14 09:41 AM.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #763956
02/16/14 10:20 AM
02/16/14 10:20 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Bean: And that goes om all the time.The thing that gets me is when you have to clip your cousin, or the boss has your brother or your father clipped. Then you have to still earn and act like all is good.I am not sure,There seems to be a whole lot of looking the other way when you are a associate or a soldier.

I will never understand that Serp. The Ciangalini immediately come to mind. Total insanity.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Beanshooter] #763986
02/16/14 03:05 PM
02/16/14 03:05 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

I will never understand that Serp. The Ciangalini immediately come to mind. Total insanity.

Yea the Ciangalini brothers were on opposite factions and one got killed. Look at mad Sam Destefano and his brother Mario killed their youngest brother cause he got addicted to drugs. Then Mario and Tony Spilotro kill Sam. So two brothers were killed out of three and they were murdered by each other. That is fucking nuts lol.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: PhillyMob] #763995
02/16/14 04:25 PM
02/16/14 04:25 PM
P
philipbracci Offline OP
Button
philipbracci  Offline OP
P
Button
That was weird with the Chang brothers, their father must have been going out of his mind when they were fighting one another. There was another strange one: The Narducci kid's, Phil and Frank, they didn't do anything to avenge their own father's murder. Salvie Testa brought them in and told them he killed Chickie. All the mob guys at that time said it was unbelievable they didn't retaliate, and what was more weird was that they decided to work for Scarfo.

Hey Serp what do you think of Jason Cerbone playing Phil Leonetti in a film, if they ever made one? lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #763997
02/16/14 05:02 PM
02/16/14 05:02 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
The thing with the Ciancaglini brothers was a weird one.I think that somehow ''Chickie'' Ciancaglini and John favored Mikey Chang over Joey Chang.Supposetly Joey Merlino was getting advice during the ''Stanfa'' wars from his father Chuckie and Chickie even though they were in prison.Also when John got out in early 95 he was all in for the hit on Billy Veasey that Oct. to avenge Michael's killing.So basically Johnny Chang was aligned with the Merlino crew.Even though they[Merlino Crew] tried to kill his other brother ''Joey Chang'' at the Warfield Luncheonette Johnny Chang did nothing to seek revenge on the people responscible for that.I think a lot had to do with the fact that Joey Chang was with Stanfa and Michael was with Joey.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: PhillyMob] #764002
02/16/14 05:31 PM
02/16/14 05:31 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

When it comes down to being a man's man and a stand up guy, yea I have to fully agree with ya. We will see when Joey is facing a real long term like Phil but it seems like he might take it and smile but who am I to say.

Joey has already faced just as much time as leonetti he's been tried for multiple murders and altogether he's served a little over 20 years

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #764025
02/16/14 07:08 PM
02/16/14 07:08 PM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
Serpiente; reading the transcripts on Nick Jrs case and they make mention to him meeting with Joey Ciancaglini jr in 2007 in reference to recruiting to take over philly. A couple questions...is Joey even capable of backing anyone in his state? What would make Nicky think approaching Joe was a good idea? As far as I understood, Joe Chang was considered off limits and more or less in "good standing"?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #764027
02/16/14 07:11 PM
02/16/14 07:11 PM
Y
Youngbull Offline
Associate
Youngbull  Offline
Y
Associate

This happens all the time in the life. Not as much as it use to given technology,DNA and informants will all catch up with you.

Serp. were you really there when marie came to the bar. I believe some of your stories I've been reading over the past few weeks, but I feel like your embellishing some of them. No disrespect, I enjoy your posts.

Last edited by Youngbull; 02/16/14 07:15 PM.
Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: philipbracci] #764036
02/16/14 07:28 PM
02/16/14 07:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Young :only thing is i cant remember if she put something in her car on the way in Angelonis ,I know she stopped at her car , and if it was 3 or 2 boxes .Look dont know what to tell u, in A.C. Italian neighborhood was 3 or 4 blocks long it went from bay to ocean ,That is 4 or 5 blocks we all knew everything and everybody. And i knew her and her 3 sisters and 2 bros they lived 5 houses from me.I was right there.. And they r the stories i can tell,that is nothing.. not even scratching the surface... sorry bro lived it !

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #764043
02/16/14 07:46 PM
02/16/14 07:46 PM
P
philipbracci Offline OP
Button
philipbracci  Offline OP
P
Button
Serp

What was Nicky Sr like? It sounds like he picked faults with everybody he met, even Phil. I bet it was like walking on egg shells when u was around that guy?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull