GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 274 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joey merlino question #761688
02/03/14 06:53 PM
02/03/14 06:53 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
I know we're coming up to almost 3 years that he has been out. I wasn't sure if he was still on supervised release or was he completely down with all that stuff?

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761692
02/03/14 07:47 PM
02/03/14 07:47 PM
SW Philly, PA
Merlinofan1970 Offline
Wiseguy
Merlinofan1970  Offline
Wiseguy
SW Philly, PA
Good question. Not sure if when he left half-way house in FL if they put restrictions on him or not. Usually after u complete ur sentence and are released instead of paroled, they dont impose sanctions.

Loyalty is not a word, its a lifestyle.
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761693
02/03/14 07:49 PM
02/03/14 07:49 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
I believe it's over in march

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: thebigfella] #761711
02/03/14 10:13 PM
02/03/14 10:13 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Thanks for the feedback. I thought I heard that it was march that he got off but wasn't sure if it was last year or this year.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761714
02/03/14 10:52 PM
02/03/14 10:52 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
i'm sure they will be no less up his ass once his restrictions are up

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: RollinBones] #761718
02/03/14 11:29 PM
02/03/14 11:29 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
O yes you no they can't wait for one little mess up. If he shits wrong their gonna try and convict him.

But with the given gangster track record I don't think he is done with the family. Just bring a lot smarter than he was before but who knows.

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761763
02/04/14 01:19 PM
02/04/14 01:19 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Merlino and ligambi should just be advisors since the feds think thier bosses anyway, that way if thier bought up on charges they can say thier retired

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761894
02/04/14 11:15 PM
02/04/14 11:15 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
He's got guys that are like his brothers running the show, he don't need to do anything, there pumping him $$$ to stay in Florida, he's too hot.
If he really did the Scarfo shooting then he by far is the boss and a man that don't need to do anything to prove himself, it seems that was the day he started wearing the crown and all his guys love him for it, and how can't the older guys have some sort of respect for the kid?! He went after the biggest psychopath since al Capone, tried to kill his son knowing that Scarfo got respect from NY and ended up in jail (feds) a couple times and no one tried nothing on orders from Scarfo or any other mob guy connected to stanfa, so it shows who's boss!!
He's boss until they indict him or kill him!!

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Nice_Guy] #761897
02/04/14 11:39 PM
02/04/14 11:39 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: Nice_Guy
He's got guys that are like his brothers running the show, he don't need to do anything, there pumping him $$$ to stay in Florida, he's too hot.
If he really did the Scarfo shooting then he by far is the boss and a man that don't need to do anything to prove himself, it seems that was the day he started wearing the crown and all his guys love him for it, and how can't the older guys have some sort of respect for the kid?! He went after the biggest psychopath since al Capone, tried to kill his son knowing that Scarfo got respect from NY and ended up in jail (feds) a couple times and no one tried nothing on orders from Scarfo or any other mob guy connected to stanfa, so it shows who's boss!!

You make a very good point and im inclined to agree with you

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761898
02/04/14 11:47 PM
02/04/14 11:47 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Agree

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: SonnyL] #761900
02/04/14 11:49 PM
02/04/14 11:49 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
Originally Posted By: SonnyL

You make a very good point and im inclined to agree with you

Thank you my friends

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761902
02/04/14 11:57 PM
02/04/14 11:57 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Boss of what? Video Poker Machines?

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: LittleNicky] #761904
02/05/14 12:07 AM
02/05/14 12:07 AM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
LittleNicky-Boss of what? Video poker machines

Whoa we gotta sharp one here, I bet you took the little yellow bus to school?

U a cop?

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761907
02/05/14 12:38 AM
02/05/14 12:38 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
If he still is the boss which I do think he is. He must have used his time very wisely in jail and learned from all the other idiots. Himself being one of them in the 90's. Under the radar is the only way to be if your trying to stay unnoticed.
He is too known here in Philly and all over for that matter. He has no choice but to stay low key and play it off like it's all a normal life after the can.
I'm not saying walk around in your bath robe and mumble in Boca Raton, but be like Gigante not Gotti.
Everyone already knows who he is no need to flaunt now just collect $$$$$$$

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Merlinofan1970] #761912
02/05/14 01:13 AM
02/05/14 01:13 AM
P
PineBarrens Offline
Associate
PineBarrens  Offline
P
Associate
Originally Posted By: Merlinofan1970
Good question. Not sure if when he left half-way house in FL if they put restrictions on him or not. Usually after u complete ur sentence and are released instead of paroled, they dont impose sanctions.

A Philly Mafia icon, fresh out of prison, has set up housekeeping in Boca Raton. So what, exactly, is he up to?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/29/v-...l#storylink=cpy

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761916
02/05/14 02:08 AM
02/05/14 02:08 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida

..That would be fucking hilarious. But not in Boca...get Merlino a robe and tell him to walk up and down Broad Street talkin to himself and maybe pissing in the street....or on a fire hydrant. lol!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Right down broad st. To city hall with a Flyers jersey on underneath. Lol

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Nice_Guy] #761946
02/05/14 12:18 PM
02/05/14 12:18 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

U a cop?

Come on dude, Philly is no where near respectable when it comes to LCN. You can try to pump it up all you want but they just don't have the numbers or abilities to run anything large.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: LaLouisiane] #761948
02/05/14 12:34 PM
02/05/14 12:34 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

U a cop?

Come on dude, Philly is no where near respectable when it comes to LCN. You can try to pump it up all you want but they just don't have the numbers or abilities to run anything large.

Philly might not be as big as the other families and a little bit mor dysfunctional but I disagree with them not being able to do anything large. Especially with a lot of the guys being back on the street. Myself being a Local 1 member in Philly and my father being an agent for the international. The boys still have their hands in the unions. Philly unions are incredibly strong. That alone is on a large enough scale. For your statement to be wrong.

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: LaLouisiane] #761953
02/05/14 12:52 PM
02/05/14 12:52 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
To me what the Chin did for his last 20years was an embarrassment to the mob, they should of whacked him for playing that game, a real man would have fought his charge and not claim insanity just so he doesn't go to jail, u know real mafioso wanted him dead or gone instead of walking the streets pissing on himself, Whatta a disgrace. You know guys like Gotti and Scarfo were laughing at him in disgust, the guy became a joke.

I don't get why Philly guys are so hated on, they shoot, get shot, don't tell, Go to jail multiple times facing charges that can bring life sentences, some actually beat the charges and others get payed away and still don't tell, and they still smile laugh talk to the media and take pictures for Instagram lol these guys got balls.

Do I think they'll ever make money like Scarfo? Fuck no, but do I think that they can still make about 5g a week doing street things,for sure. Now a days you need to except making less but enough that your at lease saving a little bit! nowadays people making over a 100g a year are broke, you wanna know why? Cause the system is killing all of us that live off of 1 legit income, bills are outrageous, gas kills everyone, interest and everything else drains the working man so he's broke by the end of the month, so if you can make some tax free $ on the side without ending up in jail, god bless keep doing it. Everyone should and I bet everyone tries.

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761955
02/05/14 12:54 PM
02/05/14 12:54 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
People make me laugh when they try to say how many made members a family has or how much money they make, like every time they make somebody they call u on the phone, or ur a member of the adminastration to know how much money thier making, u can have only 5 members and still make a lot of money, the power is not in made men, the power is in associates, do u have any idea how Many associates is making major cash

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761956
02/05/14 01:02 PM
02/05/14 01:02 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
These philly guys will still make $ one way or another, the guys that say there done on here are just hoping they are, but you are wrong my friend.

People are kicking up to them just to associate wit em, these(Merlino crew) guys nowadays have it made, they did so much dirt back then they don't ever need to pick up a gun again, thanks to the media out there there all half ass celebrities, if I was them I'd do a reality show based on "X wise guys trying to go legit" I'd include all the wives and I think the American public would love it and the government would go nuts lollol, I wanna see the bad guys win lo!!

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: thebigfella] #761958
02/05/14 01:06 PM
02/05/14 01:06 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
People make me laugh when they try to say how many made members a family has or how much money they make, like every time they make somebody they call u on the phone, or ur a member of the adminastration to know how much money thier making, u can have only 5 members and still make a lot of money, the power is not in made men, the power is in associates, do u have any idea how Many associates is making major cash

Bigfella the people on here writing aren't from the street so they really have no idea what there talking about, especially the stupid "Family comments", that is so played out and I bet the only guys talking "family" is New York Goofs that are stuck in the Stone Age.
Your a 100% right with you can make $$$ wit a little crew, I'm glad someone wit street sense commented!!

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Nice_Guy] #761964
02/05/14 01:29 PM
02/05/14 01:29 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline OP
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline OP
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
To me what the Chin did for his last 20years was an embarrassment to the mob, they should of whacked him for playing that game, a real man would have fought his charge and not claim insanity just so he doesn't go to jail, u know real mafioso wanted him dead or gone instead of walking the streets pissing on himself, Whatta a disgrace. You know guys like Gotti and Scarfo were laughing at him in disgust, the guy became a joke.

I don't get why Philly guys are so hated on, they shoot, get shot, don't tell, Go to jail multiple times facing charges that can bring life sentences, some actually beat the charges and others get payed away and still don't tell, and they still smile laugh talk to the media and take pictures for Instagram lol these guys got balls.

Do I think they'll ever make money like Scarfo? Fuck no, but do I think that they can still make about 5g a week doing street things,for sure. Now a days you need to except making less but enough that your at lease saving a little bit! nowadays people making over a 100g a year are broke, you wanna know why? Cause the system is killing all of us that live off of 1 legit income, bills are outrageous, gas kills everyone, interest and everything else drains the working man so he's broke by the end of the month, so if you can make some tax free $ on the side without ending up in jail, god bless keep doing it. Everyone should and I bet everyone tries.

That's real talk right there my friend. Very well said.

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761969
02/05/14 01:49 PM
02/05/14 01:49 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
@phillymob
That's all that I post.
Thanks my friend

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761971
02/05/14 02:02 PM
02/05/14 02:02 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Except for all that bullshit about the chin, gotti and scarfo wouldnt have the balls to laugh at him. Everyone is always asking who the real boss of the genevese is, the truth is the chin still runs that shit from the grave.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Dellacroce] #761978
02/05/14 02:21 PM
02/05/14 02:21 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Except for all that bullshit about the chin, gotti and scarfo wouldnt have the balls to laugh at him. Everyone is always asking who the real boss of the genevese is, the truth is the chin still runs that shit from the grave.

Listen do I think the guy was a top leader in his prime? For sure, but can you imagine in the end what is was like for guys in his crew to walk around wit him acting coo coo? If your wit him you need to be an actor cause the Feds were all over him and you better be ready to win an oscar when he's doing all that stupid Uncle Junior shit, whoever was next in line shoulda stepped up and made the decision to whack him. The guys legacy went bad when he put on that show sorry to tell you that buddy.
Everyone in that life has to go at some point, and that was when it shoulda happen to him, if someone woulda stepped up and popped him right now you would be saying he's the baddest gangster walking!

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761986
02/05/14 02:45 PM
02/05/14 02:45 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Gigante wasnt castellano, you couldnt just whack him and take over, if someone were to take out gigante on sunday, by monday they would've found him in a trunk like that guyfrom philly(capinegro) but instead hundred dollar bills in their mouth it would be their balls lol. Gigantes antics kept him on the street far longer then a lot of his contemporaries, yeah he wound up dying in prison, but he died wealthy leaving a lot of money for his family. he was wealthy but wasnt a greedy boss and he was pure power thats what i believe is his real legacy is.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Joey merlino question [Re: Dellacroce] #761988
02/05/14 02:46 PM
02/05/14 02:46 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Don't bother with them Dellacroce, you've got two guys on here each with less than a hundred posts defending the LCN Philly guys like they are dating them and one actually claiming to know how their hands are in the unions. Same crap new posters.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #761994
02/05/14 03:02 PM
02/05/14 03:02 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
@dellacrocce I agree with you on what you think of the guy after u giving your reason.
As for @louisianaloser, so because I'm not on here posting on a daily basis what I say can't be true?
So another PM hater is here, what happen. R u a victim to these guys or something, I wanna know what you know??
Dating? U a fag saying shit like that??

Re: Joey merlino question [Re: PhillyMob] #762002
02/05/14 03:12 PM
02/05/14 03:12 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
This board sure attracts the brain dead. Holding up two of the worst mobsters in the last 50 years as heroes to emulate and bashing a guy who is likely the unanimous choice among experts of the sleekest, most successful boss during a period where the Feds were locking up everyone.

As for Philly, the last indictments and the Galati case should have made it clear the philly street gang is barely a functioning family. The best scams they have going are video poker machines and paying some moron 100 dollars a night to hit cars for the insurance work. That isn't to take away anything from uncle joe, who has been remarkably successful in staying on the streets. But this is no longer a vast criminal conspiracy, its a sports betting and video poker ring.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull