GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BarrettM, Irishman12), 297 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,798
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tessio and "the smart move" #51022
12/02/05 04:50 AM
12/02/05 04:50 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
We've had a few discussions regarding why Tessio chose to be a traitor (by going against Mike). I'm wondering if his previous experience had any bearing on his decision.

Puzo wrote that on New Year's Eve of 1933 Tessio got inside Maranzano's defenses (and killed him). The Maranzano lieutenants were anxious for a deal (and to make peace with the Corleones) and they lead Maranzano to the slaughter. (They told Maranzano that a meeting with Corleone was arranged in Brooklyn and they accompanied him to the restaurant where Tessio and his gunmen killed Maranzano).

Having gone through this is it possible that Tessio thought the plan would work again (against Mike)??

Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51023
12/02/05 05:02 AM
12/02/05 05:02 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Tessio was simply slippin' as his Don was. He did not believe in michael and just got desparate. The main point is that he chose to betray. How he did it is trivia. Tessio being a capo-regime would have arranged for dozens of murders(like the maranzano one). But he was not unique in that. Even Clemenza must have had experience in sneakily killing people. But his good fortune, he chose to stay loyal to michael smile

Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51024
12/04/05 01:07 PM
12/04/05 01:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by SC:

Having gone through this is it possible that Tessio thought the plan would work again (against Mike)??
I think that you bring up a very interesting point.

History does have a way of repeating itself, well in this case almost. lol

I would think that being Tessio was such a large part of a successful plan in taking our Maranzano, it is very likely that he figured that this type of plan would work again. Let's face it, it is human nature to stick with what works, and in this case Tessio probably went with a plan that had been very successful for him in the past.

Yes, I think that past history probably played a big role in Tessio's planning of how to set Michael up.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51025
12/05/05 02:49 PM
12/05/05 02:49 PM
Nyah Offline
Capo
Nyah  Offline
Capo
i was under the impression that he was not confident with michael's ability to maintain the power of the corleone family and was afraid of the consequences if that were the case... after all, he does have a family to provide for and the protection from the dangers that come with his "occupation"... as for what he's seen from his experiences on the job, that's just more notes to the strategy book to look back to for future references, but yes i would say that it's possible that tessio did go back to that tactic to trap michael...

The expression "paperless office" has now been officially defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as meaning "an office full of stuff, much of it paper, arranged in a higgledy-piggledy manner wherever it may lie".
Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51026
12/06/05 04:25 PM
12/06/05 04:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Given that an SOP of the Mafia is to kill anyone who is in the way or threatens it, Tessio's trying to take out Michael was a very practical solution to what Tessio perceived as a problem. That's the key though: perception. Tessio misperceived!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51027
12/15/05 02:04 PM
12/15/05 02:04 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QUOTE]...I would think that being Tessio was such a large part of a successful plan in taking our Maranzano, it is very likely that he figured that this type of plan would work again. Let's face it, it is human nature to stick with what works, and in this case Tessio probably went with a plan that had been very successful for him in the past....
And it WOULD have worked again. Except Tessio conveniently forgot that his Don Vito Corleone was a part of this history...and therefore would warn his son Michael of basically the exact same plan, initiated by a traitor he could supposedly count on for safety.

Incidentally...don't know why, but I loved that line about the guy dying with a mouthful of bread. I guess it provides an amusing mental picture.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Tessio and "the smart move" #51028
12/15/05 05:56 PM
12/15/05 05:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Sure it's possible, SC. It may not have been the primary motivation, but in anyone's life, nothing succeeds like success. Perhaps he did have it in mind when he made his deal with Barzini.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull