GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Captbony1999), 265 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,277
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: Toodoped] #761091
01/30/14 04:21 PM
01/30/14 04:21 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
When al capone was released from prison Wisconsin was his favorite hangout, that's where capone met with outfit memberers, al capone nephew once gave an interview saying he saw al capone sitting at a table with a bunch of outfit bigwigs and lots of food, al capone would also go to his mother house in chicago and meet with outfit figures there, there was actually coded messages over the phone leaving from al capones house to Chicago but the fbi never was able to decipher them, the fbi even interview his wife Mae capone but she wouldn't talk, after al capone was released from prison ralph capone was his messenger, that's y I don't believe guzik was kidnapped because al capone would never have stood for it

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: GaryMartin] #761097
01/30/14 04:45 PM
01/30/14 04:45 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: GaryMartin
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
The outfit in the 40 ' s is very ineresting, ralph capone was active in the 40 ' s but the info in scare on him, also I don't believe gusik was ever kiddnaped

BTW - I've been searching for info on Ralph Capone and I can't find much. Even looked in some FBI files and there's was very, very little info. I'll give it another try in a few days.

THeres a story that there was a little disruption between the gangs when Al went to jail and that Ralph played a major role in organzing them again.

During the 30's and 40's Ralph Capone spent a lot of time in Hurley,Wisconsin.It was the Outfits favorite place to relax,recreate,do busniess and hide.Maybe thats why theres not much info on him.

They had more than 200 saloons,brothels and gambling joints so Ralph owned alot of businesses over there.I even think that he died over there in a hospital,but im not sure.

I read where he went to Wisconsin, but info is sketchy. Didn't' know about all the saloons, brothels, etc. Thanks

Yes it was a famous Capone area since the 1920s called Silver Street in Hurley, Wisconsin

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: thebigfella] #761099
01/30/14 04:53 PM
01/30/14 04:53 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
When al capone was released from prison Wisconsin was his favorite hangout, that's where capone met with outfit memberers, al capone nephew once gave an interview saying he saw al capone sitting at a table with a bunch of outfit bigwigs and lots of food, al capone would also go to his mother house in chicago and meet with outfit figures there, there was actually coded messages over the phone leaving from al capones house to Chicago but the fbi never was able to decipher them, the fbi even interview his wife Mae capone but she wouldn't talk, after al capone was released from prison ralph capone was his messenger, that's y I don't believe guzik was kidnapped because al capone would never have stood for it

You could be right, maybe it didn't happen. I would agree that Capone would never allowed it, but in 1944 Capone was pretty much "out of it." Nitti died about a year earlier, and for the most part Ricca had been in charge for some time. Accardo was "subbing" for Ricca who got caught up in the Hollywood Extortion case. So it's hard to say about these things. And you could be right, maybe it didn't happen.

Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: Toodoped] #761104
01/30/14 05:25 PM
01/30/14 05:25 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
About the Hollywood extortion case, an outfit member by the name of nick cievella (probably misspelled his last name) was collecting the payments from the Hollywood producers, and for a reason I can't explain, ralph capone started collecting the payouts, but he was in ever indicted in the Hollywood extortion case

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: thebigfella] #761113
01/30/14 05:41 PM
01/30/14 05:41 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
About the Hollywood extortion case, an outfit member by the name of nick cievella (probably misspelled his last name) was collecting the payments from the Hollywood producers, and for a reason I can't explain, ralph capone started collecting the payouts, but he was in ever indicted in the Hollywood extortion case

Very odd how some outfit guys were charged and others walked.

Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: GaryMartin] #761381
02/01/14 01:40 PM
02/01/14 01:40 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

Very odd how some outfit guys were charged and others walked.

I know the Outfit had good connections in the Court system but i also think that some top figures were secret informants

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: Toodoped] #761423
02/01/14 08:00 PM
02/01/14 08:00 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Yeah, I believe someone was "talking."

Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: GaryMartin] #765640
02/26/14 12:03 AM
02/26/14 12:03 AM
Trapper Offline
Wiseguy
Trapper  Offline
Wiseguy
I agree in some respects, the young turks was pushing against the old guys because they felt like the old guys got rich and they was just sitting on thier money, not trying to explore new rackets or ruffle any feathers while the young guys was broke, "teets" was apart of the young turks, al capone had a lot of black friends and ordered his outfit to leave the black policy race teens alone, in those times the first murdered people all the time so what your saying is not far fetched, what do I know, I believe al capone had say so within the outfit right up to the day he died
@big fella Capone's brains were scrambled eggs from syphilis in his later years. In fact he was battling dementia.

Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: Toodoped] #765646
02/26/14 01:10 AM
02/26/14 01:10 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
I don't belive so, in an interview capones nephew (the son of his brother hart) admitted when he was a teenager he walked into a big outfit meeting with capone and all of the big wigs from chicago, they held meetings at the resort in wisconsin, capone got treatment after he was released from jail which made him close to normal, he was still able to conduct meetings, and the outfit sent him money until the day he died

Re: Chicago’s Gambling war 1940’s [Re: Toodoped] #765692
02/26/14 12:25 PM
02/26/14 12:25 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Back to the topic.....the war for control of the racing wire during this time frame fascinates me. Ragen was a dead man walking when he defied the Outfit, and it is surprising he lasted as long as he did.

There is a ton of testimony on the Race Wire war in the Kefauver hearings. In St. Louis, when Continental went away, Pioneer News became the new provider of race wire results.

An interesting legal battle began, because one of Pioneer's owners, William Molasky, was also a significant owner of Western Union, who owned the wire. There were attempts to cut off the phones and the wires at Pioneer, due to illegal activity, and the case went to district court, then circuit court and finally, the Missouri Supreme Court. It was appealed all the way to the US Supreme Court, who denied the petition to hear the case.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull