GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 222 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,935
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,923
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758486
01/13/14 04:37 PM
01/13/14 04:37 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Rand Paul is licking his chops. So are a slew of "unknown" Democrats who will run against Hillary.

I'm baffled when I come across liberals online who think Hillary will win the nomination easily in a slam dunk. Remember when she was simmilarly "unstoppable" in '08 before that black freshman Senator with a foreign name beat her? Sure this time she'll hire better political operatives (probably Obama's guys/gals) and she's not hamstrung by stuff like Iraq as she was in '08. But she's not invincible.

I think more than anything else, they're forgetting about the one big obstacle in her way: The Vice-President. After we've had 2-term completed administrations within the primary era of American politics, their Vice-Presidents have run for President, all winning their party's nomination.

Joe Biden previously ran 2 unsuccessful Presidential campaigns. You all really think he'll refuse to take advantage of his last, best chance at becoming President himself? I would be shocked if he doesn't run.(Notice that Hillary sometime back politely sniped at Biden for being against the President's decision to greenlight that raid which killed Bin Laden. She thinks he's running too.)

Still it would be interesting to see how the President would deal with this hypothetical primary. Both members of his administration, though one actually served both terms and Biden as VPs usually are has been a loyal hatchetman. Biden would expect Obama's support, but Hillary is a (theoretically) a much better candidate than Biden.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #758811
01/15/14 03:02 PM
01/15/14 03:02 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ok, you gotta admit this is hilarious. Jimmy Fallon with Bruce Springsteen. I continue to be amazed at how good Fallon is at impersonations.

Anyway, this is great: lol lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/15/14 03:03 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758816
01/15/14 04:02 PM
01/15/14 04:02 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Fantastic!

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #758846
01/15/14 05:43 PM
01/15/14 05:43 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
[
I think more than anything else, they're forgetting about the one big obstacle in her way: The Vice-President. After we've had 2-term completed administrations within the primary era of American politics, their Vice-Presidents have run for President, all winning their party's nomination.

Did you read this somewhere or arrive at the conclusion yourself?

the very last scenario which you described disproves what you're saying.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: getthesenets] #758949
01/16/14 01:40 PM
01/16/14 01:40 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

I dont think Biden would beat Hilary, and I do not think she is by any means a slam dunk. All you have to do is go back to 2008 when Obama came out of nowhere and cleaned her clock. Truth is she is a terrible campaigner, and she could lose the nominatioon and/or the general election. Personally I think Bill is more interested in her getting the job than she is. Like her or not, she has put in her entire adult life in public service..from the Watergate committee, to First Lady of Arkansas, to Firt Lady of the U.S. to United States Senator, to Presidential candidate to Secretary of State. She has every right to sit back and smell the flowers.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758953
01/16/14 01:52 PM
01/16/14 01:52 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I dont think Biden would beat Hilary, and I do not think she is by any means a slam dunk. All you have to do is go back to 2008 when Obama came out of nowhere and cleaned her clock. Truth is she is a terrible campaigner, and she could lose the nominatioon and/or the general election. Personally I think Bill is more interested in her getting the job than she is. Like her or not, she has put in her entire adult life in public service..from the Watergate committee, to First Lady of Arkansas, to Firt Lady of the U.S. to United States Senator, to Presidential candidate to Secretary of State. She has every right to sit back and smell the flowers.

I recently had the same discussion - Hillary is an awful campaigner. Especially considering that she is married to one of the best campaigners of the past 30 years. Plus she is getting old and will have a tough time convincing some voters because of her age.

Biden is in much the same position Al Gore was in heading into 2000. Gore was trying to distance himself from the Clinton affair scandal, which is not as bad as Biden trying to get out from the poor presidency of Obama. Gore was a vanilla personality and didn't use Clinton enough IMO, but Biden is going to be associated with many of the failures of his boss' term, from health care to Benghazi.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: goombah] #758956
01/16/14 01:57 PM
01/16/14 01:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: goombah

I recently had the same discussion - Hillary is an awful campaigner. Especially considering that she is married to one of the best campaigners of the past 30 years. Plus she is getting old and will have a tough time convincing some voters because of her age.

Biden is in much the same position Al Gore was in heading into 2000. Gore was trying to distance himself from the Clinton affair scandal, which is not as bad as Biden trying to get out from the poor presidency of Obama. Gore was a vanilla personality and didn't use Clinton enough IMO, but Biden is going to be associated with many of the failures of his boss' term, from health care to Benghazi.

Both rational posts. I agree a hundred percent.

Welcome back, Goom. Go Browns! lol lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: goombah] #758957
01/16/14 01:58 PM
01/16/14 01:58 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

s Senator, to Presidential candidate to Secretary of State. She has every right to sit back and smell the flowers.

many of the failures of his boss' term, from health care to Benghazi. [/quote]

I am not prepared to call these "failures." Benghazi was a failure by the CIA Militaty and State Dept. But it was only four deaths (not like 9/11 which was a real security failure) he Benghazi thing is mostly a right wing hatchet job. As for health care, the jury is out. No way wil there ever be "pre-existing conditions" exist, nor will lifetime caps on expenditures. They wont get 7 million by March but if they get 5 and there is some tweaking, healthcare is going to work out.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: goombah] #758962
01/16/14 02:19 PM
01/16/14 02:19 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

I remember in 08 one of the drawbacks to McCain before he picked Palin and made a number of other mistakes was his age which was 72 at the time. Hilary will be 68 when this next election rolls around and it will work against her. Throw in the fact she's not the greatest campaigner it's tougher than everyone thinks. That being said I think she still has a shot.

I just can't see Biden winning nor do I want him to. I can tolerate him as a VP he's by no means a stupid man, but the guy has no tact and he doesn't know when to shut his mouth. The shit he's said over the years makes me want to either laugh or fall out of my chair in embarrassment. I don't think he has the grace or the overall ability to take the helm of this country

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: pizzaboy] #758975
01/16/14 04:19 PM
01/16/14 04:19 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Both rational posts. I agree a hundred percent.

Welcome back, Goom. Go Browns! lol lol

Go Browns is the most insulting thing you've ever said to me, Pizzaboy! wink

Right now, their reputation is lower than crocodile piss... lol

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: goombah] #759050
01/17/14 08:53 AM
01/17/14 08:53 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Go Browns is the most insulting thing you've ever said to me, Pizzaboy! wink

Right now, their reputation is lower than crocodile piss... lol

Amen to that!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759057
01/17/14 11:41 AM
01/17/14 11:41 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
David Wildstein, whom Christie had appointed to a position on the Port authority, and who had refused to answer questions last week before a legislative committee investigating the scandal, has apparently through counsel offered to speak completely and openly if full immunity is offered.

Christie leaves NJ today for Florida for political fundraisers.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759064
01/17/14 12:12 PM
01/17/14 12:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
MSNBC pointed out that several top members of Rudolph Giuliani's presidential campaign staff ended up working as top officials of Christie's campaign. Also, Giuliani's assistant US Attorney has been hired by Christie to represent his interests.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: olivant] #759130
01/17/14 02:57 PM
01/17/14 02:57 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: olivant
MSNBC pointed out that several top members of Rudolph Giuliani's presidential campaign staff ended up working as top officials of Christie's campaign. Also, Giuliani's assistant US Attorney has been hired by Christie to represent his interests.

Thats a mistake. Rudy was good at a lot of things but one of them was never assuaging his enemies.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759139
01/17/14 03:25 PM
01/17/14 03:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TRENTON, N.J. — The former appointee of Gov. Chris Christie who directed lane closures that backed up traffic for hours in one New Jersey town is reiterating that he is ready to share more information if he can be granted immunity from prosecution.

Meanwhile, 17 other people and three organizations are being issued subpoenas as lawmakers try to learn exactly how the September lane closures on an approach to the George Washington Bridge from the community of Fort Lee happened and why.

David Wildstein, whom Christie appointed to a position in the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, has already supplied a legislative committee with the most damning documents in the case so far, including an email from a Christie aide saying it was "time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," a sign that the lane-closing plot was hatched by Christie's aides as a political vendetta.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: olivant] #759183
01/17/14 05:56 PM
01/17/14 05:56 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Has Hillary even announced that she's running? And don't you think she's to old for the job?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Mignon] #759218
01/17/14 08:54 PM
01/17/14 08:54 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Has Hillary even announced that she's running? And don't you think she's to old for the job?

There have been older candidates. ...She hasn't announced it, but she's running. wink

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: olivant] #759219
01/17/14 08:56 PM
01/17/14 08:56 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

TRENTON, N.J. — The former appointee of Gov. Chris Christie who directed lane closures that backed up traffic for hours in one New Jersey town is reiterating that he is ready to share more information if he can be granted immunity from prosecution.

Meanwhile, 17 other people and three organizations are being issued subpoenas as lawmakers try to learn exactly how the September lane closures on an approach to the George Washington Bridge from the community of Fort Lee happened and why.

David Wildstein, whom Christie appointed to a position in the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, has already supplied a legislative committee with the most damning documents in the case so far, including an email from a Christie aide saying it was "time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," a sign that the lane-closing plot was hatched by Christie's aides as a political vendetta.

I have a feeling Wildstein is gonna get immunity, and sing like a canary.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Just Lou] #759255
01/18/14 11:35 AM
01/18/14 11:35 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Just Lou

I have a feeling Wildstein is gonna get immunity, and sing like a canary.

The authorities will first have to determine whether Wildstein's potential level of culpability is outweighed by the value of the information and the uniqueness and credibility of the source, and whether such information may be obtained through other avenues.

I agree with you that some tyope of deal will be reached, and he'll let loose with what he knows. He realizes that once he agrees to speak, withholding information can get him into far greater trouble than shutting down the traffic lanes for political reasons.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: klydon1] #759274
01/18/14 03:59 PM
01/18/14 03:59 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: klydon1

The authorities will first have to determine whether Wildstein's potential level of culpability is outweighed by the value of the information and the uniqueness and credibility of the source, and whether such information may be obtained through other avenues.

I agree with you that some tyope of deal will be reached, and he'll let loose with what he knows. He realizes that once he agrees to speak, withholding information can get him into far greater trouble than shutting down the traffic lanes for political reasons.

In this case, it appears that the lies, cover-up, and motivation are worse than the crime itself. I doubt Wildstein or any of the major players would be charged with very serious crimes anyway. All indications are that this is going to eventually lead directly into the governor's office. We'll find out how loyal the people around Christie really are, and whether or not they're willing to continue to lie and take the fall for him.

I'm hoping this ends with Christie doing his best Jack Nicholson impersonation from a "A Few Good Men". wink

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759489
01/20/14 06:26 PM
01/20/14 06:26 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
And now the mayor of Hoboken is saying that Lt Gov. Guadagno threatened to hold back Sandy funds unless Hoboken approved a new building project. Ah, the cream is rising to the top and the worms are crawling out of the wood work.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: MaryCas] #759602
01/21/14 04:55 PM
01/21/14 04:55 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

A month ago Christie was the next savior after the demise of the past savior Obama, who came after the former savior Bush. As I have said before, nothing changes except the swines at the trough.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Mignon] #759603
01/21/14 04:57 PM
01/21/14 04:57 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Mignon

She has not announced, and I am not all that sure she will. I think Bill wants it more than she does. She is a terrible campaigner, and I think she is certainly capable to be president. Personally I would like to see her run with a moderate republican and have a one term pledge in the interest of national unity.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759609
01/21/14 05:36 PM
01/21/14 05:36 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
A month ago Christie was the next savior after the demise of the past savior Obama, who came after the former savior Bush. As I have said before, nothing changes except the swines at the trough.

I've heard George W. Bush called many things. But "savior" was never one of them. wink

I agree - same old b.s. from these politicians. This country has been bitterly divided politically since the 2000 election and it's not getting fixed any time soon.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759714
01/22/14 03:05 PM
01/22/14 03:05 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Christie's approval rating down 19 points in NJ from when he was reelected in November according to a new poll today.

"Christie's approval rating among New Jersey voters, at 65 percent just before he was re-elected last year, dipped to 46 percent favorable to 43 percent unfavorable, according to the Rutgers-Eagleton Poll."

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759734
01/22/14 05:30 PM
01/22/14 05:30 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I admit I am also disappointed in Christie. If he was not directly involved in any of this he at least should've had more control over his staff

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759743
01/22/14 06:01 PM
01/22/14 06:01 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I knew he was a vindictive bully before he even became governor. Back in 2009, he sought the endorsement of one of the NJ Public Employees Unions. When he didn't get it, he told their president (who I know): "I won't forget this". In 2012 when they went to negotiate a new contract, he wouldn't even meet with them, and he outsourced all their jobs.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Just Lou] #759747
01/22/14 06:55 PM
01/22/14 06:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I knew he was a vindictive bully before he even became governor. Back in 2009, he sought the endorsement of one of the NJ Public Employees Unions. When he didn't get it, he told their president (who I know): "I won't forget this". In 2012 when they went to negotiate a new contract, he wouldn't even meet with them, and he outsourced all their jobs.

I've heard a few similar allegations before. I admit openly that I didn't like Christie from Day One. His brash and arrogant manner is a complete turnoff. I'll also admit that I started to question my own dislike of him last year (after seeing him during Hurricane Sandy). Regardless, I am now back to my original dislike of this gasbag.

Television should be interesting for the near future.... the Super Bowl, the Olympics and watching the inevitable attacks on Chris Christie by his opponents. Gonna be a lot of cheering coming up from my apartment.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: SC] #759752
01/22/14 07:17 PM
01/22/14 07:17 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
Television should be interesting for the near future.... the Super Bowl, the Olympics and watching the inevitable attacks on Chris Christie by his opponents. Gonna be a lot of cheering coming up from my apartment.

game takes place in East RutherforD, NJ this year

The Superbowl logo features..........

wait for it

the G W Bridge

Last edited by getthesenets; 01/22/14 07:18 PM.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #759757
01/22/14 07:34 PM
01/22/14 07:34 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I really don't know whether or not I like Christie. I am not a fanboy. In my humble opinion he cannot yet be held responsible for the traffic jam unless someone comes up with proof that he was involved. A good leader cannot possibly know everything that goes on with a subordinate. You can carefully screen them and follow up on them but when one does something totally unpredictable, all you can do is react - which Christie did by firing the individual and starting an investigation. Fat Joe Massino thought he had total control of everyone and everything in the Bonnano family. Apparently he didn't as Vinnie Basciano committed several unapproved murders. Subordinates will sometimes do things unpredictable to try to impress the boss thinking they will get brownie points

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull