GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 153 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,292
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra #756469
12/31/13 02:27 PM
12/31/13 02:27 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
50 years have passed since Joe Valachi revealed to the world the existence of La Cosa Nostra. Only I would ask those who are more experienced than me, if the guilt at the end don't was of Genovese.
He wanted the Apalachin meeting, and was always giving him the kiss of death to Joe Valachi believing that he had betrayled him, without having the evidence.
Valachi even if he was a low level soldier of the family, would certainly not spoken, until after he had killed a thief mistaking him for a gunman, he had faced to choose to the risk of be whacked in prison by the Genovese men or to finish on the electric chair.

what is your opinion?

I think if the Genoese hadn't been so eager to become capo dei capi, Apalachin and the betrayal of Valachi wouldn't have happened.

Re: Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra [Re: furio_from_naples] #756482
12/31/13 02:50 PM
12/31/13 02:50 PM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
why was genovese around so long? from what I understand...none of the other top guys at the time really liked him at all.

anybody able to expand on this as well?

Re: Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra [Re: furio_from_naples] #756491
12/31/13 03:02 PM
12/31/13 03:02 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Genovese was as heavy as you could get. Simply put, guys were afraid of him. The bosses who weren't big on him (Costello, Anastasia) were muscled out and the remainder (Lucchese, Bonanno, Profaci) didn't necessarily care what Vito did as long as he stayed out of their respective families. Lansky, despite what some say to the contrary, was finished as a shot-caller now that Lucky and friends were out of the picture. Gambino owed his spot to Vito (if you follow that line of thinking) so he backed him for the initial period of his reign.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra [Re: furio_from_naples] #756597
01/01/14 02:08 PM
01/01/14 02:08 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Yes,but do you think that if Genovese don't want to whacked Valachi without proof, Valachi will became a rat or take his mouth shout ?

Re: Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra [Re: furio_from_naples] #756608
01/01/14 03:42 PM
01/01/14 03:42 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Yes,but do you think that if Genovese don't want to whacked Valachi without proof, Valachi will became a rat or take his mouth shout ?

I don't think Valachi would have ratted without the murder rap hanging over his head. I think his motivation was to avoid death-row, getting revenge on Genovese was just the cherry on the top.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Vito Genovese damage to La Cosa Nostra [Re: furio_from_naples] #756631
01/01/14 06:28 PM
01/01/14 06:28 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Vito Genovese was around so long cause he was a ruthless killer and at the time of him being boss, he had about eight crews that had reputations of being stoned cold killers. Bonanno and Profaci did not mind Genovese as long as he did not interfere with their families. Gambino and Lucchese backed Vito up. Genovese and Lucchese relationship can be traced all the way back to the Castellammarese war. Genovese ordered the meeting, but it was Magaddino who tapped Barbara to have it at his place against the protest of some of his underlings as well as Barbara himself and a few other bosses such as John Alito of Milwaukee, the California bay area bosses, so you have to lay most of the blame at Magaddino for damaging LCN.

Near the end of Genovese time as boss, many of his top men in the crime family and capo's were disfranchised by Vito's orders from inside the prison, and were secretly recorded by the FBI planning on have Genovese killed once he was out of prison. The Apalachin meeting and his handling of Valachi had made Vito lose a lot of face to the other LCN bosses.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull