GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 67 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,817
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What do we kow about the Rizzuto 'Crime Family'? #756052
12/28/13 08:42 PM
12/28/13 08:42 PM
JoeTheBoss Offline OP
Button
JoeTheBoss  Offline OP
Button
We know alot about the man but as far as i can tell next to nothing about his organization. Does it have LCN structure? If so, whose who? Whose next in line? and so forth..

Last edited by JoeTheBoss; 12/28/13 09:13 PM.

"Goodfellas don't sue Goodfellas....Goodfellas kill Goodfellas." - Salvatore Profaci
Re: What do we kow about the Rizzuto 'Crime Family'? [Re: JoeTheBoss] #756143
12/29/13 03:45 PM
12/29/13 03:45 PM
JoeTheBoss Offline OP
Button
JoeTheBoss  Offline OP
Button
i guess we silll know nothing.. lol

"Goodfellas don't sue Goodfellas....Goodfellas kill Goodfellas." - Salvatore Profaci
Re: What do we kow about the Rizzuto 'Crime Family'? [Re: JoeTheBoss] #756173
12/29/13 06:47 PM
12/29/13 06:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: JoeTheBoss
We know alot about the man but as far as i can tell next to nothing about his organization. Does it have LCN structure? If so, whose who? Whose next in line? and so forth..

There's been a lot of debate on the forums about this. On one end of the spectrum are those who see the Rizzutos are still simply the Montreal-based crew of the Bonanno family. On the other end are those who see the Rizzutos as it's own criminal organization that not only dominates Montreal but is international in scope and is more powerful than any mob family in the U.S.

I tend to think neither extreme is true. Is does seem the Rizzutos broke away from the Bonannos after the late 1990's, though there is apparently still some connection between the two. But, as I said recently in another thread, many people make the mistake of equating the Rizzutos with all of Montreal organized crime.

There is apparently an inner circle of Rizzuto family members and their extended family. Some of these are members of the Bonanno family, others aren't. Beyond that are people allied with them - other Sicilian Mafia members, 'Ndrangheta clans, American LCN members, generic Italian drug traffickers, etc. Beyond that are other groups like the Hells Angels, Chinese gangsters, street gangs, etc. The question is, who of the above could be considered part of the "Rizzuto Organization."

Even if the Rizzutos did/do have something like the pyramid structure we see in American LCN families, it would be hard to make a chart right now. Virtually all the guys who were in the upper hierarchy only a few years ago are either dead or in prison at the moment. Obviously someone has to take over, either temporarilly or permanently, now that Vito is dead but I don't think anyone knows who that is yet.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull