GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, RushStreet, Ciment), 190 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,693
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal #754292
12/19/13 01:41 PM
12/19/13 01:41 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/laval-shooting-related-to-organized-crime-police-1.1599463

Funny, I was just thinking that things had been quiet up there for a little while, nevermind!

Roger Valiquette is the victim.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754296
12/19/13 01:52 PM
12/19/13 01:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

is the last name Italian or French? also is vito the last lcn member alive up there im not talk the camorra or nghretta cant spell the last one. wonder if he makes guys in.

Last edited by pmac; 12/19/13 01:54 PM.
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754299
12/19/13 02:01 PM
12/19/13 02:01 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
It's like the 80s up there lol

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754301
12/19/13 02:11 PM
12/19/13 02:11 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
I believe Vito, Rocco Sollecito, Vincenzo DiMaulo, Domenico Manno, Francesco Arcadi, Tony Mucci, Antonio Volpato, Emmanuelle Ragusa and possibly some Cotroni's still are Bonnano members

Last edited by TonyBoy117; 12/19/13 02:12 PM.
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754303
12/19/13 02:19 PM
12/19/13 02:19 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Vito is at it again , I bet desjardins is happy he is locked up , he will be top of rizzutos hit list

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: domwoods74] #754313
12/19/13 02:44 PM
12/19/13 02:44 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
I'd be interested to know, from people in the know about Montreal, is this all connected to Rizzuto killing people for betraying him?

With so many OC connected murders lately up there it makes me wonder , maybe this "whole getting back at Desjardins" theory is wrong and something else is going on… I mean why all the risk just to prove a point? I guess he did kill his father and son and Rizzuto just does not give a F.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: moneyman] #754321
12/19/13 02:53 PM
12/19/13 02:53 PM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
If he's like the mafiosi back in Italy then I reckon it is simply as you stated, because his family were wiped out and like any down to heart Italian mafioso would definitely want to get back at the people responsible.

The Americans don't even kill rats anymore, I mean I really think although it may benefit them in the long run, it does set a bad example. In Italy you wouldn't hear of any mafia letting something like that happen and just forget about it.

Last edited by Antonio; 12/19/13 02:54 PM.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: pmac] #754325
12/19/13 02:59 PM
12/19/13 02:59 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
is the last name Italian or French? also is vito the last lcn member alive up there im not talk the camorra or nghretta cant spell the last one. wonder if he makes guys in.

Valiquette is very French. He was an associate of Desjardins. It's been mentioned countless times in the past that Montreal has at the very least distanced itself from their Bonanno affiliation. They are definitely there own family at this point in operation.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: moneyman] #754327
12/19/13 03:03 PM
12/19/13 03:03 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: moneyman
I'd be interested to know, from people in the know about Montreal, is this all connected to Rizzuto killing people for betraying him?

With so many OC connected murders lately up there it makes me wonder , maybe this "whole getting back at Desjardins" theory is wrong and something else is going on… I mean why all the risk just to prove a point? I guess he did kill his father and son and Rizzuto just does not give a F.

Because of the laws (particularly a lack of RICO in Canada), the 'risk' you ask about is a whole lot less than in the U.S.
I think that this is definitely Vito adopting a scorched earth policy to anyone who tried to hurt his family and organization. He is getting guys everywhere, Gallo in Mexico, Calauti in Ontario (rumored to be the gunman that killed his father), Joe Bravo in Italy, Ponytail in prison(unless he took the cyanide on purpose, which is possible, and you can technically blame that on Vito as well). This, at the very least, sends a very powerful message not to f$$$ with his organization while he is living and will cause people to think twice before trying something like that again.

Last edited by mike68; 12/19/13 03:04 PM.
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754339
12/19/13 03:37 PM
12/19/13 03:37 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
Good points, Rizzuto must have a ton of shooters behind him- wonder when this will end- rico or not this is a huge body count. If you had to guess, do you think Rizzuto will be arrested or killed? The guy seems untouchable right now.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754357
12/19/13 04:56 PM
12/19/13 04:56 PM
Baltimore, MD
F
ForgettableName Offline
Wiseguy
ForgettableName  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Baltimore, MD
Canada's organized crime laws are a joke, I'd bet he ends up getting busted maybe one more time and at most does a couple years. If he retires in comfort wouldn't be shocked in the least. If I had to guess I'd say eventually the family control gets passed down to his son Leonardo,(Although apparently he has another living son Sebastiano "Lucky" Rizzuto) with people like Francsco Del Balso, Lorenzo Giordano, and Rocco Sollecito's sons serving as the council.

Of course theirs always the possibility that Dominic and Giuseppe Violi as well as the rest of the Calabrians take another shot, but at this point I can't see it happening.

The name is forgettable, I hope the posts are not.
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754684
12/21/13 11:52 AM
12/21/13 11:52 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
I would not want to be one of Desjardins friends or family. Rizzuto is taking out EVERYONE! I seriously doubt its all coincidental.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754689
12/21/13 12:09 PM
12/21/13 12:09 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
This is not coincidental.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: Scalish] #754692
12/21/13 12:33 PM
12/21/13 12:33 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
It will probably never happen, but I would love to see Desjardins flip.

[Linked Image]
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: moneyman] #754693
12/21/13 01:08 PM
12/21/13 01:08 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss

Good points, Rizzuto must have a ton of shooters behind him- wonder when this will end- rico or not this is a huge body count. If you had to guess, do you think Rizzuto will be arrested or killed? The guy seems untouchable right now.

moneyman:

You and I may never have another exchange here in the future, so let me express now how refreshing it is to read your posts in this thread. You are sensible. You show the humility necessary to try to understand the violence that both preceded and followed Vito Rizzuto's release from prison. You ask questions rather than assert that each new murder victim in the Montreal area and elsewhere was on Vito Rizzuto's "revenge" list of targets.

Living in Toronto, I feel I'm half a world away from Montreal; feel I'm years away from truly understanding the Montreal mob war. There are a lot of what I like to call headscratchers regarding this war.

A recent case in point: the newest victim, Roger Valiquette, was said to have had close ties to Tonino Callocchia, the man who survived a murder attempt in Laval (immediately north of Montreal) on February 1 of this year. Callocchia was reported to be the brother-in-law of the imprisoned Vincenzo Armeni, a major Calabrian drug trafficker based in the Montreal area who commands a lot of respect in the Montreal underworld for various reasons, including being the nephew of Giuseppe Armeni. Valiquette was considered to be a close associate of Raynald Desjardins. On May 9 of this year, Callocchia was arrested for threatening a woman close to Desjardins. Last month, on November 24, visitation appears to have taken place at the Rizzuto-clan-owned funeral home in Montreal for Ernesta Alvaro Armeni, the mother of Vincenzo Armeni. Vincenzo Armeni's father also appears to have been shown at this funeral home in late December 2006. The death notices for Vincenzo Armeni's parents suggest that Callocchia is not his brother-in-law.

There are many more of these headscratchers.

The reality is that no poster on here entirely knows the motives behind the murders, attempted murders, and kidnappings of the last few years. A sizable majority of us, including me, have followed the war by reading current newspaper articles and the Mafia inc. book published in the Fall of 2010, as well as the book's epilogue published 10 months later. The problem is, you can't claim to understand what is truly going on in this war unless you make the extra effort to find other sources of information, such as the Quebec government's ongoing inquiry into corruption in the construction industry, pronouncements in the media (TV, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) by organized-crime experts, journalists, and authors, older newspaper articles and books, and books and articles that are about another subject (hint: Canadian outlaw bikers and gangs) but yield some significant information about Italian-Canadian crime figures and groups. You also have to challenge and question a lot of what you read, which includes noting when organized-crime experts, journalists, and authors are inconsistent in their interviews, reporting, etc. The Mafia inc. book had so many insights when I first read it, but I now realize the book has too many errors in it for me to consider it a highly valuable contribution to the literature of Canadian organized crime -- the book is still important, but my biggest gripe is that it was not solidly researched.

I don't have any doubt that Rizzuto has ordered the murders of some of the victims who have been killed since he got out last October. If one article from this past Thursday is correct, Rizzuto had Valiquette in his sights because Valiquette and Callocchia had taken over territory that Rizzuto wants back.

You are right to question whether Rizzuto is an untouchable. He isn't. No one is. To believe otherwise is pure foolishness.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754734
12/21/13 05:20 PM
12/21/13 05:20 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yes I think Rizzuto was involved.

Desjardins is a dead man walking if he ever gets out.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754743
12/21/13 06:17 PM
12/21/13 06:17 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
damn, would it be fair to say vito is the most powerful boss in north america?

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754814
12/22/13 04:32 AM
12/22/13 04:32 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@anti mafia:

Very good post. Informative. My thanks.

Though in clarification of your final words, no Vito is not untouchable. But that's not the question which should be asked. The question should be 'who is most untouchable?' And that, well the answer there is almost rhetorical.

Vito is the power, and independent of NY. And though the politics is a combination of the 8 odd Calabrian Ndrangheta clans in Toronto, Italy and Vito's independent family in Montreal, several points are now clear.
Vito is the boss and his conduit to Italy to move cocaine is in his power with the acquiescence and servitude of the Toronto Calabrian clans.

The blood letting is directly or indirectly a settling of scores and reaffirmation of Vito's consolidation of power.

The best hope at a light on the situation is Reynald rolls over. And if he's smart he will as jail nor free air is beyond Vito's reach of retribution.

And regarding whether Vito is the most powerful boss in NA? I think there's little doubt. Vito's international connections, Italian, South American etc, his consolidation of absolute power in Montreal with the acceptance of the Calabrian factions in Montreal, the literal 100's of millions he directly controls with the drug pipe line and a monopoly of construction in Quebec? I don't even see it as a question.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 12/22/13 04:34 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #754849
12/22/13 11:10 AM
12/22/13 11:10 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
Great posts everybody. This stuff is so bonkers, hard to conceptualize as an American, it's like a movie.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #754900
12/22/13 05:57 PM
12/22/13 05:57 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Sonny I agree. As far as the "underworld" I think yes Vito is untouchable at this point. He just has too much support to be clipped even though his son and father and brother in law are gone. That shows his power, his whole family (the higher ups I mean) were either killed or switched sides and he STILL came out of prison on top and proved it after Di Maulo was executed in his driveway. The rest of the story has shown in the news how it turned out.

In terms of taking Vito down in the governments eye will all hinge on Raynald, if he flips it will get interesting. But with all the laws in Canada being so weak he could probably be out in 10 even if pegged with murder. It all depends on the evidence against him and who actually pulled the trigger. Honestly I'd like to see what happens if he got out of prison. I think he's a dead man walking if he ever gets out. I think if he doesn't beat this case or if he gets a big sentence then we might see the heat get turned up on Vito.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: antimafia] #755680
12/27/13 01:29 AM
12/27/13 01:29 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
[snip]

A recent case in point: the newest victim, Roger Valiquette, was said to have had close ties to Tonino Callocchia, the man who survived a murder attempt in Laval (immediately north of Montreal) on February 1 of this year. Callocchia was reported to be the brother-in-law of the imprisoned Vincenzo Armeni, a major Calabrian drug trafficker based in the Montreal area who commands a lot of respect in the Montreal underworld for various reasons, including being the nephew of Giuseppe Armeni. Valiquette was considered to be a close associate of Raynald Desjardins. On May 9 of this year, Callocchia was arrested for threatening a woman close to Desjardins. Last month, on November 24, visitation appears to have taken place at the Rizzuto-clan-owned funeral home in Montreal for Ernesta Alvaro Armeni, the mother of Vincenzo Armeni. Vincenzo Armeni's father also appears to have been shown at this funeral home in late December 2006. The death notices for Vincenzo Armeni's parents suggest that Callocchia is not his brother-in-law.

There are many more of these headscratchers.
[snip]

Two days ago (December 24), Daniel Renaud of La Presse compiled a list of individuals who are potential candidates to replace Vito Rizzuto -- see http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/4d61-a978-52b8a8da-8089-38adac1c6068%7C.rwjAIzX.m-j.html.

Earlier this year, when Renaud wrote about the failed murder attempt on Tonino Callocchia's life on February 1, Renaud identified Callocchia as someone who sources had said was one of a number of individuals who had sided against Rizzuto. Now Callocchia is seen as a successor to Vito.

Hmm.

#MontrealMafia #headscratcher

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: Wilson101] #755722
12/27/13 10:00 AM
12/27/13 10:00 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
It's like the 80s up there lol

Funny you say that I said the same thing to my brother when we were talking about what's been going on up there in Montreal. Kind of fascinating when you consider what Antonio said because he's right, the Americans don't even kill rats anymore this day in age. But Canada, fuckin a. Vito took out as many of his enemies and those who betrayed him as he could before he passed, and I highly doubt he was finished. Like a narrator in a Rizzuto documentary said the Rizzutos were true mafiosi who believed deeply in the Sicilian tradition of LCN. Nothing like the majority of the American mobsters of today. Very interesting.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #758618
01/14/14 01:01 PM
01/14/14 01:01 PM
J
JohnnyFreakinxmas Offline
Associate
JohnnyFreakinxmas  Offline
J
Associate
Desjardins Prison Break Attempts

It seems Desjardins was itching to get out. I wonder if he is more relaxed now that Vito is flying with the angels.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-underworld-prison-break-plot-uncovered-1.1635709

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: JohnnyFreakinxmas] #758625
01/14/14 01:14 PM
01/14/14 01:14 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JohnnyFreakinxmas
Desjardins Prison Break Attempts

It seems Desjardins was itching to get out. I wonder if he is more relaxed now that Vito is flying with the angels.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-underworld-prison-break-plot-uncovered-1.1635709

Those knuckleheads must have just watched the Sons of Anarchy season finale. After what went down with Ponytail, he may have felt more safe on the lam than behind bars.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #758676
01/14/14 05:36 PM
01/14/14 05:36 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I think this is why the article a few weeks back that had the guards worried about transporting him. Now we know why.

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: antimafia] #759904
01/23/14 02:45 PM
01/23/14 02:45 PM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: antimafia
[quote=antimafia][snip]

Earlier this year, when Renaud wrote about the failed murder attempt on Tonino Callocchia's life on February 1, Renaud identified Callocchia as someone who sources had said was one of a number of individuals who had sided against Rizzuto. Now Callocchia is seen as a successor to Vito.

Hmm.

#MontrealMafia #headscratcher

This Tanino Callocchia angle is definitely interesting. The only thing I could find on Callocchia before the shooting was he was shortly mentioned in the Colisee indictment.

"Balso explains that Saturday , a Tony Callocchia sent him a message and told him that there were problems. He then mentioned the name Pietro , then said Lorenzo followed by " there are problems ." He then issue Colombians
Toronto. Later ARCADI request confirmation that Callocchia called and said DEL balso to the " stuff " was here. Later , he asks where it is claimed that Callocchia and DEL balso meets the third said he had put inside . ARCADI said, and this guy has not sent DEL balso confirms that it has not sent. Further , DEL balso said the word proof tracking get the papers. it
then issue numbers 1500 , 2000, and he said again that there is another 1000 loan. Rocco SOLLECITO then told that another person has paid 1500. Later DEL balso said that something happened during those two weeks , Giuseppe
TORRE said in Boucherville, Rocco SOLLECITO told this place . Thereafter , ARCADI mentions that now it will be out in the Gazette. Rocco SOLLECITO told the newspaper .

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: AntonioRotolo] #767449
03/11/14 04:00 PM
03/11/14 04:00 PM
T
trophydave Offline
Wiseguy
trophydave  Offline
T
Wiseguy
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...s-le-tireur.php

link to footage ( sound gun shoots of attempted hit on desjardins)

looks like desjardins car pulled over first, wonder why?

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #916759
07/10/17 05:51 AM
07/10/17 05:51 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Fighting over Valiquette's millions.

La fortune d’un prêteur fort convoitée

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/07/09/la-fortune-dun-preteur-fort-convoitee

Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: mike68] #916762
07/10/17 10:01 AM
07/10/17 10:01 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Why has it been so quiet since a card I release? Is it because they made him the new boss???

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Another Desjardins associate whacked in Montreal [Re: thebigfella] #916767
07/10/17 12:29 PM
07/10/17 12:29 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Why has it been so quiet since a card I release? Is it because they made him the new boss???

If they made him the new boss I don't think things would've been quiet..

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull