GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 133 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,979
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,089
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tuohy:Ricca Schemed The 5 Families?! #752387
12/09/13 11:52 AM
12/09/13 11:52 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
This is more of a history question for the Chicago members or any knowledgeable member on the Outfit.

I came across this article written by John William Tuohy and investigative writer Dan Moldea claiming that the reason Gus Greenbaum was killed is when Paul Ricca found out that Greenbaum was stealing from the scheme at the Riviera.Gus stealed from the scheme that was the split between Chicago Outfit and the five New York Families.Later,according to Touhy,Ricca sent word down to Gus Greenbaum,that he expected a cut from the steal.So Greenbaum paid Ricca and than got stupid and stopped sending in his payment.That's when Marshal Caifano went to Vegas and orchastrated the murder of Greenbaum.Greenbaum's wife was also killed.

So according to this article Ricca knew about Gus stealing from the scheme and wanted his share and that lasted for how long?!

Its a similar story with Bugsy Siegel.Virginia Hill was a Chicago mob "starlet" and rumours are that she used to secretly scheme Siegel of his mob money.Right before Siegel's death,Virginia went strait back to Chicago.She told Siegel that shes goin to Paris,which she did and later came back to Chicago again.Rumours are that Siegel was killed by a member from the Fischetti crew or a hitman from the LA crime family on the orders of Chicago and NY.

My question is,is this true and could it be possible during the 40's and 50's the Chicago Outfit,under the rule of Ricca,sometimes schemed the NY 5 families?

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Toodoped] #752502
12/09/13 08:31 PM
12/09/13 08:31 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
This is more of a history question for the Chicago members or any knowledgeable member on the Outfit.

I came across this article written by John William Tuohy and investigative writer Dan Moldea claiming that the reason Gus Greenbaum was killed is when Paul Ricca found out that Greenbaum was stealing from the skim at the Riviera.Gus stealed from the skim that was the split between Chicago Outfit and the five New York Families.Later,according to Touhy,Ricca sent word down to Gus Greenbaum,that he expected a cut from the steal.So Greenbaum paid Ricca and than got stupid and stopped sending in his payment.That's when Marshal Caifano went to Vegas and orchastrated the murder of Greenbaum.Greenbaum's wife was also killed.

So according to this article Ricca knew about Gus stealing from the skim and wanted his share and that lasted for how long?!

Its a similar story with Bugsy Siegel.Virginia Hill was a Chicago mob "starlet" and rumours are that she used to secretly skim Siegel of his mob money.Right before Siegel's death,Virginia went strait back to Chicago.She told Siegel that shes goin to Paris,which she did and later came back to Chicago again.Rumours are that Siegel was killed by a member from the Fischetti crew or a hitman from the LA crime family on the orders of Chicago and NY.

My question is,is this true and could it be possible during the 40's and 50's the Chicago Outfit,under the rule of Ricca,sometimes skimmed the NY 5 families?

i can't say whether or not that he did

but

he was sending accardo, giancana, etc. to commission meetings so who knows

chicago didn't give much of a fuck about what was going on in newyork or the eastcoast

Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Toodoped] #752517
12/09/13 10:02 PM
12/09/13 10:02 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
As long as New York did not do something that affected Chicago, they really did not give a flying fuck what happens on the east coast.

One thing to keep in mind about Ricca, is he was not stupid. If the situation brought heat to him from New York, then he would get rid of the problem as fast as he could. Not saying he was weak, but he was not greedy either. I do not think that Ricca blackmailed Gus. Gus was stealing and Ricca took care of the problem.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: cookcounty] #752539
12/10/13 03:43 AM
12/10/13 03:43 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: Toodoped

I came across this article written by John William Tuohy and investigative writer Dan Moldea claiming that the reason Gus Greenbaum was killed is when Paul Ricca found out that Greenbaum was stealing from the skim at the Riviera.Gus stealed from the skim that was the split between Chicago Outfit and the five New York Families.Later,according to Touhy,Ricca sent word down to Gus Greenbaum,that he expected a cut from the steal.So Greenbaum paid Ricca and than got stupid and stopped sending in his payment.That's when Marshal Caifano went to Vegas and orchastrated the murder of Greenbaum.Greenbaum's wife was also killed.

So according to this article Ricca knew about Gus stealing from the skim and wanted his share and that lasted for how long?!

Its a similar story with Bugsy Siegel.Virginia Hill was a Chicago mob "starlet" and rumours are that she used to secretly skim Siegel of his mob money.Right before Siegel's death,Virginia went strait back to Chicago.She told Siegel that shes goin to Paris,which she did and later came back to Chicago again.Rumours are that Siegel was killed by a member from the Fischetti crew or a hitman from the LA crime family on the orders of Chicago and NY.

My question is,is this true and could it be possible during the 40's and 50's the Chicago Outfit,under the rule of Ricca,sometimes skimmed the NY 5 families?

i can't say whether or not that he did

but

he was sending accardo, giancana, etc. to commission meetings so who knows

chicago didn't give much of a fuck about what was going on in newyork or the eastcoast

I remember reading somewhere that in the 30's there was a meeting between Luciano and other NY mob bosses and Ricca with the Outfit.The meeting was about whos gonna get the unions and whos gonna get Miami.Rumours are that at first Lucky didn't want to give up the unions but Ricca played it smart and got the unions and Miami became an open territory.If this is true,than looks like Ricca showed again that he had more of a diplomatic skills than the rest of NY bosses...

Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #752540
12/10/13 03:48 AM
12/10/13 03:48 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
One thing to keep in mind about Ricca, is he was not stupid. If the situation brought heat to him from New York, then he would get rid of the problem as fast as he could. Not saying he was weak, but he was not greedy either. I do not think that Ricca blackmailed Gus. Gus was stealing and Ricca took care of the problem.

Yeah your right,in this case Ricca was not stupid.According to the article he played it smart,again.He realized that Greenbaum was stealing from the scheme and he even profited from it until the right moment to go for the kill.So yes he wasn't greedy that much...

Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Toodoped] #769141
03/21/14 08:39 PM
03/21/14 08:39 PM
K
karona1 Offline
Wiseguy
karona1  Offline
K
Wiseguy
i read somewhere that Greenbaum got completely out of control on drugs, women, skimming and what not. I think the outfit sent to somewhere, maybe Roselli, to tell greenbaum to give up his interests in riviera and get out of town if he want to live but he chose to continue skimming. Thats when caifano went to handle it. Lanksy wanted him dead.

Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Toodoped] #769940
03/27/14 01:51 PM
03/27/14 01:51 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I think it's very possible Ricca was getting a cut from Greenbaum skimming from the skim. Ricca knew nobody would believe Greenbaum plus the fact he could always have him popped if he stopped and/or talked he was in a win/win situation. So I could easily see him blackmailing Greenbaum then if he stopped tribute payments then he had no use for him anymore since he knew he was taking off the top to begin with.

And I also agree that Ricca could care less about NY. Much like Marcello in NOLA, he only played to NY for his interests not because he was under them.

Re: Tuohy:Ricca Skimmed The 5 Families?! [Re: Toodoped] #769950
03/27/14 02:31 PM
03/27/14 02:31 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

if you read the fbi scarpa files from the 60tys he says at one point the nyc 5 families were about to change the rules like the Chicago family were they could kill cops and new paper writers or any one getiing in there way or biz. he said that chitown been doing it like that forever. take it never went threw.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull