GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 277 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,334
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nelson Mandella death #752248
12/08/13 03:52 PM
12/08/13 03:52 PM
B
bigboy Offline OP
Underboss
bigboy  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Just wondering. obama is going to the funeral of Mandella but wouldn't go to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher. Hum???

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752259
12/08/13 04:26 PM
12/08/13 04:26 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Racist..:)

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: DE NIRO] #752353
12/09/13 06:05 AM
12/09/13 06:05 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I would not have sent my worst enemy to Thatcher's funeral....

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752396
12/09/13 12:40 PM
12/09/13 12:40 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Just wondering. obama is going to the funeral of Mandella but wouldn't go to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher. Hum???

Learn how to spell Mandela's name before you smear him. He was slightly more of a towering figure than that sour bitch who drooled all over Reagan.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752417
12/09/13 02:09 PM
12/09/13 02:09 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Thatcher is no Mandela. More than ninety heads of state are expected to attend, as well as many other international diplomats and officials. By the way, Bush is alaso attending. Maybe he can bring along Cheney so Dick can explain to everyone how he voted against placing economic sanctions on the apartheid regime because he believed Mandela was a terrorist.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: klydon1] #752461
12/09/13 04:21 PM
12/09/13 04:21 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Thatcher is no Mandela. More than ninety heads of state are expected to attend, as well as many other international diplomats and officials. By the way, Bush is alaso attending. Maybe he can bring along Cheney so Dick can explain to everyone how he voted against placing economic sanctions on the apartheid regime because he believed Mandela was a terrorist.

Wrong Reagan didn't put sanctions on South Africa because he was anti communist and the apartheid regime was pro-capitalism. I despise people who consider Reagan racist because of the controversy with South Africa at the time.

In any case Margaret Thatcher is a love/hate kind of political leader. It's either one or the other. So it's not a surprise to me Obama didn't attend her funeral, especially when his political ideology is so different from hers. Mandela is universally loved, but he did have a shady past there's no denying that. He made mistakes as a young man but was a good leader during his time as President. However his rainbow nation as of right now is in trouble. South Africa has regressed since the nineties and I despise the current President Jacob Zuma

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752499
12/09/13 08:18 PM
12/09/13 08:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
He was a terrorist, and approved several bombings that killed and maimed innocent people, including children. The western media made him into a saint and a martyr.

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-nelson-mandela/

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752500
12/09/13 08:19 PM
12/09/13 08:19 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752504
12/09/13 08:33 PM
12/09/13 08:33 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^^^^^^

innocents were killed in vietnam, both iraq wars and afghanistan

so what exactly is your point

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: cookcounty] #752507
12/09/13 08:39 PM
12/09/13 08:39 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
^^^^^^^^^^

innocents were killed in vietnam, both iraq wars and afghanistan

so what exactly is your point

I think you are well aware of what my point is. In case you are not, they were terrorist attacks, targeting civilians. Read up on them and others he was behind.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752555
12/10/13 07:12 AM
12/10/13 07:12 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
There are statues of people like Captain John Mason who led massacres of Pequots in which English colonizers killed approximately 600 people, mostly women, children and old men.

Many early US presidents owned slaves and were dedicated white supremacists. Throughout the South there are monuments to revered leaders who started the bloodiest war the US has ever fought because they wished to continue enslaving people. In the Midwest there are schools and parks named after generals who slaughtered Indians, including non-combatants. In Miami, people like Luis Posada Carilles still walk free despite involvement in bombing attacks on Cuban airliners and night clubs.

And Mandela's a terrorist?

It's amazing to me that many of the same people who like to take inspiration from such quotes as "don't tread on me" or "give me liberty or give me death" and other pro-resistance sayings suddenly get cold feet when the person who's resisting happens to be black. Apartheid was a crime against humanity and one which Mandela and freedom loving people of every background had every right to resist. If someone tries to tell me that I can't vote, can't live freely in my own country, and that me and mine can be beaten or shot down in the street at another's whim you better believe I will fight back.

If someone as far to the right as Newt Gingrich can see this you wonder why some other conservatives can't.

Quote:
Some of the people who are most opposed to oppression from Washington attack Mandela when he was opposed to oppression in his own country.
After years of preaching non-violence, using the political system, making his case as a defendant in court, Mandela resorted to violence against a government that was ruthless and violent in its suppression of free speech.

As Americans we celebrate the farmers at Lexington and Concord who used force to oppose British tyranny. We praise George Washington for spending eight years in the field fighting the British Army’s dictatorial assault on our freedom...
I would ask of his critics: where were some of these conservatives as allies against tyranny? Where were the masses of conservatives opposing Apartheid? In a desperate struggle against an overpowering government, you accept the allies you have just as Washington was grateful for a French monarchy helping him defeat the British.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: Lilo] #752613
12/10/13 11:49 AM
12/10/13 11:49 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The rebels at Lexington and Concord were "terrorists" in the eyes of King George III. Bottom line is Mandela was one of the greatest men in history, but the Fox news crowd isn't having any of it.

After all their hero, and maybe the worst president ever....Ronald Reagan supported apartheid.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #752632
12/10/13 01:26 PM
12/10/13 01:26 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Originally Posted By: klydon1

Wrong Reagan didn't put sanctions on South Africa because he was anti communist and the apartheid regime was pro-capitalism. I despise people who consider Reagan racist because of the controversy with South Africa at the time.

In any case Margaret Thatcher is a love/hate kind of political leader. It's either one or the other. So it's not a surprise to me Obama didn't attend her funeral, especially when his political ideology is so different from hers. Mandela is universally loved, but he did have a shady past there's no denying that. He made mistakes as a young man but was a good leader during his time as President. However his rainbow nation as of right now is in trouble. South Africa has regressed since the nineties and I despise the current President Jacob Zuma

Sorry, but Cheney certainly called Mandela a terrorist. Fortunately, Reagans veto against sanctions against Botha's cruel regime of apartheid was overriden. Overwhelming support of both parties demanded sanctions after Botha responded to protests against apartheid with martial law (talk about terrorism). reagan gave a radio address to the nation in 1985 claiming segregation didn't exist in South Africa and that the giovernment was working to help the oppressed blacks. Desmond Tutu called Reagan out on these lies, saying that the administration's response to South Africa was "immoral, unchristian and unamerican." At the time there was worldwide condemnation about apartheid.

Who cares about whether Reagan was racist or not, the unmistakable fact is that he didn't give a rat's ass about the victims of apartheid. And if he was concerned about Communism, well, history proved him wrong. While the ANC was willing to accept help from anywhere they could, whether it was free enterprise or communist nations, the new government was forged, based on principles of equality, democracy, liberty, and free enterprise.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: klydon1] #752633
12/10/13 01:43 PM
12/10/13 01:43 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Except that Reagan was a racist. He began his campaign for president in Mississippi where the civil rights leaders were murdered shile he complained about fictitious welfare queens. If he was not a racist in his heart, he sure hid it well.

And he was a lousy president also.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: dontomasso] #752637
12/10/13 02:15 PM
12/10/13 02:15 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Except that Reagan was a racist. He began his campaign for president in Mississippi where the civil rights leaders were murdered shile he complained about fictitious welfare queens. If he was not a racist in his heart, he sure hid it well.

Except that you are wrong DT and you're allowing your political biases to get in the way of objectivity. I think it's ludicrous but you can call him a lousy President just as I think Obama is a lousy President. But racism is where I personally draw the line, the man showed no tendencies of hatred or bias against blacks. To argue so is foolish and you know it

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752642
12/10/13 02:31 PM
12/10/13 02:31 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Mandela was a good man who ended apartheid in South Africa and wanted the best for his people, white and black. I firmly believe that. But I also believe he made some mistakes in his past. Such as aligning himself and becoming a member of the communist party and co founded Umkhonto we Sizwe which sponsored and committed acts of sabotage against the government.

The government was white controlled and racist, does that make it right? In my opinion there's no clear answer, but it's debatable all the same. Were the founding fathers correct in doing what they did? We can look back now and say "of course!" but it was also a different time period, different rules, weapons and tactics.

All in all I'm glad as everyone should be that Apartheid is no more. However South Africa currently is not doing well and they have problems in every area that need addressing. I still say Jacob Zuma doesn't deserve to lick the dirt of Mandela's soles.

All you liberals want to paint Reagan as some pro-apartheid, racist conservative. My response to that? Dig a little deeper and get over your damn political prejudice. Reagan wasn't perfect, no President is, but if you look at what his key objective was: getting rid of communism it explains his reasoning. Mandela and the ANC had communist ties, and Mandela had a shady past. Who can blame him? I believe Reagan was a product of his time in the sense he grew up in a particular era and he was ignorant of the situation in South Africa not racist.

Should he have been better informed and fully against apartheid? Absolutely. Does that make him a racist? Not at all.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752673
12/10/13 03:45 PM
12/10/13 03:45 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

And i suppose your think that Winston Churchill is also a terrorist,,

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752802
12/11/13 03:29 AM
12/11/13 03:29 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
We are not in old times, we have news crews all over the world, so we know of any kilings that go on. People are bringing up Indians vs Europeons, how well Reagan was liked, and it has nothing to do with Mandela. He was evil, he ordered bombings of civilians, he allowed atrocities to occur as president. He let White people be killed at record pace after he took over, and United States and United Nations stood by and let it happen. He also did nt liberate South Africa, he was freed due to pressure from same United States and same United Nations that followed freeing him form prison and putting him into power by standing by during his reign. What someone did 200 years ago, or what statue is up in some southern town has nothing to do with the glorification of a terrorist thug like Mandela.

If people are told over and over 30 years from now that Osama Bin Laden was a good guy, does he become a saint too?

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: dontomasso] #752803
12/11/13 03:30 AM
12/11/13 03:30 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Welfare queens are not fictious, and if he had started campaigning in another state you would still hate him.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: jace] #752841
12/11/13 12:03 PM
12/11/13 12:03 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: jace

Welfare queens are not fictious, and if he had started campaigning in another state you would still hate him.

The one Reagan invented was... the one with the cadillac and the "young bucks." Total fiction. total lie.

Reagan's veto of trade sanctions against apartheid South Africa says it all.

Mandela was a great patriot. As great as George Washington (who also took up arms) and as Jesus Christ for forgiving his enemies.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: dontomasso] #752860
12/11/13 01:41 PM
12/11/13 01:41 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: jace

The one Reagan invented was... the one with the cadillac and the "young bucks." Total fiction. total lie.

Reagan's veto of trade sanctions against apartheid South Afruica says it all.

Mandela was a great patriot. As great as George Washington (who also took up arms) and as Jesus Christ for forgiving his enemies.

No it does not DT and stop saying so. You want to criticize Reagan? Fine. You want to paint him as something he's not? Don't you dare do that. It's just as bad as saying Obamas a Muslim. It's not true just as Reagan being racist is not true.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #752908
12/11/13 05:19 PM
12/11/13 05:19 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Truth and Reconciliation Commission

for the google search crowd

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: getthesenets] #752961
12/11/13 10:48 PM
12/11/13 10:48 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I am assuming most people here didn't watch the Mandella memorial but did you hear about the fake "signer?" Some guy took to the stage and as everyone spoke, including our President, he stood behind them supposedly doing sign language. Only it wasn't sign language at all. It was just fake gestures. uhwhat Thing is they say he was there for 4 hours and nobody noticed. I don't know sign language but looking at clips AND now knowing he's a fake, it did seem like a lot of the same gestures....all with a straight face. lol I don't know the full story on this guy but am wondering why someone would do that. confused

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/20...morial/3987539/

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/11/13 10:57 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752963
12/11/13 11:10 PM
12/11/13 11:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I have to tell you, I laughed pretty hard, but it really isn't a laughing matter. Did the guy have security clearance and just was faking the signing? Or was he just some random guy who jumped up on stage? Where the hell was the Secret Service????

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: Sicilian Babe] #752965
12/11/13 11:14 PM
12/11/13 11:14 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I have to tell you, I laughed pretty hard, but it really isn't a laughing matter. Did the guy have security clearance and just was faking the signing? Or was he just some random guy who jumped up on stage? Where the hell was the Secret Service????

You're right. I wonder too. Did he go thru any security? It's funny how he kept a straight face moving his hands all around BUT the fact that he got away with it AND up close to world leaders is troubling. confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #752967
12/11/13 11:36 PM
12/11/13 11:36 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
TIS

yeah read about the bootleg sign language guy....

poor taste

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752969
12/11/13 11:53 PM
12/11/13 11:53 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I read that too about the fake signer. It's terrible...but i hate to say a little funny too because the guy was just making the signs up as went along. Not even close to any real signs.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752974
12/12/13 12:39 AM
12/12/13 12:39 AM
M
MOES Offline
BANNED
MOES  Offline
BANNED
M
Wiseguy
Spelling Mandella with the extra L makes him sound like an ITALIAN!!

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752979
12/12/13 01:33 AM
12/12/13 01:33 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
They id'd the fake signer....Thami Jantjie. He looked so serious too.

Re: Nelson Mandella death [Re: bigboy] #752998
12/12/13 07:09 AM
12/12/13 07:09 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Apperantly this guy is a real interprator and was paid to be there to sign, but according to him hes been recently struggling with schizophrenia and had an some type of "episoide" on stage where he was hallucinating.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull