GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 272 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,651
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #748595
11/15/13 11:19 AM
11/15/13 11:19 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I had already read that article some time ago. It's a good read, but the author makes a lot of assumptions such as Cun trera's son having taken over his father's crew and Di Maulo being the mastermind behind the purge, without providing substantial evidence.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749287
11/20/13 02:33 PM
11/20/13 02:33 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
This makes sense to me, the old Calabrian faction saw an opportunity and tried to seize upon it. Unfortunately, since Vito is a free man now it seems like they are on the receiving end of a serious beat down.

I can also see some validation in the theory that the hits on the rizzuto faction were at least partially personally motivated. Just going on the fact that most everyone hit during Vito's time in the can were family either through blood or marriage. Of course, said people were also highly placed in the family hierarchy, so who knows? Vic and Paolo make good martyrs, a smoke screen through which an ambitious capo could justify the seizure of power. Rizzuto was never meant to be boss.

I do have one last question about the Rizzuto's, though. Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there. However, since the Gerlando Sciascia hit it's always seemed to me like the Canadian borgata began to move increasingly away from its role as "just" another Bonano crew. In the book "the Sixth Family" the authors theorize that the Sciascia hit was orchestrated by Massino out of fear that his Canadian crew capo was beginning to forget to whom he supposedly owed allegiance. Massino isn't an idiot, he obviously knows the real power in Montreal lays with Vito rather than the borgata's legitimate Captain.

I'm getting to my question eventually, hehe bare with me.

So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss. It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

Where does the Rizzuto family stand now? Still has a crew in the Bonano family, or are they well and truly independent? relying more on their Sicilian alliances rather than their American overlords? Is Vito Rizzuto a boss in his own right? Does he even need American families given his lucrative drug trafficking?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749299
11/20/13 03:07 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Vito is a boss. I doubt he'd work with Americans much anymore anyways, especially with Massino flipping and testifying against him. Too much risk in dealing with Americans period anymore. Much easier to risk being caught in Canada where the laws are weak.

Last edited by dixiemafia; 11/20/13 03:09 PM.
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749300
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Double post sorry

Last edited by dixiemafia; 11/20/13 03:08 PM.
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749368
11/20/13 07:53 PM
11/20/13 07:53 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Vito takes order from no one bottom line, he carries more clout then anyone in the Bonanno family.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: slumpy] #749448
11/21/13 08:26 AM
11/21/13 08:26 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: slumpy
Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there.

Massino came to power in the early 90s. In the 1960s he was still an associate just as Vito Rizzuto.

Quote:
So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss.

If he would've accepted to become capo he would've renounced his claim to be recognised as an independent boss.

Quote:
It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

During the Cotroni era they were undisputedly a Bonanno crew, but due to their location they were operating more autonomously. Vic Cotroni always remained very loyal to the Bonanno family as did his younger brother Frank.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749474
11/21/13 11:26 AM
11/21/13 11:26 AM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters. If the shooters were Canadians, they would not have been able to hop on a plane with their guns, and fly into Acapulco. Nor could they walk into a gun store or Walmart and buy guns. Guns purchases in Mexico, at least legitimate, is harder than the US. As we all know, there are plenty of guns available through the black market.

I would think the shooters were not Mexican, and were most likely LCN / LCN associates. Why would someone outsource this killing, especially in another country? The shooters need to know their area, the habits if their target, a couple of different get a way choices and a safe house. All of that takes time, patience, cunning and money. It also requires local expertise.

The Rizzutto's, Caruna Cun trera's and others in Montreal LCN are well known drug dealers. I suspect they had no problem through their connections getting guns and other assistance for their own shooters. They are only a few hundred miles from Culiacon, home to the Sinaloa Cartel, the worlds largest DTO.

I don't expect the Mexican authorities to do much of an investigation, nor do I expect us to know any significant facts about this hit unless someone flips, which does not happen often in MTL.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: TonyG] #749532
11/21/13 01:41 PM
11/21/13 01:41 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TonyG
If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters.

Not necessarily. There is an Italian community in Acapulco, so the assassins could have received help from associates who were already stationed there or elsewhere in Mexico. Many mafiosi had settled in Central and South America after the first Mafia war in the early 1960s.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Sonny_Black] #749534
11/21/13 01:45 PM
11/21/13 01:45 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there.

Massino came to power in the early 90s. In the 1960s he was still an associate just as Vito Rizzuto.

Quote:
So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss.

If he would've accepted to become capo he would've renounced his claim to be recognised as an independent boss.

Quote:
It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

During the Cotroni era they were undisputedly a Bonanno crew, but due to their location they were operating more autonomously. Vic Cotroni always remained very loyal to the Bonanno family as did his younger brother Frank.

So what about NY's perspective? Massino seems to have been the last Bonano boss to try and exert any sort of authority over the canadians, but they still must have some working alliance considering Rizzuto's primary income comes from smuggling drugs into the states.

Also, what's the Bonano family called now? They changed (well, tried to, anyway) after Joe Banano published that book, but since Massino flipped I supposed they either changed names again or went back to using Bonano?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: slumpy] #749536
11/21/13 01:49 PM
11/21/13 01:49 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

Quote:

Quote:

So what about NY's perspective? Massino seems to have been the last Bonano boss to try and exert any sort of authority over the canadians, but they still must have some working alliance considering Rizzuto's primary income comes from smuggling drugs into the states.

Also, what's the Bonano family called now? They changed (well, tried to, anyway) after Joe Banano published that book, but since Massino flipped I supposed they either changed names again or went back to using Bonano?

Massino wanted to change the name from Bonanno to Massino but became a rat. The name was never changed. (Now it would look pretty bad if they did when you think about it)

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: slumpy] #749550
11/21/13 02:18 PM
11/21/13 02:18 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

It's safe to assume that there still is a relationship, but at this point the exact nature of it is only guesswork. For all we know the Bonanno crew has been rebuild under a new caporegime, but Rizzuto may now also be operating independently.

Quote:

As far as I know they are still referred to (at least by the press) by their original name. It appears the names that were given to the families in the 1960s have been set in stone.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749578
11/21/13 04:14 PM
11/21/13 04:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

vito was working with the decav familys vinny ocean on Persian rugs I bet he works with all the familys till this day. this capo matty g in rhode island got busted sending 10 or 20 keys of coke up there im sure he was working with the crew up in montreal, no matter bonanno or not he's la costra nostra rite. he don't got he son or dad so I think he;s deffinitly reaching out to his old American buddys. how you think all this bc bud gets around the northeast

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749619
11/21/13 06:47 PM
11/21/13 06:47 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
BC Bud mmmmmmmm.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Sonny_Black] #749633
11/21/13 07:41 PM
11/21/13 07:41 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TonyG
If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters.

Not necessarily. There is an Italian community in Acapulco, so the assassins could have received help from associates who were already stationed there or elsewhere in Mexico. Many mafiosi had settled in Central and South America after the first Mafia war in the early 1960s.

Recall as well that Francesco del Balso and Giuseppe Torre were reported to have purchased a villa in Acapulco in early March 2006, about three weeks after the former decided he was going to go on unemployment insurance (!) Del Balso himself seemed to confirm his having a home in Mexico when he was stopped by Canada Customs on October 10, 2006 at the Trudeau airport -- see http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/ne...d-3666d26ef09a.

The book The Sixth Family cites information from an analysis, by Canada's Department of Justice, of the Rizzuto organization's financial holdings and connections to other countries. The connection to Mexico? "[D]rug transactions, meetings and visits in Mexico." (See p. 349 of the 2008 updated and revised edition; p. 313 of the 2006 first edition, where the text reads "drug transactions through meetings in, and visits to Mexico.")

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: antimafia] #749639
11/21/13 08:23 PM
11/21/13 08:23 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Recall as well that Francesco del Balso and Giuseppe Torre were reported to have purchased a villa in Acapulco in early March 2006, about three weeks after the former decided he was going to go on unemployment insurance (!) Del Balso himself seemed to confirm his having a home in Mexico when he was stopped by Canada Customs on October 10, 2006 at the Trudeau airport -- see http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/ne...d-3666d26ef09a.

The book The Sixth Family cites information from an analysis, by Canada's Department of Justice, of the Rizzuto organization's financial holdings and connections to other countries. The connection to Mexico? "[D]rug transactions, meetings and visits in Mexico." (See p. 349 of the 2008 updated and revised edition; p. 313 of the 2006 first edition, where the text reads "drug transactions through meetings in, and visits to Mexico.")

Perhaps more important to note is that Francesco Arcadi, Nick Rizzuto Sr., Paolo Renda, Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, and del Balso were charged with a number of offences for crimes said to have taken place not only in Canada but also in other countries, Mexico among them. For example, see the bilingual indictment against Arcadi that can be found at

https://www.ceic.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/Fichiers_client/centre_documentaire/Piece_CEIC-P-128.pdf

which was submitted at the Charbonneau Commission inquiry on September 25 of last year.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: pmac] #749699
11/22/13 05:17 AM
11/22/13 05:17 AM
BC
R
RunCity Offline
Wiseguy
RunCity  Offline
R
Wiseguy
BC
Perhaps its the montreal mob moving some BC Bud into USA, but mostly Bc Bud goes directly south from BC... if it is moved out east first, don't forget a lot of asians/south asians are also big traffickers.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749731
11/22/13 12:23 PM
11/22/13 12:23 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Was Moreno Gallo living in the open or was he in hiding or "gone to ground' so to speak? Surely he knew certain people were not pleased with him but does anyone know what security measures if any he took? Was it common knowledge he was living in Mexico?

Thank you for your time.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749732
11/22/13 12:26 PM
11/22/13 12:26 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Maybe but I don't think BC has much of an LCN contingent if any at all.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749738
11/22/13 01:10 PM
11/22/13 01:10 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
IIRC in the Sixth family it says something to the effect of the Rizzutos being involved with importing/exporting drugs in Canada coast to coast including in BC.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Mussolini14] #749743
11/22/13 01:18 PM
11/22/13 01:18 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Was Moreno Gallo living in the open or was he in hiding or "gone to ground' so to speak? Surely he knew certain people were not pleased with him but does anyone know what security measures if any he took? Was it common knowledge he was living in Mexico?

Thank you for your time.

Daniel Renaud of La Presse reported back on June 18 of this year that a document submitted May 22 by Gallo's lawyers, in relation to Gallo's attempt to get back into Canada, indicated Gallo was now living in Mexico -- see http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ir-au-pays.php.

If you read through all the articles published after Gallo was deported, you'll note the discrepancy about whether, after deportation, he went to Italy, he went to Italy and stayed a while before moving to Acapulco, or he immediately went to Acapulco.

Given 99.99% of us don't have the inside knowledge to be able to answer a question about when Gallo started living in Acapulco -- especially because most of us were under the impression he was living in Italy -- I would answer, no, it wasn't common knowledge he was living in Mexico.

Now, were there people in the Montreal underworld who knew before Renaud's June 18 article was published that Gallo was living in Acapulco? I would guess yes. If Toronto Star reporter Peter Edwards's recent reporting about a meeting last April in the Dominican Republic is accurate -- a meeting at which Vito Rizzuto, Moreno Gallo, and others were present -- then I would argue this meeting may lend further support to the claim that Montrealers knew of Gallo's whereabouts, in that knowing where Gallo was living may have been necessary to invite him to the meeting. I italicized "may" because Gallo or someone communicating on his behalf wouldn't have necessarily needed to disclose where Gallo was living.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: slumpy] #749746
11/22/13 02:15 PM
11/22/13 02:15 PM
BC
R
RunCity Offline
Wiseguy
RunCity  Offline
R
Wiseguy
BC

There is no family or structure here really, a couple guys are present, and they're just representatives of the East.

IIRC in the Sixth family it says something to the effect of the Rizzutos being involved with importing/exporting drugs in Canada coast to coast including in BC.

The mob, bikers, asians, south asians, are all involved in coast to coast trafficking, not to mention international trafficking.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: RunCity] #749749
11/22/13 02:27 PM
11/22/13 02:27 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: RunCity

There is no family or structure here really, a couple guys are present, and they're just representatives of the East.

The mob, bikers, asians, south asians, are all involved in coast to coast trafficking, not to mention international trafficking.

one chapters controls drugs coast to coast? Maybe the nomads from Quebec? I dont know much about asian narcotics rings but I'm sure your right.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Mussolini14] #749763
11/22/13 03:39 PM
11/22/13 03:39 PM
BC
R
RunCity Offline
Wiseguy
RunCity  Offline
R
Wiseguy
BC
one chapters controls drugs coast to coast? Maybe the nomads from Quebec? I dont know much about asian narcotics rings but I'm sure your right.

Definitely not one chapter, but I'd say the East End and White Rock chapters are spearheading the trafficking and have closer relationships with eastern OC groups/HA Chapters. Both EE and WR are located in the Vancouver area.

Last edited by RunCity; 11/22/13 03:40 PM.
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749783
11/22/13 04:47 PM
11/22/13 04:47 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Musolini,

Gallo was living openly in Mexico he was not in hiding.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749788
11/22/13 05:13 PM
11/22/13 05:13 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

he has to have family or friends in nyc he live 7 hours upstate. you don't think he in any cohoots with the Gambino's and there whole zip administration. wonder how long till the fbi indicnts him for something in America. how come the new or tv people arnt chasing him all over montreal like they did uncle joe and comp. sounds dumb but I consider montreal almost like .

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Scalish] #749832
11/22/13 08:58 PM
11/22/13 08:58 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Scalish
Musolini,

Gallo was living openly in Mexico he was not in hiding.

So he was going out and about without bodyguards or taking any security measures that you're aware of? Curios as to whether or not Gallo new he was still marked or if he thought things were settled at the meeting in Dominican that both he and Vito attended.

thanks for your response

Last edited by Mussolini14; 11/22/13 09:01 PM.
Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749848
11/22/13 09:18 PM
11/22/13 09:18 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
I am sure he felt he was marked but Gallo like most Mafioso here are still very old school and instead of going to authorities or any thing like that he accepted what he had coming to him.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749851
11/22/13 09:21 PM
11/22/13 09:21 PM
N
NightOwl Offline
BANNED
NightOwl  Offline
BANNED
N
Button
^^^^ THE ONLY THING OLD SCHOOL ABOUT MORENO WAS HIS BALL SACK SCALISH CAPESH?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #749854
11/22/13 09:23 PM
11/22/13 09:23 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Lol what a fucking clown.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico [Re: Johnny_Pops] #750427
11/27/13 06:32 AM
11/27/13 06:32 AM
V
Val01Virga Offline
Associate
Val01Virga  Offline
V
Associate
I have get a long wigs for women that under US$60 and I have wore it for over a year, but I do not wear it all the time and just sometimes and now it i still looks beautiful and if I want to try the BOB style hair I also wear it sometimes.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull