GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dixiemafia, lucab19), 244 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,383
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism #747727
11/08/13 09:37 PM
11/08/13 09:37 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
What a bunch of morons. Some things don't change.

Swastikas, Slurs and Torment in Town's Schools

Quote:
The swastikas, the students recalled, seemed to be everywhere: on walls, desks, lockers, textbooks, computer screens, a playground slide — even on a student’s face.

A picture of President Obama, with a swastika drawn on his forehead, remained on the wall of an eighth-grade social studies classroom for about a month after a student informed her teacher, the student said.

For some Jewish students in the Pine Bush Central School District in New York State, attending public school has been nothing short of a nightmare. They tell of hearing anti-Semitic epithets and nicknames, and horrific jokes about the Holocaust.

They have reported being pelted with coins, told to retrieve money thrown into garbage receptacles, shoved and even beaten. They say that on school buses in this rural part of the state, located about 90 minutes north of New York City and once home to a local Ku Klux Klan chapter president, students have chanted “white power” and made Nazi salutes with their arms.....

“It’s just hate,” she said outside after school last month. “And just being kids.”

At that point, a pickup truck pulled up nearby, and a man emerged. The man, John Barker, 42, a mechanic, cautioned that “everybody watches out for everybody.” When asked about the presence of Jewish families, he blurted out, “We don’t want them in our town.”

“They can’t drive, for number one — and they already have Sullivan County. Who really wants them here? They don’t belong here.”

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #747730
11/08/13 10:14 PM
11/08/13 10:14 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
There is a very strong Hasidic presence in Kiryas Joel and it has caused some major problems in Orange County. KJ, as it is called, is extremely isolated from its neighbors, and they exclude outsiders. This has caused a great deal of hard feelings that have spilled over into neighboring communities.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to make excuses, just give some background and context.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #747732
11/08/13 10:19 PM
11/08/13 10:19 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I guess racism isn't just in the south. Even in New York, although it's upstate New York. This is beyond appalling

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #747788
11/09/13 03:36 PM
11/09/13 03:36 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Don't kid yourselves about the south. There are as many rednecks up north as there are down here

Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: bigboy] #747847
11/10/13 11:17 AM
11/10/13 11:17 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
That's horrible. Until recent years, I really thought we had come a long way, as a country, but sadly, we haven't. Hate springs eternal in some people frown

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/10/13 11:17 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #747883
11/10/13 04:08 PM
11/10/13 04:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That's horrible. Until recent years, I really thought we had come a long way, as a country, but sadly, we haven't. Hate springs eternal in some people frown

Hate has been here since the beginning of time, Tis. We will never live in the idealistic and utopian society that we dreamed of when we're younger.

The older I get, the more I see how naïve we were back then. All you can do is change yourself for the better. You can't change other people, and I've come to the conclusion that it's futile to even try.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #748233
11/12/13 07:13 PM
11/12/13 07:13 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Pine Bush people typify NY rednecks. The area is just south of the Catskill resorts of the 1950s (Dirty Dancing locale). Then it became summer camps/resort for Hasidic Jews from Brooklyn. The Pine Bushers didn't like to see that. It just goes to show you prejudice knows no geography. Ignorance, hatred, racism, predjudice can spring up anywhere

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #748320
11/13/13 11:08 AM
11/13/13 11:08 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
While I DO NOT agree with this anti-semitic behavior I can understand where it comes from and how people get this way.

I introduced myself in another thread "New guy from florida..." I'm not sure if I made it clear but I have been a full time musician for over 30 years. At least 10 of those spent playing Chassidic Weddings and Bar (Bat)-Mitzvah's.

For as much time as I've spent around the Chassidic people I've have yet to make one friend. Not even another musician friend who is Chassidic. They regularly employ non Jewish musicians all the time, but you can never get close to them. They are a very tight knit group of people who only hang with their own kind. They never go outside the group (especially non religious pork eating Jews) They would rather hang with me (an Italian) than another Jew who doesn't keep Kosher or observe Shabbat (no work or driving on Saturday)

I lived in Hollywood Hills Fl for years. It was a residential area not zoned commercial. A group of Chassidic Jews bought two houses, one right next to the other on a residential street. They joined the houses together and created an official Chabad (church).

This caused the people in that area much grief. Even though they can't drive on Saturday there were always tons of cars parked up on the lawns etc. The had a Jewish day care running there during the week.

Now all of a sudden you 'd start to see more and more walking to Temple on Saturday, and at Sukkot (one of their holidays) you'd start to see more and more of these little "huts" they put up to celebrate in.

Many of the people in the area came around with petitions trying to get the Church out. I refused to sign, my exact words were "Whens the last time you saw a Chassid selling crack or jacking a car".

The City of Hollywood tried to get them out and naturally they cried "Anti Semitisim".

Anyway....very long story short...The City won the lawsuit, they were all ready to be kicked out for being in a residential area, when idiot commissioner Sal Oliveri (who lived right near there) said something to the order of "The City of Hollywood always upholds Christian principles" well you don't mess with the Chassidic people. They got their lawyers and took that one statement and sued the City of Hollywood AND THEY WON. Not only did they get to keep their church there but the city also had to pay them 2 million in damages.

So while I personally have no problem with them, I can see where some would. Here's a good example.....If a very religious family moves next door to you there is no way their kids are going to play with yours. Depending on the different groups within the Chassidic community some still have arranged marriages. In certain areas of Israel they will flip your car over for driving on Saturday.

That's my 2 cents.

Salvi

Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: Lilo] #748871
11/18/13 10:43 AM
11/18/13 10:43 AM
Toronto, Ontario
D
dontommasino Offline
Underboss
dontommasino  Offline
D
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario
Salvi62 does raise some valid points. I am Jewish and can verify some of the things he describes. I have a lot of problem with Chassidic Jews especially when one told me I wasn't Jewish because my mother hadn't converted to their standards.

But, does this John Barker tool at the top have the same feelings or is he just seeing Jewish and not the sect?

Last edited by dontommasino; 11/18/13 11:18 AM.
Re: Pine Bush New York Anti-Semitism [Re: dontommasino] #748884
11/18/13 01:05 PM
11/18/13 01:05 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Race hatred is everywhere. There is a big thing here in the UK at the moment about Roma migrants coming here now that Eastern European countries are in the EU. For some reason a huge amount of these Roma's have settled in Sheffield in Yorkshire(the city where The Full Monty was set)and they have clashed badly with the Pakistani population already in the city. Doomsday seers are predicting riots and violence, especially if the Pakistanis move out of the areas they currently live in into others, where all the Poles live. Confused.com??? I can't keep up with who hates who and who claims to be better than everyone else and who has the best God etc, etc.

I like to think I am a decent member of my race, the human race, as somebody more famous than me once said!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull