GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Beanshooter] #759164
01/17/14 04:51 PM
01/17/14 04:51 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
And what about resolving who authorized the Nicodemo's shooting while they were in trial?

If Not-Guilty verdict is handed down:
I think they are going to drop the RICO angle for now and focus on Nicodemo. If they can get him to testify (which is a 50/50 toss up) they can go on his testimony alone. That kind of sucks for the prosecution because they blew their load on all the circumstantial stuff. Nicky Skins tapes, the FBI Undercover, Top Job Disposal, AJM Vending, the wiretaps, even rats Monacello, Orlando, and DiGiacomo didn't have enough to get them.

Alot of this evidence they can't use over again against the same defendants in a new investigation if they've already gotten a Not Guilty. In a perfect world, the US Atty's office would combine that stuff WITH testimony of a soldier like Nicodemo and add a murder to it (assuming the murder was authorized). That would be 6 nails in a coffin and bye bye, Joe and Co.

In my opinion, what we thought was poor timing on the Philly Mob's part may have been poor timing/bad luck for the Feds.

Just my .02.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 01/17/14 04:52 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759165
01/17/14 04:58 PM
01/17/14 04:58 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
It must be Not Guilty for the judge to continue to bust balls, if it was guilty he woulda forced a verdict today, does anyone no if he actually knows the verdicts?

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759166
01/17/14 05:01 PM
01/17/14 05:01 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
The judge is dragging this out hoping Borgesi is gonna flip lol

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: jmack] #759167
01/17/14 05:04 PM
01/17/14 05:04 PM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
Originally Posted By: jmack
Roebuck just tweeted that they are breaking for the day ( juror not feeling well). Back on Tuesday.

They better reach a final verdict on Tuesday. almost two weeks of deliberations... mad

Attached Files Screenshot_5.png

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: FrankMazola] #759168
01/17/14 05:09 PM
01/17/14 05:09 PM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
And what about resolving who authorized the Nicodemo's shooting while they were in trial?

I think they are going to drop the RICO angle for now and focus on Nicodemo. If they can get him to testify (which is a 50/50 toss up) they can go on his testimony alone. That kind of sucks for the prosecution because they blew their load on all the circumstantial stuff. Nicky Skins tapes, the FBI Undercover, Top Job Disposal, AJM Vending, the wiretaps, even rats Monacello, Orlando, and DiGiacomo didn't have enough to get them.

Alot of this evidence they can't use over again against the same defendants in a new investigation if they've already gotten a Not Guilty. In a perfect world, the US Atty's office would combine that stuff WITH testimony of a soldier like Nicodemo and add a murder to it (assuming the murder was authorized). That would be 6 nails in a coffin and bye bye, Joe and Co.

In my opinion, what we thought was poor timing on the Philly Mob's part may have been poor timing/bad luck for the Feds.

Just my .02.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Nicodemo's charges coming from the city and/or state? I guess the Feds could just take it over if they wanted. Same for the Galati case as well?

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Nice_Guy] #759170
01/17/14 05:18 PM
01/17/14 05:18 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nice_Guy
It must be Not Guilty for the judge to continue to bust balls, if it was guilty he woulda forced a verdict today, does anyone no if he actually knows the verdicts?

Good question...i'm really not sure how that works.

Anyone know?

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: tjonezee] #759171
01/17/14 05:19 PM
01/17/14 05:19 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tjonezee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Nicodemo's charges coming from the city and/or state? I guess the Feds could just take it over if they wanted. Same for the Galati case as well?

Yes...the charges against Nicodemo are all state charges.....so far.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759172
01/17/14 05:25 PM
01/17/14 05:25 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

ths is the weird thing in the nicodemo case. up in nyc they charge famma with gotti last hit, he was a crash car and the gov charge him with killing a government witness, but the hole thing fell apart last month when Sammy the bull said they didn't kill him for being a informer it was biznes. eddie the ch*nk he name was Sammy killed him cause of greed. now why wouldn't the feds charge nicodemo like that when they came out and called the guy a government informant in some drug case. something screwy or maybe nicodemo not guilty or that case is shakey. eddy the ch*nk is father to one of the mob wives cast or so and really wasn't a informer and the feds over reched and just let the guy out on bail and the case is probably gonna get dismissed soon.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: tjonezee] #759173
01/17/14 05:26 PM
01/17/14 05:26 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: tjonezee

Yeah I forgot about Ron Galati! Exactly, TJ. If Nicodemo goes down for Murder, doesn't rat, there's no implications for other defendants, etc. than it might stay in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Court. But if He decides to turn state's evidence, the US Attorney's Office will likely take over. Even if they don't, after the state were done prosecuting Nicodemo, the Feds can make him talk again... and again... and again. In as many trials as they want (think Henry Hill).

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759179
01/17/14 05:40 PM
01/17/14 05:40 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
I think Galati has only been charged with state charges so far ...the shooting happened in NJ but he hired the shooters in PA and the feds were going after him for insurance fraud so i have a feeling Galati will soon be in federal court. Federal witness tampering at the least i would think.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 01/17/14 05:43 PM.
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759182
01/17/14 05:52 PM
01/17/14 05:52 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Friday, January 17, 2014

Partial Verdict In Mob Trial Remains Sealed

By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

The jury has a partial verdict in the racketeering conspiracy retrial of mob boss Joe Ligambi and his nephew George Borgesi.

But we don't know what it is.

And we will have to wait at least three more days before we have any chance of finding out.

The jury of 11 women and one man recessed early this afternoon after wrapping up a seventh day of deliberations that was marked by a mid morning announcement of the partial verdict.

In a note sent to Judge Eduardo Robreno that was read in open court around 11:15, the jury said it had reached a verdict on two of the five counts it was considering, but that it remained hung on three others. The three-sentence note said there was a "firm difference of opinion" on the three unresolved issues.

Robreno then read the panel a scripted legal charge designed for cases where a jury has deadlocked and sent the panel back to continue deliberating.

The note generated widespread speculation in both the prosecution and defense camps. About fifteen family members and friends of the two defendants have been waiting in the 15th floor hallway outside the courtroom each day. They file into court with the attorneys each time there is some development.

But any discussion about what the jury has decided is simply speculation. There is no way to know which counts have been resolved and which remain. There is also no way to know whether the jury has voted to convict or acquit on the counts it has decided.

Borgesi, 50, faces a lone count of racketeering conspiracy, a charge built almost entirely around the testimony of mob informants Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello and Anthony Aponick. It was the consensus going into deliberations over a week ago that Borgesi's fate would rise or fall on whether the jury believed those two witnesses.

The defense repeatedly challenged both their credibility and their motives for cooperating during cross-examinations and in closing arguments.

Ligambi, 74, is charged with racketeering conspiracy, two counts of illegal gambling and one count of witness tampering. The case against him is more layered and built in part around secretly recorded conversations, most of which involve other mob figures and cooperators.

Ligambi's voice is heard on only a few tapes, despite an 11-year investigation. And most of what he says is innocuous. But secretly recorded comments by others could support the government's charge that he headed a mob run gambling and loansharking operation.

Again, it is impossible to know what the jury is thinking and how that evidence and those allegations figure into the deliberation process.

The stakes are high, however. Convictions on the conspiracy charge could lead to substantial jail sentences of 10 years or more. If the jury should hang on those charges -- as the jury did in the first trial earlier this year -- the question then is whether the government would opt to try the two defendants a third time.

And part of that scenario would include the issue of whether the defendants, held without bail since indictments were handed up in May 2011, would be free on bail pending a third trial. Those questions are premature, of course, but are part of the rampant speculation circulating around the case as jury deliberations recess until Tuesday.

Ligambi and Borgesi exchanged good wishes with family membes and friends as they were lead out of the courtroom in handcuffs after the jury was dismissed. One friend told Ligambi, "I cut two pounds of soppressata (for a victory celebration). It'll wait til Tuesday."

Ligambi smiled and nodded.

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/01/partial-verdict-in-mob-trial-remains.html

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: FrankMazola] #759187
01/17/14 06:01 PM
01/17/14 06:01 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Just my .02.

Complete guesswork. You have no idea weather Nicodemo will flip or not.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759190
01/17/14 06:13 PM
01/17/14 06:13 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Nicodemo isn't rolling on anyone. For whatever it's worth ... people that live near him in south philly keep telling me he's pretty convinced he can beat the case.

Might be a different story though if he's convicted and gets a life sentence.

I read he has a motion pending to suppress evidence...which i assume is the evidence found in his car. The cop or prosecutor in the article said he's buried if he loses that motion.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: TommyGambino] #759194
01/17/14 06:23 PM
01/17/14 06:23 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

One of the Philly posters says he talked to Nicodemo's uncle who visited him in prison. His uncle left with the impression that it can go either way on Nicodemo flipping. The fact that Nicodemo hasn't flipped already probably means he won't before the trial takes place. Like Giancarlo said, that can change if he is convicted.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: TommyGambino] #759197
01/17/14 06:38 PM
01/17/14 06:38 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ

Yeah.

Isn't that what 50/50 toss up means? rolleyes

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759198
01/17/14 06:40 PM
01/17/14 06:40 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
If they suppress the evidence it's a game changer with nicodemo. Think that trial starts in May ..
Philly is getting strong again believe it or not. I forget the line in the sopranos but as the economy gets better everyone and their mother will bet sports.
Hate to say this but it appears the jurors are dug in but if they go until next Friday - that has to be it. The evidence just isn't there and that's evident. Have a good weekend fellas. I'll report back Tuesday.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759205
01/17/14 06:54 PM
01/17/14 06:54 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Jose...i'm just guessing here but i think Nicodemo's lawyer might be saying they didn't have a search warrant before they seized evidence from his car. I thought it was a desperate motion myself, but a lawyer on another forum said he might actually have a case for that.

But i really don't know...it seems like a longshot to me.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Ted] #759209
01/17/14 07:19 PM
01/17/14 07:19 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Originally Posted By: Ted

One of the Philly posters says he talked to Nicodemo's uncle who visited him in prison. His uncle left with the impression that it can go either way on Nicodemo flipping. The fact that Nicodemo hasn't flipped already probably means he won't before the trial takes place. Like Giancarlo said, that can change if he is convicted.

That's not good for the Philly guys. The poster knows what he is talking about ( he works with nicodemos uncle). This is the first I have heard anything about his uncle having that impression. It's not really a surprise though since he didn't flip right away. Smart money says that IF he flips it will be after he loses at trial. Why not? If the Feds lose this one they will still give him a sweetheart deal. I'm not saying he will flip, just saying if he does, it will be after trial.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: FrankMazola] #759213
01/17/14 08:00 PM
01/17/14 08:00 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Yeah.

No, you have no idea weather it's 50/50, like I said complete guesswork. 50 percent of mobsters don't flip, even on murder charges, so don't try play that hand.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Ted] #759214
01/17/14 08:10 PM
01/17/14 08:10 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

So Nicodemo's uncle goes back to South Philly after the visit and all of a sudden everyone in the neighborhood know's about him being '50/50' I call bullshit, I'd imagine Anthony will not speak to his uncle again for the rest of his life from now if that's true, which it probably isn't.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: TommyGambino] #759217
01/17/14 08:41 PM
01/17/14 08:41 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ

So Nicodemo's uncle goes back to South Philly after the visit and all of a sudden everyone in the neighborhood know's about him being '50/50' I call bullshit, I'd imagine Anthony will not speak to his uncle again for the rest of his life from now if that's true, which it probably isn't.

Is that the impression you got? I know the guy works with his uncle. I'm sure he and nicodemo didn't discuss him flipping. He said that was his IMPRESSION. Nothing more.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: jmack] #759222
01/17/14 09:52 PM
01/17/14 09:52 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jmack

Is that the impression you got? I know the guy works with his uncle. I'm sure he and nicodemo didn't discuss him flipping. He said that was his IMPRESSION. Nothing more.

The Philly poster said this a while ago. Like weeks after Nicodemo's arrest. I'll try to find it.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759227
01/17/14 10:45 PM
01/17/14 10:45 PM
las vegas
bobbyvegas Offline
Made Member
bobbyvegas  Offline
Made Member
las vegas
Just got the news on what happened today. They reached a verdict on the most serious charges. Not guilty. The jury is bullshitting aroung on the rest of the charges. They both walk next week.

Thats a lie
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759229
01/17/14 11:01 PM
01/17/14 11:01 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
oh really. did judge robreno call you himself, or does everyone in detroit know the verdict?

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: bobbyvegas] #759230
01/18/14 12:04 AM
01/18/14 12:04 AM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
What makes anybody think Nicodemo will flip? Why cause he caught a murder?? It's not like someone gave the order to do it unless Mazzone is dumb which I doubt! I bet if he did it he did it on his own to impress the guys like Merlino, he just came home and figured this was his shot to move up the ladder especially thinking borgesi,ligambi, etc,,were going away for the next 15, but he's from that young Turk group so I don't think he's a beefer.
If this guy somehow beats this they musta dug up cochran to save his ass, I do not know who has more evidence against him, him or Aaron Hernandez lol
Maybe they both beat it and philly recruits A.Hernandez to join the team, merlino said bet the patriots lollollol

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Dellacroce] #759250
01/18/14 10:49 AM
01/18/14 10:49 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Judge Robreno called him haha lol lol lol

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759251
01/18/14 11:16 AM
01/18/14 11:16 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
I thought Nicodemo would stand tall but if found guilty ya just never know what a mans going to do in that situation. This happened after Chucky Merlino's funeral, and Joey Merlino was there and so was Nicodemo and a bunch of other guys. I would think If anybody ordered that hit it would be Joey Merlino or Stevie Mazzone... But why would they want to kill Dipetro? For being an informant? With everything going on in Philly I just dont see them going after Dipetro while a bunch of there guys are on trial. I think it was personal. I cant wait to see the outcome of that trial. After this one finally ends.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: TommyGambino] #759265
01/18/14 01:25 PM
01/18/14 01:25 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ

Yeah.

No, you have no idea weather it's 50/50, like I said complete guesswork. 50 percent of mobsters don't flip, even on murder charges, so don't try play that hand.

Jesus, what is it with people on here?! I meant nobody knows WHETHER he will rat or not. Hense 50/50, Over here in America that's a figure of speech.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: FrankMazola] #759281
01/18/14 04:12 PM
01/18/14 04:12 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ

Yeah.

Jesus, what is it with people on here?! I meant nobody knows WHETHER he will rat or not. Hense 50/50, Over here in America that's a figure of speech.

lol

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #759458
01/20/14 03:02 PM
01/20/14 03:02 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Nicodemo is really close with his Uncle. They work together and his uncle is taking care of his legit...well semi Legit ha businesses. If anyone would have an idea, it would be his uncle. My buddy works for the Uncle and my dad grew up with the Uncle. Hes a good dude.

Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull