GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 276 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754389
12/19/13 06:01 PM
12/19/13 06:01 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Shouldn't you be away getting the stats to back up your earlier statements that Dellacroce asked for?

Last edited by Camarel; 12/19/13 06:03 PM.
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754403
12/19/13 06:18 PM
12/19/13 06:18 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^^^

shouldn't you be ironing your skirt i mean kilt

Last edited by cookcounty; 12/19/13 06:18 PM.
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754408
12/19/13 06:27 PM
12/19/13 06:27 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
^^^^^^^

shouldn't you be ironing your skirt i mean kilt

My kilt is always ironed! Also i don't own one and have only worn one twice in my life, but it's always ironed! Way to move the goalposts though Cook. Now tell us that most Scottish people hate Norwegians without anything to back it up, and i promise you'll be taken as serious as you always have.

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754419
12/19/13 06:35 PM
12/19/13 06:35 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^^

and you'll be taken as seriously as a man in a dress

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754421
12/19/13 06:36 PM
12/19/13 06:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^^^

Why don't you just fucking stop?

The kid asks you to back up your stats and all you can think to do is insult his background? rolleyes

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: pizzaboy] #754427
12/19/13 06:49 PM
12/19/13 06:49 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
^^^^^^

Why don't you just fucking stop?

The kid asks you to back up your stats and all you can think to do is insult his background? rolleyes

Thanks PB, it's clearly a lost cause with cook for someone who has claimed racism at everyone who has disagreed with a black man he's incredibly quick to use Scottish stereotypes. Anyway he's right, i'm just going to take my ginger haired, sheep loving, alcoholic, ass downstairs to iron my skirt.

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754429
12/19/13 06:54 PM
12/19/13 06:54 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@pizzaboy

joeschmo already conceded to dontamasso so there really ain't a need to do so

@camarel

i ain't say all that shit........just the quip about the skirt

Last edited by cookcounty; 12/19/13 06:55 PM.
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754438
12/19/13 07:17 PM
12/19/13 07:17 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
@pizzaboy

@camarel

Where did Joe concede to "a majority number of people who vote republicans are on public assistance" ? Sorry but i'm editing your edit because you originally said Majority. The difference between you and DT is whether you agree with him or not he always makes sense and has an informed opinion. How many will say the same for you?

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754443
12/19/13 07:50 PM
12/19/13 07:50 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
And cook you know damn well you werent talking social security and medicare when you said public assistance, which were the only things DT mentioned in regards to your comments, and i dont see schmo "conceding" to anything about that.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: pizzaboy] #754447
12/19/13 08:58 PM
12/19/13 08:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy (about cookcounty)

Why don't you just fucking stop? The kid asks you to back up your stats and all you can think to do is insult his background?

I agree, cookcounty, you really have to stop this flaming shit. There's no call for it and it won't be tolerated.

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754482
12/20/13 02:49 AM
12/20/13 02:49 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
@pizzaboy

@camarel

Wow someone clearly has the IQ of a napkin. Cook do yourself a favor, please get informed about the things you say. How many times have the posters here poked holes in your arguments? Do you just ignore that fact? Almost nothing you say makes sense not to mention you have the nerve to insult Camarel, an upstanding man on this forum. That's all I gotta say to you. All I would ask is just THINK before you say something.

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 12/20/13 02:50 AM.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: dontomasso] #754484
12/20/13 03:10 AM
12/20/13 03:10 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Shmoe I respectfully disagree with some of your points.

1. Fast food workers deserve a liging wage. Agreed all they do is serve shitty food to people stupid enough to eat it, but we can't do a "Bloomberg" and tell people what they can't eat. Besides these fast food chains are making a fortune in profits, and to pay their workers a living wage like maybe 10 or 11 dollars an hour isn't going to hurt them. And if the price of a Big Mac goes up a nickle, big deal. Personaly I never eat that crap anyway, but I believe in Henry Ford's concept that he wanted to build a car his employees could afford. That was the Model T and thats one of the great ideas that got this country where it is.

2. The Social Security thing is blown way out of proportion. There is enough money in it until something like 2040 and by then there will be a fix. By then the boomers will be mostly dead, and the retirement age will be 75 or higher. I am 66 and get 2300 a month. Think I can live on that? Hell no. I have to work into my 70's.

3. "Sense of Entitlement." I think this is overblown as well. Most people don't feel "enetiled" to anything. Personally I believe everyone in a society as righ as this is "entitled" to food, shelter and health care..even if it is minimal. It is just a matter of decency. I know there are many people always looking for a "free lunch," and in my profession I constantly hear people griing about how someone or other violated "my rights." I always get a kick out of asking them what they think their "rights" are, and once they are done with some crazy talk, I tell them they have the right to free speech, to free religion, to freely assemble, rtc...basically whats in the Bill of Rights, and nothing more, and then I send them on their way.

You make some good points DT, some of which aren't bad ideas. I will counter with some thoughts of my own.

Firstly, with your reasoning I'm not opposed to raising of the minimum wage, in fact I think it should be raised. However employees at fast food restaurants shouldn't earn too much. If that were to happen it would be the same situation that we have with welfare, people can live off it better rather than trying to climb the ladder. I think a good compromise would be for to raise wages, but still have it be a shitty enough pay so that it motivates the people working those jobs to strive for more.

Secondly I didn't realize you were that old DT lol but in all seriousness you're only year off the average retirement age of 67. In fact the first year your generation starts is 1946. People born that year JUST turned 67. Maybe for now there's enough money but I guarantee you with the advances in modern medicine people are going to be living longer than they are now. Look at the ones before you aka the Greatest Generation. They're old as hell but plenty are still alive. In fact about 1.5 million WW2 vets are still kicking. That's about one eighth of those who served. Think about that. I'm willing to wager you Boomers will live longer.

The problem is my generation and the Xers. There's not enough of us to support you. Not to mention the debt we're going to have climb out of is enormous. The way I see it we have two options: either raise the retirement age or scale back benefits. It's quite conceivable we might have to do both, despite the fact I'm not crazy about the idea. I am a person in favor of restructuring social programs not getting rid of them. I hope you know that DT.

Thirdly I agree basic things like food, water, shelter, and health care should be accessible. To be given out entirely is another matter. It is a matter of decency, but I would not just hand people less fortunate a house and government checks. Otherwise where's the drive to work or do better? In Detroit when they announced they had 30,000 available housing units "first come first serve" the public housing department was fuckin mobbed by three times that number of people. That's a problem.

Detroit I would personally burn to the ground and rebuild from scratch that city is so bad. They're bankrupt, the auto industry can't support half as many workers as they used to, and drugs, murder and crime flood the streets. But that's another matter.

I'm glad to here you acknowledge there are people who are looking for that "free lunch". Those are the people we need to look out for. Economically I tend to lean conservative, but I also consider myself a pragmatist. Whatever's needed and whatever can solve our nation's problems I'm open to. Problem is those lunatics in Congress can never seem to agree on that

I'm still relieved I can actually have a conversation with someone who might think differently on the political spectrum unlike our dear friend from "cookcounty"

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 12/20/13 03:12 AM.

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754634
12/20/13 08:52 PM
12/20/13 08:52 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^^^^^

i think everybody knows conservative is code word for racist

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754636
12/20/13 09:04 PM
12/20/13 09:04 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
^^^^^^^^^

Aint dat da tropf!! nucka please

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754642
12/20/13 10:29 PM
12/20/13 10:29 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
^^^^^^^^^

In the words of Archie bunker "will you stifle yourself?"

How ignorant can you get? Since when does being conservative mean you're a racist?

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754645
12/20/13 10:58 PM
12/20/13 10:58 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
The ACA is a complete trainwreck and should be scrapped in favor of something better. And this time have the politicians actually read it before they pass it isn't that a wild concept rolleyes

Obama purposely lied to the american people about them being able to keep their current coverage and doctor even though he knew it wasn't true since July of 2010. Reason he lied is he and the rest of the democrats knew if the american people actually knew the details the 2010 midterm elections would not have been in their favor.

Then there is the website issues numerous IT experts have advised people to avoid the website due to the very real possibility their personal information could be at risk. Plus on some occasions the insurance companies will have no idea who actually purchased a plan.

Plus Schmo cookcounty is right conservative is codeword for racist, well at least for now since we have an african american president. The one big argument the left always seems to make is if you don't like obama or his policies you are a racist I should know as my cousin has called me a racist on more than one occasion rolleyes

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #754905
12/22/13 06:41 PM
12/22/13 06:41 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@joeschmo

you're a fan of murderous mobsters, you're a fan of murderous george zimmerman's

so what are you really conservative about?

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #754959
12/23/13 01:51 AM
12/23/13 01:51 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
@joeschmo

you're a fan of murderous mobsters, you're a fan of murderous george zimmerman's

First of all, way to make yourself look even more stupid than you already have. Secondly I do not root for mobsters nor condone what they do unlike yourself who seems to want to put the outfit on a pedestal despite the fact Italian gangsters hate blacks with a passion. So who's the idiot here? I am merely interested in the subject like many others here.

Thirdly, if you ever bothered to read my previous opinions on George Zimmerman you would know I believe he's an asshole and in no way shape or form a role model or cop. What I do believe is that the trayvon Martin case was a bullshit media circus fest with little or no evidence to support Zimmerman did anything wrong other than defend himself. Did martin deserve to die? Absolutely not. Do I think Zimmerman is a murderer? No and he was rightfully acquitted.

I tend to lean more conservative when it comes to economic policy but I'm very liberal when it comes to social issues. So I guess I'm in an interesting position politically.

Hope that clears that up for you. If you try hard enough it might prevent you from making more bonehead statements in the future.

Last edited by 123JoeSchmo; 12/23/13 01:53 AM.

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #755036
12/23/13 11:47 AM
12/23/13 11:47 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
@joeschmo

First of all, way to make yourself look even more stupid than you already have. Secondly I do not root for mobsters nor condone what they do unlike yourself who seems to want to put the outfit on a pedestal despite the fact Italian gangsters hate blacks with a passion. So who's the idiot here? I am merely interested in the subject like many others here.

Thirdly, if you ever bothered to read my previous opinions on George Zimmerman you would know I believe he's an asshole and in no way shape or form a role model or cop. What I do believe is that the trayvon Martin case was a bullshit media circus fest with little or no evidence to support Zimmerman did anything wrong other than defend himself. Did martin deserve to die? Absolutely not. Do I think Zimmerman is a murderer? No and he was rightfully acquitted.

I tend to lean more conservative when it comes to economic policy but I'm very liberal when it comes to social issues. So I guess I'm in an interesting position politically.

Hope that clears that up for you. If you try hard enough it might prevent you from making more bonehead statements in the future.

you wrote half a page of a novel and still ain't said a goddamn thing

you're not conservative

just a codeword using racist still stuck in the 1800s

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: cookcounty] #755040
12/23/13 12:05 PM
12/23/13 12:05 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
@joeschmo

First of all, way to make yourself look even more stupid than you already have. Secondly I do not root for mobsters nor condone what they do unlike yourself who seems to want to put the outfit on a pedestal despite the fact Italian gangsters hate blacks with a passion. So who's the idiot heire? I am merely interested in the subject like many others here.

you wrote half a page of a novel and still ain't said a goddamn thing

you're not conservative

just a codeword using racist still stuck in the 1800s

On the contrary I said many things, you see I unlike you can articulate and make sense with my words.

Everything with you is in one ear and out the other. Did I not just explain quite clearly my position on the Martin case? Didn't sound racist to me.

Is that what you do when you don't understand something? You just accuse the person of racism like the ignorant fool you are?

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #755042
12/23/13 12:16 PM
12/23/13 12:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

All right, guys: how about keeping to the topic here, and taking this endless circle private...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: The Iceman] #755146
12/23/13 05:55 PM
12/23/13 05:55 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: The Iceman
The ACA is a complete trainwreck and should be scrapped in favor of something better. And this time have the politicians actually read it before they pass it isn't that a wild concept rolleyes

Obama purposely lied to the american people about them being able to keep their current coverage and doctor even though he knew it wasn't true since July of 2010. Reason he lied is he and the rest of the democrats knew if the american people actually knew the details the 2010 midterm elections would not have been in their favor.

Then there is the website issues numerous IT experts have advised people to avoid the website due to the very real possibility their personal information could be at risk. Plus on some occasions the insurance companies will have no idea who actually purchased a plan.

Plus Schmo cookcounty is right conservative is codeword for racist, well at least for now since we have an african american president. The one big argument the left always seems to make is if you don't like obama or his policies you are a racist I should know as my cousin has called me a racist on more than one occasion rolleyes

It is not a trainwreck. It will work with some tweaking. Is there any "conservative" who has a better idea? If so show us the plan. By September 2014 there will be a lot of right wingers eating crow. I GUARANTEE IT.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: dontomasso] #755180
12/23/13 09:04 PM
12/23/13 09:04 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

It is not a trainwreck. It will work with some tweaking. Is there any "conservative" who has a better idea? If so show us the plan. By September 2014 there will be a lot of right wingers eating crow. I GUARANTEE IT.

Well I'll hold you to those words DT. It will become a lot more effective with A LOT of tweaking. But that's only if Obama and the democrats allow it, so effectively it's up to them. By the same token the republicans aren't united enough nor have the efficiency to create an alternate plan. It's not that I don't want it to work it's that I have my doubts

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: The Iceman] #755182
12/23/13 09:27 PM
12/23/13 09:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
And this time have the politicians actually read it before they pass it isn't that a wild concept

It would be beneficial if Board members would familiarize themselves with the critical path that proposed legislation follows through the US House and Senate. Start with Congressional staff members and then move on to Standing Committees, particularly Markup.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #757890
01/09/14 08:15 PM
01/09/14 08:15 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
All I know is that my premium now went up $80.00 per month

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: bigboy] #757971
01/10/14 12:47 PM
01/10/14 12:47 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: bigboy

Other than coverage for pre existing conditions and no lifetime cap did you get any other benefits?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Obama Care becoming real [Re: dontomasso] #758119
01/11/14 11:04 AM
01/11/14 11:04 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bigboy

Other than coverage for pre existing conditions and no lifetime cap did you get any other benefits?

well, at my age, I am nothing but a walking pile of pre-existing conditions. I had my coverage from my former employer and it had been in force for over 25 years. I have not as yet received an policy amendments or endorsements granting enhanced coverage. I am assuming the LAW is granting that. I am also guessing that pre-existing conditions coverage will backfire and result in major expenses causing the underwriters to look into rate hikes down the road. Hope I am wrong

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull