GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 305 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,927
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,845
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Obamacare taxes #741696
09/25/13 04:30 PM
09/25/13 04:30 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
New Obamacare taxes for all Americans to love and enjoy.

Starting in 2013:
Medical Device Tax
High Medical Bills Tax
Flexible Spending Account Tax
Super Saver Surtax
Medicare Payroll Tax Increase

Starting in 2014:
Individual Mandate Non-Compliance Tax
Employer Mandate Tax (delayed to 2015)
Health Insurer Tax

Starting in 2018:
Union Member Tax
Early Retiree Health Insurance Plans Tax

http://www.atr.org/obama-obamacare-raise-taxes-things-a7883

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741708
09/25/13 05:49 PM
09/25/13 05:49 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Union Member tax?? What kind of left Dem bullshit is this?

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741752
09/25/13 10:49 PM
09/25/13 10:49 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
None of which will even make the supranova sized entitlement program called Obamacare even close to revenue neutral.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: LittleNicky] #741771
09/26/13 10:04 AM
09/26/13 10:04 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

You righties can whine all you want, but the truth is Obama care is going to be funded and enacted and will be wildly popular. The righties used the same excuses against Social Security and Medicare, so I give these complaints no credibility.

If the righties really thought Obamacare was going to be a failure, they would allow its passage in a heartbeat, wait for it to fail and then make political hay for the next 20 years. Truth is they are terrified that it is going to work (which it will).

Also I am still waiting for that health care alternative they claim they have.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741773
09/26/13 10:15 AM
09/26/13 10:15 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Oh yea, the two programs that have now put the US on the brink of insolvency:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-02/total-debt-1643273005056912-debt-gdp-103

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323353204578127374039087636.html

With that record of deficit spending on these entitlements, I can totally see why any opposition to them is ridiculous and has no merit.

Obamacare will not work, and as many democrats were pointing out before and after enactment, will result in crisis followed by single payer. Jesus, at least single payer kind of works before insolvency- now we have the worst of all possible worlds.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 09/26/13 10:24 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741785
09/26/13 11:25 AM
09/26/13 11:25 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
You righties can whine all you want, but the truth is Obama care is going to be funded and enacted and will be wildly popular. The righties used the same excuses against Social Security and Medicare, so I give these complaints no credibility.

If the righties really thought Obamacare was going to be a failure, they would allow its passage in a heartbeat, wait for it to fail and then make political hay for the next 20 years. Truth is they are terrified that it is going to work (which it will).

Will you stop already with this "I know Obamacare will work and people are going to love it" crap. Fact is we don't know it will work because it hasn't been enabled yet. If it does, I'll be the first one to admit it. If it doesn't and it causes more bad than good, I will also be the first one criticizing it.

Fact is you want your boy Obama to succeed so bad with this law you'll say anything to get yourself and others to believe it. Just another blind Democrat who cares more about party politics than the country. You'd get down on your knees if Obama told you to.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #741786
09/26/13 11:44 AM
09/26/13 11:44 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Take a look at Massachusetts. The system there, Romneycare is virtually identical to Obamacare. It works extremely well. OBAMA CARE WILL WORK.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: LittleNicky] #741788
09/26/13 11:45 AM
09/26/13 11:45 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-02/total-debt-1643273005056912-debt-gdp-103

With that record of deficit spending on these entitlements, I can totally see why any opposition to them is ridiculous and has no merit.

Obamacare will not work, and as many democrats were pointing out before and after enactment, will result in crisis followed by single payer. Jesus, at least single payer kind of works before insolvency- now we have the worst of all possible worlds.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the deficit is coming down. Just like Clinton saved us from the train wreck Reagan left, Obama has saved us from the train wreck Bush left.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741793
09/26/13 12:26 PM
09/26/13 12:26 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

Hate to rain on your parade, but the deficit is coming down. Just like Clinton saved us from the train wreck Reagan left, Obama has saved us from the train wreck Bush left.

You maybe happy to rain on our parade, but I'm happy to rain on yours. The deficit is an accounting fiction that is irrelevant to the real world. It's what Obama defenders resort to when they ignore the reality of the massive federal debt that Obama as worsened by TRILLIONS.

Let me make this clear. For all your Bush-bashing (I'm no fan of his economic policies, although they were better than Obama's), here's the reality: in ONE TERM Obama INCREASED the NATIONAL DEBT MORE than what Bush did in TWO TERMS. Let me put that another way: It took Obama less than four years what it took Bush to do in eight.

Also, under Obama, the nation's credit rating was downgraded FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

How about this? For the first time, again under Obama, spending is more than 100% of GDP. It is actually 103% of GDP, meaning we are spending $1.03 for every dollar we earn.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741794
09/26/13 12:41 PM
09/26/13 12:41 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA

Wildly popular? I'm not sure psychotropic medication can handle your level of delusion.

"Righties" presented FACTS about Social Security and Medicare. Look at entitlement spending on the government's own websites and you'll see that it takes up most of the budget. Social Security as long been described as a Ponzi Scheme or Pyramid Scam, because that's what it is. Them's called facts. I know, a fact to a leftie is like kryptonite to Superman, but they are true and they are real.

Well, maybe Social Security isn't really a Ponzi Scheme since people go into those without force. The government forces people to pay Social Security under penalty of prison. That's like a Mafia street tax, except even with a Mafia street tax you can always shut down your business and move somewhere else, but the government will follow you wherever you go! That's worse than the Mafia. That's totalitarianism.

"But," you'll say, "Social Security is popular!! So there!!!" Uh...so what? What does popularity have to do with anything? If I rob a bank and give out the money as Christmas presents I may be popular, but I still stole money! Even the Mafia, while justifying it, will admit that stealing is wrong. To the leftie stealing is good! Unless you are rich or have a big business, that is. Except if you're Michael Moore or Ted Turner or George Soros or any other left-wing millionaire/billionaire. Can you say "double-standard"? We spell it h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741796
09/26/13 12:55 PM
09/26/13 12:55 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

If it is a ponzi scheme (I forget which nut job made this one up...was if Faux News, Ted Cruz or just the booze?) when will it run out? Its been going strong since the thirties, and is expected to remain solvent for decades. You people live in a complete bubble, and when facts get in the way you just go and make stuff up, you know like Obama is from Kenya, Romney has the election locked...whatever.

BTW nice icon. Is that you or someone you admire for his brains? And don't you have other things to do like shut down the government, make sure people stay uninsured and in the emergency room, swoon over the brilliance of that idiot from Texas via Canada?

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741804
09/26/13 01:46 PM
09/26/13 01:46 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Social Security will run out of money if it continues to run under the same parameter and nothing is changed. It is inevitable and very simple to understand. 10,000 people retire each day and this trend will continue for the next 25 years. So at some point in the future we will have many more receiving payments then paying into the system and the system will run dry.

The Affordable Care Act is a joke. I manage a company that currently falls into the small group category and for years put a lot of work and research into providing care at reasonable cost to all employees.

The plans I offer meet all the guidelines and are approved under the ACA. I am not an expert but I have done my fair share of research. I can tell you two things that are factual. No one has a clue what the ACA is all about, and premiums will increase.

In fact I received a notice from our current provider that makes hat very statement.

This piece of legislation will cause a tremendous amount of destruction, fraud, and increase an already bloated government with another area that they cannot manage.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741811
09/26/13 02:08 PM
09/26/13 02:08 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
If it is a ponzi scheme (I forget which nut job made this one up...was if Faux News, Ted Cruz or just the booze?) when will it run out? Its been going strong since the thirties, and is expected to remain solvent for decades. You people live in a complete bubble, and when facts get in the way you just go and make stuff up, you know like Obama is from Kenya, Romney has the election locked...whatever.

BTW nice icon. Is that you or someone you admire for his brains? And don't you have other things to do like shut down the government, make sure people stay uninsured and in the emergency room, swoon over the brilliance of that idiot from Texas via Canada?

Wow. Mr. Straw Man Argument goes wild. Not only does he go crazy in making things up all over the map, he even insults my icon! Have you no shame? Insulting the Undertaker! I admire him as a wrestling entertainer, just like you admire Robert Duvall as an entertainer. Duvall, by the way, is a political conservative/libertarian, but on the bad side has been married four times.

Faux News? You must mean MSNBC, the real Faux News channel. You might be one of the handful of people who actually watch it. Say "Hi" to Reverend Al for us, will you? He's such a good liar/race-baiter/perjurer/fraudster/cheater/hypocrite that you must really admire him.

When will Social Security run out? The current projection is that the trust fund dries up in 2033 and by 2087 will basically be emptied out: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/. Those are the current projections. With Obama bringing in more refugees and illegal aliens into the system I wouldn't be surprised if that happened much sooner. But I'm sure that those Social Security are a bunch of "righties" working for Ted Cruz.

BTW, when did I ever say Obama was from Kenya? I believe he was born in Hawaii. It was some of his own Kenyan relatives who made that claim. You should ask them why the say he's from Kenya. Oh, yes, that was one of your many straw men.

When are you going to actually refute anything I wrote with FACTS? All we get is stuff like "people will just love the Affordable Health Care Act! One day it will happen!" Yes, any pigs are flying and Hell has frozen over. Please, give us some FACTS.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741816
09/26/13 02:18 PM
09/26/13 02:18 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I will be pleased to refute anything you say is a fact that is not factual. Please set forth facts, not opinions, and I shall be glad to refute them.

As for Robert Duvall's politics, I could ccare less. He is a great actor. Ditto for Clint Eastwood, but I must say I was very pleased that his performance at the RNC helped the president get re-elected.

And yes, I do watch MSNBC, but I also watch other networks, and read The Economist and WSJ, hardly "liberal" publications. As for Sharpton, I think he is a fraud and has been a fraud since the Tawana Brawley case, and I also think he has no place as a network commentator on any network that wants to be taken seriously. In other words I have the same contempt for him as I have for Sean Hannity, Glen Beck and Bill O'Rielly

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741821
09/26/13 02:46 PM
09/26/13 02:46 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

You call people whiners, but no one was criticizing you, they had just criticized Obamacre. Why do you have to make insults? As for your comment that those agisnt it should let it pass, then watch it fail so they can blame Obama, he would nt get blamed. Media would give him a big pass, and say it failed due to others. Obama would have every excuse imaginable as to why outside forces sabotaged it. It would also be the height of irresponsibility for senators to pass a bail destined to fail and cause our nation problems.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741822
09/26/13 03:03 PM
09/26/13 03:03 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
I will be pleased to refute anything you say is a fact that is not factual. Please set forth facts, not opinions, and I shall be glad to refute them.

As for Robert Duvall's politics, I could ccare less. He is a great actor. Ditto for Clint Eastwood, but I must say I was very pleased that his performance at the RNC helped the president get re-elected.

And yes, I do watch MSNBC, but I also watch other networks, and read The Economist and WSJ, hardly "liberal" publications. As for Sharpton, I think he is a fraud and has been a fraud since the Tawana Brawley case, and I also think he has no place as a network commentator on any network that wants to be taken seriously. In other words I have the same contempt for him as I have for Sean Hannity, Glen Beck and Bill O'Rielly

I and many others have brought forth facts, and you have brought opinions.

Actually The Economist is liberal-left, as is the WSJ. The conservative part of the WSJ is the editorial section. And yes, Eastwood is a great actor, but too bad the left-wing is more enthralled by an even greater actor, one who acts like he knows what he is doing as he covers up his incompetence as President. Sort of like getting the Nobel for having done absolutely nothing. What an Academy award earning performance that was.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #741830
09/26/13 03:40 PM
09/26/13 03:40 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
DT for once in your life look sober up on the Obama Kool-Aid and look at this objectively for once?

We had Dago Mick Friend and Faithful, who btw is not some conservative whackjob and brings excellent points to these debates.

Why are you so sure this will work? I really want to know. Present me with anything, articles, statistics, whatever show me anything that could possibly sway me to believe ACA can work.

The thing I want to know is how we are going to PAY for this bill as well as Social Security and Medicare. I don't suggest doing away with them, I suggest we restructure them because we are so far into debt in a matter of years it will ruin this country.

You heard DMF, there's more people taking FROM the system than paying INTO it. Explain that Mr Saintly "I can do no wrong" liberal.

You can criticize FOX all you want and yeah it's a bogus station with the exception of a few people. But so is MSNBC and the other liberal stations.

Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews are all the left equivalents of Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter. And I hate that last fucking [BadWord] more than anything.

Every goddamn liberal thinks their so special because they believe in furthering "racial equality" "Trayvon Martin is such a good little boy who did nothing wrong and was murdered by that bad man! It's our fault black people commit so much crime" rolleyes or higher taxes "The rich people are bad, we need to make it equal for everyone. The rich need to pay their fair share" or criticizing religion "I'm an atheist which automatically makes me better than you cuz you're an idiot if you believe in God" or tolerance for extreme Islam "let's accept the fact that they want to blow us the fuck up"

Or any other bullshit you wanna pull. I'm not saying it's only the left. It's the right too, but you're just as bad as those who would have us living in biblical times.

Oh and btw, Reagan was a good President and a fantastic leader, much more than we can say for the current laughable excuse for a President.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #741900
09/27/13 12:59 PM
09/27/13 12:59 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
If you want real information about Obama care don't ask a politician or a republican, or a democrat. Ask a business owner, a health benefit administrator, or a professional health benefit consultant. When you speak to someone that is in the know you will feel sick about the disaster that will snow ball out of control.

Basically there are three groups that are affected.

1. Small and large groups that currently offer health benefits that are equal to or better than the Obama plan. These are the companies that do the right thing and have employees that also do the right the thing when it comes to insurance. They always see the big picture know how to sacrifice and manage within a company or household budget. Unfortunately the cost of these benefit plans will increase dramatically and companies will plan more and pass the increase to the employees. This group of people is mostly the middle class and always the group that gets hit the hardest.

2. Companies that don't offer insurance. Most of these groups will stay on that course by converting all of their employees into part time. They have been doing this for the last three years in preparing and will continue to do so. These businesses will get very creative in what they do to stay within the part time work week, and whatever they do will be legal and permitted under the ACA, and will not be subject to any fines or penalty. You will see similar companies sharing staff. Work at company A for 25 hours and then at company B for 20 hours. Company A & B will not have to provide a dime for coverage however the employee under the law now has to sign up for insurance through the exchanges and it is not Free, it is Affordable. Affordable is defined as 9.5% of what you make and that only is based on premium, not on deductible payments.

Now the exchanges that will be available on October first are nice and clean and pristine. The states that agreed to put their own together received a tremendous amount of money from the federal government. New York is boasting how the premiums went down. Well they have several providers in the exchange that are new and never existed. Health premiums are based on medical loss ratio and new companies have no history so initial premiums are understated. A lot of the exchanges are also quote premium rates on a 27 male which is considerably lower than a 45 year old smoker. So over the next two years federal funding stops and lower premiums rise because of actual loss ratios. Also the people that will sign up for the exchanges right away will be because most will have immediate use for health benefits which will increase the cost. The healthy young people will not sign up. The exchanges are designed for all the young healthy people to offset the unhealthy, but it is designed to fail.

3. The third group is the people under the poverty level that will go to the exchange and have the premiums subsidized by the government. In some cases 100% of the premium will be covered however deductibles will not, so everyone is paying. This is the group that the ACA was designed for and rightly so.

I think most would agree that we need to take care of the people in the third group but the current plan is not the way. There needs to be a better solution

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Daigo Mick Friend] #741946
09/27/13 03:52 PM
09/27/13 03:52 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The better solution is a single payer system but it never would have passed.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #741975
09/27/13 07:50 PM
09/27/13 07:50 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA

No matter how many facts it takes it's evident that you still can't bring yourself to admit that Obamacare is bad for America.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #742213
09/30/13 10:43 AM
09/30/13 10:43 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

No matter how many facts it takes it's evident that you still can't bring yourself to admit that Obamacare is bad for America.

If it is so bad you cretin, then let it pass and implode.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #742220
09/30/13 11:23 AM
09/30/13 11:23 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

If it is so bad you cretin, then let it pass and implode.

Name-calling now, are we? Tsk-tsk. Personal insults are the last refuge of the intellectual coward. More evidence that you're in denial and suffer from a lack of evidence.

And what logical sense does it make to let something that is known to be bad pass? None. Why should anyone who has a little love for his or her country want it harmed even more? Lives are impacted and people are hurt.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #742224
09/30/13 11:48 AM
09/30/13 11:48 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Cretin --- is shutting down the government and defaulting on our obligations serving the interests of the country? And please don't think anyone takes you seriously with that icon.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #742232
09/30/13 12:29 PM
09/30/13 12:29 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline OP
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline OP
Underboss
OC, CA
Maybe some Ritalin would help you stay focused and not be so concerned about my icon. You're the only poster I've encountered in all the years I've been posting with that icon, and I've probably had it for at least five years.

If you're so concerned about the gov't shutdown, did you condemn Senator Barack Obama when he voted to not increase the debt limit and shut down the government under Bush? Please include the link to your response so we can so that you're not some left-wing hypocrite on this issue. Hope you referred to him as a cretin as well out of consistency.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: dontomasso] #742255
09/30/13 02:13 PM
09/30/13 02:13 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Cretin --- is shutting down the government and defaulting on our obligations serving the interests of the country? And please don't think anyone takes you seriously with that icon.

lol lol lol

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: TheIsland] #742376
10/01/13 09:35 AM
10/01/13 09:35 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I am no longer posting in this section until Faithful and Schmo are gone.

Re: Obamacare taxes [Re: Faithful1] #742378
10/01/13 09:56 AM
10/01/13 09:56 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Ohh I'm quaking in my boots DT.