GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Big_Tuna93, Toodoped, 2 invisible), 251 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,325
Posts1,058,637
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741075
09/21/13 05:11 PM
09/21/13 05:11 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Fosco is letting it all hang out in the comments section.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741078
09/21/13 05:24 PM
09/21/13 05:24 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
He's a clown and the comments below the article talking about this dipshit taking down the outfit are beyond hilarious.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 09/21/13 05:24 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741104
09/21/13 08:39 PM
09/21/13 08:39 PM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
Yes, they're a "separate family". The Southside IS the Chicago Outfit of old. All the northsidre crews were shelved.

Notice fosco never attacks/probes any of the southside guys. Only retired northside & Elmwood park guys.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741113
09/21/13 09:19 PM
09/21/13 09:19 PM
F
FriedRavioliFarts Offline
Made Member
FriedRavioliFarts  Offline
F
Made Member

Huron,

Does EP ever get together with Chinatown/Cicero socially like for weddings? Are their any ties left?

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: FriedRavioliFarts] #741120
09/21/13 10:42 PM
09/21/13 10:42 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
The active relationship between Johnny DiFronzo and Cicero and/or 26th Street died when Apes died. At the time of his death, Apes (who was also closely aligned with Cicero) was the underboss of the entire Outfit. Frank Jr. personally told me that Johnny DiFronzo stopped sending his regards to his incarcerated father upon the death of Apes.  When Apes passed away there was no more meaningful or necessary connection anymore, and the Outfit split, if that’s what you want to call it. Magnafichi maintained a relationship with some now-top Cicero guys (who frequented his watering holes) because they were his players when he still oversaw a solvent office. Magnafichi certainly knows Casey and is acquainted with (but not close with) Toots through the Cicero people. By the way, just because Johnny and Joey A. have nothing to do with Cicero anymore doesn’t mean other Elmwood Park people aren’t at least friendly with them. I have seen Marco meet with a rail-thin Solly DeLaurentis for espresso more than once. In all fairness, though, they are old friends.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741123
09/21/13 11:15 PM
09/21/13 11:15 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button

If anyone is wondering why made guys from Cicero would go into an Elmwood Park guy for football or basketball, one reason is because Magnafichi “ate at the cool kids table” in the Outfit for five to ten years, and he was quite a good person to be associated with from a perception standpoint. He was popular and had exposure to old-timers that current bosses (who are older than him) did not have and never will have. When it was strong, Mike's office was good for its outs, so it was a great place to play if you were a winner. Another reason Cicero guys would play with Michael is because, in general, Outfit guys who play, play elsewhere—not in their own backyard.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741128
09/21/13 11:45 PM
09/21/13 11:45 PM
F
FriedRavioliFarts Offline
Made Member
FriedRavioliFarts  Offline
F
Made Member

Thank you Stone Park. Very informative. I have to imagine they are all going to get together to watch Da Bears in the Super Bowl in 2014. Bear down. Bearssssssssssss.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741132
09/22/13 01:47 AM
09/22/13 01:47 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Interesting. It's like the organization spun off into two entities: 1) Elmwood Park, the true descendant of the Outfit, which ultimately declared itself defunct 2) Cicero the junk company, still peopled by individuals trying to make $200 by breaking someone's knees

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: jonnynonos] #741165
09/22/13 06:31 AM
09/22/13 06:31 AM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Interesting. It's like the organization spun off into two entities: 1) Elmwood Park, the true descendant of the Outfit, which ultimately declared itself defunct 2) Cicero the junk company, still peopled by individuals trying to make $200 by breaking someone's knees

Not true at all. What makes You say that?

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741192
09/22/13 10:53 AM
09/22/13 10:53 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Gotta say that I like the part about Da Bearss in the Super Bowl...

Last edited by Mark; 09/22/13 10:53 AM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: jonnynonos] #741207
09/22/13 12:38 PM
09/22/13 12:38 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos

You are basically correct. Cicero is hodgepodge. It’s one of one of Rocky’s old guys (who is a fed magnet), a Wild Bunch guy (another fed magnet), one of Bobby Salerno’s guys, and some new guys, some of them on the young side. Capable of violence, certainly, but “junk company” in terms of money is pretty accurate, especially when you consider what Cicero was once like under Aiuppa and Carlisi. If you were DiFronzo, would you be willing to jeopardize your freedom by dealing with that group of guys, when you're a legit millionaire?

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741210
09/22/13 01:00 PM
09/22/13 01:00 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Again, not true at all. Inendino & DeLaurentis are legit millionaires as well. Difronzo is a bitter, miserable old man that doesn't have the strength/wind to run street rackets anymore, it's got nothing to do with wealth. His son's overdose completely destroyed his will. There also isn't much action to be had within north side street rackets anymore. Cicero & Chinatown have always been considered the grimy/grittier crews.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #741226
09/22/13 02:35 PM
09/22/13 02:35 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Again, not true at all. Inendino & DeLaurentis are legit millionaires as well. Difronzo is a bitter, miserable old man that doesn't have the strength/wind to run street rackets anymore, it's got nothing to do with wealth. His son's overdose completely destroyed his will. There also isn't much action to be had within north side street rackets anymore. Cicero & Chinatown have always been considered the grimy/grittier crews.

You’re on another planet if you think Cicero pulls in the kind of money that approaches anywhere near what they used to make. I know there are guys in Cicero who have money, and that fact doesn’t contradict the larger point I was making.

“Jonnynonos” made a very good but not perfect comparison that I basically agree with. He was thinking about the Outfit in terms of lineage.

Whatever you think of Accardo, he was one of Capone’s guys without a doubt. In turn, Jack Cerone was Accardo’s guy, and DiFronzo was Cerone’s guy. Accardo loved DiFronzo. In fact, DiFronzo and Carlisi were the last two Outfit guys Accardo trusted and were among the very few people who could actually put cash in his hands. I realize that you might not think much of Accardo, but here is my point. Accardo was the Outfit’s last link to Capone, and DiFronzo is the Outfit’s last link to Accardo. Whether or not you think that is significant is up to you. Sure, guys like Toots, Solly, and Jimmy I knew Accardo, but Accardo “blessed” DiFronzo, personally. In this sense, “Jonnynonos” was accurate when he referred to Elmwood Park as the “descendant” of the Outfit.

If someone wants to claim that Aiuppa was Capone’s guy, too, that’s fine except that his guys Joe Nick and Black Sam are long gone. Joe Nick’s guy, Rocky, is long gone, as is Black Sam’s guy Jimmy Marcello who is in prison for life. Cicero is catch-all for old-timers from long-defunct crews and youngsters who were (un)lucky enough to get made by Mike.

Nothing I said contradicts the idea that “Cicero & Chinatown have always been considered the grimy/grittier crews.” That point is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: StonePark] #741230
09/22/13 02:51 PM
09/22/13 02:51 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: StonePark
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

You’re on another planet if you think Cicero pulls in the kind of money that approaches anywhere near what they used to make. I know there are guys in Cicero who have money, and that fact doesn’t contradict the larger point I was making.

“Jonnynonos” made a very good but not perfect comparison that I basically agree with. He was thinking about the Outfit in terms of lineage.

Whatever you think of Accardo, he was one of Capone’s guys without a doubt. In turn, Jack Cerone was Accardo’s guy, and DiFronzo was Cerone’s guy. Accardo loved DiFronzo. In fact, DiFronzo and Carlisi were the last two Outfit guys Accardo trusted and were among the very few people who could actually put cash in his hands. I realize that you might not think much of Accardo, but here is my point. Accardo was the Outfit’s last link to Capone, and DiFronzo is the Outfit’s last link to Accardo. Whether or not you think that is significant is up to you. Sure, guys like Toots, Solly, and Jimmy I knew Accardo, but Accardo “blessed” DiFronzo, personally. In this sense, “Jonnynonos” was accurate when he referred to Elmwood Park as the “descendant” of the Outfit.

If someone wants to claim that Aiuppa was Capone’s guy, too, that’s fine except that his guys Joe Nick and Black Sam are long gone. Joe Nick’s guy, Rocky, is long gone, as is Black Sam’s guy Jimmy Marcello who is in prison for life. Cicero is catch-all for old-timers from long-defunct crews and youngsters who were (un)lucky enough to get made by Mike.

Nothing I said contradicts the idea that “Cicero & Chinatown have always been considered the grimy/grittier crews.” That point is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

That's what I meant. I don't have the recall you do and would have had to go back and check on some stuff, but you said it better than I ever could anyway.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741236
09/22/13 04:02 PM
09/22/13 04:02 PM
F
funkster Offline OP
Underboss
funkster  Offline OP
F
Underboss
I know the info is limited, but I think a book on Joey O would be amazing. I know a lot of people think Joe Fosco is a goof...but I love the story he told about guys freaking out when O was about to get out of jail.

Last edited by funkster; 09/22/13 04:03 PM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741237
09/22/13 04:04 PM
09/22/13 04:04 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
I have a question what is the big deal with this ANP? Never heard of it till I came on these forums ??

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741259
09/22/13 07:12 PM
09/22/13 07:12 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Fosco is Willie Messino’s former driver and confidant. He also used to knock around with Buddy C., Jack Esq., George, Michael, and sometimes Gene. His dad was with the Outfit and involved in union rackets( died 30-years ago). Fosco purports to blow the whistle on Outfit rackets now via his blog (“American News Post” aka ANP), which was formerly a Catholic blog, loosely associated with the Archdiocese of Chicago. Fosco has legitimately dropped accurate bombshells on his blog but also writes with an obvious bias, protecting Outfit people he still has a fondness for. I have socialized with Joe before, as far back as when he was Willie’s driver. (I was at Punky’s Pub in Lombard in the early 2000’s when the proprietor ejected Joe from the bar because he didn’t have I.D. but rather had like ten traffic tickets. Willie stayed inside the bar and quietly drank with the other patrons, waiting for the person he was there to meet.) Fosco’s dad was from Mooney’s old neighborhood and resents the Grand Avenue people who he claims screwed him out of a lot of money, roughly ten years ago. He also claims that they tried to kill him. Who knows ?

Fosco’s legacy is understating the role of Accardo in the Outfit because Accardo was the idol of his archenemies, the DiFronzos and Cerones. Fosco started with his anti-Accardo rhetoric on ANP and all these trolls, lurkers, and wanna-bes bought what he was selling and repeat his b.s. on forums like this, where they are not held accountable for their information. (An ignorant leech from ANP named Black Angelo, the most debunked amateur mob-watcher ever, posts now on this very forum. Giancana’s own children (Bonnie and Annette) openly acknowledge that Accardo was the power.

Fosco will acknowledge his anti-Accardo bias offline. Joe’s real-life persona is very different than that of the blogger/vigilante. He will acknowledge his schtick and the stunts he pulls. ANP makes for entertaining reading, if nothing else.

Last edited by StonePark; 09/22/13 07:16 PM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: StonePark] #741260
09/22/13 07:20 PM
09/22/13 07:20 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

Fosco’s legacy is understating the role of Accardo in the Outfit because Accardo was the idol of his archenemies, the DiFronzos and Cerones. Fosco started with his anti-Accardo rhetoric on ANP and all these trolls, lurkers, wananna-bes bought what he was selling and repeat his b.s. on forums like this, where they are not held accountable for their information. (An ignorant leech from ANP named Black Angelo, the most debunked amateur mob-watcher ever, posts now on this very forum. Giancana’s own children (Bonnie and Annette) openly acknowledge that Accardo was the power.

Fosco will acknowledge his anti-Accardo bias offline. Joe’s real-life persona is very different than that of the blogger/vigilante. He will acknowledge his schtick and the stunts he pulls. ANP makes for entertaining reading, if nothing else.

Sounds like someone we know(huronsocialathletic)

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: StonePark] #741268
09/22/13 07:44 PM
09/22/13 07:44 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Check your PM, please.

quote=StonePark]Fosco is Willie Messino’s former driver and confidant. He also used to knock around with Buddy C., Jack Esq., George, Michael, and sometimes Gene. His dad was with the Outfit and involved in union rackets( died 30-years ago). Fosco purports to blow the whistle on Outfit rackets now via his blog (“American News Post” aka ANP), which was formerly a Catholic blog, loosely associated with the Archdiocese of Chicago. Fosco has legitimately dropped accurate bombshells on his blog but also writes with an obvious bias, protecting Outfit people he still has a fondness for. I have socialized with Joe before, as far back as when he was Willie’s driver. (I was at Punky’s Pub in Lombard in the early 2000’s when the proprietor ejected Joe from the bar because he didn’t have I.D. but rather had like ten traffic tickets. Willie stayed inside the bar and quietly drank with the other patrons, waiting for the person he was there to meet.) Fosco’s dad was from Mooney’s old neighborhood and resents the Grand Avenue people who he claims screwed him out of a lot of money, roughly ten years ago. He also claims that they tried to kill him. Who knows ?

Fosco’s legacy is understating the role of Accardo in the Outfit because Accardo was the idol of his archenemies, the DiFronzos and Cerones. Fosco started with his anti-Accardo rhetoric on ANP and all these trolls, lurkers, and wanna-bes bought what he was selling and repeat his b.s. on forums like this, where they are not held accountable for their information. (An ignorant leech from ANP named Black Angelo, the most debunked amateur mob-watcher ever, posts now on this very forum. Giancana’s own children (Bonnie and Annette) openly acknowledge that Accardo was the power.

[/quote]

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741286
09/22/13 10:27 PM
09/22/13 10:27 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
What a load o' Bologna to the tenth degree lol. The internet is a weird, wild place.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741290
09/22/13 10:41 PM
09/22/13 10:41 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
"Fosco was Willie messino's driver" ehhh, not gonna respond to such nonsense.

No one has any anti-Accardo agenda. There is no conspiracy to trash the Grand Ave/Elmwood Park crew. What a ridiculous suggestion. facts are facts. Cicero doesn't give a fuck about Elmwood park & never Have. Grand Ave & Elmwood have always been the secondary/weaker of the two crews. It was true during the carlisi/nagal era, it was true during the 70s, all throughout the 90s, and it's true now. No one pal'd around with Mike Mags because he had "access to difronzo", I can't believe anyone would insinuate such crapola. Mike hung around Carlisi & Rock's guys because they were real active street gangsters, something that was disappearing in Elmwood park during Mike's heyday. They liked Mike because he was young, talented, good company, and presented great action. It had nothing to do with "being closer to accardo". Black Sam carlisi couldn't have given a flying hoot about such nonsense.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #741295
09/22/13 11:19 PM
09/22/13 11:19 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Joe Fosco was Willie Messino’s driver. You are the only person that I have heard dispute this. Joe does not dispute this if you know him or have a conversation with him. Messino’s grandsons do not even dispute this and hate Joe all the more for his betrayal of their family. Billie Daddono, who thinks Joe is a clown, does not dispute this either. I saw Joe accompanying Willie in the capacity of driver, for crying out loud. Anyone who knows Joe (or Willie) knows that they were joined at the hip, day in and day out, for a few years, and it wasn’t because they simply enjoyed each other’s company.

You have this tactic when someone challenges your positions, you act like the other person’s view is obviously, transparently false, and that everyone in the world knows it but them. You act like the other person is a laughing stock, insert your lol’s, and then proceed to post a litany of non-pertinent information that obscures the real issue at hand. It’s like throwing sand in someone’s eyes when you’re arguing or fighting with them. It makes you look like a child. You also suffer from confirmation bias, only favoring information that you can wedge into weird, fixed fantasies. Are you familiar with Black Angelo from American News Post? He did the same thing.

Are you the guy who recently said that Paul Carparelli was a capo? Do you know some of the people who read the comments on this site? I know you don’t care, but do you want to know who thought that was hysterical?

Ya know, I think you know Black Angelo. Somewhere on here, you described him as a middle aged man from Melrose Park who struggled with the English language or something. Seems like you’re very familiar with him.

The moderators on this site have to scrutinize some of these Chicago Outfit posts because some of this stuff simply adds to the sum total of human stupidity documented forever on the internet.

Last edited by StonePark; 09/23/13 10:13 AM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741296
09/22/13 11:20 PM
09/22/13 11:20 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Nobody calls Carparelli "Paulie" by the way, so you look like a goof when trying not to look square. He goes by Paul. People call him Paul.

Last edited by StonePark; 09/23/13 10:12 AM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: StonePark] #741336
09/23/13 10:45 AM
09/23/13 10:45 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Nobody calls Carparelli "Paulie" by the way, so you look like a goof when trying not to look square. He goes by Paul. People call him Paul.

"Paulie" is what his family called him. Now his son is "Paulie" or "Paulie Jr." and he goes by Paul.

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741338
09/23/13 10:47 AM
09/23/13 10:47 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Fosco was indeed Willie Messino's driver and gofer. Most of what he says on the Outfit comes from Willie. Fosco is on terrible terms with the Messino/Rada family now because of extorting that relationship when Willie died (though these days he will blame that fallout on his relationship with Mags who also stole money from Willie's family).

Last edited by ChiTown; 09/23/13 11:13 AM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741350
09/23/13 12:41 PM
09/23/13 12:41 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
I had no idea that Marco D'Amico wasn't a made guy.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741353
09/23/13 12:57 PM
09/23/13 12:57 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
I'm still not 100% on whether that is accurate or not. StonePark what is your read on D'Amico and whether he is made?

Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: ChiTown] #741354
09/23/13 01:58 PM
09/23/13 01:58 PM
S
StonePark Offline
Button
StonePark  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
I'm still not 100% on whether that is accurate or not. StonePark what is your read on D'Amico and whether he is made?

My answer is that I don’t know for sure and personally don’t really think it is an important question because Marco has most everyone’s respect anyway. He also has money. You don’t have money and everyone’s respect within the Outfit without also having at least a fair amount of power and strength too. There is no question that Marco is “somebody” and whether or not he swore an oath in front of some other guys is not relevant at all, the way I see it. Was it on this site or ANP where someone recently said if Marco is not made it is only because his trajectory is off or something like that? That seems reasonable enough to me. If we believe Fosco, Cicero offered to make him but he turned it down flat because if it didn’t come from DiFronzo, it was as good as not being made. I could see that. But also if we someday learn that Marco was made by Johnny along with some other guys, that wouldn’t surprise me either...in the least

Marco is somebody, which seems to be good enough for him, so it should be enough for mobwatchers who care about and defend his reputation. To me this is one of those non-issues that detracts from more interesting ones. There are more interesting people than Marco, but some people are fascinated by him. I was astounded to read some of the purely fictional biographical details that were posted on ANP about Marco’s life. Fosco should delete that garbage. It is embarrassing. 

Last edited by StonePark; 09/23/13 02:55 PM.
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: funkster] #741356
09/23/13 02:04 PM
09/23/13 02:04 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
I agree - whether he was formally initiated is beside the point as Chicago has a history of doing things differently than the east coast families, particuarly pertaining to "making ceremonies" and the like. As you said, if DiFronzo claims him as a member of the Outfit, he's pretty much made, even if he hasn't pricked the finger or any similar nonsense.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: ANP getting interesting [Re: StonePark] #741364
09/23/13 04:18 PM
09/23/13 04:18 PM
F
funkster Offline OP
Underboss
funkster  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Do you know some of the people who read the comments on this site? I know you don’t care, but do you want to know who thought that was hysterical?

Who? smile

And now ANP appears to be down. Maybe Difronzo hacked it.

Last edited by funkster; 09/23/13 04:20 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull