GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 216 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,775
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks #739311
09/11/13 07:42 AM
09/11/13 07:42 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline OP
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline OP
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Rest in peace to all the victims. Where were you on this horrible day?

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739312
09/11/13 08:00 AM
09/11/13 08:00 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Rest in peace to all the victims. Where were you on this horrible day?

It's unbelievable that it's been 12 years. Anyway this is what i posted last year.

I was only 8 at the time while walking home from swimming i saw my friends dad who told me the WTC had been hit (i didn't even know what it was at the time) and the rest is history frown

RIP

Between now and 2015 3 new WTC buildings will open.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/09/10...t_to_follow.php

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: Camarel] #739314
09/11/13 08:33 AM
09/11/13 08:33 AM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I was only 8 at the time while walking home from swimming i saw my friends dad who told me the WTC had been hit (i didn't even know what it was at the time) and the rest is history frown

Oh jesus I feel old. You were 8?!

Events like these, that become a divider in history (either it's pre 9/11 or post 9/11) essentially define the lives of the generation before and after the event. Born or raised into perpetual war, we start to reminisce about the good ol' days of pre 9/11, pre Afghanistan, pre Iraq. We picture a Pleasentville way of life, a simpler time, carefree and gleeful. Well as someone considerable older, daily life for your average Joe was much of the same. We should remember not only those who have passed in that tragic event, but let this be a reminder of the world we live in, in the West. We can be questioned, attacked, confronted and yet our way of life continues. 9/11 proved the resilience of the free. I take comfort in knowing that my children may not know the pre 9/11 world, but that the reality they live in is still one of comfort and security.
And isn't that new tower a beautiful thing?

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739315
09/11/13 09:29 AM
09/11/13 09:29 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Only seems like last week we where seeing those awful images.. May we never forget..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739319
09/11/13 09:52 AM
09/11/13 09:52 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline OP
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline OP
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
I agree the tower and memorial look very nice and a great remeberence for the victims. I visited the memorial this last July, it was so sad seeing all the names.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739328
09/11/13 10:33 AM
09/11/13 10:33 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The memorial is magnificent.

Was watching the tapes of the real time events this morning. Still seems like it happened yesterday.

Overall I do not think the U.S leadership has handled it well. Bush was a disaster whose inattention was a partial cause of 9/11, and then his abandonment at Tora Bora and the Iraq war were both horrible decisions. Obama was reight to get out of Iraq, but his surge in Afghanistan was stupid, and he is all over the map on Syria. Both Bush and Obama have usurped a great deal of our right to privacy since then. I personally don't care who is reading my e mails because I don't really have anything to hide, however in principle the extent of surveillance these days is troubling.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739330
09/11/13 10:49 AM
09/11/13 10:49 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I was in downtown Manhattan that day. I worked 6 blocks southwest of the WTC. Its a long story, but here are a few photos of that day. The first one was taken from Trinity Place where I first saw what had happened. I decided to get closer and the second picture was taken a few weeks later from the spot I was standing when WTC 2 came down. I was in a direct line with the building. At the end of the street you can see the skeletal structure of the building. When I saw and realized that the building was coming down, I turned and ran (along with hundreds of other onlookers). I ducked into a loading dock (pic 3). The cloud was black. That picture was taken 3 weeks after. ON the dash board of that car was an ID of a fireman or policeman, I don't remember which. I don't know his fate. In short, I survived with only some eye irritation. I walked 6 miles to a cousins apartment on 51st and 2 nd Ave. Later that day the subways began running. I got home to Suffern, NY at 9pm.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739342
09/11/13 11:23 AM
09/11/13 11:23 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I was just pulling into my parking space at work when I heard the breaking report that the Trade Center was hit by a plane. I stayed in the car to listen long enough to hear that a second plane struck the other tower.

As I arrived and told those in the office what had happened, a friend rolled out a tv and we all watched what was taking place. I called my parents, who were home, but not watching tv, and we both tried to reach my brother, an investment banker who worked near the trade center, but cell service was impossible. We learned later he was still on summer schedule and was casually walking to work when he was stunned by the sight of people crying in the street. He soon learned the news.

I went home early that day, and I remember eating quite a bit of chocolate cake (My wife's birthday was the previous day and I always baked a big chocolate cake for her). Many parents picked up their young kids from school early that day. My wife suggested we do the same, so I got them a half hour before dismissal. They were too young then to comprehend what was happeniong.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: EddieCoyle] #739353
09/11/13 12:15 PM
09/11/13 12:15 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
[quote=MontagueEvents like these, that become a divider in history (either it's pre 9/11 or post 9/11) essentially define the lives of the generation before and after the event. [/quote]

The big stories before 9/11 were whether Gary Condit played a role in the disappearance of Chandra Levy, the various shark attacks in Florida and elsewhere, the untimely death of rising recording and film star Aaliyah and a sluggish economy.

In October, 2011, we were dealing with security concerns, anthrax was being mailed around the country and unemployment became a big problem when we experienced the greatest jobs loss in 21 years.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: klydon1] #739357
09/11/13 12:22 PM
09/11/13 12:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I've posted this a few times before, but what the hell.

I was on my way from the Bronx to a funeral home on Flatbush Avenue in Marine Park, Brooklyn. A lot of people may not realize this, but the bridges and tunnels weren't closed until after the second tower was hit.

When I was pulling out of my garage, I'd heard on AM radio that a plane hit the Trade Center, so I figured that it was a single engine puddle jumper or something like that. When I got to the EZ Pass lane at the Whitestone Bridge, I saw all the smoke coming from the first tower. That's when I knew it wasn't a prop plane. Too much damage. I was about halfway across the bridge when I looked to my right and saw, with my own eyes, the second plane hit tower two and explode into a fireball. It was the most surrealistic and frightening thing I've ever seen in my life.

At that point, having figured out that we were under attack, I still had to deal with the idea of being adjacent to LaGuardia and halfway to Kennedy airport. I was a wreck thinking that a plane would explode right on top of me. I finally made it to Brooklyn and stayed there until the bridges re-opened (around 5 or 6 o'cock that night).

And FYI, the sky this morning here in New York is very similar to how it was twelve years ago. Bright blue and beautiful, but it's a little hotter today.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: pizzaboy] #739358
09/11/13 12:24 PM
09/11/13 12:24 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I've posted this a few times before, but what the hell.

I was on my way from the Bronx to a funeral home on Flatbush Avenue in Marine Park, Brooklyn. A lot of people may not realize this, but the bridges and tunnels weren't closed until after the second tower was hit.

When I was pulling out of my garage, I'd heard on AM radio that a plane hit the Trade Center, so I figured that it was a single engine puddle jumper or something like that. When I got to the EZ Pass lane at the Whitestone Bridge, I saw all the smoke coming from the first tower. That's when I knew it wasn't a prop plane. Too much damage. I was about halfway across the bridge when I looked to my right and saw, with my own eyes, the second plane hit tower two and explode into a fireball. It was the most surrealistic and frightening thing I've ever seen in my life.

At that point, having figured out that we were under attack, I still had to deal with the idea of being adjacent to LaGuardia and halfway to Kennedy airport. I was a wreck thinking that a plane would explode right on top of me. I finally made it to Brooklyn and stayed there until the bridges re-opened (around 5 or 6 o'cock that night).

And FYI, the sky this morning here in New York is very similar to how it was twelve years ago. Bright blue and beautiful, but it's a little hotter today.

That gave me Goosebumps Pizzaboy.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: TheIsland] #739360
09/11/13 12:31 PM
09/11/13 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TheIsland

How do you think I felt? ohwell

And we live right on the water in Throggs Neck, by the Marina del Ray. From the roof of my house we were able to clearly see the towers smolder for weeks. Weeks!

I'm pretty liberal on a few things, but not this. Fuck the America and Jew hating extremists in the Middle East. I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if nuked that entire region of the world mad.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739364
09/11/13 12:55 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I don't remember reading your account of what happened on that day, Pizzaboy. So thanks for sharing your experience. And thanks for the pictures and background Mary Cas.

I remember being at work and getting a call from my mom that both towers were hit by airplanes. I remember her asking why a pilot would do that and I replied that it had to be terrorism. No sane person would fly a plane into a building.

A bunch of us at work milled about for awhile, obviously not being able to concentrate on doing anything productive. So we walked over to another building on campus that had a TV. We were there 5 minutes and saw the South Tower fall on live TV. Everybody in the room just stopped and we all gasped.

Around 11:00 the Cleveland mayor ordered an evacuation of downtown. Our tallest building, Key Tower, was about one-half the size of the Twin Towers. So it was certainly a viable target. At that point, not all aircraft had been accounted for. My wife & I drove in together that day. When we were driving home, which is normally a 20 minute commute, we heard a radio report that there was a bomb on plane at the Cleveland airport tarmac. This airport was five minutes from where we lived, so traffic was diverted as a precaution. It took us about 2 hours to get home.

If you're not old enough to remember 9/11, this is what I always will remember. ANYTHING was possible on 9/11. Once that first plane hit the North Tower at 8:46 a.m., the world changed The unthinkable had not only occurred, but the fabric of our society was forever altered.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: pizzaboy] #739365
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member

And we live right on the water in Throggs Neck, by the Marina del Ray. From the roof of my house we were able to clearly see the towers smolder for weeks. Weeks!

I'm pretty liberal on a few things, but not this. Fuck the America and Jew hating extremists in the Middle East. I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if nuked that entire region of the world mad.

I don't really follow politics are you half jewish ?

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: pizzaboy] #739366
09/11/13 01:18 PM
09/11/13 01:18 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I was pulling out of my garage, I'd heard on AM radio that a plane hit the Trade Center, so I figured that it was a single engine puddle jumper or something like that. When I got to the EZ Pass lane at the Whitestone Bridge, I saw all the smoke coming from the first tower. That's when I knew it wasn't a prop plane. Too much damage. I was about halfway across the bridge when I looked to my right and saw, with my own eyes, the second plane hit tower two and explode into a fireball. It was the most surrealistic and frightening thing I've ever seen in my life.

OMG! I can't even imagine what watching that happen must of been like. Something i'm sure that is just seared into your brain for the rest of your life. I was watching it on tv and i freaked out so i can just imagine how you must of felt at the time.

I couldn't get hold of any of my family that still lives in the different 5 boroughs and several of them work in Manhattan. It wasn't until a couple days later that i finally knew everyone was ok.

A friend of mine lives right across the river in Fort Lee and was watching from his apt balcony which was on the top floor of the building. He told me he was just stunned.....was hoping it was a bad dream or something.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: Giancarlo] #739369
09/11/13 01:30 PM
09/11/13 01:30 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I was at the site three weeks after September 11, and I will never forget coming out of the subway near the courthouse, and about a mile from ground zero and being hit by the smell of the smolering that was still going on...the burning of flesh....I have never "smelt death" like that before or since. At the site there were wals of posters of the faces of the missing, relatives still asking cops for information about loved ones, people dazed, people crying and as I got to the site the intensity of the ongoing fire, the smell, the burning in my eyes, and the rubble and remains of the shell of one of the towers.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739374
09/11/13 01:41 PM
09/11/13 01:41 PM
B
bobbytran Offline
Capo
bobbytran  Offline
B
Capo
I was 10 years old, my parents were from NY, me and my brother both actually played hooky that day and pretended we were sick just so we could play on our new game boys, my mom said whatever its monday but we couldnt play with our friends on the weekends. My dad didnt go into work that day either since he had irregular work hours. I was out in the living room playing on my gameboy when my dad came bursting out of his room and turned on good morning America. About 5 minutes later the second plane hit on live t.v. I had 3 aunts, 2 uncles, and 2 cousins that lived up their. 1 uncle and 2 cousins firefighter volunteers in L.I. I remember the phone call that day talking to my aunt in oyster bay saying she could see the smoke from across the L.I. sound. I grew up in Florida so I didnt understand the signifigance of the towers. My cousins and uncle were on their way to the city when the towers fell, they themselves lost more than a dozen friends. It definitley changed my outlook on the world since I became interested in the world affairs after that. Despite being ten years old and being to young to understand the gravity of the situation as I do now I know how it feels to of heard my parents talk about it and my relatives seeing it firsthand. I remember what I ate for dinner that night, hamburgers, french fries, and a baked potatoe.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: bobbytran] #739381
09/11/13 02:07 PM
09/11/13 02:07 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Another story....I had a friend in NY who worked for G.E. Capital at the time. They had an uptown office and other offices in the World Trade Center. On Sept 11, my friend with to the uptown office early. Her boss, who was angry about something that had gone on in the WTC into her office and told her he thought she was supposed to be downtown fixing the problem. He had given her a memo on this which she never saw. He told her to get down there right away, so they place a call, to the the WTC office but could not get through. Moments later someone came in to tell them a plane had hit one of the towers (the one where the G.E. Offices were) and the rest we know. Had my friend seen the momo....

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739387
09/11/13 02:23 PM
09/11/13 02:23 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
One of my relatives was working on Wall Street at the time. He knew a bunch of the guys from Cantor Fitzgerald who died that day in the tower. It really shook him up bad.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739389
09/11/13 02:31 PM
09/11/13 02:31 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Follow up to my pictures. I had only been working downtown for 3 weeks. My commute took me into the WTC Path Station. I exited the WTC Station through WTC 2 at 7am that morning. There were fruit and vegetable vendors on the sidewalk at WTC 2. I was going to stop on the way home that day and buy some tomatoes. I often wonder what happened to those vendors.

The aftermath of the tragedy left lasting memories too. If you passed a fire house they had pictures of their fallen brothers on display. Bus stops had pictures of missing people with notes, "have you seen....". As DT recalled about the smoke and smell. Being down wind of the WTC, I smelled it everyday for about 6 weeks. Many people walking the streets in downtown wore dust masks covering their nose and mouth. I did. It was a different downtown Manhattan after 9/11.

9 days after: Smoke rising from the WTC site. Photos taken from the NY Waterway Ferry, which replaced my commute through the Path Tubes.

Smoke blowing across East River, Brooklyn Bridge in the background.

Smoke rising from the WTC site.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739395
09/11/13 03:33 PM
09/11/13 03:33 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
God Bless all the people and their families and friends that lost their lives on that tragic day. A shout out to the EMS workers, Police, Fire and Paramedics that worked tirelessly to restore some kind of order. We buried my grandfather on September 10th and I woke up to my Mom screaming that the towers were hit...I was 24 years old and not a day goes by that I don't think about it.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: TheIsland] #739404
09/11/13 04:46 PM
09/11/13 04:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I don't really follow politics are you half jewish ?

No. I'm Italian-American Catholic. Second generation. But I've lived in New York City, where the Jews are our friends and neighbors, for more than fifty years. And if they're targets, then we're all targets by extension. The way I see it there's really no other way to look at it. And in the post 9/11 world, I believe that we have to stand by the Jews both here and in Israel. But that's just my personal opinion smile.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739405
09/11/13 04:54 PM
09/11/13 04:54 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Pizzaboy i still picture you as Larry David. lol That was your avatar when i first started posting here.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: Giancarlo] #739407
09/11/13 04:57 PM
09/11/13 04:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Pizzaboy i still picture you as Larry David. lol That was your avatar when i first started posting here.

Well, women with unusually large vaginas who label all men as having small penises really get my blood pressure up.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739408
09/11/13 04:59 PM
09/11/13 04:59 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
LOL! lol

Great show, i really hope they come back for another season.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739410
09/11/13 05:05 PM
09/11/13 05:05 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I live in Southern California and was listening to the radio when it happened. Actually I turned on the radio just after the first plane hit. I thought it was a terrible accident until they announced the second plane, then we knew it was a deliberate attack, and based on the 1994 World Trade Center bombing, no doubt the work of Muslim extremists.

About a year later I had my chance to visit the WTC site. It was fenced up and there were pictures and letters posted to it, along with some flowers. I gave my respects. Was amazed how everything else was back to normal in lower Manhattan.

PB is right about standing by the Jews, but I'd add Christians too. In Nigeria, Egypt, Iran and many other places in the Islamic world Christians are persecuted, killed, and churches are bombed. Ironically Israeli Muslims have more freedom in Israel than in most (if not all) Muslim countries.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: Faithful1] #739413
09/11/13 05:09 PM
09/11/13 05:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
PB is right about standing by the Jews, but I'd add Christians too.

No doubt, Faithful. No doubt smile.

Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739414
09/11/13 05:18 PM
09/11/13 05:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I was at a meeting when someone came in and told us the news. I drove back to my office. You could see the World Trade Center from our conference room. The sight was terrifying. It looked as if someone had nuked Manhattan.

My brother lost a good friend who was a lieutenant with the FDNY. My mother's friend lost her grandson, who worked for Cantor Fitzgerald.

We should never forget.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739438
09/11/13 06:12 PM
09/11/13 06:12 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I was in my 7th grade health class when the teachers start talking about it then turn on the news , we watch in silence as the second plane hit the tower. Can't forget that moment, too surreal.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks [Re: NickyEyes1] #739446
09/11/13 06:27 PM
09/11/13 06:27 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Yes.. watching that second plane hit was just so surreal. They were talking on the tv coverage about the first plane and then the second one hit. It reminded me of when the Space Shuttle blew up as i was watching it on tv and even though i saw it blow up i still couldn't believe it. Just unreal when that kind of stuff happens. And then when the tower collapsed i thought how could it get worse and then the other one fell. Just a nightmare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull