GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 254 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,258
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long Island #730233
07/27/13 07:56 PM
07/27/13 07:56 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline OP
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline OP
T
Underboss
Hey guys, thought I'd spark up a conversation we haven't had lately, in all your opinions who's the top guy or money maker out on that desolate Island they call Long, Caridi and the Avellino's are there, so is maybe half the Colombo captains, Tony Elmont and some Bonnano skippers, but to be honest I don't know jack about the area, I barely even go to Jones

Last edited by TonyBoy117; 07/27/13 07:57 PM.
Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730265
07/27/13 09:41 PM
07/27/13 09:41 PM
Longislandguy14 Offline
Made Member
Longislandguy14  Offline
Made Member
Tommy D from the bonnanos is out here. Tino fiumara moved out here before he passed.

Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730287
07/27/13 11:59 PM
07/27/13 11:59 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Corozzos crew... That crew is run from some small ass soccer club out that way. north hempstead? fuck if i know maybe liguy14 knows. Long island is like where guys from queens moved to when they got money. Trucchio has/had a mansion built somewhere out there, most of the guys in tommy sneakers crew live in LI. Tony Federici/romanello, whoever u choose to believe is running that crew, is mostly long island based actually despite the whole corona shit... Jimmy Ida owned a restaurant right near OB, and jimmy was just a beard for the horse. Junior gotti still lives up that way... Johnny Rizzos crew is mostly suburbia SI/LI. Joe francolino. Tony Black Furino, Fat Tony Rabito. Joe Saunders and Nicky Mouths crews live mostly on li. Neil Migliore. Vinny Casablanca Manceone. Not a captain, but joe zitos has a huge shy operation floating out that way. Only colombo guys i can think of is Ralphie Lombardo, and Ady Russo. Sure i left of guys but im pretty tired.

Re: Long Island [Re: Skinny] #730525
07/28/13 07:05 PM
07/28/13 07:05 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Frosinone Soccer Club in Franklin Square on Hempstead Turnpike? Located in between Filomenas restaurant (great food) and Oro Puro, an Italian jewelry store. That whole area is like Long Island's Little Italy. Sapienza's pastry shop is up the block and I know there was a Bonnano connection in the past over there. I heard the Frosinone club was a Luchese spot but that was from a guy who wouldn't really know. There is another spot in Lynbrook... Dunno what crew that is. Southwestern Long Island still has a ton of connected spots and activity. There is a restaurant in Rockville centre is a huge hangout. one in Oceanside is full of wannabes and legit guys alike on a weekend night. Mostly Colombo guys but I'm sure plenty of other crews are represented. There is actually an Irish pub on Long beach road in Oceanside that I went into once and there is definitely some activity in there. Got the "who do you think you are being in here?" look from give guys in Irish hats. My buddy and I beat it outta there.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: Long Island [Re: Brickhouse] #730588
07/29/13 12:54 AM
07/29/13 12:54 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Brickhouse
Frosinone Soccer Club in Franklin Square on Hempstead Turnpike? Located in between Filomenas restaurant (great food) and Oro Puro, an Italian jewelry store. That whole area is like Long Island's Little Italy. Sapienza's pastry shop is up the block and I know there was a Bonnano connection in the past over there. I heard the Frosinone club was a Luchese spot but that was from a guy who wouldn't really know. There is another spot in Lynbrook... Dunno what crew that is. Southwestern Long Island still has a ton of connected spots and activity. There is a restaurant in Rockville centre is a huge hangout. one in Oceanside is full of wannabes and legit guys alike on a weekend night. Mostly Colombo guys but I'm sure plenty of other crews are represented. There is actually an Irish pub on Long beach road in Oceanside that I went into once and there is definitely some activity in there. Got the "who do you think you are being in here?" look from give guys in Irish hats. My buddy and I beat it outta there.

Brickhouse , I have eaten there many times, Filomenas and King Umbertos down the road, and I have to say, that is heavy Mexican and South American immigrant area, not a Little Italy or even close to it. I have passed that club you speak of, one of the men form there hangs out in local restaurant bars. He speaks Italian mostly, they are all from some small town in Italy at that club. But I see no Mafia connection, unless you are saying them being from Italy makes them so. There are some Italian food places, but also many Caribbean ones along with he Spanish ones.

I am not familiar with Oceanside, what are Irish hats?

Re: Long Island [Re: jace] #730589
07/29/13 01:05 AM
07/29/13 01:05 AM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
I actually should say that that area USED to be a mini little italy... And you still see vestiges of that.... Little pockets in Franklin square, elmont, floral park etc. As far as the club goes I have no independent knowledge of what goes on there, just going by what I have heard and by the similarity of Skinny's description to that place. King Umbertos is great food, although they are a bit heavy on using the same sauce on everything. As far as Irish hats... It's what me and my friends call the kangol style hats... And I'm allowed to say it because I'm Irish.... Anyone who is familiar with that entire area would know that in the past, meacham avenue running up to Hempstead turnpike and that area in general used to be and in some cases still is very Italian. That being said u r right... Very heavily Latin American these days...

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730774
07/29/13 09:23 PM
07/29/13 09:23 PM
The South
oldirtyfishkilla Offline
Button
oldirtyfishkilla  Offline
Button
The South
Michael Franseze's former "enforcer" still lives on Long Island.

Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730804
07/29/13 11:11 PM
07/29/13 11:11 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Brick, the location sounds right but thats not the name. There are several hangout spots. In jersey bc of the complex liquor liscense laws most wiseguys dont open a bar or restaurant like u would see in gravesend or dyker hts, etc. liscenses can cost anywhere from 30-500k. And can get revoked if ur found associating with oc figures. Most will be owned by relatives or associates, and are functioning places of business. In brooklyn i can think of 3 examples of clubs/bars owned outright by captains. Today i mean. In nj they would be in a crew member/family member name.

Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730805
07/29/13 11:12 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Brick, the location sounds right but thats not the name. There are several hangout spots. In jersey bc of the complex liquor liscense laws most wiseguys dont open a bar or restaurant like u would see in gravesend or dyker hts, etc. liscenses can cost anywhere from 30-500k. And can get revoked if ur found associating with oc figures. Most will be owned by relatives or associates, and are functioning places of business. In brooklyn i can think of 3 examples of clubs/bars owned outright by captains. Today i mean. In nj they would be in a crew member/family member name.

Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730806
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss

Re: Long Island [Re: TonyBoy117] #730807
07/29/13 11:17 PM
07/29/13 11:17 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
"I'm a gonna get the papers, get the papers."

/me chuckles.

wink

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Long Island [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #730958
07/30/13 05:04 PM
07/30/13 05:04 PM
L
Long_Island Offline
Wiseguy
Long_Island  Offline
L
Wiseguy
South shore LI is packed. Caramelli is on the same block as Demeo used to live in Massapequa. He's with Manonne I think. bellmore has Lombaardo, corrozzo, dragonetti, and tarlone. Jimmy Boy lives in a small home in Amityville. All within 10 miles.

Deer park has Cacace, giordano (blond), and santora.

Uvino's club in Islip is still running - not sure by whom.
2108 route 111 hauppauge. check out white building on google maps. no more son's of Italy sign though. just a huge 2108. 30 cars there at night.

farmingdale has tommy shots - wantagh is Russo (i think).

Re: Long Island [Re: Long_Island] #730969
07/30/13 06:49 PM
07/30/13 06:49 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
You can say that again Skinny lol. Yeah Long Island is packed with made guys and associates who live here and "work" here. Richard Gotti lived in Valley Stream. John Gotti's mom lived there too. I dunno if it was mentioned above but Mastrangelo of the Gambinos is on Long Island as well. Uvino's crew has to be one of the major players in gambling in Suffolk county. Plenty of low level guys out here trying to make a buck whether its through fencing, counterfeit goods (jerseys are huge, also DVDs) etc. Go to a number of Italian restaurants on the south shore or a north shore steakhouse on a weekend night and you can spot em from a mile away. You just sorta get used to it as a fixture in the area.

Re: Long Island [Re: Brickhouse] #731081
07/31/13 09:24 AM
07/31/13 09:24 AM
L
Long_Island Offline
Wiseguy
Long_Island  Offline
L
Wiseguy
Tommy D and Caridi live about a mile apart. I wonder if they know that.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull