GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Non Italian made members [Re: SC] #736415
08/23/13 07:22 PM
08/23/13 07:22 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: carmela
Try on any Italian with any of that Moor/Black shit and you're getting popped in the nose. No 2 ways about it.

All "whites" have some black DNA. Some ethnic groups have a higher percentage than others. Depends on how strict you want to define a certain group or race.

It basically comes down to we are all one race. The human race.
Not Carmela she is from mean race ,Just ask her ,I am not

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Thaddeus] #736420
08/23/13 07:31 PM
08/23/13 07:31 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
I remember my grandmother would always hate it when I suggested that maybe we had moor/black ancenstry but honestly, after seeing all of the studies that have come out over the years, I think it's pretty well know that many Italians have moor/black/middle eastern etc. ancestry.

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Serpiente] #736424
08/23/13 07:38 PM
08/23/13 07:38 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Try on any Italian with any of that Moor/Black shit and you're getting popped in the nose. No 2 ways about it.

All "whites" have some black DNA. Some ethnic groups have a higher percentage than others. Depends on how strict you want to define a certain group or race.

Not Carmela she is from mean race ,Just ask her ,I am not

I am mean, you're right. Tell your friends.

Aside from that, I don't care who's got black in them, etc etc. Even my husband never cares or engages in this conversation. He's born in sicily that's all he cares about, the rest...meh...
I just know how others react to this sort of stuff.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Thaddeus] #736448
08/23/13 10:50 PM
08/23/13 10:50 PM
Eastern Europe
S
Slava Offline
Button
Slava  Offline
S
Button
Eastern Europe
I said Arabs not 'blacks'. 'Moor' is a medieval term for Muslim population in northern Africa and Muslims in Europe (Iberia, Sicily). They were mostly Arabs and Berbers/some other northern African ethnicity that converted to islam, ie. 'whites' (Caucasoid/Europid race, to use the correct term). They weren't 'black', they just had some black slaves and soldiers with them, that's why Europeans often portrayed 'Moors' as blacks in some exotic depictions and heraldry. It's far from reality. I don't see how Italians would have any black ancestry.

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Slava] #736449
08/23/13 10:55 PM
08/23/13 10:55 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Slava
I said Arabs not 'blacks'. 'Moor' is a medieval term for Muslim population in northern Africa and Muslims in Europe (Iberia, Sicily). They were mostly Arabs and Berbers/some other northern African ethnicity that converted to islam, ie. 'whites' (Caucasoid/Europid race, to use the correct term). They weren't 'black', they just had some black slaves and soldiers with them, that's why Europeans often portrayed 'Moors' as blacks in some exotic depictions and heraldry. It's far from reality. I don't see how Italians would have any black ancestry.

I only used the term Moors b/c it was mentioned by someone else in either this thread or another one. That's not my term.

For the record, I agree with your post here 100% but others are ignorant to most of this.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Thaddeus] #736451
08/23/13 11:45 PM
08/23/13 11:45 PM
United States
Connected Offline
Associate
Connected  Offline
Associate
United States
Blood in blood out your shell is just that.

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: SC] #736452
08/23/13 11:52 PM
08/23/13 11:52 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest

All "whites" have some black DNA.

What does that even mean? Do you even know about haplogroup data?

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Non Italian made members [Re: SC] #736457
08/24/13 12:09 AM
08/24/13 12:09 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Well yeah we're all human. But I'm pretty sure I don't have an ounce of African American blood in me. Just saying

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Non Italian made members [Re: carmela] #736475
08/24/13 08:43 AM
08/24/13 08:43 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
My wife is Sicilian .and she gets tougher each day... but sometimes she not so nice...

Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Thaddeus] #736477
08/24/13 08:53 AM
08/24/13 08:53 AM
Eastern Europe
S
Slava Offline
Button
Slava  Offline
S
Button
Eastern Europe
Southern Italians are sometimes insulted if someone says that they have non-European ancestors because that's what racists from Northern Italy who don't like southerners like to point out, to 'explain' why southerners are 'inferior' to northern Italians. You even have this Padania movement in Northern Italy which wants to see the north independent from the rest of Italy and looks down on southerners. So it's natural that southern Italians are defensive when it comes to this issue, because they suspect that they're drealing with some anti-southern chauvnistic Padanian nationalism.

It's the same in the Balkans where certain nations are accused of having a lot of "Turkish blood" in them.

When I say that they have Arab blood it's strictly because I think it's true, I don't have any agenda and I don't want to be provocative or anything. It's nothing to be ashamed of anyway, Arabs who invaded Sicily were civilized and Norman-Arab culture in Sicily prospered for many years. Those 'Arabs'/Moors were mostly north Africans who were part of Roman civilization when Germanic/Nordic people were still living in woods.

Last edited by Slava; 08/24/13 08:57 AM.
Re: Non Italian made members [Re: Slava] #736481
08/24/13 09:14 AM
08/24/13 09:14 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Southern Italians are sometimes insulted if someone says that they have non-European ancestors because that's what racists from Northern Italy who don't like southerners like to point out, to 'explain' why southerners are 'inferior' to northern Italians. You even have this Padania movement in Northern Italy which wants to see the north independent from the rest of Italy and looks down on southerners. So it's natural that southern Italians are defensive when it comes to this issue, because they suspect that they're drealing with some anti-southern chauvnistic Padanian nationalism.

It's the same in the Balkans where certain nations are accused of having a lot of "Turkish blood" in them.

When I say that they have Arab blood it's strictly because I think it's true, I don't have any agenda and I don't want to be provocative or anything. It's nothing to be ashamed of anyway, Arabs who invaded Sicily were civilized and Norman-Arab culture in Sicily prospered for many years. Those 'Arabs'/Moors were mostly north Africans who were part of Roman civilization when Germanic/Nordic people were still living in woods.

well put Thankyou

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull