GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, BAM_233, 1 invisible), 279 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,579
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,049
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,515
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,392
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gambino boss #727564
07/18/13 12:39 PM
07/18/13 12:39 PM
Oklahoma
J
Jrtyler Offline OP
Wiseguy
Jrtyler  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
Oklahoma

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727566
07/18/13 12:48 PM
07/18/13 12:48 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I always said Cali is happy where he is and didn't want the heat. But, I also always said what Cefalu wants, he'll get. That being said, is it possible that not one of these bubblegum sites gets Cefalu's age correct?

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727567
07/18/13 12:51 PM
07/18/13 12:51 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
what a load of horse shit. Who the fuck wrote that article??? Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!". Fucking bullshit. Even assuming he turned it down, (or was even offered it) theyre still fucking liars bc they claim to have a source who was at that meeting.

FOX NEWS===BUNCH OF CLOSET COCKSUCKERS....

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727569
07/18/13 12:54 PM
07/18/13 12:54 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Carm it also appears that nobody else seems to know the exact name of the bakery he works at either.... Yet all these sites claim to have some new inside scoop... stealing from capeci smh. And capecis interns probly steal info from here.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727573
07/18/13 12:59 PM
07/18/13 12:59 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Carm it also appears that nobody else seems to know the exact name of the bakery he works at either.... Yet all these sites claim to have some new inside scoop... stealing from capeci smh. And capecis interns probly steal info from here.

Agreed! And this article is written by the same Murray Weiss, who originally put out that Cali was up for boss. Now he's in fucking shit over it and had to somehow retract his first bullshit article.
Now I know why the same mistakes are made, it's the same douchebag writing it.

And yeah yeah, i know...Murray Weiss is a reputable journalist, blah blah blah... rolleyes

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727574
07/18/13 01:02 PM
07/18/13 01:02 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
You been to that house on the hill rd carm? Its fucking huge, i was kinda surprised how flashy it was at first. I saw a blacked out s550 in the drive way tell me thats not his...

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727576
07/18/13 01:06 PM
07/18/13 01:06 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
You been to that house on the hill rd carm? Its fucking huge, i was kinda surprised how flashy it was at first. I saw a blacked out s550 in the drive way tell me thats not his...

No, never been to his house. I do know he has a black mercedes sl550, though. Did I mention that on here? I dont think so. I know I told it to somebody, was it you? Anyhow, yeah that's his.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727580
07/18/13 01:12 PM
07/18/13 01:12 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
I made a special trip to slow down bc i wanted to see his house when i was on my way from jersey to bk, i cut thru the hill and went by his house and saw it parked there. You mustve mentioned it to someone else, i didnt know if it was his or not, pretty bad, that car screams gangster. I know a lot of guys get black benzes and caddys to look the part, but still, if u actually fit the profile, id steer clear of flashy shit, drive a buick like you were from the bronx.... Idk how these papers keep saying hes low key... its ridiculous. Hes no john gotti but hes far FAR from chin.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727585
07/18/13 01:23 PM
07/18/13 01:23 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I made a special trip to slow down bc i wanted to see his house when i was on my way from jersey to bk, i cut thru the hill and went by his house and saw it parked there. You mustve mentioned it to someone else, i didnt know if it was his or not, pretty bad, that car screams gangster. I know a lot of guys get black benzes and caddys to look the part, but still, if u actually fit the profile, id steer clear of flashy shit, drive a buick like you were from the bronx.... Idk how these papers keep saying hes low key... its ridiculous. Hes no john gotti but hes far FAR from chin.

lol I remember now who I said it to on here now. I was just talking about Cali's car about a month ago because my husband had just gotten a red sl550 and it came up in conversation. Except ours doesn't have the blacked windows and my husband added the whole bottom kit and low profile rims, etc. The car is sick and I'm allowed to drive it! lol What was I talking about? I got stuck talking about myself again. grin

Anyway, it's Cali's.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: carmela] #727589
07/18/13 01:37 PM
07/18/13 01:37 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela

Agreed! And this article is written by the same Murray Weiss, who originally put out that Cali was up for boss. Now he's in fucking shit over it and had to somehow retract his first bullshit article.

And yeah yeah, i know...Murray Weiss is a reputable journalist, blah blah blah... rolleyes

I think you may be exactly right about that. He was the only one to have reported on Cali getting the top slot. Nobody else backed that story up and now this may be his way of retracting the original story.

Congrats on the SL550, thats a real sweet ride.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727591
07/18/13 01:46 PM
07/18/13 01:46 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
And if you read the original full article it says the Gambino's are:

"considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family" to be the next boss.

Seems pretty unlikely to me that they would go outside of NY for someone to take over the family. It just sounds like bullshit to me.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727592
07/18/13 01:48 PM
07/18/13 01:48 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Here is the original full article by Murray Weiss on the DNAInfo site.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130718/little-italy/mob-pick-for-gambino-godfather-turns-down-job

Mob Pick for Gambino Godfather Turns Down the Job

By Murray Weiss
July 18, 2013

NEW YORK CITY — They made him an offer — but he refused.

Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali, the heir apparent to the Gambino Crime Family throne, turned down the honor to become “Godfather” of the nation’s largest Mafia organization, sources told “On The Inside.”

At a stunning, secret mob summit on June 29, the powerful, 49-year-old Brooklyn-based capo shocked his Gambino bosses and fellow captains by telling them that he would eschew position.

Four days before the meeting, “On The Inside" reported that Cali was the choice among his comrades, who respected Cali’s strong low-key, old-world approach to doing business successfully without attracting fanfare or agita.

But Cali told his brothers that while he was moved by their support, he would not accept the promotion to run the family’s billion-dollar concerns.

“I don’t need the money, the headaches. I am OK with things and I am below the radar and not an attention-seeker,” Cali told his Gambino brethren, according to sources.

And, one source said, the Gambinos understood — or at least that’s the party line.

After all, along with receiving vastly lucrative cash tribute from every corner of the sprawling crime family, there are headaches that would make Tony Soprano’s head spin, including having to accept an outsized bulls-eye on one’s back from law enforcement, if not from gangsters upset with his decision to pass up the job.

One thing is certain: Cali would not be kidding about his wealth. Sources say he practically runs the city’s food industry and is worth an estimated $30 million from those businesses, real estate holdings and cafés he owns.

But some law enforcement sources are not so quick to believe the talk that Cali turned down the job. They say it may be a Mafia “disinformation” campaign designed to throw off law enforcement.

“Why would he turn down a job where all the other captains want him?” a skeptical veteran mob hunter asked. “If they thought he would not take it, they would not have picked him.”

Cali — a native New Yorker who traces his roots firmly to Sicily — was set to take over the Gambinos because the current boss, Domenico "Greaseball" Cefalu, 76, who is also a native Sicilian, indicated he wanted to step aside to allow his younger protégé to take the reins of the family's lucrative gambling, loansharking and construction rackets.

Cefalu, who has a long history of heroin smuggling and has done several stints in prison, took over a family once ruled by John “The Dapper Don” Gotti and the group's infamous namesake, Carlo Gambino. Cefalu reduced the public profile and broke with the flashy, headline-grabbing era marked by Gotti, whose visage once graced the cover of Time magazine.

Gotti died of throat cancer in prison in 2002.

Sources say Cefalu wanted Cali to take his place, and so did the other captains who were looking to Cali to breathe some money-making life back into their ranks.

Cali’s parents immigrated to Brooklyn from Palermo, Italy, and he got his start in the mob by running a fruit store on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn called Arcobaleno, which means "rainbow" in Italian. The feds say it doubled as a front for criminal activities.

Cali made his bones under the Gottis while operating in Manhattan, Brooklyn and New Jersey. According to the FBI, he officially became the Gambino "ambassador to the Sicilian Mafia" and a rising star when Gotti and Salvatore "Sammy Bull" Gravano roamed the city, ruling rackets and murdering dozens of people.

He eventually married into mob royalty when he wed the daughter of one of the Inzerillos, who are known as one of the Mafia powerhouses in Italy. He is also a nephew of John and Joseph Gambino, who are influential hoods connected to the famous “Pizza Connection” drug trafficking case of the 1980s.

If the Gambinos are forced back to the Godfather drawing board, sources say they may go out of town for a successor, and are considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family.

It remains to be seen on surveillance video, or heard on wiretaps, precisely what the truth is.

Over the past several decades, and thanks to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act, the feds have severely reduced the influence of the Gambinos and the other four crime families, breaking their grip on the billion-dollar labor union and construction industries.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727595
07/18/13 01:52 PM
07/18/13 01:52 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
"considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family"

Who the hell could that possibly be? Isn't the currently-in-the-can Anthony Megale the boss of that faction? He seems pretty low-rent (and associated with morons like Greg DePalma) along with constantly being in the can. If he was so powerful, you think someone would have been made in CT in the last 25 years.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 07/18/13 02:07 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727602
07/18/13 02:10 PM
07/18/13 02:10 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
the whole thing is bullshit

DISINFO

how the fuck would Murray fuckin Weiss know

top hood in Connecticut running the Gambino's?

Im from CT and thats laughable

When Interpol?
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727604
07/18/13 02:11 PM
07/18/13 02:11 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!".

lol

When Interpol?
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727605
07/18/13 02:13 PM
07/18/13 02:13 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

He's makes enough legit money that I don't think it matters what kind of car her drives.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Giancarlo] #727625
07/18/13 03:07 PM
07/18/13 03:07 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: carmela

I think you may be exactly right about that. He was the only one to have reported on Cali getting the top slot. Nobody else backed that story up and now this may be his way of retracting the original story.

Congrats on the SL550, thats a real sweet ride.

It's really a gorgeous car. Especially the tires and rims. And totally practical! As long as I dont hit any speed bumps, speed humps, pot holes, manholes, ANY holes, big rocks or go over train tracks, it's awesome. grin

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Skinny] #727818
07/19/13 04:13 AM
07/19/13 04:13 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
what a load of horse shit. Who the fuck wrote that article??? Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!". Fucking bullshit. Even assuming he turned it down, (or was even offered it) theyre still fucking liars bc they claim to have a source who was at that meeting.

FOX NEWS===BUNCH OF CLOSET COCKSUCKERS....

+1000

Weiss lost me at.... 'The nations largest borgata', after that, it really turned to shit.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727831
07/19/13 08:56 AM
07/19/13 08:56 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
the bogus quotes from "sources" is all bullshit...how the fuck does some Jew know what frank cali said

and im not racist, i married a Jew....just sayin

When Interpol?
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727840
07/19/13 10:48 AM
07/19/13 10:48 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
So who do u guys think should be the next boss? I think tommy sneakers would make a good one

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Gambino boss [Re: thebigfella] #727844
07/19/13 11:39 AM
07/19/13 11:39 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
So who do u guys think should be the next boss? I think tommy sneakers would make a good one

Next boss? Cefalu is the boss, end of.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: thebigfella] #727848
07/19/13 11:52 AM
07/19/13 11:52 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Vincent "Vinny Butch" Corrao should be next boss.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: thebigfella] #727851
07/19/13 11:57 AM
07/19/13 11:57 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

respectfully disagree

When Interpol?
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727879
07/19/13 12:55 PM
07/19/13 12:55 PM
Florida these days
Logomassini Offline
Made Member
Logomassini  Offline
Made Member
Florida these days
Honestly if these sites or Fox News did in fact get this info from some source they claim they have, I would be willing to bet its nothing more than disinformation. The Gambinos have become much more secretive and smarter now that the Gotti era is well over and Cefalu has returned the family to the Sicilian way of running a family. I for one actually believe that Cali has become the Boss, and they're just saying he turned it down to throw the Feds off. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Cefalu will remain quietly behind the scenes still pulling a majority of the strings. He's a very mysterious man and always has been. Other than his heroin offenses and drug trafficking wrap I see him as a very smart and calculated person. I would say that anything that comes out as news from these media outlets supposed "source" is in fact The Gambinos throwing out disinformation.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: thebigfella] #727882
07/19/13 01:03 PM
07/19/13 01:03 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss

Respectfully, not a chance.

Re: Gambino boss [Re: F_white] #727883
07/19/13 01:05 PM
07/19/13 01:05 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: F_white
Vincent "Vinny Butch" Corrao should be next boss.

What makes u think this? Hes the toughest guy on mulberry street!

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727890
07/19/13 01:34 PM
07/19/13 01:34 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Nobody wants the job. Look at what happened to every Gambino boss and potential boss for the past 20 years.

Last edited by mulberry; 07/19/13 06:07 PM.
Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727893
07/19/13 01:41 PM
07/19/13 01:41 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
the feds probably heard him turn the job down from three different wired capo's

good sound quality and everything

Re: Gambino boss [Re: Jrtyler] #727958
07/19/13 05:36 PM
07/19/13 05:36 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
@gambino: its clear the old man dose'nt want it so the next logical step is give it to some one who does

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Gambino boss [Re: thebigfella] #727960
07/19/13 05:49 PM
07/19/13 05:49 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
@gambino: its clear the old man dose'nt want it so the next logical step is give it to some one who does

It's clear? Clear to who?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull