GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 294 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,835
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Scorsese] #741223
09/22/13 02:14 PM
09/22/13 02:14 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
With philly i think its more to do with opportunism amongst members that keeps them going. When someones weak they get moved on. With bruno i think the family would have fizzled out if he survived and carried on being boss until he died because i dont think he would have made or recruited the people that scarfo did during his reign.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741231
09/22/13 03:05 PM
09/22/13 03:05 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Salvatore Pellullo can't give them anything on Nick Jr. that they don't already have. If he were given any chance to cooperate it probably has already past, since the trial is about to begin. Pellulo honestly thought he was going to make bail and then skate. If I stole a lot of money I would not be hanging around PHL NJ or NY I would be on a plane to Belgium.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Giancarlo] #741234
09/22/13 03:43 PM
09/22/13 03:43 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Looks like Pelullo still has his online blog, but he hasn't updated it since august 4.

http://salvatorepelullo.blogspot.com/

What a Sissy he has a picture of himself on stage dressed as one of the village people. Does that make him non-violent because he's associated with a group of known homosexuals while on vacation with his ex-wife! lol

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741242
09/22/13 04:48 PM
09/22/13 04:48 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Yea island you are right on that one,but he does have more,there are things he was privy to,

Dam shame but he has been around a long time,and my boy was sloppy with letting people in on this and other big rackets, there is more and he knows it.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Serpiente] #741244
09/22/13 05:00 PM
09/22/13 05:00 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Yea island you are right on that one,but he does have more,there are things he was privy to,

Dam shame but he has been around a long time,and my boy was sloppy with letting people in on this and other big rackets, there is more and he knows it.

Damn Serp. you just about know everyone in PHL NJ and NY. Who are you Joe Massino?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741245
09/22/13 05:05 PM
09/22/13 05:05 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
no just the old heads ,none of the new crews

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Serpiente] #741246
09/22/13 05:12 PM
09/22/13 05:12 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
no just the old heads ,none of the new crews

Yeah you ever wash Nick's Caddy for him

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741247
09/22/13 05:14 PM
09/22/13 05:14 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
yea plenty of times,and the olds,and the work trucks,

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741248
09/22/13 05:16 PM
09/22/13 05:16 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
I remember a gathering in Florida I really wanted to meet Nicky SR. I bought a card and put $100 bill in it. But I saw him and Santo with Phil at the other end of the ship so I just threw the card in the ocean and but that benny back in my pocket.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741249
09/22/13 05:18 PM
09/22/13 05:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Times are a lot diff,nicky was on top and Joe Ligambi was just a hang around,he would come down with yogi,now they call him boss

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741250
09/22/13 05:24 PM
09/22/13 05:24 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Serpiente - doesn't everyone just start as a hang around ? No offense but NS decimated the philly LCN - Uncle Joe is away for now but there has been some stability in the last decade or so ... Isn't that what it's all about ?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741257
09/22/13 06:38 PM
09/22/13 06:38 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Yea,Jose he was just a little older then most of us,and he was just not in our gang,i don't mean mafia gang,i mean the guys we ran with ,chased girls hit the bars,That came out a little rude on the other post,if you see the ones before thats why is was so quick, he is and was a good dude in my book.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741258
09/22/13 07:04 PM
09/22/13 07:04 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
I hear you Serpiente - you must be around Phil's age then? I know we've gone back and forth on the old AC days - must have been some interesting times back in the 80s. It'll be interesting days ahead in Philly under Stevie .. Feds say latest roundup crippled the crew - I disagree , lots of guys still out there and some of your generation recently out or getting out ...

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741499
09/24/13 01:52 PM
09/24/13 01:52 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Jose : I don't know any of the new guys ,I mean after 91, skinny, George , uncle Joe, but the rest i only know whats in the news.

I have had talks with people in the know after 91 but that was just a few of the old family,

There is still guys that were not made around here, just never see them unless i bump into them at the bar or supermarket(no joke)Man how things change..Just wish i could tell some stuff, besides the color of a house or what kind of car ,or the street,bars we went to.

But people like that don't like when you say more then casual conversation .

And it looks like it could get very interesting in philly ,hole mix of guys there,some old names(not to be taken lightly)

Shame there is money to be made in south jersey to but the C.C.C. has the philly guys faces so they have a hard time down here,
Every now and then you get some smart new faces in and they clean up down here ,but always seam to get pinched, just when the cash is flowing .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741530
09/24/13 05:02 PM
09/24/13 05:02 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Well it's been quiet for a little while in Philly outside of the dipietro hit. Gotta think that older heads will start to clash - I bet Stevie will run a real tight ship - doesn't seem like someone to mess with at all. Always a friendly guy though when I've seen him around - that whole crew ; Chang Lance and Stevie. A few more years and they will have Marty and Georgie back like the good ol days. My question is if joe beats this case and it looks weak what does Stevie do then ?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741533
09/24/13 05:24 PM
09/24/13 05:24 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Man i can't call it,First Joey puts him self there,(no secret guys down here do not like him)has nothing to do with his last name,cus i we loved Lawrence and brother.

I would think that Joe would get it back, no one unseats a boss right?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741557
09/24/13 08:42 PM
09/24/13 08:42 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Is angelo lutz in the picture, he was funny and hung with those guy all the time I figured they give him a pity button maybe when his best friend george comes home. I read a article on him he 100%italian he grand dad shortend the name he did 9 yrs for gambling. Did horsehead come back to philly since his brother got out. You think theyll keep joe grande on the shelf cause his brother ligambi put him thrre. They made that guy waynes kid thats screwed up. But uncle joe got life cause of grande brother. I read mazzone half irish that might not be a good look for a boss nowadays. Hets my guess on the structure. Naducci acting underboss mazzone street boss. Naducchi got all scarfo guy lance got the young south phill guy and scoops controls all of jersey north and south. He probaly made a couple more guys to beef up the jersey crew since he was aquited and with the luchese nj crew all indicted scoops and philly can start making moves he might be acting consig rite now to I still believe joeys the boss. All guess but they are doin better then the 90tys.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: pmac] #741559
09/24/13 08:57 PM
09/24/13 08:57 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pmac
Is angelo lutz in the picture, he was funny and hung with those guy all the time I figured they give him a pity button maybe when his best friend george comes home. I read a article on him he 100%italian he grand dad shortend the name he did 9 yrs for gambling. Did horsehead come back to philly since his brother got out. You think theyll keep joe grande on the shelf cause his brother ligambi put him thrre. They made that guy waynes kid thats screwed up. But uncle joe got life cause of grande brother. I read mazzone half irish that might not be a good look for a boss nowadays. Hets my guess on the structure. Naducci acting underboss mazzone street boss. Naducchi got all scarfo guy lance got the young south phill guy and scoops controls all of jersey north and south. He probaly made a couple more guys to beef up the jersey crew since he was aquited and with the luchese nj crew all indicted scoops and philly can start making moves he might be acting consig rite now to I still believe joeys the boss. All guess but they are doin better then the 90tys.
Joey Merlino's former cook and fellow mob associate seeks crowdfunding for restaurant expansion

Angelo Lutz is gambling again. This time, the ex-mob associate hopes to avoid prison.
The former cook for mob boss Joey Merlino has found culinary stardom in South Jersey's BYOB capital, Collingswood, since his release in 2008 from prison, where he served seven years for racketeering, gambling, and extortion.
Now, Lutz is wagering he has the recipe for even bigger restaurant success.
He is moving his 11-table Kitchen Consigliere Cafe from cramped side-street quarters on Powell Lane to a venue three times the size a couple of blocks away at Collings and Haddon Avenues, in the heart of the business district.
The big guy - "Fat Ange" is now 320 pounds, down from a no-exercise-yard-for-him 470 pounds when he left the joint - has grand plans for the improved Kitchen Consigliere Cafe, scheduled to open by mid-October.
He's not only talking about a steadily packed house, with room for 85 per mangiare comodamente in dining areas that pay tribute to Hollywood underworld characters. Lutz also envisions franchise potential, with Kitchen Consigliere Cafes in every metropolitan area where dons do, or have done, what they do.
"The mob is like a brand," Lutz said. "It sells."
He won't say what that has meant to his restaurant's bottom line since it opened in November 2010, other than that he serves 1,600 dinners a month and turns away 80 to 100 potential patrons weekly because of limited space.
But the cost of renovations at the new place, formerly Knight's Bistro, has exceeded original estimates, causing Lutz to dip into money set aside for the first few weeks' operating costs, said business consultant Marty Schieken of Cherry Hill, whose family used to own 15 Shop 'n Bag stores in South Jersey before selling them in 1991.
Kitchen Consigliere has turned to the public for help, launching an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign Aug. 13 to raise $25,000.
As his restaurant's name indicates, Lutz is not exactly a vault about the transgressions that led to his prison stay. He's also straight up about them as part of his online appeal at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/restaurant-expansion: "Unable to borrow funds from banks because of a past felony conviction."
That's followed by venting about banks and policies that prohibit lending to convicted felons.
"Is this a fair practice considering Angelo is now a productive tax paying member of society? We say no, and hope you agree," the site says.
It urges those who "believe in second chances, redemption and modern day success stories" to help Lutz "live his dream and prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks." Perks include a sausage meatball appetizer and dinner with Lutz at "the consigliere's table."
As of Sunday night, Lutz was almost a third of the way to his goal, with $8,230 raised from at least 56 funders and eight days remaining in the campaign.
"This is a reality," he said last week, seated amid work crews, sawdust, and storyboards detailing the new restaurant's interior design, a matter of much secrecy.
The restaurant will open whether the $25,000 is raised or not, though things will be a lot tighter, said Lutz, 49, who lives with his cat, Sonny Franzese, named after a New York mobster, in the South Philadelphia house he inherited from his late parents, Angelo and Helen.
At least a dozen banks have turned down his request for about $100,000 in financing, leaving Lutz to rely on personal loans secured with promissory notes, he and Schieken said.
"There's no money that could be considered from 'the old boys,' " Schieken added.
Asked why anyone should have faith contributing money to a guy who used to lose $15,000 to $20,000 in a day gambling on sports, Lutz said: "This isn't 'Let me get your money, and the place isn't opening up.' . . . I know it's hard to trust people, but the bottom line is this is real. We have to trust, we have to trust a little bit."
The topic brought Schieken to tears. He would not say how much he has invested in the new restaurant, but he said he had found Lutz to be a man of "an amazing amount of honesty and integrity" in the two years he had known him and had helped turn Kitchen Consigliere "around from a substantial loss to a fair profit."
"It's not what he did then, it's what he's doing now," Schieken said.
Collingswood Mayor James Maley said Lutz had "had great success and great fun marketing his past, but it's his past."
Of the new Kitchen Consigliere Cafe, Maley said: "I think it will be a big hit. And I mean that not in a double way!"
Cardiologist Nicholas DePace, who took care of Lutz's parents, has donated $1,500 to their son's new restaurant. His 8-foot Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. statues will be on display in its Rat Pack Lounge.
"He really has made a 180-degree turnaround and has really rehabilitated himself," DePace said.
Except for the weight.
"We're going to work on that," the doctor said.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741560
09/24/13 08:58 PM
09/24/13 08:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I cant remember if it was joe grande or the milano brother who got shelved. But wayne grande kis is a suspect in that last mob hit with nicodemo. How you gonna shelf a guy but make a rat son. That guy fish carfaro son will never get made and is tight with the bosses but since his dad flipd they wont make him. Where is the milano guy nicky whip flided I think. Phill got alot of good aged guys to run the mob there. Not dinosaurs like the westside but guys in the50tys I guessin they got 20 active soldiers in philly and a ton of wannabes. Merlinos like the best recruitor for the mob in the country guy is just super cool. Like staino said if he sneezes 5 kids would pull out hanker chiefs.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: pmac] #741561
09/24/13 09:12 PM
09/24/13 09:12 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: pmac
I cant remember if it was joe grande or the milano brother who got shelved. But wayne grande kis is a suspect in that last mob hit with nicodemo. How you gonna shelf a guy but make a rat son. That guy fish carfaro son will never get made and is tight with the bosses but since his dad flipd they wont make him. Where is the milano guy nicky whip flided I think. Phill got alot of good aged guys to run the mob there. Not dinosaurs like the westside but guys in the50tys I guessin they got 20 active soldiers in philly and a ton of wannabes. Merlinos like the best recruitor for the mob in the country guy is just super cool. Like staino said if he sneezes 5 kids would pull out hanker chiefs.

Nicky Milano is shelved his brother Gino got uncle joe life not the grande brother

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741609
09/25/13 09:33 AM
09/25/13 09:33 AM
J
JoeP Offline
Button
JoeP  Offline
J
Button
I was in south philly yesterday..heavy mix of mexicans & yuppies. One half of 9th st market is nothing but mexican stores, where do the south philly guys operate out of?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: JoeP] #741623
09/25/13 10:35 AM
09/25/13 10:35 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: JoeP
I was in south philly yesterday..heavy mix of mexicans & yuppies. One half of 9th st market is nothing but mexican stores, where do the south philly guys operate out of?

Good food though! head up to kennsington if you want some live gangsters out on the street everyday

Last edited by merlino; 09/25/13 10:36 AM.
Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741652
09/25/13 11:41 AM
09/25/13 11:41 AM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Go south on passyunk and you'll run into some places and see different guys. There is a private social club on 11th I think down near Oregon street where some guys hang. Spend enough time down in south Philly and you'll see see see then .. It's small world down there and during the nice weather everyone is out and about

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741663
09/25/13 01:35 PM
09/25/13 01:35 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
There a decent sized borgata, not big by any stretch but sufficent for what they have, Mazzone seems to have outgrown Joey Merlino and all of his bullshit and people are saying his brothers a captain now, sounds like he's taking a bigger hand in things, The "Merlino" guys are most likely now his guys ie Angelina, Lance, Chang, etc, on the other hand and mind you I know most of my philly stuff from the Internet, I'm thinking Both Narducci's, Grande, Joe Pung, and Scafidi are gunna be the ones we will hear about in the coming months and years, I bet everyone's in from the Scarfo days except maybe Iannece and Milano

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Jose] #741665
09/25/13 01:57 PM
09/25/13 01:57 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Joselevens
There is a private social club on 11th I think down near Oregon street where some guys hang.

Do you just make shit up?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741668
09/25/13 02:20 PM
09/25/13 02:20 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Spmob - I was thinking of the broadway theatrical club on 13th - thought that was a hangout

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741669
09/25/13 02:21 PM
09/25/13 02:21 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
It's tremendously hard for me to believe that Philly is on "solid ground." I give Joe Ligambi the utmost credit for stepping in and bringing respectability back tot he family after 25 years of turmoil, as he was exactly what Philly needed...a low key boss focusing on the traditional rackets of gambling and juice loans (not to mention much lighter sentences). However, he's still locked up and will possibly be in the can for much longer. Merlino is "bad for business" as his brash style and big red target for the Feds is exactly what Philly doesn't need. IF Merlino comes back onto the scene, it's a matter of time before the Feds ring him up and send him away for life. I'm also hearing that the Philly Mob Family has seriously been reduced in the city to strictly the South Philly neighborhood, not much more than that.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: ovation32] #741671
09/25/13 02:36 PM
09/25/13 02:36 PM
S
Salvie84 Offline
Button
Salvie84  Offline
S
Button
What's Mazzone's pedigree? I heard his dad may have been made or an associate? I wonder who would be acting right now had Mike Ciancaglini was still around. I feel Chang was the real leader of that Young Turk faction.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Salvie84] #741673
09/25/13 02:45 PM
09/25/13 02:45 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
That "Young Turk" faction is what really destroyed OC in Philly. IMO, a bunch of young "punks" who advertised who they were all over the city. I mean they had their own softball team and everybody knew who they were. What happened to LCN being a secret society? Everybody knows what the mafia is and it's impossible to deny its existence, but at least try to fly under the radar. If it wasn't for Merlino & CO., a lot of the problems they have today could be attributed to those clowns.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground [Re: Salvie84] #741676
09/25/13 02:58 PM
09/25/13 02:58 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Salvie84
What's Mazzone's pedigree? I heard his dad may have been made or an associate? I wonder who would be acting right now had Mike Ciancaglini was still around. I feel Chang was the real leader of that Young Turk faction.

Think he was Merlino's number 2, but from what i've heard he was the smarter of the two.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull