GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 91 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,758
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,404
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Russian Mob Org #725104
07/09/13 03:58 PM
07/09/13 03:58 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline OP
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
I am part Russian and have always been curious about Russian OC. It seems like we know so much about Italian OC structure but nothing about Russian. Is that because the organization is minimal, or is because it is more secretive?
With that in mind. Does anyone know if what the org is like? Do they have a similar or some type of initiation? Is it like cosa nostra where you have to be an associate for over a decade to get in?

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725130
07/09/13 05:34 PM
07/09/13 05:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Russian groups typically are more criminal enterprises than organized crime; meaning they don't have the fixed structure of the Mafia. One report put it this way:

Eurasian OC has a non-traditional loose structure, i.e "a core groups of 6 or 7 individuals will engage in a crime. That group will disband. 4 of those criminals will combine with 2 new criminals to commit another crime." This is due, in part, to Eurasian OC coming of age in a time of great technological and transportation advances. Also, they desire to avoid tight hierarchical structure that brings RICO charges. Yet another reason is Eurasian OC groups are highly entreprunurial, pariticularly in insurance and other frauds.

The Russian gangsters that are most similar to La Cosa Nostra are the Vor-V-Zakone (Thief in Law). They are more traditional and have initiation rites.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725141
07/09/13 05:56 PM
07/09/13 05:56 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline OP
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Thanks Ivy. The thing is when you read these indictments with cosa nostra it always starts with "the enterprise"; and it discusses the structure in a very lengthy way. Then, in other cases with less organized groups who get charged with rico, the "enterprise" discussion will be like 1 paragraph. It just seems like the feds throw this at any group even if teh structure is highly debatable, which makes it easy to see why they have used it with such success with cosa nostra.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725146
07/09/13 06:07 PM
07/09/13 06:07 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ivy does the fbi charge the Russians under rico? After all its a racketeering entreprise

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725148
07/09/13 06:13 PM
07/09/13 06:13 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Recent case where a bunch of russains were charged with rico

Three Staten Islanders were among 34 people charged Tuesday in what investigators said was a Russian organized crime scheme that included illegal, high-stakes poker games for the rich and famous.

Federal authorities in New York City weren't naming names, but they said the poker players included pro athletes, Hollywood celebrities and Wall Street executives. None of them were facing charges.

The money-laundering investigation led to arrests Tuesday in New York, Los Angeles, Miami and elsewhere around the country. There also were FBI raids at an apartment in Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue and a Madison Avenue art gallery owned by two of the defendants.

Among those named in an indictment filed in federal court was a wealthy Russian fugitive, Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov. He was already under indictment in a separate U.S. case accusing him of bribing Olympic figure skating judges at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

The Staten Islanders arrested were Arthur Azen, 43; Ilya Rozenfeld, 53, and Joseph (Joe the Hammer) Mancuso, 29.

Azen was charged with RICO conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, two counts of operating an illegal gambling business, two counts of extortion conspiracy and unlawful internet gambling. He faces up to 115 years in prison, 24years of supervised release and a $2.25 million fine if convicted.

Rozenfeld was charged with money laundering conspiracy. He faces up to 20 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a $500,000 fine if convicted.

Mancuso was charged with operating an illegal gambling business as well as interstate and foreign travel or transportation in aid of racketeering enterprises. He faces up to 10 years in prison, six years of supervised release and a $150,000 fine if convicted.

According to the indictment, the money-laundering ring paid Tokhtakhounov $20 million in illegal proceeds during a two-month period beginning in late 2011.

Along with the illegal poker games, the ring operated "an international gambling business that catered to oligarchs residing in the former Soviet Union and throughout the world," the indictment said.

Prosecutors allege proceeds were laundered through shell companies in Cyprus and in the United States.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725152
07/09/13 06:34 PM
07/09/13 06:34 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Is that mancuso related to Mike mancus?o of the bananas

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #725159
07/09/13 06:44 PM
07/09/13 06:44 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Ya i was wondering the same thing but i cant find any info on him that would link him to the bonnano family at all, so i dont think so. But i could be wrong.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Russian Mob Org [Re: short841] #725160
07/09/13 06:47 PM
07/09/13 06:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
Thanks Ivy. The thing is when you read these indictments with cosa nostra it always starts with "the enterprise"; and it discusses the structure in a very lengthy way. Then, in other cases with less organized groups who get charged with rico, the "enterprise" discussion will be like 1 paragraph. It just seems like the feds throw this at any group even if teh structure is highly debatable, which makes it easy to see why they have used it with such success with cosa nostra.

You'll notice that much of the length in those LCN indictments is due to the feds giving a standard back story of the LCN (i.e. it's very existence having been legally proven in the past), it's structure, how it operates, etc.

Criminal enterprise can simply mean criminals engaged in a certain illegal activity. Even if the crime itself is highly organized, the organization in terms of "organized crime" is about whether they had some kind of formal structure.

Maybe the easiest way to put it is, an organized crime group (like the LCN) could also be called a criminal enterprise. But a criminal enterprise (like a loose band of Eastern European crooks running some kind of scam) isn't necessarily organized crime.

Originally Posted By: short841
Ivy does the fbi charge the Russians under rico? After all its a racketeering entreprise

Sometimes. Other times, as said above, groups will be charged with enterprise corruption. Organized crime/criminal enterprise...RICO/Enterprise corruption...there are some differences but a lot of overlap and similarities.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/09/13 06:47 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull