GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 126 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,664
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? #724056
07/03/13 08:52 PM
07/03/13 08:52 PM
M
Mr_Willie_Cicci Offline OP
Made Member
Mr_Willie_Cicci  Offline OP
M
Made Member
Back in the old days, you'd have guys like Frank Costello or Joe Bonnanno or ever lower tier guys who'd rather risk death or long time imprisonment instead of violating Omerta.

Someone like Costello could've spilled everything he knew after he being nearly killed, potentially shattered La Cosa Nostra, he had no reason not to; There was no place left for him in the Mob. Same goes for Lucky Luciano. All being loyal to the Code did was make his life harder, got him deported from a country he loved, foiled at every later turn.....

Yet so many of these guys, big and small--and that even goes for hot heads and loud mouths like Gotti and Angelo Ruggiero--took their time like men and didn't say a word, even though their lives would've been much easier had they chatted with the FBI.

Why is it, then, that so many of the modern breed of Mafiosos are so afraid of prison that they'd rather snitch than do time? People say Sammy Gravano only snitched because of John Gotti, but that's not true--a prison psychiatrist found that he had a "pathological fear of prison."

What I don't get is...Every guy goes into this life knowing that jail is a very likely possibility. They accept that and get their button knowing they could be pinched and sent away forever at any time. Why even step into that life at all, if you're afraid of the consequences of said life?

Why are so many so willing to roll on their friends rather than keep their Oath and face time?

Last edited by Mr_Willie_Cicci; 07/03/13 08:55 PM.
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724074
07/03/13 11:23 PM
07/03/13 11:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
A weaker generation is most likely answer.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724075
07/03/13 11:37 PM
07/03/13 11:37 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
1. Because a lager portion of the recruitment pool is middle class and hasn't endured and hence cannot endure long term hardship.

2. People don't go into the life thinking they'll be doing 20 to life, they think 'they'll be different' or 'the exception'. And power is very alluring. Lastly most people don't think of long term consequences of alot of their actions. Wise guys are no different.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #724116
07/04/13 10:39 AM
07/04/13 10:39 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I think it's just that mafiosi didn't go to jail that often, at least never for a long time back then. If there was a RICO law in the 40s and the 50s, I think many would have turned informants even at those times.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724157
07/04/13 03:14 PM
07/04/13 03:14 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
that's a stupid question my dude

jail ain't fun

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724159
07/04/13 03:20 PM
07/04/13 03:20 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Ofcourse jail isnt fun but i still think that there are a shit load more guys that just take there time then guys that flip.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724208
07/04/13 09:22 PM
07/04/13 09:22 PM
P
PolicyKing Offline
Wiseguy
PolicyKing  Offline
P
Wiseguy
Well one of the reasons is that they no longer have the ability to run things inside prison as in former days.( for example the scene in Goodfellas) Inside prison today the control is in the hands of ethnic gangs, such as Black and Hispanic gangs, so in order to survive the Mafioso would have to deal with one of these groups. We've all heard about how John Gotti had to pay the white prison gang the Aryan Brotherhood for protection. This is something a Mafioso would want to avoid. I was told that in most fed joints Mafioso look to Black gangs for protection since they feel they can control Blacks with money. So the long and short of it is that it's fear

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724212
07/04/13 09:33 PM
07/04/13 09:33 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
RICO and drug charges carry serious weight if not life. Before you would do your 3-6 years and get out.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #724235
07/05/13 12:14 AM
07/05/13 12:14 AM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
1. Because a lager portion of the recruitment pool is middle class and hasn't endured and hence cannot endure long term hardship.

2. People don't go into the life thinking they'll be doing 20 to life, they think 'they'll be different' or 'the exception'. And power is very alluring. Lastly most people don't think of long term consequences of alot of their actions. Wise guys are no different.

+1

and RICO

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #724237
07/05/13 12:30 AM
07/05/13 12:30 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Yeah just like all drug dealers think that they will sell drugs for a short period of time then save their money retire and live in luxury for the rest of their lives but it never happanens.If pablo escobar and chapo guzman couldnt do it with army and governenment connections what makes anyone think they could do it in a country like america

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Frankie_Five_Angels] #724238
07/05/13 01:31 AM
07/05/13 01:31 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels
and RICO

RICO is a kicker.

A boss in the 50's was insulated. So was a Capo. Hell, even a soldier through his associates.
Thats why the whole structure was created in the first place.
Insulation.

Now? If its in aid of a criminal organization? They're all fucked. Boss n all. All the way down.

RICO removed barriers/separation/insulation of the hierarchy.

With RICO, there is no hierarchy.

+1 Frankie FA

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724249
07/05/13 04:06 AM
07/05/13 04:06 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Many old time capos and bosses went to prison before RICO law. Luciano got 45 years, Genovese got 15 years, Capone got long sentence, none flipped. Lepke and 3 associates went to electric chair without turning. We live in a different age, that is why current Mafia members turn.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: jace] #724251
07/05/13 05:05 AM
07/05/13 05:05 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jace
Many old time capos and bosses went to prison before RICO law. Luciano got 45 years, Genovese got 15 years, Capone got long sentence, none flipped. Lepke and 3 associates went to electric chair without turning. We live in a different age, that is why current Mafia members turn.

Good point.

But the difference being they got done for what they directly did/said (Corallo in his Jag).
RICO can fuck you from what a soldier or lower does. So it opens the door from not only what you do, but also what others do, on behalf of your organisation.

So now your mouth, is also every made guys.

Huge diff.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724252
07/05/13 06:30 AM
07/05/13 06:30 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think that is the new mobster don't came from the poverty and the hunger of the first made man,Capone,Luciano,Costello (who was said to have made ​​the trip from Italy to America in a big pot because there was not enough space on the ship) was a street guys.
and new generations know that if they're going to jail, if they are lucky to be in prisons where there is a sufficient number of made man, otherwise in federal prisons will have to pay for protection, so the Gambino have entered into an alliance with the Aryan Brotherhood, because otherwise they risk of end up like Peter Schibetta that in OZ was raped twice by Adibisi.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724254
07/05/13 06:45 AM
07/05/13 06:45 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I think we got to point out, (taking bonannos out of the equation) that most made members who cooperated were in the ninties. Sure you have them in the 21st century, but the majority was in the 90's and that was because it was a domino affect.
It happened to the Bonnanos in 2004 time but that was a delay when they were enjoying life in the 90's

There is a list of made members who turned on the five families blog but I cannot find it

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724289
07/05/13 12:20 PM
07/05/13 12:20 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Hey shorty,here the list
http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/02/list-of-mafia-ratssnitchesinformantstur.html

Friday, March 9, 2012

List of NY Mafia Rats/Snitches/Informants/Turncoats
Bonanno Crime Family - 14 Members who have Flipped

Genoroso “Jimmy the General” Barbieri - Soldier/Former Acting Capo
Joseph "Jersey Joe/Joe the Rat" Bonanno - Soldier/Acting Capo
Paul Cantarella - Soldier
Richard "Shellackhead" Cantarella - Capo/Acting Underboss
Dominick Cicale - Soldier/Acting Capo
Frank Coppa - Capo
Joseph "Joey Mook" D'Amico - Soldier
Frank "Curly" Lino - Capo
Michael “Sonny” Maggio - Soldier
Joseph "Big Joey/The Ear" Massino - Boss
Nicholas “P.J.” Pisciotti - Soldier/Acting Capo
James "Jimmy Tag/Big Lou" Tartaglione - Capo
Salvatore "The Chief/Good Looking Sal" Vitale - Underboss
Peter Rosa - Soldier

Gambino Crime Family - 12 Members who have Flipped

Alfonse “Jim Carra” Attardi- Soldier (Dead)
Dominick "Fat Dom" Borghese- Soldier
Primo Cassarino- Soldier
Joseph "Little Joe" D'Angelo- Soldier
Craig DePalma- Soldier (Dead)
Michael "Mickey Scars" DiLeonardo- Capo
Frank "Frankie Fapp" Fappiano- Soldier
Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano- Underboss
Robert Mormando- Soldier
Alfredo “Freddie the Sidge” Santantonio- Soldier (Killed)
Nicholas “Nicky Skins” Stefanelli - Soldier (Suicide)
Name Not Revealed - Soldier

Colombo Crime Family - 17 Members who have Flipped

Paul “Paulie Guns” Bevacqua- Acting Capo
Reynold "Ren" Maragni - Capo
Rocco Cagno- Soldier
Dino “Big Dino” Calabro - Capo
Joseph "Joe Camp" Campanella- Capo
Joseph “Joey Caves” Compatiello- Soldier
Salvatore "Big Sal" Miciotta- Soldier/Acting Capo
John Pate- Capo
Alan Quatrache- Soldier
Michael "Mikey/Yuppie Don" Franzese - Soldier/Acting Capo (Left the life)
Anthony "Big Anthony" Russo- Acting Capo
Sebastiano “Sebby” Saracino- Soldier
Greg “The Grim Reaper” Scarpa Sr- Capo (Dead)
Gregory Scarpa Jr.- Capo
Carmine Sessa- Consigliere
Michael “Mikey” Souza- Soldier
Frank “Frankie Blue Eyes” Sparaco- Soldier

Genovese Crime Family - 8 Members who have Flipped

Anthony “Bingy” Arilotta- Soldier
George Barone- Soldier
John “Futto” Biello- Capo (Killed)
Vincent "Fish" Cafaro- Soldier
Felix Tranghese- Capo
Joseph "Joe Cago" Valachi- Soldier (Dead)
Louis Moscatiello- Soldier/Acting Capo (Dead)
Renaldi “Ray” Ruggiero - Capo

Lucchese Crime Family - 15 Members who have Flipped

Anthony "Tumac" Accetturo- Capo
Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso- Consigliere/Underboss/Acting Boss
Peter "Fat Pete" Chiodo- Capo
Alphonse "Little Al" D'Arco- Capo /Acting Boss
Joseph D'Arco- Soldier
Joseph "Little Joe/Joe D" Defede- Soldier/Acting Boss
Eugenio "Gene" Giannini- Soldier (Killed)
Frank Gioia Sr- Soldier
Frank Gioia Jr- Soldier
Steven LaPella- Soldier
Frank Lagano- Soldier (Killed)
Dominick “The Gap” Petrilli- Capo/Soldier (Killed)
Thomas “Tommy” Ricciardi- Soldier
Vincent "Vinny Baldy" Salanardi- Soldier
Frank "Goo Goo" Suppa- Soldier

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724296
07/05/13 12:45 PM
07/05/13 12:45 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
thanks bud! been trying to find that today!

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: furio_from_naples] #724385
07/05/13 09:42 PM
07/05/13 09:42 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
that was a disturbing scene of what happened to Peter Schibetta. Don't bring that up please.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724386
07/05/13 11:49 PM
07/05/13 11:49 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Guys are soft now,who want to die in the can.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724407
07/06/13 04:54 AM
07/06/13 04:54 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
what is disturbing is that the idiot was to be raped twice for his arrogance and idiocy, first facing only him and Pancamo the big beast Adebisi, while in the second time facing alone the Arians, also his death is grotesque, seen as Pancamo was so easily manipulated to kill Peter, for the fear of the o'malocchio (the evil eye).

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724482
07/06/13 02:13 PM
07/06/13 02:13 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I think it's the stuff that Cosa Nostra has changed dramatically since it was started. While you're outside making money, you're good. Like who needs a 50 year old guy who'll go in prison for 20 years? And as I remember they should support his family while he's locked up. Think someone will do it? They're mobsters who are energized by greed.

I think it's the main reason, when you get locked up. Everyone forgets about you. Thus, look at the thing like it is. You snitch, no-one gives a fuck. Live your life in some Montana mountain town.
Like look at the Drug Cartels, those guys don't even think of snitching. Because they know before their own head gets chopped off with a machete, they'll recieve their whole families heads by UPS. T

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724487
07/06/13 02:43 PM
07/06/13 02:43 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
The young generation is like a bunch of spoiled kids. They have everything and don't want to give up any comforts and conveniences, plus they don't want to get fucked in the ass

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: bigboy] #724510
07/06/13 05:51 PM
07/06/13 05:51 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
I doubt something like that would happen to a mobster.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: ThePolakVet] #724514
07/06/13 06:09 PM
07/06/13 06:09 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
I think it's the stuff that Cosa Nostra has changed dramatically since it was started. While you're outside making money, you're good. Like who needs a 50 year old guy who'll go in prison for 20 years? And as I remember they should support his family while he's locked up. Think someone will do it? They're mobsters who are energized by greed.

I think it's the main reason, when you get locked up. Everyone forgets about you. Thus, look at the thing like it is. You snitch, no-one gives a fuck. Live your life in some Montana mountain town.
Like look at the Drug Cartels, those guys don't even think of snitching. Because they know before their own head gets chopped off with a machete, they'll recieve their whole families heads by UPS. T

Well there have been bunch of cases where in Naples,Camorra actually give money to family and support them,while man is in prison.

Last edited by Strax; 07/06/13 06:10 PM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Strax] #724588
07/07/13 02:49 AM
07/07/13 02:49 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted By: Strax
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet

Well there have been bunch of cases where in Naples,Camorra actually give money to family and support them,while man is in prison.
That's Italy. The Italian Mafia there is the real hardcore Italian Mafia.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724596
07/07/13 06:28 AM
07/07/13 06:28 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Is the Camorra clans give a part of the money from the racket to the family of the jailed men,and either to the men in prison ;eitherwise a men receveed a human tongue from the clan,because he has began to speak.

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #724623
07/07/13 11:01 AM
07/07/13 11:01 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I think its also the lack of fear. Do people really fear the mafia like they did 20 years ago? I think people fear Drug Cartels a lot more since they don't care if they kill all your family

Re: Why are so many Mafiosos afraid of prison today? [Re: short841] #724629
07/07/13 12:42 PM
07/07/13 12:42 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
Sadly to say people aren't scared of the mob anymore. I think your right.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull