GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 82 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,824
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Travolta/Gotti movie #723595
07/01/13 03:07 PM
07/01/13 03:07 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline OP
Button
caprese  Offline OP
Button
New Hampshire
I remember hearing a few years back about a new Gotti movie that was supposed to have John Travolta playing the role of JG. i haven't heard anything since. Anyone else remember hearing about this? If so what happened?

Re: Travolta/Gotti movie [Re: caprese] #723651
07/01/13 06:53 PM
07/01/13 06:53 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
That John Gotti biopic with John Travolta is somehow back on after completely falling apart
by Sean O'Neal
05.08.13+ Share
After enduring several years of false starts, legal wrangles, and having to pretend as though casting Lindsay Lohan was anything but a crass ploy for attention, the biopic of New York mobster John Gotti is back on, this time under the direction of Captain America's Joe Johnston. The man best known for old-fashioned Americana and effects-driven spectacles will apply his experience to the patriotic story of the Gambino crime family’s rise to power and the task of putting a different wig on John Travolta, who is now the only original cast member left standing from the project that finally fell apart in 2011.
Travolta clung to the role even as Gotti became a backstage drama that the on-screen one could never match, burning through directors Nick Cassavetes and Barry Levinson, shoring up its generic mob movie credentials by bringing in Al Pacino and Joe Pesci—only to have Pesci sue the production for making him get fat—and turning up near-daily in TMZ, as Lohan was repeatedly fired and rehired and fired again, and producer Marc Fiore continued to leak suggestions that he was also casting the likes of Kim Kardashian, just for the publicity.
Despite Fiore then alienating most of his cast and crew by failing to provide the money he’d promised and allowing the production to collapse—and generally behaving like the shady, mob-connected former broker who spent four years in federal prison for swindling his investors that he is—he remains on as producer, having convinced Relativity Media and Radar Pictures to join him in this second go-'round. So we can now look forward to another year of stories about Gotti trying to get made, interspersed with visits to Fiore’s still hilariously awful website.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Travolta/Gotti movie [Re: caprese] #723684
07/01/13 11:12 PM
07/01/13 11:12 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Please say it ain't so.I don't know if I could survive another Gotti movie,even with the legendary acting chops of Mr. Travolta and his dimple. The HBO Gotti movie with Assante pretty much set the bar as the worst Gotti biopic ever. Now we will have to choke down another whitewashed version of his life.

That in itself would be bad enough,but this one is supposed to be his life as told by Junior Gotti.

Add the fact that Gotti has been dead long enough to attain legend status among the nitwits,and behold,a new low.
This will be the Citizen Kane of ridiculous Gotti movies,but will be accepted as the shocking untold story of an American icon,at least by people who move their lips when they read.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull