GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Paula Deen #722817
06/27/13 07:18 PM
06/27/13 07:18 PM
fathersson Offline OP
Underboss
fathersson  Offline OP
Underboss
Did I miss a thread on this?

All her companies are letting her go. Which seems to be because of her use of the N word which she said years ago. Which she admitted under oath in a court of Law.

This seems way over blown, even though it is a business's right to do so. Years ago the so called N word was used everywhere back then, just pick up a copy of the movie "ROOTS". Is it really fair to punish someone for something said so far back?

Many of her own employees have come forward saying she is not a racist.

What are these companies so afraid. Why not wait some before some time passes? No they make it a point to let the news out there at this time.
Oh, we let her go....(like she is a leper.)
Oh my, it may cost us a sale because of what she said so many years ago.

So what do you all think..even you heartless people must have an opinion on this. You do about everything else- lol

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722818
06/27/13 07:35 PM
06/27/13 07:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Supposedly she has also stated (when, I don't know) that she would like to have a wedding such as they had in the days of slavery. If true, that's an odd way to express a nostalgic desire. She also supposedly said that she wanted to name a hamburger at one of her restaurants as a Sambo burger.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722820
06/27/13 07:39 PM
06/27/13 07:39 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
It's sad, and people act like they're in shock that an older woman from the deep south might be a little racially insensitive. 99.9% of the people that claim to have never used that word are lying.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: olivant] #722825
06/27/13 07:53 PM
06/27/13 07:53 PM
fathersson Offline OP
Underboss
fathersson  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
Supposedly she has also stated (when, I don't know) that she would like to have a wedding such as they had in the days of slavery. If true, that's an odd way to express a nostalgic desire. She also supposedly said that she wanted to name a hamburger at one of her restaurants as a Sambo burger.

I found this undet Little balck sambo-
the book-A popular U.S. restaurant chain of the 1960s and 1970s, Sambo's, borrowed characters from the book (including Sambo and the tigers) for promotional purposes, although the Sambo name was originally a combination of the founders' nicknames: Sam (Sam Battistone) and Bo (Newell Bohnett).[7] Nonetheless, the controversy about the book led to accusations of racism that contributed to the 1,117-restaurant[8] chain's demise in the early 1980s.[7] Images inspired by the book (now considered by some racially insensitive) were common interior decorations in the restaurants.[9] Though portions of the original chain were renamed No Place Like Sam's to try to forestall closure,[8] all but the original restaurants in Santa Barbara, California had closed by 1983.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722826
06/27/13 07:55 PM
06/27/13 07:55 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: fathersson

All her companies are letting her go. Which seems to be because of her use of the N word which she said years ago. Which she admitted under oath in a court of Law.

This seems way over blown, even though it is a business's right to do so. Years ago the so called N word was used everywhere back then, just pick up a copy of the movie "ROOTS". Is it really fair to punish someone for something said so far back?

What are these companies so afraid. Why not wait some before some time passes? No they make it a point to let the news out there at this time.

So what do you all think..even you heartless people must have an opinion on this. You do about everything else- lol

I agree. It's waaaaaay overblown. While not excusing her, how people are jumping ship like she is a leper is ridiculous. To be somebody who is known to have uttered the dreaded "N word," or be even perceived as a racist, is considered the worst thing in society today. Even more so than being a murderer, rapist, etc. This is what political correctness has brought us.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722858
06/27/13 09:41 PM
06/27/13 09:41 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I think pc as a whole is being way overdone, but these entertainment people just dont get it that the networks have a zero tolerence policy regarding racism of any kind, look at rob parker who is a black guy who gets fired for saying another black guy isnt black enough " not down for the cause" and "cornbread brother". People on tv really need to be aware that a precedent has been set that if u cross a certain line u will be fired. That being said i think paulas getting a pretty raw deal even al sharpton of all people said he didnt think she said anything wrong.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722868
06/27/13 10:28 PM
06/27/13 10:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Whatever you say Wops.

Now now don't pull out the PC card if you were offended by that.

On a serious note, this "scandal" is stupid only because it's focusing on the N-word instead of the really not so cool things Deen talked about (or allegedly done) like paying her black employees not in cash but beer and her daydream of holding a wedding in the style of those on slavery plantations with black servants and all that. (The fuck?)

Food Network though tried to have it both ways by claiming they weren't renewing her contract not because of what she said but because of "the terrible work of her PR team." Which as bullshit goes is pretty insultingly lame.

Knowledge is power, and I'm King Kong.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #722948
06/28/13 12:37 PM
06/28/13 12:37 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I don't agree with what she said, and I don't like the use of the N word one bit. Moreover I think her show is awful, and I don't eat or approve of the sugary greasy stuff she prepares. BUT... From what I understand, she used it many years ago, and based on her idea os a "plantation party" and a "Sambo bueger," it is pretty clear she is racially insensitive. But consider she is 66 and grew up when Jim Crow was still the law. At worst she should have volunteered to take some kind of sensitivity course. The bottom line here is that she had plenty of people step up and say she was not a racist.

It is insane that a bunch of PC people have literally taken this woman's livelihood away because of some residual latent racism that bubbled to the surface a couple of times. Worse, they are now making a big deal about how she did not apologize correctly.

To put this in perspective, there is a guy on the Food Channel named Robert Irvine who does a show called Restaurant Impossible. It is a matter of public record that he bilked a woman out of more than $100,000 in Florida claiming he would start up a restaurant using his skills. When he took the money he claimed falsely he had been given some title by the Queen, that he cooked Charles and Diana's wedding cake, that he was personal chef for the Royal Family, and later the White House chef.
He had to retract all those lies, and he never paid the money back. He got something like a four month suspension from his show. In my view this is far worse conduct, and he received little punishment.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Paula Deen [Re: dontomasso] #722953
06/28/13 12:56 PM
06/28/13 12:56 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The bottom line here is that she had plenty of people step up and say she was not a racist.

Mel Gibson chimed in and said she could not be a racist...because he's never seen her at the meetings. wink

I don't know whether she's a racist or not, but she lost her endorsements for the simple reason that her name or brand is now poison. Her admission to past comments brought a spotlight on her present litigation, which accuses her of racism, and association with her is no longer a wise business decision for some companies.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: klydon1] #722954
06/28/13 01:09 PM
06/28/13 01:09 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I concur Kly. Her former business partners have made a business decision. It's as simple as that. They've calculated the loss or gain associated with continued association with her or without such association.

By the way, over in Crime & Justice I posted a question for you and DT.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: olivant] #722977
06/28/13 02:32 PM
06/28/13 02:32 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Such double standard going in imo. Rap artists use the n word all the time.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #722982
06/28/13 02:43 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
On CNN yesterday, anchorman and sometimes reporter Don Lemon, who is Black, went out and using flashcards, asked people about word Cracker and "N' word. He was doing it because of Treyvon Martin using the word Cracker to describe Zimmerman to girl friend on phone. He had people on who all said that N word was worse. I think any White people he stopped would be afraid to say opposite.
Don Lemon did a biased report to me, and then gave conclusion that Cracker was not offensive term, but "N" word was extremely offensive.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: IvyLeague] #722983
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I agree. It's waaaaaay overblown. While not excusing her, how people are jumping ship like she is a leper is ridiculous. To be somebody who is known to have uttered the dreaded "N word," or be even perceived as a racist, is considered the worst thing in society today. Even more so than being a murderer, rapist, etc. This is what political correctness has brought us.

Well said. Racism is disgusting and should not be tolerated, but it's ridiculous the amount of coverage a racist incident gets in the media compared to the video you posted of the black man beating the woman in front of her young child or similar incidents, imo the latter is more common.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: Camarel] #723000
06/28/13 03:26 PM
06/28/13 03:26 PM
fathersson Offline OP
Underboss
fathersson  Offline OP
Underboss
You have to love the URBAN dictionary: even examples

1. ni**er
A fully grown niglet
Theres one of them ni**ers

2. ni**er
A word that everyone else is afraid to define except in utter seriousness, for fear of being branded a rascist, in total ignorance of the colloquial usage of the word, its characterization in popular culture, and the populations of people it is used most by.
You shouldn't ever say the n-word, you rascist cracker asshole.

3. ni**er

a term that is racist, as long as the speaker of it is not black. Forbidden on most all of television and other forms of public entertainment, at times referenced to as the "n-word". However, "cracker", a term racist against whites, is a completely acceptable term used in any context of any national broadcast...hmm...
White man: I would like to know why "cracker" and, ahem, "ni**er" are not equally forbidden *white man is put on trial for racist slander*

What is really weird is that ni**er is not allowed by this site and is zaped, but asshole and cracker go right thru?
No wonder Achie Bunker died so young!

Last edited by fathersson; 06/28/13 08:04 PM.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723002
06/28/13 03:28 PM
06/28/13 03:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I concur with some of the sentiments expressed here. When does it stop? When will we white people be judged for the content of our character and not for the color (is white a color?) of our skin? When will we finally throw off the yoke of oppression that has been hung around our necks generation after generation. Cracker, Honky, Old Fay, White Devil (I kind of like this one) ... when does it end? No sooner do people stop referring to we Italians as Dagos then we find ourselves putting up with these racist rants just because we are White. Sure, I could play tennis or hockey, or compete in gymnastics, ice-skating, or clogging. But maybe I want to play professional basketball or NFL football. Why can't I? Okay, maybe I can't dribble and I have never actually made a basket. Or maybe I've never held a football or can't run more than 5 feet without getting out of breath. But shouldn't I be able to at least try? Madonne!

Re: Paula Deen [Re: olivant] #723005
06/28/13 03:44 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I concur with some of the sentiments expressed here. When does it stop? When will we white people be judged for the content of our character and not for the color (is white a color?) of our skin? When will we finally throw off the yoke of oppression that has been hung around our necks generation after generation. Cracker, Honky, Old Fay, White Devil (I kind of like this one) ... when does it end? No sooner do people stop referring to we Italians as Dagos then we find ourselves putting up with these racist rants just because we are White. Sure, I could play tennis or hockey, or compete in gymnastics, ice-skating, or clogging. But maybe I want to play professional basketball or NFL football. Why can't I? Okay, maybe I can't dribble and I have never actually made a basket. Or maybe I've never held a football or can't run more than 5 feet without getting out of breath. But shouldn't I be able to at least try? Madonne!

Where has this come from? confused Nowhere in this thread people are complaining about racism against whites. Your sarcastic rant, may have been misplaced because people are talking about this being completely unnecessary and it being such a massive story in the media.

Re: Paula Deen [Re: olivant] #723006
fathersson Offline OP
Underboss
fathersson  Offline OP
Underboss

You could at least put a "RANT WARNING" line before that post! lol

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723025
06/28/13 07:21 PM
06/28/13 07:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Racism Is a Tough Sell: The Real Reason Everyone Dumped Paula Deen

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...paula-deen.html

Re: Paula Deen [Re: olivant] #723029
06/28/13 07:54 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

lol lol lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723030
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Tu quoque arguments are logical fallacies.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723055
06/28/13 11:56 PM
06/28/13 11:56 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I personally find some of her admissions distasteful. However, I agree that this has been way overblown. In context, look at her background and let's not all be shocked that she thinks the way she thinks. Does this mean that it's acceptable or tolerable? No. However, I think that the people should have been allowed to decide. If enough people were angered or offended, they would change the channel and stop buying her products. If that didn't happen, then people were sensible, saw the forest for the trees, and moved on.

I actually find the actions of these companies more offensive. Why do they not trust their consumers to use common sense?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723063
06/29/13 02:20 AM
06/29/13 02:20 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
What is really weird is that ni**er is not allowed by this site and is zaped, but asshole and cracker go right thru?
No wonder Achie Bunker died so young!

Asshole is nothing, really. But, it's really weird that I wouldn't allow a discussion of a Ritz cracker (for instance) that I have to ban the entire word because .001% of the White population think it's offensive? lol

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Paula Deen [Re: Sicilian Babe] #723065
06/29/13 02:34 AM
06/29/13 02:34 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I personally find some of her admissions distasteful. However, I agree that this has been way overblown. In context, look at her background and let's not all be shocked that she thinks the way she thinks. Does this mean that it's acceptable or tolerable? No. However, I think that the people should have been allowed to decide. If enough people were angered or offended, they would change the channel and stop buying her products. If that didn't happen, then people were sensible, saw the forest for the trees, and moved on.

I actually find the actions of these companies more offensive. Why do they not trust their consumers to use common sense?

I agree with all this, Babe.

A total overreaction. Hey, I've been making fun of her saying, "Hey, y'aaaaaaaal" (4 octaves up), and her cackly laugh, for a long time. I really didn't/couldn't watch her show much simply because of her annoying voice/laugh. But I never wanted her to be gone! I'm not that immature.

And I'm certainly not that PC. Everyone here (I bet) has "said something they regretted" long ago (or even yesterday). But should that mean the end of a career and empire?! NO!

Can'd stand this b.s. anymore.....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Paula Deen [Re: J Geoff] #723094
06/29/13 10:32 AM
06/29/13 10:32 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
First I ever heard of Paula Deen was the story of her having diabetes and that she was altering her cooking or something? I obviously don't watch cooking shows (tho maybe I should) lol

Anyway, I too agree with SB, Geoff and the others. I don't agree with her behavior but should it be a career ender? I don't think so. I'm sure we've all said/done things that we regret.

Btw, I heard that there is some kind of a Deen Cruise planned that is already booked by all her fans.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723099
06/29/13 11:37 AM
06/29/13 11:37 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I think she'll make a comeback down the road. God knows Americans have forgiven celebrities for worse things.

Meanwhile, Alec Baldwin had his own little PR nightmare this week on Twitter.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/06/27/baldwin-funeral-twitter/2466535/

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723103
06/29/13 12:10 PM
06/29/13 12:10 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Funny how Alec Baldwin goes on an anti gay rant and nothing is said- all is forgiven- But with Paula Deen- hang her ! what a double standard in the media and with many Americans- Shameful

Re: Paula Deen [Re: bigboy] #723119
06/29/13 02:19 PM
06/29/13 02:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: bigboy
Funny how Alec Baldwin goes on an anti gay rant and nothing is said- all is forgiven- But with Paula Deen- hang her ! what a double standard in the media and with many Americans- Shameful

I agree. GLAAD giving him a pass is really sending a bad message. (TMZ called them out harshly for being "starfuckers" and they're right.)

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723201
06/29/13 05:15 PM
06/29/13 05:15 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
There are some areas of the human condition that fall into the category of abhorrent behavior such that they are off limits. Thes e behaviors include slavery, genocide, child abuse, and other similar atrocities. The N word is associated with slavery. It was born in slavery of Africans brought to America. The use of the word is in no way on the same level of ethnic slurs such as Dago, Honky, Kraut, Mick, or Polock. Paula Deen's admission of using the N word is not the shameful act. Her reenactment of a civil war era dinner/wedding with black servants is the shameful act. That is part of history that should in no way be reenacted. Should we have a Nazi dinner with concentration camp waitresses? Should we have a U.S. Calvary cookout with Native Americans serving buffalo? Should we have a reenactment of Idi Amin celebrating the slaughter of a thousand people?

I hope Paula Deen can't sell a hot dog.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Paula Deen [Re: MaryCas] #723233
06/29/13 07:35 PM
06/29/13 07:35 PM
fathersson Offline OP
Underboss
fathersson  Offline OP
Underboss

I guess we can figure that Marycas likes to go overboard on some things. whistle

Maybe we should have taken Paula out and given her some nice lashes and put her in the public stocks for a while?

Re: Paula Deen [Re: fathersson] #723250
06/29/13 08:45 PM
06/29/13 08:45 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

I guess we can figure that Marycas likes to go overboard on some things. whistle

No, I don't think you can. tongue

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull