GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Lou_Para), 330 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,663
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #723934
07/03/13 12:09 PM
07/03/13 12:09 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
So first you say he should be recognized for all the good deeds he's done, and now you're saying its no concern of mine what good deeds he did ?? lol...How can i recognize those good deeds if you refuse to give a few examples ?? I'll take that to mean you can't name any !!!

I'm a nobody ??? Maybe so young fella, but one thing i'll never be is some mob groupie seemingly infatuated with another man, who's gonna go on message boards and fight for his honor.

My guess is he gave you one or two freebies at his salon back in the day and you're forever grateful !!!

Happy now ?? You wanna call me a nobody and post this way ???

Well to use your phrase, if you want to make yourself look smarter or wiser, you should actually try and change my opinion of him and give a few examples of the good things he did.. instead you refused and instead chose to call me a nobody..And you're lecturing me about posting something of substance ??

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #723959
07/03/13 01:04 PM
07/03/13 01:04 PM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Ill give you a lot of great deeds he has done.
1.He has paid for over a dozen funerals out of his pocket for families who lost babies, children, son , daughter who did not have the money to pay for expenses. These were not family members just people he knew of.
2. At Christmas he would get a list from men in prison or from people in the neighborhood who could not afford to buy christmas gifts for their children. He would send his wife out and they would spend thousands for parents to give there children something to open on Christmas day. I am talking computers, bikes, nientendo units, not minor stuff. This was every Christmas for years. He didn't refuse anyone.
3. He paid for mortgages on houses so a widows would not lose their homes.
4.He paid for rents so families wouldn't be out in the street.
5. He bought a car for a girl one time because she had been in an accident with it .
6. He paid con edison bills
7. He paid doctors bills for people who needed operations or just medical expenses and had no insurance.
8. He paid for a therapy for years for a young boy who wanted to kill himself because the mother cried to him for help she didn't know what to do. The boy is a model today all over magazines.
You can check that story out because she testified at his trial and that is what she said.
9.He created jobs for people that he didn't really need to work for him just so they could bring home a salery and support their famiies.

So let me ask does that answer your question? I have one for you what did you ever do for anybody I am sure nothing.

I am not a groupie as you state. I am not a young fellow also I am a woman. I do not follow this site nor do I respond to anything unless it concerns the Basciano Family.
I did patronize his salon back in the days and I paid for my services so I didn't need freebies from him but if I did he would glady have given them to me.
I would imagine I posted great substance here for a man that deserves to be noted for the good he did not just the bad.
I have know him for over 30 years and that is how long he is taking care of people. I am sure Pizzaboy will agree being he comes from the same neighborhood.
So have I answered you questions to the good deeds he has done?
There is no need to throw you weight around you will never win on the Basciano subject with me. What you really need to do is read the message from the Moderator it pertains to you. Don't question people that happen to know much more then you about a subject. You make yourself look like a fool

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #723975
07/03/13 02:23 PM
07/03/13 02:23 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
yankees127 good post and i appreciate the knowledge you bring to this forum about this subject

respect

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #723976
07/03/13 02:38 PM
07/03/13 02:38 PM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Thanks !!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724081
07/04/13 01:41 AM
07/04/13 01:41 AM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Its a great book. I am in the middle of it. I highly recommend it to anybody who doesn't have it.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724083
07/04/13 04:17 AM
07/04/13 04:17 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yankees127
Ill give you a lot of great deeds he has done.
1.He has paid for over a dozen funerals out of his pocket for families who lost babies, children, son , daughter who did not have the money to pay for expenses. These were not family members just people he knew of.
2. At Christmas he would get a list from men in prison or from people in the neighborhood who could not afford to buy christmas gifts for their children. He would send his wife out and they would spend thousands for parents to give there children something to open on Christmas day. I am talking computers, bikes, nientendo units, not minor stuff. This was every Christmas for years. He didn't refuse anyone.
3. He paid for mortgages on houses so a widows would not lose their homes.
4.He paid for rents so families wouldn't be out in the street.
5. He bought a car for a girl one time because she had been in an accident with it .
6. He paid con edison bills
7. He paid doctors bills for people who needed operations or just medical expenses and had no insurance.
8. He paid for a therapy for years for a young boy who wanted to kill himself because the mother cried to him for help she didn't know what to do. The boy is a model today all over magazines.
You can check that story out because she testified at his trial and that is what she said.
9.He created jobs for people that he didn't really need to work for him just so they could bring home a salery and support their famiies.

So let me ask does that answer your question? I have one for you what did you ever do for anybody I am sure nothing.

I am not a groupie as you state. I am not a young fellow also I am a woman. I do not follow this site nor do I respond to anything unless it concerns the Basciano Family.
I did patronize his salon back in the days and I paid for my services so I didn't need freebies from him but if I did he would glady have given them to me.
I would imagine I posted great substance here for a man that deserves to be noted for the good he did not just the bad.
I have know him for over 30 years and that is how long he is taking care of people. I am sure Pizzaboy will agree being he comes from the same neighborhood.
So have I answered you questions to the good deeds he has done?
There is no need to throw you weight around you will never win on the Basciano subject with me. What you really need to do is read the message from the Moderator it pertains to you. Don't question people that happen to know much more then you about a subject. You make yourself look like a fool
Listen tootsa, you're the one that came in to the thread talking shet...I don't start trouble with anybody here so don't even mention the moderator..I asked you a simple question...To enlighten me about the good deeds...and instead you went off , so i gave it back to you...No, your post didn't help ...he paid con ed bills and took care of people that were in prison etc.. and gave someone a car that he stole ?? .That's what all mob guys do so people don't rat them out..He paid for funerals ?? What a sport, how many of them was he responsible for ?? And you're calling me a fool ?? You're the groupie that's fawning all over this cheat, convicted murderer , adulterer and list goes on and on, and you're calling me a fool ?? That's Rich !! lol

Re: New Basciano book [Re: DiLorenzo] #724085
07/04/13 04:27 AM
07/04/13 04:27 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Have to say Im on DiLorenzo's side here.

The guy personally blew away god knows how many. Ordered several hits. Participated in many more.

Paying for a funeral, buying a widow a microwave, whatever, doesnt even out the score.

It reminds me of where I come from. In Australia every year the bikies (usually Hells Angel lead, but Bandidos, Mongols etc) do a 'Christmas run' where they all buy furry toys and do a parade to donate to local childrens hospitals.
Does that give them carte blanche to run meth and extort every strip club with a sawn off?
And that just on Sundays.

My eyes, not so much.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724087
07/04/13 05:32 AM
07/04/13 05:32 AM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Well. With all due respect to you sonny, the m1 he went down on was for a junkie fuck who threatened to kidnap and kill his kid. Not saying it was the right thing to do, but if someone threatens your family, I mean, I got a young son at home. Not saying I would do it, im just saying the guy shoulda known better than to threaten the son of a made guy.
Furthermore, as far as the killing people. I mean, these guys are soldiers. They follow codes, when you get in the life you assume the risk. Im not a guy who roots for these guys, but I also dont get my panties in a knot and talk about how evil these guys are when in reality, there are alot worse people in the world. I realize that things arent black and white.
Respect.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #724088
07/04/13 05:58 AM
07/04/13 05:58 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
Well. With all due respect to you sonny, the m1 he went down on was for a junkie fuck who threatened to kidnap and kill his kid. Not saying it was the right thing to do, but if someone threatens your family, I mean, I got a young son at home. Not saying I would do it, im just saying the guy shoulda known better than to threaten the son of a made guy.
Furthermore, as far as the killing people. I mean, these guys are soldiers. They follow codes, when you get in the life you assume the risk. Im not a guy who roots for these guys, but I also dont get my panties in a knot and talk about how evil these guys are when in reality, there are alot worse people in the world. I realize that things arent black and white.
Respect.

No worries mate, I hear what you're saying.

Most of these guys arent Jeffrey Dahlmers or Kiddy fingerers.

They're following orders and executing business. And I do recognize the diff.

But I think you and I are going to differ fundamentally. Amen soldiers who clip a guy who most likely got themselves into shit (gambling/shy debt, disrespect, failure to follow protocol etc etc)the guy 'brought this upon himself', 'as he knew the rules' etc etc. But. This dont make it right, and 'soldier' or not these guys are still lowlifes, because breaking a leg or two in the head, isnt right, period. Thats what our laws say, and they're there for a reason.

Vinny G clipping a guy over his son? Sure. We're on the same page. But that aint all he's done. He's broken legs, extorted, done some pretty horrible stuff. Thats part n parcel of the game.
But that doesnt justify it.

Clip a guy for threatening your kid? Sure. But thats not all there is to Vinny G, to any of these guys.

And a widows rent every now n again, doesnt bring her kid back.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/04/13 06:06 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724099
07/04/13 08:46 AM
07/04/13 08:46 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
I'd take the opinion of someone from his neighborhood over a guy in Europe and Australia. Just sayin

Respect

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724100
07/04/13 08:47 AM
07/04/13 08:47 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
You foreigners are gonna run off all the neighborhood ppl that post. Skinny and PB have already cut down on their posting

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: cheech] #724108
07/04/13 09:48 AM
07/04/13 09:48 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech
You foreigners are gonna run off all the neighborhood ppl that post. Skinny and PB have already cut down on their posting

So it's just foreigners that disagree with 'neighbourhood' guys? That's bullshit. I've seen more Americans argue with them.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724111
07/04/13 10:07 AM
07/04/13 10:07 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Yeah that live in Iowa, might as well be foreigners to me. Don't get your panties in a bunch mr gambino. It's America's birthday.

Respect to you garment king

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724115
07/04/13 10:35 AM
07/04/13 10:35 AM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Dilorenzo you are just pathetic !!!!! How sad you are !!! I shouldn't waste my time justifying your idiotic outbursts !!! If you read back you were the one that started shit saying his a clown not worthy of a book not me. Yea you asked for his good deeds and I gave them to you, so whats up with that. When your foot was up your ass your talking different shit now and making them ugly. I gave you the good deeds like it or not thats them. Your just a hater without a life !!! Normal people can get there point across without anger obviously you are not normal !!!Yea I'm calling you a fool because thats how you present your arguments just like one. Give your computer a kiss thats where your strength comes from behind it. I wonder what you would do if your kid was threatened to be kidnapped big shot?Your presenting yourself as such a tough guy so what would you do run to the cops ha? Yea that would save a kid waiting for the cops to help. Any man out there would do what Basciano did to save his child. Like or not bottom line.
To Sonny and the widows mortgages he paid for were not because of his actions!Get that straight !!!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724117
07/04/13 10:41 AM
07/04/13 10:41 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Yankees, I enjoy your posts. Just wondering though...do you have some inside info on Nicky Santora?

[Linked Image]
Re: New Basciano book [Re: HairyKnuckles] #724118
07/04/13 10:48 AM
07/04/13 10:48 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
yankees127, others have already said that, but the child kidnapper's killing wasn't the only crime and not the only murder Basciano was responsible for. I personally wouldn't have taken the dirty money of the mafia even if he ever wanted to give me some.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724119
07/04/13 10:50 AM
07/04/13 10:50 AM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Thanks Knuckles....I know him and anything I do know I will definitely not post sorry

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724120
07/04/13 10:52 AM
07/04/13 10:52 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Thanks Knuckles....I know him and anything I do know I will definitely not post sorry

That´s fair enough. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724122
07/04/13 11:02 AM
07/04/13 11:02 AM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Dwalin that is your choice... although with many people facing hard times and your family will be in the street or your kids need to eat its not gonna matter where the money comes from to take care of them. My kids and family would come first. No it wasn't the only crime he committed but his crimes stay in his circle he never hurt an innocent person just the opposite he protected them . I can get into another whole subject about the people he protected but the haters on here will just turn it around and make it ugly.

Last edited by yankees127; 07/04/13 11:08 AM.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724123
07/04/13 11:06 AM
07/04/13 11:06 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
By the way, is the book available for download as an ebook anywhere? On amazon it's in paperback only, and they usually take a long time to arrive.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724124
07/04/13 11:48 AM
07/04/13 11:48 AM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
I lived for many years on the literal same block as Vinny and his familly,say what you want about how he made his living,which involved drugs among other unsavory things, or how he rose to the top of that family, But hes the guy that put the Bronx crew on the map and its still the administration today, he was a legendary character the likes of which haven't been seen since Chin or Gotti, He was noted both for his loyalty an charity but also for extreme trechary, He's absolutely gangster to the core, and he's proven to be one tough son of a bitch, like Cheech said much respect to all of you

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Dwalin2011] #724155
07/04/13 03:09 PM
07/04/13 03:09 PM
M
Mob_Scribe Offline OP
Wiseguy
Mob_Scribe  Offline OP
M
Wiseguy
It is available at Barnes & Noble bookstores for sure. I heard it has been selling so you might want to check before making a trip.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724176
07/04/13 04:57 PM
07/04/13 04:57 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
To clarify the foreigner thing was said in jest. I have no beef with anyone. My main point is simple. We are all here because we have some sort of interest in organized crime. Ask yourself this. Would you rather read about Basciano on Wikipedia or from yankees127 who knows first hand. All I'm saying. You don't have to agree with her or anyone else but be respectful

Peace tonyboy. Hope all is well with you and happy 4th

Respect

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #724205
07/04/13 09:08 PM
07/04/13 09:08 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Have to say Im on DiLorenzo's side here.

The guy personally blew away god knows how many. Ordered several hits. Participated in many more.

Paying for a funeral, buying a widow a microwave, whatever, doesnt even out the score.
You're right sonny..And like you mentioned, its not just italians who do this, but all big criminals of all backgrounds do it because it serves them more in the long run...Look how this girl is fighting tooth and nail for him...That's what they want...naive people who think they're helping them..He bought a widow a microwave ?? lol..If he even bought it i would be surprised, but come on, its like those who felt indebted to mob guys who gave them a turkey t christmas time...Good business if you can buy someone's loyalty over a microwave or a turkey !!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724209
07/04/13 09:24 PM
07/04/13 09:24 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Dilorenzo you are just pathetic !!!!! How sad you are !!! I shouldn't waste my time justifying your idiotic outbursts !!! If you read back you were the one that started shit saying his a clown not worthy of a book not me. Yea you asked for his good deeds and I gave them to you, so whats up with that. When your foot was up your ass your talking different shit now and making them ugly. I gave you the good deeds like it or not thats them. Your just a hater without a life !!! Normal people can get there point across without anger obviously you are not normal !!!Yea I'm calling you a fool because thats how you present your arguments just like one. Give your computer a kiss thats where your strength comes from behind it. I wonder what you would do if your kid was threatened to be kidnapped big shot?Your presenting yourself as such a tough guy so what would you do run to the cops ha? Yea that would save a kid waiting for the cops to help. Any man out there would do what Basciano did to save his child. Like or not bottom line.
To Sonny and the widows mortgages he paid for were not because of his actions!Get that straight !!!
My outburts ??? lol...That's funny !! I made a comment in the thread before you even posted in it..it wasn't directed at anybody, and then you came in guns blasting...I'm allowed my opinion tootsa just like you are...And I still haven't resorted to name calling like you have..I don't have a life ?? Well at least i don't claim go on blogs just seeking out basciano threads to comment on like you said you do...that's pretty sad !! Listen tootsa, i'm not 15, i don't wanna keep going with this...you had your say now let it go...Just a little friendly advice first..Next time, you would probably do yourself a great service by acting more lady like and just responding to my post with those ''good deeds'' and then let us check them out instead of the tough girl act !!!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724214
07/04/13 09:34 PM
07/04/13 09:34 PM
The ridge
Lilange Offline
Made Member
Lilange  Offline
Made Member
The ridge
Tootsa wtf is that

"You come at the king you best not miss"-Omar
Re: New Basciano book [Re: cheech] #724220
07/04/13 09:42 PM
07/04/13 09:42 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech
To clarify the foreigner thing was said in jest. I have no beef with anyone. My main point is simple. We are all here because we have some sort of interest in organized crime. Ask yourself this. Would you rather read about Basciano on Wikipedia or from yankees127 who knows first hand. All I'm saying. You don't have to agree with her or anyone else but be respectful

Peace tonyboy. Hope all is well with you and happy 4th

Respect
I know our other friend is from australia but I'm from jersey..Would i rather read about basciano from wikipedia or 127 ?? Well I know wikipedia doesn't have a biased opinion, so i'd rather read wikipedia...As far as respect goes, does that go both ways or are you just trying to get on the good side of a female poster ?? Because neither our australian friend or I disrespected her..and she was the only one name calling and trying to get personal..not sure what you reading !!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Lilange] #724222
07/04/13 09:44 PM
07/04/13 09:44 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilange
Tootsa wtf is that
Girl

Re: New Basciano book [Re: DiLorenzo] #724225
07/04/13 10:31 PM
07/04/13 10:31 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
DiLorenzo and yankees127 - take your disagreement off the boards.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724228
07/04/13 10:43 PM
07/04/13 10:43 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Thought you would have come in earlier when i was being called names but you didn't...Welcome to the thread !!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull