GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 344 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,314
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721350
06/20/13 07:02 AM
06/20/13 07:02 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
It's been a long time since I posted on the BB, but this news was shocking to me, as I'm sure it was for everyone. I've always felt Tony Soprano was the best of the fictional gangsters, no disrespect to Pacino and DeNiro. I just thought Tony Soprano was the best. Too young too die... wow.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721352
06/20/13 08:05 AM
06/20/13 08:05 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
R.I.P. James, a true icon

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721354
06/20/13 08:49 AM
06/20/13 08:49 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
R.I.P.James Joseph Gandolfini ,you was a great actor,you did very good movies, you were also very funny in Romance and Cigarettes.
You'll miss to you,Tony

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721356
06/20/13 09:01 AM
06/20/13 09:01 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

By brother sent me a text about this last night. I couldn't believe it. Why couldn't it be some no talent hack instead of Tony friggin' Soprano? uhwhat

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721357
06/20/13 09:02 AM
06/20/13 09:02 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
gandolfini was also in crimson tide with denzel washington.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Paul Pisano] #721359
06/20/13 09:09 AM
06/20/13 09:09 AM
Shamm11375 Offline
Button
Shamm11375  Offline
Button
“There's an old Italian saying: you f--k up once, you lose two teeth.”

always makes me smile

Great actor...even away from Tony

really sad.... especially for his children

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Shamm11375] #721360
06/20/13 09:25 AM
06/20/13 09:25 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
CNN had a segment this morning on Gandolfini. The ice cream shop that was the diner in which the last scene of the last episode was filmed, was packed last night. The owners of that diner put a "reserved" sign on the booth in which Tony/Carmela were sitting. frown Plus, HBO announced as a tribute to Gandolfini, they will re-run the Sopranos, though I don't know when.

Btw, didn't realize JG played Leon Panetti in Zero Dark Thirty.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721363
06/20/13 10:18 AM
06/20/13 10:18 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
frown

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Don Smitty] #721372
06/20/13 10:36 AM
06/20/13 10:36 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

A sad day and a great loss. The Sopranos literally re-invented television, and without Gandolfini there would have been no Sopranos. He was way too young to die. RIP.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721396
06/20/13 11:58 AM
06/20/13 11:58 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
An article with some messages from costars - http://www.today.com/entertainment/sopra...ctor-6C10387812

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Camarel] #721399
06/20/13 12:05 PM
06/20/13 12:05 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

WOW something on which everyone agrees!

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721403
06/20/13 12:28 PM
06/20/13 12:28 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
i just realized that if one removes some of the letters from gandolfinis's name it spells gandalf another great character who has been in both the lord of the rings and the hobbit.
it is sad when actor's pass away young. i don't know if there are any babylon 5 fans here but michael o'hare who played commander sinclair also passed away from a heart attack. on a final note i lost my mom to cancer this february.

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721404
06/20/13 12:29 PM
06/20/13 12:29 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
i did hear last night that gandolfini was going to be working on another hbo series before his death.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: furio_from_naples] #721406
06/20/13 12:35 PM
06/20/13 12:35 PM
Italy
Money Offline
Button
Money  Offline
Button
Italy
R.I.P. Jimmy we will miss you

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Paul Pisano] #721410
06/20/13 01:00 PM
06/20/13 01:00 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Paul Pisano
i just realized that if one removes some of the letters from gandolfinis's name it spells gandalf another great character who has been in both the lord of the rings and the hobbit.
it is sad when actor's pass away young. i don't know if there are any babylon 5 fans here but michael o'hare who played commander sinclair also passed away from a heart attack. on a final note i lost my mom to cancer this february.

Sorry to hear about your mum bro that's brutal. Just pointing out you would need an extra a to spell Gandalf lol. I'm not a Babylon 5 fan but another actor who died of a heart attack was John Spencer who played Leo in The West Wing who was one of my favourite characters i think he was only late 50s.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721417
06/20/13 01:53 PM
06/20/13 01:53 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com
James Gandolfini on June 10, just 10 days before the "Sopranos" star suffered a fatal heart attack in Italy.
Doctors in Italy battled for 40 minutes to save the life of James Gandolfini, the burly actor best known for his Emmy-winning role as a mob boss in the TV series "The Sopranos," before pronouncing him dead on Wednesday at age 51.
Gandolfini, whose performance as Tony Soprano made him a household name and ushered in a new era of American television drama, was vacationing in Rome and had been scheduled to attend the closing of the Taormina Film Festival in Sicily on Saturday.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721422
06/20/13 02:54 PM
06/20/13 02:54 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Shocking and sad for his family and closest friends. Such a young man.

I can't help but think of the many hours spent here reading over The Sopranos boards when the show was in its first run. Alot of predictions, great insight, and fun

DMF

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 [Re: Blake] #721441
06/20/13 05:54 PM
06/20/13 05:54 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Very sad to hear. RIP

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 [Re: Blake] #721442
06/20/13 05:55 PM
06/20/13 05:55 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Very sad to hear. RIP

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 [Re: Blake] #721454
06/20/13 07:47 PM
06/20/13 07:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

James Gandolfini: As Important As Brando in the Firmament of Fictional Mafia Bosses
Howard Barbanel
June 20, 2013

We now know how The Sopranos really ends -- Tony is taken out by the big capo di tutti capi in the sky. The series finale was left ambiguous but the boss of bosses up above doesn't go for unresolved endings, so ascending to heaven is New Jersey native James Gandolfini, who at 51 definitely went way before his time.

Gandolfini generally played heavies in film and television not because he was a big guy but because he was a heavyweight actor. The hugeness of his screen presence was most significantly manifested in his eight-year portrayal of Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano. The Sopranos created a new paradigm for dramatic television and made HBO must-see TV. Gandolfini's work was recognized by his peers by repeatedly winning the prime-time Emmy award for Best Actor in a Dramatic Series along with similar honors from the Screen Actors Guild. He also took home awards from the Golden Globes and the American Film Institute, and was nominated just about every year that he didn't win.

The Sopranos, and Gandolfini's role as Tony, was every bit as important to the oeuvre of American mafia celluloid fiction as were Marlon Brando's Don Corleone and Al Pacino as Michael in The Godfather. Aside from that Coppola epic, The Sopranos probably had the most impact on American popular culture as it relates to Italian-American gangsters. Gandolfini was brilliant as Tony Soprano precisely because he seemed to embody and then channel his New Jersey Italian ethnicity thoroughly and completely.

Millions would tune in on Sundays at 9:00 p.m. to learn sage advice on how to run a complex business organization, how to manage recalcitrant personnel, how to fend-off federal regulators (in the form of law enforcement) and how to deal with high levels of stress. It was the quintessential primer on executive management tips for the new millennium. On the home front, Tony faced all the same frustrations and temptations as most middle-aged, upper-middle class men with the caveat that he acted upon the deeply repressed impulses of so many guys living lives of quiet desperation and in so doing served as a vicarious release for male frustration and aggression no less important than that offered by professional football earlier on any given Sunday. That Tony got away with most of it was part of the allure of his character. Gandolfini brought infinite layers of complexity and nuance to a role that is most often either played overly simplistically or for laughs.

Gandolfini's untimely departure is like that of John Lennon or Jim Morrison. There would never be a Beatles reunion after December 1980 or any real performances by The Doors after July 1971 and so The Sopranos can never rise again without the anchoring presence of the Sopranos' paterfamilias.

For those of us born between 1957 and 1963, Gandolfini's tragic early death is a loud knock on our late-40s and early-50-something doors. It is a signal that our lives, no matter how accomplished, are not infinite and our youth fleeting. To Gandolfini's family, friends and colleagues, a big-hearted guy will now leave a gaping hole by his disappearance.

Even in reruns, The Sopranos is one of the best shows on TV. It always seems fresh and vibrant even if you've seen that particular episode a half dozen times. That's partly a testament to James Gandofini who gave a performance for the ages on a par with Brando. Thanks, Mr. Gandofini, for making many a Sunday night so meaningful. We wish you Godspeed and a great seat in heaven's Bada-Bing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-barbanel/james-gandolfini-as-impor_b_3469635.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 [Re: Blake] #721460
06/20/13 08:15 PM
06/20/13 08:15 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
RIP, he was a great actor.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 [Re: Blake] #721515
06/20/13 11:07 PM
06/20/13 11:07 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

“He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. I remember telling him many times, ‘You don’t get it. You’re like Mozart.” There would be silence at the other end of the phone. For Deborah Lin, Michael and Liliana this is crushing. And it’s bad for the rest of the world. He wasn’t easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.”

- David Chase (Creator)

"I am shocked and devastated by Jim's passing. He was a man of tremendous depth and sensitivity, with a kindness and generosity beyond words. I consider myself very lucky to have spent 10 years as his close colleague. My heart goes out to his family as those of us in his pretend one hold on to the memories of our intense and beautiful time together. The love between Tony and Carmela was one of the greatest I've ever known.

- Edie Falco (Carmela)

"I had the greatest sparring partner in the world, I had Muhammad Ali," ... "He cares what he does, and does it extremely well. ‘We lost a giant today. I am utterly heartbroken."

- Lorraine Bracco (Dr. Melfi)

"Jimmy treated us all like family with a generosity, loyalty and compassion that is rare in this world. Working with him was a pleasure and a privilege. I will be forever grateful having had a friend the likes of Jimmy.

- Michael Imperioli (Chris)

"Fughedabout losing one of the best actors of our time... we lost so much more. Anyone from the Soprano family will tell you he was one of the most generous, real and humble human beings ever...with a presence that could shatter planets when he walked into a room. A King through n through. So very sorry for his family."

- Drea de Matteo (Adriana)

"The only image I had was standing and watching him, like watching the water flow. He was that easy, that focused, that real," ... "It wasn't like we were acting."

- Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior)

"I've not only lost a great friend, but a true brother, on screen and off. James was the most generous actor to work with, but more so, a man with a heart of gold."

- Aida Turturro (Janice)

"Jimmy was one of my closest friends in life. He helped me with my career as well as my personal life," ... "We visited troops together in Iraq and became very close. He will be missed and I love him."

- Tony Sirico (Paulie)

"This is the loss of a glowing light, an instinctive actor and the type of person who you never got tired of talking to. Since 1998, my work with him grew into a second skin. The words in our scenes together would change but the mutual respect would never change."

- Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sac)

"We were enemies on screen, but pretty good friends off screen. Jim was a loving guy who just enjoyed life. It’s a sad and tragic thing that’s happened. I feel bad for his family. He always had something to say — you know how the guys are. It was a men’s club and everybody had a good time all the time. Jimmy was the perfect choice for Tony Soprano."

- Frank Vincent (Phil Leotardo)

"I have lost a brother and a best friend. The world has lost one of the greatest actors of all time. Maureen and I send our deepest sympathy and love to Deborah, Michael, Lily, and all of Jimmy's family."

- Steven Van Zandt (Silvio)

"He will now become even bigger in death than he was in life."

- Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy)

"I had to get up and leave. It was like being told a brother had died. Jimmy Gandolfini was as great a friend as he was an actor and a human being."

- Steve Schirripa (Bobby)

"I couldn’t have asked for any better actor or better gentleman to work with. His generosity was unmatched. He was always right there for me during the show. It was a head-spinning . . . experience for everyone, yet he always found the time for me and everyone on the cast."

- David Proval (Richie)

"Jimmy was very private. He didn’t like publicity, you know that. I loved him. We’re in shock."

- Joe Pantoliano (Ralph)

"James Gandolfini was one of the greatest actors of our time.... He was a really well-nuanced actor."

- Federico Castelluccio (Furio)

"Jimmy and I were not the closest of friends, but I am forever indebted to him. He came with his son and spoke at my wedding, came to my restaurant to meet fans sick as a dog in the rain and stayed for hours. He also said he would go in and talk to David Chase with me if I didn’t want to play my role on the show. Just a humble and gifted actor and person."

- Joseph Gannascoli (Vito)

"My heart is broken and my heart goes out to his family and his children. He was one of the most generous and supportive people I've ever known."

- John Ventimiglia (Artie)

"The news has left me heartbroken," ... "I can only imagine the pain his family feels at this time, and my heart goes out to them, especially Deborah, Michael, and Lilliana."

- Jamie Lynn Sigler (Meadow)

"I haven't cried in years and now I can't stop ... Please tell me this is all a bad dream ... I love you so much james and always will."

- Robert Iler (AJ)

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721516
06/20/13 11:19 PM
06/20/13 11:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Fans Gandolfini 'Put New Jersey on the Map'

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/20/13 11:19 PM.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721532
06/21/13 12:42 AM
06/21/13 12:42 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Still shocked he's dead. Doesn't seem real

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721538
06/21/13 04:05 AM
06/21/13 04:05 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
my friend Mario remarked to me that the great James Gandolfini, died while are giving on Italian television late in the evening, the sixth series in which Tony was struggling between life and death. I replied to him''Mario,ora sapim cà à vita è prop infam" (Mario, now we have the proof that life is really infamous).

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Blake] #721568
06/21/13 09:54 AM
06/21/13 09:54 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
i heard on the news that his son found him unconscious and he was given medical treatment but pronounced dead at the hospital. sad news.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Paul Pisano] #721576
06/21/13 11:28 AM
06/21/13 11:28 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The piece-of-shit rag, New York Post, has reported that Gandolfini had gone on a drinking and eating binge shortly before his death.

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: SC] #721578
06/21/13 11:56 AM
06/21/13 11:56 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Damn shame. Far to young....

RIP

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: SC] #721579
06/21/13 12:17 PM
06/21/13 12:17 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Originally Posted By: SC
The piece-of-shit rag, New York Post, has reported that Gandolfini had gone on a drinking and eating binge shortly before his death.

Nothing they print surprises me anymore. rolleyes

Re: James Gandolfini Has Passed Away [Re: Just Lou] #721583
06/21/13 12:35 PM
06/21/13 12:35 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: SC

Nothing they print surprises me anymore. rolleyes

Agreed the Post is a shit rag. Let the man die with some dignity. What the hell did he ever to to the Post?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull