GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, Lou_Para, 2 invisible), 270 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,483
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,909
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,755
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Killing #718710
06/04/13 11:39 AM
06/04/13 11:39 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
I thought I'd start a thread on this show. It may end up just being Afs & I that watch it but instead of taking up the random thread, I copied/pasted the last couple comments and started a new thread. smile

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Afs, I feel asleep after about a half hour last night. I notice it is on "on demand" so I think I'll watch it tonight. Did you catch it last night?

smile
TIS

I usually get to watch everything a couple of days later, since I'd have to download them and watch them during weekdays. Anyway, I've just watched this, it was two episode premier and quite long. I too fall asleep halfway through, then I woke up and had to watch the last half of it again. lol It apparently is going to deal with the case she had prior to the time the series started, you know, that kid that was drawing the same thing over and over again, having spent six days with his mother's corpse. sick The husband was charged for her murder, but Sara isn't sure they got the right guy. He is on the death row now and quite a piece of work himself.

Yes, it seems tho this current killer in jail was from one of Sarah's old cases that she thought was a slam dunk but is now wondering if he is the murderer. To be clear, the boy who drew the pictures is connected (brother?) to the original dead girl in the old case right? confused

(I don't know all the characters' names yet, but the girl they show in the beginning getting into the car is the same girl the young boy likes and is searching for right?

Also, the girl that was on the bridge in the beginning sure has a doozie of a mother doesn't she? Geez rolleyes

Oh, and yes and back to the prisoner? Wow, what a psycho they way he beat the pastor. OMG! panic Even if he didn't commit that one murder, I have a feeling he's where he belongs. LOL

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #718719
06/04/13 12:26 PM
06/04/13 12:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I don't watch any of the array of death and destruction TV series (except Law & Order). Instead, I just listen to or read the news.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: The Killing [Re: olivant] #718722
06/04/13 12:32 PM
06/04/13 12:32 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: olivant
I don't watch any of the array of death and destruction TV series (except Law & Order). Instead, I just listen to or read the news.

I STILL love Law & Order. I don't ever get sick of it. I find myself on weekends sometimes watching the marathons from way way back in the 90s. Geez, who would have thought 90s were olden days. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #718735
06/04/13 01:36 PM
06/04/13 01:36 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I thought I'd start a thread on this show. It may end up just being Afs & I that watch it but instead of taking up the random thread, I copied/pasted the last couple comments and started a new thread. smile

Yes, it seems tho this current killer in jail was from one of Sarah's old cases that she thought was a slam dunk but is now wondering if he is the murderer. To be clear, the boy who drew the pictures is connected (brother?) to the original dead girl in the old case right? confused

(I don't know all the characters' names yet, but the girl they show in the beginning getting into the car is the same girl the young boy likes and is searching for right?

Also, the girl that was on the bridge in the beginning sure has a doozie of a mother doesn't she? Geez rolleyes

Oh, and yes and back to the prisoner? Wow, what a psycho they way he beat the pastor. OMG! panic Even if he didn't commit that one murder, I have a feeling he's where he belongs. LOL

TIS

Good thinking TIS! smile

The boy who drew the picture was the son of the original woman whose throat was slit. They thought the husband is the murderer, so the boy went into the system. A woman was taking care of him, that much was clear when Sarah went to check on him. His father now in on the death row, and will be soon executed, so they have started talking to him about his father. And he drew another picture with a bit of more detail so that helped Sarah to find the dumping site. Apparently this boy has been to that place one way or another.

And you are right on that excuse of a mother, and that prisoner!

She might as well have aborted her pregnancy, cause she got her daughter killed. Not shown, but that's what I guess.

That prisoner, (the father of that boy and husband of the original victim), one can't have any sympathy for him, just as you said one way or another he belongs there. He said there is no cowardice in holding a woman down and slitting her throat while she looks at you, or something to that effect. sick Add to that almost bashing that poor old chaplain's head to the bars and I wouldn't care less if they put him down. ohwell

So with that dumping site uncovered, a pimp and quite a strange pastor in the play, we see how it goes down.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #718758
06/04/13 02:20 PM
06/04/13 02:20 PM
California

California
Thanks for the translation Afs. smile Started out with a lot happening, hopefully it'll continue to capture our interest.

smile

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #718759
06/04/13 02:24 PM
06/04/13 02:24 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
great tv show, at first they werent going to renew then all of a sudden it was on, so pumped

When Interpol?
Re: The Killing [Re: cheech] #718761
06/04/13 02:29 PM
06/04/13 02:29 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: cheech
great tv show, at first they werent going to renew then all of a sudden it was on, so pumped

Cheech, that's what I heard and that's why I was surprised to see a 2nd season.

I'll say one thing, it sure rains a lot in the state of Washington no? lol Always gloomy/rainy it seems.

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #718782
06/04/13 03:25 PM
06/04/13 03:25 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Thanks for the translation Afs. smile Started out with a lot happening, hopefully it'll continue to capture our interest.

smile

TIS

You're welcome TIS. I just realized I didn't answer this part of your post:

Quote:

I'm bad with names too. Yes, the boy is her friend. She digs him, but he is actually into another gal who is in love with that idiot who blew her cash on dying his hair. lol Lot's of stuff going on. grin

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #718804
06/04/13 04:31 PM
06/04/13 04:31 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech

Cheech, that's what I heard and that's why I was surprised to see a 2nd season.

I'll say one thing, it sure rains a lot in the state of Washington no? lol Always gloomy/rainy it seems.

TIS

ALWAYS gloomy, i think thats one of the points of the show as well, gives you a spooky feeling

i think this is the 3rd season fyi

poor rosie larsen, i really felt for that family even though it was only fiction, shows you how good the show is when it gets to your emotions

When Interpol?
Re: The Killing [Re: cheech] #719707
06/10/13 02:39 PM
06/10/13 02:39 PM
California

California
Anyone watch last night? I wasn't sure at first that I was actually looking at that many bodies in the river. uhwhat

Linden is back on the police force, thru a former lover it seems, who is now her boss. Callie is still missing and her girl (?)friend is searching for her. Thank goodness cause her mother doesn't care. Doesn't look good for Callie. frown

Lots of stuff going on. I kick myself cause as much as I tried not to, I fell asleep the last 10/15minutes of the show. So, IF I missed some grand ending, I plan to watch it as soon as it's on On Demand as well as last night's "Mad Men" which I also missed. Damn, I remember when I'd stay up half the night. ohwell rolleyes

TIS

Ok, just finished re-watching last night's episode. Good thing, I missed more than I thought. The video of the young girl? That's Kallie, the missing girl right?

And, every time they show the prisoner he's creepier and creepier. I thought he'd use the razor blade on the guard that kept goading him. uhwhat

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/10/13 08:24 PM.

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #719871
06/11/13 11:55 AM
06/11/13 11:55 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Bullet is a girl, I thought she was a boy. I mean, I did find it strange the way that pimp raped her, that goes to show that I have no clue what's what. blush

Yes, that video was of that young girl that's missing.

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #719874
06/11/13 12:05 PM
06/11/13 12:05 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Bullet is a girl, I thought she was a boy. I mean, I did find it strange the way that pimp raped her, that goes to show that I have no clue what's what. blush

Yes, that video was of that young girl that's missing.

Well I wasn't sure about Bullet either, (tho suspected). When Holder called her "little man" she opened her jacket and said I'm a girl confirmed any suspicions. I didn't catch it until I re-watched. Felt sorry for her tho. That pimp that raped her wasn't that other girls' boyfriend was it? I didn't see the face. Speaking of the other pimp...what an asshole spending the $60 she gave him on what? Hair products? AND how lost that girl must be to go out pimping for him. frown

Anyway good episode. The show is so downbeat and dreary to me, not that it's suppose to be a fun show LOL but it's very serious all of the time.

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #719888
06/11/13 01:06 PM
06/11/13 01:06 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well I wasn't sure about Bullet either, (tho suspected). When Holder called her "little man" she opened her jacket and said I'm a girl confirmed any suspicions. I didn't catch it until I re-watched. Felt sorry for her tho. That pimp that raped her wasn't that other girls' boyfriend was it? I didn't see the face. Speaking of the other pimp...what an asshole spending the $60 she gave him on what? Hair products? AND how lost that girl must be to go out pimping for him. frown

Anyway good episode. The show is so downbeat and dreary to me, not that it's suppose to be a fun show LOL but it's very serious all of the time.

TIS

I had to re-watch that part and she said you are slow 5-0, I aint a boy. Not sure why I missed it. Or maybe that time I thought she means she is a man, not a boy. crazy

No, I didn't pick up that part that guy was a pimp also. There are two different pimps then, the other one raped Bullet. The girl Bullet loves, is apparently in love with her pimp who spend her 60 buck on hair color. There's screwed up and then there's that girl. panic

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #722207
06/25/13 12:08 PM
06/25/13 12:08 PM
California

California
Good episode Sunday. I'm actually liking this season better than the first. smile

Doesn't look good for Kallie does it? Her mom NOW seems concerned? What a joke. rolleyes I'm feeling a little sorry for Bullet, who is growing on me. She's not as tough as she tries to be.

On a lighter side, had to crack up at Holder, when his girlfriend handed him a gift and said "Happy Valentine's Day." Forgetting Valentine's Day, Holder replies "Happy V Day baby.....did I tell you I celebrate Valentine's Day on the 15th." lol

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #722416
06/26/13 04:12 AM
06/26/13 04:12 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Yeah, it was better than last week's episode that nothing happened. V day to me sounded more like a day to raise awareness for venereal diseases. lol But all in all, Holder is such a nice guy. smile

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #725640
07/11/13 03:57 PM
07/11/13 03:57 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Regarding the recent episode, I just wanted to say that mother is really a piece of work. "Don't these kids have anywhere else to go?" Yeah, how about staying with their parent(s)? That woman is just too much. sick

That pastor is creepy and an impostor, but knowing how this series is playing with you, it all would probably turn out to be a misunderstanding anyway. rolleyes

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #725646
07/11/13 04:07 PM
07/11/13 04:07 PM
California

California
Yea NOW Callie's mother is concerned? rolleyes It's sad to see all those kids who don't have shelter to have to go to the "preacher's" house.

Afs, you don't think the phoney preacher might be the killer? Oh, and did the prisoner talk the other prisoner into hanging himself? What bought that on? confused That guy plays some real mind games doesn't he?

Btw, when Callie's mom was looking for Bullet, she says, "Are you Trigger?" Bullet corrects her. lol

Show is very moody/dark but I am enjoying this season more than the first so far.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/11/13 04:08 PM.

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #725825
07/12/13 02:43 AM
07/12/13 02:43 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well, do you remember the last two seasons? Just when we thought it was Richmond, it wasn't. Then we thought it was the mayor, but it switched back to Richmond and then it was none of those two. So I wouldn't expect the preacher to be the actual murderer just yet. Maybe this season turn out to be more straight forward, but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for prisoner killing himself, he wanted to stop him first, but seeing his resolve, he gave up and actually encouraged him. It was a disturbing scene.

I love the moodiness of the show. I LOVE the opening credit. Sums up the feeling of the show.

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #725873
07/12/13 10:50 AM
07/12/13 10:50 AM
California

California
Ok, I must be missing something. I THOUGHT there was only one other season before this. That was the "Who Killed Rosie Larson" season, which is the only other season I saw. Was the one I'm missing before or after Rosie? confused I can't believe I missed it.

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #725903
07/12/13 12:40 PM
07/12/13 12:40 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Ok, I must be missing something. I THOUGHT there was only one other season before this. That was the "Who Killed Rosie Larson" season, which is the only other season I saw. Was the one I'm missing before or after Rosie? confused I can't believe I missed it.

TIS

There was actually 2 who killed rosie larson seasons, so dont worry TIS if you saw all the rosie larson episodes u didnt miss anything.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #725904
07/12/13 12:43 PM
07/12/13 12:43 PM
The ridge
Lilange Offline
Made Member
Lilange  Offline
Made Member
The ridge
I have a feeling that one of the cops either the cop linden was fooling around with or holders new partner. Has something to do with the missing girls

Last edited by Lilange; 07/12/13 12:44 PM.

"You come at the king you best not miss"-Omar
Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #725932
07/12/13 03:26 PM
07/12/13 03:26 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Yeah TIS, the saga of "Who killed Rosie Larson?" lasted for two seasons. Not sure if you have missed a season or not. ohwell

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #726201
07/13/13 03:54 PM
07/13/13 03:54 PM
California

California
Ahhhh That explains it. I don't remember it taking two seasons. I was wondering how an entire season slipped by me. lol

Thanks

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #726789
07/15/13 04:47 PM
07/15/13 04:47 PM
California

California
Ok, after last night's episode it doesn't look as the the preacher guy is the killer right? And exactly who is Bullet referring to when she says she knows who it is in her call to Holder? I know that young girl at the depot (or wherever) gave her the clue, but I'm not sure who she was referring to. confused

Did you hear during the previews they said only 3 more episodes left this season? WTF Seems seasons are shorter and shorter. mad I guess these are more mini-series than regular series. Wouldn't piss me of if there wasn't a year or more between seasons. rolleyes

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/15/13 04:48 PM.

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #727031
07/16/13 09:21 AM
07/16/13 09:21 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Ok, after last night's episode it doesn't look as the the preacher guy is the killer right? And exactly who is Bullet referring to when she says she knows who it is in her call to Holder? I know that young girl at the depot (or wherever) gave her the clue, but I'm not sure who she was referring to. confused

Did you hear during the previews they said only 3 more episodes left this season? WTF Seems seasons are shorter and shorter. mad I guess these are more mini-series than regular series. Wouldn't piss me of if there wasn't a year or more between seasons. rolleyes

TIS

Yes, preacher is no longer a suspect. We don't know who Bullet is referring to. The girl whose left ring finger was cut off was the one cops found all bloody and took to the hospital. She was getting out of town and was refusing to tell who was that assaulted her. Apparently she finally told Bullet who he is, but it seems that he is onto her now, as a mystery man in a car is pulling in front of the restaurant where she sits.

I think the show's format was a 13 episode long in the past two seasons, so this one is two episodes shorter. But to be fair, it has less events going on to warrant a longer season. I tell you, I hardly can stand the 24 episode format anymore, the shorter, the better. grin If only one didn't have to wait a year for the rest of it.

Re: The Killing [Re: afsaneh77] #727034
07/16/13 09:29 AM
07/16/13 09:29 AM
California

California
Afs,

Thanks for clarification. I thought I missed something.

Yes it is the time span between seasons that irks me. mad I always have to re-watch so many of these cable shows just to refresh my memory.

smile

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #729319
07/24/13 04:05 PM
07/24/13 04:05 PM
California

California
Anyone see Sunday's episode?? (7/21)

SPOILERS

Holder is really feeling bad about Bullet. AND what's with Twit (the Pimp)? He knew about Bullit. Is HE suspect? And the guy in prison (forgot his name) was thought to be guilty and then not and now guilty again? confused

Good episode. I think there are only 2 left. I hope they close the case before next season.

TIS

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #729332
07/24/13 05:24 PM
07/24/13 05:24 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Spoilers!!!!

Yes i hope they dont drag it out for another season. Good episode but kinda confusing, is joe mills guilty? He had the rings and bullets body was in his trunk but if hes the killer and they have him arrested, what is the point of having 2 more eoisodes? Ya i also thought it was weird that twit knew about bullet, but i thought maybe he just heard it on the streets but idk.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The Killing [Re: Dellacroce] #729334
07/24/13 05:41 PM
07/24/13 05:41 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Spoilers!!!!

Yes i hope they dont drag it out for another season. Good episode but kinda confusing, is joe mills guilty? He had the rings and bullets body was in his trunk but if hes the killer and they have him arrested, what is the point of having 2 more eoisodes? Ya i also thought it was weird that twit knew about bullet, but i thought maybe he just heard it on the streets but idk.

SPOILERS

Is Joe Mills (Kallies mom's scumbag boyfriend right?) I think he's responsible for Bullet and others who's jewelry they found, BUT he didn't kill the wife of the prisoner guy so Sarah was wrong (so far) about him being innocent....or so it seems. It is a tad confusing. confused

TIS

Btw, I think it's Twitch and not Twit as I called him. lol Some weird names.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/24/13 06:09 PM.

Re: The Killing [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #729344
07/24/13 06:27 PM
07/24/13 06:27 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Right twitch, besides holder and linden i cant keep any of the names striaght. I dont why but i think the jail guy might be innocent(just call it hunch), and im gonna take a guess and say the last two episodes are gonna involve linden proving him innocent.

-Jordan Belfort
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull