GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 328 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana #717425
05/27/13 01:52 PM
05/27/13 01:52 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline OP
Underboss
Danito  Offline OP
Underboss
Berlin, Germany

Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Danito] #717482
05/28/13 01:19 AM
05/28/13 01:19 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

So, if I understand what he's saying, he's not for legalization of drugs but would decriminalize it in the sense of making the penalties less severe?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Danito] #717961
05/31/13 02:25 PM
05/31/13 02:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Slim majority in favor of legalizing Pot

http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2013/05/29-politics-marijuana-legalization-galston-dionne

They make a good point: Public support jumped 20 points in the last decade, 11 in the last 3 years. Why?

Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #717971
05/31/13 04:51 PM
05/31/13 04:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
SPublic support jumped 20 points in the last decade, 11 in the last 3 years. Why?

Because this country is getting dumber by the day.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Danito] #717982
05/31/13 05:51 PM
05/31/13 05:51 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Its safer than Alcohol but its seen as a worse drug.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Danito] #717996
05/31/13 07:12 PM
05/31/13 07:12 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vito Corleone "I believe this drug business is gonna destroy us in the years to come".

Unfortunatly, in Argentina, many people talk about legislation of Marijuana. I say I am against it, I agree with the drug policy of the arabian countries. Its a shame to me listening younger people than me talking about it. I rather allow the duels of gentelmen, you know, sword and pistols, its a healthier "legislation".

You know what? In my country, those on favor of "legislation" of Marijuana, "oh what a coincidence!" smoke marijuana, ALL of them... rolleyes Pretty coincidence, isn´t it?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Don Pappo Napolitano] #717998
05/31/13 07:27 PM
05/31/13 07:27 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano
Vito Corleone "I believe this drug business is gonna destroy us in the years to come".

Unfortunatly, in Argentina, many people talk about legislation of Marijuana. I say I am against it, I agree with the drug policy of the arabian countries. Its a shame to me listening younger people than me talking about it. I rather allow the duels of gentelmen, you know, sword and pistols, its a healthier "legislation".

You know what? In my country, those on favor of "legislation" of Marijuana, "oh what a coincidence!" smoke marijuana, ALL of them... rolleyes Pretty coincidence, isn´t it?

Arab nations have tough drug las for citizens, yet they smoke something called Khat, which is worse than Marijuana or alcohol. I think it's an 'If we do it, it's okay" situation.

Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: jace] #718005
05/31/13 08:00 PM
05/31/13 08:00 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted By: jace

Arab nations have tough drug las for citizens, yet they smoke something called Khat, which is worse than Marijuana or alcohol. I think it's an 'If we do it, it's okay" situation.

I don´t agree. In Argentina we have a public health care system, it means, if you are ill and don´t have money, you can go to see a doctor in a hospital for free. Anyone justifies the smoking of marijuana saying "its my life and I dont bother anyone", actually he bothers all the argentinian people(even those who are not aware), we pay taxes for public services like education. health care, civil security and many more(actually they need to get better). So if one person "doing his life" gets ill because an overdose, I wouldnt allow him to get into the hospital, I don´t pay taxes to take care of a "clever guy and wanna be I know everything" who does "his life". If you get ill for reasons you dont manage, its ok I would take care of you, if you "do your life" I wouldnt. I am sorry to be that honest, but I am not famouse withing my people because of my well thinking about drugs.

Have you seen Midnight Express? Its based on a true story. Despite their own drugs in the arabian countries, be sure that a western drug dealer would think twice before he gets into that business, if he does, he knows what happens if caught.

In Taiwan there is a big Tag saying that anyone caught with drugs would be punish with death penalty. Its like my country Argentina, isnt it? rolleyes

Ok maybe you are goona talk about opium and things like that in the Taiwan situation, but I just wanted to see the main point.

I mean, in my country everything is a joke, anyone does what he wants, and that`s why many robberies and murders happen, many of them drugs are the actual matter. So I say "If we do it, its NOT ok".

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Danito] #718017
06/01/13 12:23 AM
06/01/13 12:23 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Marijuana is just like any drug, good and bad. It can do good for cancer patients or people suffering from glaucoma. For those patients, it should have a legitimate medical use, although I understand that basically in CA you can have it prescribed for almost anything, which is silly. rolleyes

I am for its legalization for a few reasons, mainly revenue and the freeing up of the court system. If it were legalized, it would bring increased revenue to the supervising governments, which is needed, and also stop the arrests that are clogging up are court system. This would enable the courts to deal with the more serious offenses and free up our jails from overcrowding so that prisoners are not released early or given deals.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Sicilian Babe] #718033
06/01/13 01:17 AM
06/01/13 01:17 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Keep in mind that marijuana is still illegal per the federal Controlled Substances Act. While the federal government may choose to decline prosecution of certain users of the drug, it will still prosecute those who produce and distribute it.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: olivant] #718073
06/01/13 10:07 AM
06/01/13 10:07 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Funny I thought you would say "gayer."

I would probably blame the public failure of the Drug War.

You lost me when you praised governments who have no qualms chopping your head off or jailing your ass for naming a teddy bear after a religious prophet.

Originally Posted By: olivant
Keep in mind that marijuana is still illegal per the federal Controlled Substances Act. While the federal government may choose to decline prosecution of certain users of the drug, it will still prosecute those who produce and distribute it.

Yet the President decided just recently not to get involved in Colorado. I assume because he read the polling data and realized if he did continue his anti-Pot work (derided by Rolling Stone magazine as worse than Dubya on that front), he very well alienate a good segment of voters that the party will need in '14/'16, and which Republicans could champion as a good issue against the Democrats.

That's my guess.

Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Don Pappo Napolitano] #718185
06/01/13 07:08 PM
06/01/13 07:08 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
So if one person "doing his life" gets ill because an overdose

except for the small fact of having it not be possible to die of an overdose on pot. i forget the exact number, but the LD-50 dose is so high when it comes to pot that to OD, you would have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole in 15 minutes, not very likely! there are occasionally stupid people like that cop who ate an entire tray of brownies with his dopey GF despite never even smoking before, who might think they are going to die, but they won't! cool

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #718210
06/02/13 12:12 AM
06/02/13 12:12 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Funny I thought you would say "gayer."

That would be redundant.

Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: Five_Felonies] #718591
06/03/13 07:07 PM
06/03/13 07:07 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
So if one person "doing his life" gets ill because an overdose

except for the small fact of having it not be possible to die of an overdose on pot. i forget the exact number, but the LD-50 dose is so high when it comes to pot that to OD, you would have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole in 15 minutes, not very likely! there are occasionally stupid people like that cop who ate an entire tray of brownies with his dopey GF despite never even smoking before, who might think they are going to die, but they won't! cool
I regard it as an "open door to something else", however I meant any kind of illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, etc. As the matter of fact, I don´t want that trash in my country.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: David Simon on the legalisation of Marijuana [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #718597
06/03/13 07:27 PM
06/03/13 07:27 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
[

You lost me when you praised governments who have no qualms chopping your head off or jailing your ass for naming a teddy bear after a religious prophet.

[

Do you think the now a day world is much better? I don´t think so. Many people think we are fine today because they do what they want, but the truth is that many people do what they want and don´t care if they bother the one another.
I strongly believe japanese feudal system based on Bushido was the best one ever. They would cut your head off of course, but just if you didn`t do the right thing.No hard feelings, I know this could be disgusting to you. I don´t expect you to understand that kind of strict code. You have to be a Samurai to understand it. More, the worst thing that could have happended to Japan, despite Hiroshima and Nagasaki, is the 1868`s Meiji Restoration. Many people may say "Well, Japan needed to open to the world and have an update", the truth id that the "Restoration" was a business for a few crooked Samurai who thought about money forgeting the Bushido Code. And the Last Shogun, Tokugawa Yoshinobu, was about to update Japan but he hadn´t time enought and his goverment cracked down. I mean, a strict discipline(including a death penalty) doesnt mean neccesarily a bad thing.
I wouldnt allow those drugs in my country if I were in charge of my country.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull