GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 281 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New Jersey mafia cash flow #715430
05/13/13 10:34 AM
05/13/13 10:34 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
During the New Jersey mobs hey day under Vinny Ocean Palermo, how much money would you say they were making. What about the Genovese faction in NJ? I saw that Gerardo was grossing 1 million bucks a week from just one of his operations. I know of many people from north east jersey who went and joined a New York family. I myself could've either joined the New York mob or New Jersey mob had I chosen to pursue that life because I had an equal amount of family in both north east jersey cities and the 5 boroughs of NYC and Long Island. I didn't live in jersey city for that long but I did live there long enough to pick up my New York accent. Was there ever a time when the decavalcantes and the Genovese and lucchese New Jersey families got into wars and disputes? Which one of the 3 families would you say is the most powerful today? Thank you for your input.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715455
05/13/13 12:29 PM
05/13/13 12:29 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
New Jersey Genovese crews...hand down.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715464
05/13/13 12:42 PM
05/13/13 12:42 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Genovese faction in New Jersey have more members than DeCavalcante's

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715476
05/13/13 01:10 PM
05/13/13 01:10 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Wow. I know Tino Fiumara is very powerful over there. Is he the boss of the Genovese New Jersey faction? Would he be a capo under the entire Genovese crime family

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715479
05/13/13 01:24 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Wow. I know Tino Fiumara is very powerful over there. Is he the boss of the Genovese New Jersey faction? Would he be a capo under the entire Genovese crime family

Tino died back in 2010. Previous to that, he had been on a three man ruling panel running the family. The new captain of that crew is Michael Coppola, who is currently incarcerated. While there isn't really a boss of the New Jersey faction, until he was indicted, acting captain Anthony Palumbo had oversight of the family's Jersey operations. But I think that simply meant he was the go between with the Jersey crews and the top leadership in New York.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/13/13 01:27 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715480
NYC
SiciNy Offline
Made Member
SiciNy  Offline
Made Member
NYC

hes dead. wouldnt you know that being 'you say' you couldve been in 2 families LOL......

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715481
05/13/13 01:25 PM
05/13/13 01:25 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Not since he died in 2010.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715545
05/13/13 07:29 PM
05/13/13 07:29 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Well for starters Tinos dead. His crew went to Borelli and Depiro. The biggest books in nj are phil danoias (devitas crew), and Johnny blue with Borelli. Ninny has Rocco Petrozza and Mike Cardito. Tony Palumbo has Carmy Cicalese, Lou Amendola and the masulo bros. The luccheses have Frank Legano and Frankie Paoloercio under Perno. The bonannos had Paul Mancusos package, but thats with Tony Palumbos book. Idk much about the Nj Gambinos outside of Mitas crew. Catnip and juicy are his main guys. Joe faffy is that crews main book. They are a more into lending. And the laborers. idk much about the Decavs. Scoops crew is Beeps Centoriono, Lou Fazzini, Joe Darchi, Dennis Christy and the Olivieri bros.

Idk if Gerard actually MADE $1m a wk... More like 1m a week in bets... Papers make that mistake because reporters are dumb and feds may not differentiate at a press release bc they like to be told theyre doung a good job. That crew was into a LOT... Sports was just one biz, they still own the biggest machine vending co in NJ. A lot of ppl think Tino was easily the biggest earner in Jersey but Andy G came a close second. His crew went to devita. Before gerard it was Pee Wee. Before him Tony Biordo. Before him it was his father the Boot..... Does that sound right ivy or hk? My heads a little fizzy today

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Skinny] #715555
05/13/13 08:26 PM
05/13/13 08:26 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Skinny
The luccheses have Frank Legano and Frankie Paoloercio under Perno. The bonannos had Paul

lagano got popped back in 2007 for being a rat

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715557
05/13/13 08:31 PM
05/13/13 08:31 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
a random nj mobster question: who was the bonanno wiseguy that dominick cicale was at the nj nets game with while randy pizzolo was being murdered in bk?

heres a little background: http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/05/floor-seats-at-new-jersey-nets-game-was.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Skinny] #715582
05/14/13 01:04 AM
05/14/13 01:04 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Well for starters Tinos dead. His crew went to Borelli and Depiro. The biggest books in nj are phil danoias (devitas crew), and Johnny blue with Borelli. Ninny has Rocco Petrozza and Mike Cardito. Tony Palumbo has Carmy Cicalese, Lou Amendola and the masulo bros. The luccheses have Frank Legano and Frankie Paoloercio under Perno. The bonannos had Paul Mancusos package, but thats with Tony Palumbos book. Idk much about the Nj Gambinos outside of Mitas crew. Catnip and juicy are his main guys. Joe faffy is that crews main book. They are a more into lending. And the laborers. idk much about the Decavs. Scoops crew is Beeps Centoriono, Lou Fazzini, Joe Darchi, Dennis Christy and the Olivieri bros.

It seems only the Genovese family has multiple crews based there. The Gambinos (Mitarotonda), Luccheses (Perna), and Bonannos (Sammartino) each have one crew based there. I don't think the Colombos have any at this point. Of course, that's not to say other crews, which are based in New York, don't have some operations there. For instance, though he was a member of the Corozzo crew, Skins operated in Jersey.

Quote:
Idk if Gerard actually MADE $1m a wk... More like 1m a week in bets... Papers make that mistake because reporters are dumb and feds may not differentiate at a press release bc they like to be told theyre doung a good job. That crew was into a LOT... Sports was just one biz, they still own the biggest machine vending co in NJ. A lot of ppl think Tino was easily the biggest earner in Jersey but Andy G came a close second. His crew went to devita. Before gerard it was Pee Wee. Before him Tony Biordo. Before him it was his father the Boot..... Does that sound right ivy or hk? My heads a little fizzy today

I've often made the same point about differentiating between the money wagered and what's actually net profit. Both the media and law enforcement usually cite the money wagered, which makes it seem a lot bigger. I'm not sure what the usual profit margin is but I imagine it would be like 10% at most.

Your DeVita crew succession seems right. By the way, I seem to remember you saying Gatto's crew was merged with DeVita's. Is that right? The 2004 New Jersey OC report listed 5 Genovese crews in Jersey: the Fiumara crew (now Borelli), the Bruschi crew, the Gatto crew, the Prisco crew (now LaScala), and the DeVita crew. But I think they missed Dentico's crew, which would make 6 crews. But it's been nearly a decade I don't know if things are still the same.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: IvyLeague] #715587
05/14/13 01:47 AM
05/14/13 01:47 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

[Skinny,] Your DeVita crew succession seems right.

Yes, I agree.

[Linked Image]
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715621
05/14/13 11:33 AM
05/14/13 11:33 AM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
As stated above, the West Side NJ crews could be an entire family by themselves. Or used to coulda. I would imagine they don't lose too many sit-downs.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715662
05/14/13 01:32 PM
05/14/13 01:32 PM
leftygun62 Offline
Made Member
leftygun62  Offline
Made Member
They always reports gross $ to make the bust seem bigger than it is, though 10% profit seems low. Its impossible to completely balance a book because of teasers, parlays, etc. Casual bettors love these types of bets. As long as a book knows who its players are (and they all do), they can sit back and reap huge profits.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: IvyLeague] #715826
05/15/13 04:43 PM
05/15/13 04:43 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Your DeVita crew succession seems right. By the way, I seem to remember you saying Gatto's crew was merged with DeVita's. Is that right? The 2004 New Jersey OC report listed 5 Genovese crews in Jersey: the Fiumara crew (now Borelli), the Bruschi crew, the Gatto crew, the Prisco crew (now LaScala), and the DeVita crew. But I think they missed Dentico's crew, which would make 6 crews. But it's been nearly a decade I don't know if things are still the same.

That has to be a typo of some kind. I could be wrong of course but I can´t believe the Genoveses had 6 official captains in NJ around that time. So most likely one of them was only acting. The five captains; Gatto, Fiumara, DeVita, Prisco and Dentico all seems to have been official crew leaders. So by process of elimination, Ninny Bruschi is the odd man out.

[Linked Image]
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715836
05/15/13 07:48 PM
05/15/13 07:48 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Reading this thread randomly reminded me of the story of how Merlino rebuffed Fiumara when Tino asked Joey to come to NJ for a meeting. If I remember correctly, Joey said something to the effect of come down to Philly instead (smart on Joey's part given Tino's reputation).

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #715856
05/15/13 09:46 PM
05/15/13 09:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Posting this for Skinny, i.e. it's his post...

Quote:
As far as book goes..... Ten percent is not really a good figure. Just based on juice your making .091919~. Thats only on losses tho. So assuming all action is even (it will never be). And W-L are an even 50:50... Thats only .04561 or something of all wagers that is profit from juice. Which isnt enough. Even if your small time with no runners, say 20 guys with nickel limits. At MOST, ppl maxing there limits EVERY week, your weekly handle is 10k. Say its completely even money on both sides, the usual -110 odds and juice. Thats $450 a week. 20 customers, on a per head site your paying 10 a head per week, thats -200 out of your bankroll. Basically it isnt pheasable. You lay off when you are really REALLY overexposed. Ten team parlays, big teasers, say in ny a giants/patriots superbowl.... Although you can adjust your lines the easiest on the sb bc there is so much time to do it.. You lay if your over exposed more than your bankroll.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715857
05/15/13 09:47 PM
05/15/13 09:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
That has to be a typo of some kind. I could be wrong of course but I can´t believe the Genoveses had 6 official captains in NJ around that time. So most likely one of them was only acting. The five captains; Gatto, Fiumara, DeVita, Prisco and Dentico all seems to have been official crew leaders. So by process of elimination, Ninny Bruschi is the odd man out.

I've wondered in the past if Bruschi and Dentico were from the same crew but people on the forums have said they aren't. It should also be noted that Prisco was more Bronx-based but had some crew members active in Jersey.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/15/13 09:47 PM.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Dapper_Don] #716202
05/18/13 03:59 PM
05/18/13 03:59 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
The luccheses have Frank Legano and Frankie Paoloercio under Perno. The bonannos had Paul

You are right dapper. I am still used to hearing his name managing perna packages. Anything happen due to his murder? Was he hit for ratting on Pernas or Gatto?

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Skinny] #716352
05/19/13 02:30 PM
05/19/13 02:30 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

You are right dapper. I am still used to hearing his name managing perna packages. Anything happen due to his murder? Was he hit for ratting on Pernas or Gatto?

Lagano was picked up with Gatto in December of 2004, he was popped in April of 2007. Most people believe the order to kill him came from the Westside.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: SiciNy] #716370
05/19/13 04:18 PM
05/19/13 04:18 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SiciNy

hes dead. wouldnt you know that being 'you say' you couldve been in 2 families LOL......

I honestly had no idea he died hahaha. I wasn't saying I could've or would've been in the mob but I was saying that I had an equal amount of family in both the 5 boroughs of New York City and North East New Jersey

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #716372
05/19/13 04:25 PM
05/19/13 04:25 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Was there ever any point where the New Jersey mob families were as powerful as New York? Even though there are crews from the 5 families in jersey, do the crews in New York and New Jersey ever feel animosity towards each other or do they see each other as one family.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #716377
05/19/13 05:26 PM
05/19/13 05:26 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Was there ever any point where the New Jersey mob families were as powerful as New York? Even though there are crews from the 5 families in jersey, do the crews in New York and New Jersey ever feel animosity towards each other or do they see each other as one family.

The origin of the NY Family´s NJ crews is extremely interesting (at least to me). It looks like members of a Newark Family, created by Joe Masseria around 1928 and disbanded by the Commission sometime in the early 1930s, were given new memberships with the NY Families. Most of them, because of close ties with the Genovese Family (Luciano Family at the time) became members of that Family. A faction led by Antonio Paterno ended up with the Gambino Family (led by Mangano at the time). Another faction led by Settimo "Sam" Accardi ended up with the Luccheses (led by Tommaso Gagliano at the time) and the Profacis absorbed a crew led by Salvatore Lombardino and the Cammaratas. Although powerful, I doubt that this Newark Family rivaled any of the New York ones in power. Neither did the second Family operating in North Jersey, the DeCavalcantes.

Off the top of my head, there was a rift (to say the least) between the Lucchese Family and its NJ crew in the late 1980s. This rift led to Accetturo turning state witness after the Lucchese bosses (Amuso and Casso) ordered killings on several leading members of Accetturo´s crew (Accetturo included).

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 05/20/13 07:05 AM. Reason: edited name of Palermo to Paterno

[Linked Image]
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: HairyKnuckles] #716379
05/19/13 05:35 PM
05/19/13 05:35 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Off the top of my head, there was a rift (to say the least) between the Lucchese Family and its NJ crew in the late 1980s. This rift led to Accetturo turning state witness after the Lucchese bosses (Amuso and Casso) ordered killings on several leading members of Accetturo´s crew (Accetturo included).

This was when Amuso gave the infamous "whack Jersey" order to take out the whole northern NJ faction of the family who were refusing to give a bigger percentage of their profits over to NY.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #716380
05/19/13 05:40 PM
05/19/13 05:40 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Anybody know anything about Ham Delesco (sp?)... Lucchese guy? I hear his and tumacs name together a lot but i cant find anything on google. Maybe i am spelling it wrong?

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Skinny] #716381
05/19/13 05:42 PM
05/19/13 05:42 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Anybody know anything about Ham Delesco (sp?)... Lucchese guy? I hear his and tumacs name together a lot but i cant find anything on google. Maybe i am spelling it wrong?

"At age 17, Accetturo was recruited by Anthony "Ham" Delasco, the boss of the Jersey Crew. By the early 1960s, he had become Delasco's driver. Accetturo became Delasco's Protégé learning trades in illegal gambling and loansharking controlling the Newark area. Delasco died in the late 1960s and Accetturo became a major earner under his successor, Joseph Abate, as well as a major player in his own right in the New Jersey underworld. He soon grew rich in the family, netting about $500,000 yearly."

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Dapper_Don] #716383
05/19/13 05:50 PM
05/19/13 05:50 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

"At age 17, Accetturo was recruited by Anthony "Ham" Delasco, the boss of the Jersey Crew. By the early 1960s, he had become Delasco's driver. Accetturo became Delasco's Protégé learning trades in illegal gambling and loansharking controlling the Newark area. Delasco died in the late 1960s and Accetturo became a major earner under his successor, Joseph Abate, as well as a major player in his own right in the New Jersey underworld. He soon grew rich in the family, netting about $500,000 yearly."

Yeah, a Lucchese guy. I´ve seen his name being spelled in numerous ways which is a pain in the ass trying to find info on him. But according to his social security death index, his last name was spelled "Dolasco":

Name: Anthony Dolasco
State of Issue: New Jersey
Date of Birth: Friday October 18, 1907
Date of Death: October 1963
Est. Age at Death: 55 years, 11 months

[Linked Image]
Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: HairyKnuckles] #716385
05/19/13 05:54 PM
05/19/13 05:54 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Yeah, a Lucchese guy. I´ve seen his name being spelled in numerous ways which is a pain in the ass trying to find info on him. But according to his social security death index, his last name was spelled "Dolasco":

Name: Anthony Dolasco
State of Issue: New Jersey
Date of Birth: Friday October 18, 1907
Date of Death: October 1963
Est. Age at Death: 55 years, 11 months

Yep. Here is a bit more:

"Anthony "Ham" Delasco (correct spelling Dolasco) was the leader of The Jersey Crew for the Lucchese crime family in the late 1950s and 1960s. He took over the crew after Settimo "Big Sam" Accardi was deported. Delasco was a former boxer and when he became boss he ran the Newark rackets with an iron fist. Durning the time when Delasco was boss he dabbled in most rackets. He had a keen interest in jukeboxes and Persuaded bar owner use approved jukebox or cigarette machine in their tavern or could end up getting visited by some of Delasco men. Delasco, is best known for bringing in Anthony Accetturo to his crew. Accetturo was a street thug trying to make a name for himself. Accetturo and his gang was shaking down bookmakers and loansharks that worked for Delasco. Delasco soon found Accetturo and was impressed with him. Accetturo was soon Delasco's driver and Protégé learning trades in illegal gambling. When Delasco died (1963), the New Jersey rackets and The Jersey Crew were taken over by Accetturo."

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/19/13 05:54 PM.

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: Revis_Knicks] #716388
05/19/13 06:13 PM
05/19/13 06:13 PM
NYC
SiciNy Offline
Made Member
SiciNy  Offline
Made Member
NYC
anyone have more info on Ninny Bruschi?

Re: New Jersey mafia cash flow [Re: SiciNy] #716404
05/19/13 07:03 PM
05/19/13 07:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SiciNy
anyone have more info on Ninny Bruschi?

He and his crew were involved in a big gambling bust back in 2003.

Here's what the 2004 OC report out of New Jersey said:

Ludwig A. Bruschi heads a fifth crew. Although he managed to stay under law enforcement’s radar for several years, in June of 2003 he was charged with racketeering, leading a criminal enterprise, loan sharking and promoting gambling. Eighteen of his subordinates also were charged in the case. Authorities say that Bruschi oversaw one of the largest illegal gambling and loan-sharking operations in New Jersey, covering portions of Ocean, Monmouth, Middlesex, Hudson, Essex, Passaic and Union counties. The operation is alleged to have booked around $500,000 a week in sports bets and had at least $1 million in illegal loans on the street at any given time, generating hundreds of thousands in interest payment profits.
http://www.state.nj.us/sci/pdf/ocreport.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull