GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ciment, Lou_Para, 1 invisible), 404 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,088
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,375
Posts1,059,563
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716667
05/21/13 12:52 AM
05/21/13 12:52 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Ivy just stop and think about that for a second. That's the way it's "supposed" to be? You really do need a time machine to the fifties. I'm not saying kids should be raised with both parents working but what if the dad stays at home and the mother works? Who says a father can't take care of the kids? I'm trying to get you to think outside of the box here. How do you know for sure that it's "meant" to be that way? Please don't tell me you do.

Yes, I do know for sure that's how it's supposed to be. Just like I know a lot of other things. That you don't know them, or don't believe them, is your problem and doesn't change what's true. And for a father to choose to stay home with the kids, while the mother works, is just unnatural and wrong. But, considering your twisted view on things like gay marriage, I don't expect you to understand any of this either.

And this is where your arrogance comes into play. Gay marriage is one thing. But this is quite another. It's nothing more than sexism, close mindedness, and above all living in a past world that doesn't exist any longer. I hope you have a pleasant evening, the gravy was good tonight grin and good night to you. Adios people

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716677
05/21/13 01:38 AM
05/21/13 01:38 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

And this is where your arrogance comes into play. Gay marriage is one thing. But this is quite another. It's nothing more than sexism, close mindedness, and above all living in a past world that doesn't exist any longer. I hope you have a pleasant evening, the gravy was good tonight grin and good night to you. Adios people

I would only be arrogant if I was wrong. Which I'm not.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716682
05/21/13 01:55 AM
05/21/13 01:55 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Good thing you said you are right, otherwise how would we know? lol

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716692
05/21/13 05:31 AM
05/21/13 05:31 AM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
There's nothing wrong with two working parents raising a child. Only twisted religious thinking will tell you otherwise... I can only see it as a problem if both parents hold executive positions and don't spend any time with the children and in most cases, that is VERY rare.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716693
05/21/13 05:33 AM
05/21/13 05:33 AM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo

You come off as arrogant because there is no right and wrong here. It's subjective yet you claim it's "right". You need to chill with this.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716699
05/21/13 07:11 AM
05/21/13 07:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Actually, you are being arrogant, and it's shown in that statement above. Take it down a notch or two and show some respect for other members here.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: SC] #716705
05/21/13 09:30 AM
05/21/13 09:30 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Ivy league, I will give you a chance to prove you are right. Please give me the sources and bases for the opinion you have stated here.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #716709
05/21/13 09:41 AM
05/21/13 09:41 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Ivy league, I will give you a chance to prove you are right. Please give me the sources and bases for the opinion you have stated here.

DT you are one ball buster!

lol

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716737
05/21/13 11:45 AM
05/21/13 11:45 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
You know, my parents were fervent Catholics; one of my sisters Catholic fervency approaches the level of Opus Dei. However, all manifested and manifest toleration. Their fervency never approached adamancy.

Sometimes adamancy or unmitigated adherence to a standard can be a function of deficient self-esteem.

Last edited by olivant; 05/21/13 11:46 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: olivant] #716751
05/21/13 12:10 PM
05/21/13 12:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
You know, my parents were fervent Catholics; one of my sisters Catholic fervency approaches the level of Opus Dei. However, all manifested and manifest toleration. Their fervency never approached adamancy.

Sometimes adamancy or unmitigated adherence to a standard can be a function of deficient self-esteem.

Thanks, Little Carmine tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716775
05/21/13 01:12 PM
05/21/13 01:12 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
First, let me say that I don't post here very often. But when I do I like to think that I add something to the mix. Some who don't like what I add make the claim that since I don't post much (why would that matter) that I just come to just stir the pot as they say. Which is not true.

I like to come in and read what is being posted and once in a while keep an eye on Jr.

What I have noticed over the years, (and boy have they have gone by) is that the subjects have gotten more intense in General Discussion. Almost to an extreme where personal beliefs clash with religious beliefs and when you add in the general distastes for each other you get a real power keg of a thread going.

This morning SC stepped in (and I took it that he was doing his job as moderator) to try and take a thread down a few notches. Now before that little lady from Iran starts calling ME a "want to be moderator" I would like to point out that it seems that not just that Ivy person is at fault.

"Arrogant" /"Arrogance" which was used by a number of posters is really in the eye of the reader. And that line can be a rather slim one dependent on how you want to view the meaning of the post or much you like or dislike that poster.

I remember Geoff say that one persons post which seem down right rude was just her passion coming thru and another poster had just misinterpreted what was being said and should get a thicker skin and move on or something similar to the point. Which may be a better thing to do then beating each other into the ground.

It seems like if you read the meaning below, almost any post or poster can be judged that way.

ar·ro·gant
Spelled [ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
adjective
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance, or a sense of superiority, self-importance, or entitlement: arrogant claims.

I see so many times where a person just uses the wrong words and it starts WW III . It seems like tradition runs head first into those who want change. Where one generation has one idea and another generation thinks that any change is just fine with them. That always makes the heat rise.

My father's ideas and beliefs came from his life events. Mine come from mine and they didn't always matched up. But, we had to respect our elders and try to understand where they came from and where and what they had been through. ( the Great Depression for one thing) . My children do the same thing to me now. But I like to think that my years of knowledge has some importance. Like Vito to Michael.

BTW- What is wrong with the fifties?

Sure times were a lot different then, but "Family" was the corner stone of life. No, there wasn't cable TV or computers or cell phones or some of the many things you see the young people getting lost in today. Heads burried in techknowledge. Not even talking to they parents at the dinner table.

The stores were closed on Sundays and you most likely went to church and did a lot more family things together. It was like a personal leave day from work. And look people throw it up at each other like it is a bad thing. Maybe the younger people would understand more of the traditional views if they could get in the "TIME MACHINE" and see how life was back then and see why some say that things have deteriorated.

Anyway, keep the heat off the boards. You will have a lot more fun here.

Camillus Don- / Pops to some

Last edited by CamillusDon; 05/21/13 02:08 PM.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: CamillusDon] #716781
05/21/13 01:33 PM
05/21/13 01:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
What's up, Pops? You guys busy? Junior was telling me recently that he had an organ donor case come in. Great cause but a pain in the neck. Anything for the families, though smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716787
05/21/13 01:59 PM
05/21/13 01:59 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Well said Pops. There is some kind of principle at work here. All posts gravitate in the direction of the most distasteful posts. This is unfortunate because other than the interest in The Godfather, these boards used to be far more civil. If you look you will also see the General Discussion is probably more used than the Godfather sections nowadays.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: dontomasso] #716788
05/21/13 02:02 PM
05/21/13 02:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
If you look you will also see the General Discussion is probably more used than the Godfather sections nowadays.

It was inevitable. We've run out of things to talk about over there. "The Godfather" is finite. Real life discussion is endless. I actually wish it was the other way around.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716789
05/21/13 02:13 PM
05/21/13 02:13 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
If you look you will also see the General Discussion is probably more used than the Godfather sections nowadays.

It was inevitable. We've run out of things to talk about over there. "The Godfather" is finite. Real life discussion is endless. I actually wish it was the other way around.

The Godfather is only limited by our imaginations and our creativity.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716796
05/21/13 03:05 PM
05/21/13 03:05 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Things are as good as the can be in todays world. Thanks for asking.

A dozen years have flown by and I must admitt at times it feels like last week. This computer craze was all new to an old guy like me. I kind of remember that it started out more like role playing at first on here. The Godfather Movie and all gangster theme was always a big hit.

My typing was the pits back then. The typing had always been done by my office staff for the office work so I was rusty as hell when it came to hitting the keys on the computer.

So many people joined each week and they were from all over the place and all different age groups too. But that never seemed to matter as much as it seems to now.

Things seemed more personal back then. Kinder, more caring, less cutting down one another that is for sure. Maybe I have rose colored glasses on, maybe I just remember the good things.
Could be, I like to drink a lot more like Don Vito as I get older. smile

It was all new for everyone back then. There was no old guard. It was just a place to get away and enjoy your time. When I look at the posts today it seems like the posters just can't wait to get on here and bicker at each other and look to debate.

It seemed more important to get a good name and avatar then and Geoff was always trying to get things up and running and deciding how things should be done. Flying by the seat of his pants and trying to make the place bigger, and better. Always needing a bigger and bigger server. A few times I asked the Don if he wanted some money to help pay for everything. He always say he won't hear of it. Just buy a poster! lol

By the way-

I was the one who told Geoff that he should have the "Where is Waldo" avatar wink It sure fit him back then and I guess even now as you often have to look around and ask yourself where he is now? Just like the real world, things change and people have coome and people have gone. Just like high school people have grown up and moved on.

And as I get older I remember things....MY WAY! smile

Oh, and the typing has gotten some what better.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: CamillusDon] #716798
05/21/13 03:20 PM
05/21/13 03:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Welcome back, Cami!

(this guy will do anything to build up his post count ...) shhh

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: SC] #716800
05/21/13 03:42 PM
05/21/13 03:42 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Originally Posted By: SC
Welcome back, Cami!

Your Right.

This make 41 posts since I took flight. How many more do I need to get on that TOP POSTERS list? blush

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: CamillusDon] #716808
05/21/13 05:01 PM
05/21/13 05:01 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CamillusDon
Originally Posted By: SC
Welcome back, Cami!

Your Right.

This make 41 posts since I took flight. How many more do I need to get on that TOP POSTERS list? blush

Never mind that.....Get back to work! lol
I'm gone one day and your playing on the internet! whistle

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716876
05/22/13 04:12 AM
05/22/13 04:12 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Ivy league, I say there is no God. Prove it. Show me at least ONE Report by any Crime Commission that says there is a God and then I will believe it.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: elmwoodparker] #716878
05/22/13 06:34 AM
05/22/13 06:34 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Ivy league, I say there is no God. Prove it. Show me at least ONE Report by any Crime Commission that says there is a God and then I will believe it.

Great request lol

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: elmwoodparker] #716892
05/22/13 08:20 AM
05/22/13 08:20 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Hey, what is your problem? You sound like a FREDO.

I see that you are new here and this may be the first post, (that I have read that was posted by you), but I can tell already that you are out to no good.

I think I see a fishing trip for you in the future. lol

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #716903
05/22/13 12:42 PM
05/22/13 12:42 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

This thread needs to close along with the gun control thread. Everyone has said his and her peace, and the rest is just noise. Now I am reading about proof of the existence of God through a crime commission?

Last time I checked this was a theological issue, not a criminal one.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716973
05/22/13 08:52 PM
05/22/13 08:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Sorry, DT, I don't agree. Why should threads be closed? If people don't want to post, don't. Move on. However, given it's level of activity, then I guess people are still interested.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Sicilian Babe] #717063
05/23/13 11:36 AM
05/23/13 11:36 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Point taken SB

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #717173
05/24/13 08:19 AM
05/24/13 08:19 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
The Boy Scouts: Yes to Gay Boys to enter BUT not Gay Scout Leaders.

So you can get married, but not be a Scout Leader?

So age makes the difference.....Why?

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Sicilian Babe] #717175
05/24/13 08:20 AM
05/24/13 08:20 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Sorry, DT, I don't agree. Why should threads be closed? If people don't want to post, don't. Move on. However, given it's level of activity, then I guess people are still interested.

Gee DT, why didn't you learn this from the last time you said the same thing in another thread?

Last edited by fathersson; 05/24/13 08:21 AM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #717193
05/24/13 12:05 PM
05/24/13 12:05 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Gee DT, why didn't you learn this from the last time you said the same thing in another thread?
It takes me longer to catch on. wink

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: elmwoodparker] #717206
05/24/13 03:21 PM
05/24/13 03:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

There are many reports. They're called the scriptures.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #717427
05/27/13 02:38 PM
05/27/13 02:38 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
First, a guy like Prager has more brains than a partisan, meme-posting hack like you will ever have. Try listening to the guy before running your mouth.

Second, as I pointed out above, when he calls it "Prager University," he doesn't mean a literal university.

Third, while I don't necessarily doubt that there are Christian/Bible teachings interwoven in some of the classes of some Southern colleges, for you to argue that most public universities don't have a huge liberal slant shows how non-objective I've always believed you to be.

No need to get personal. But since you did, then its my turn now.

I have listened to the guy, and he is a neoconservative nut job just like you. Period. Anybody that doesnt believe me then Google him yourself.

More brains than me? He is an educated guy, doesnt mean the crap he spouts is right. I am probably one of the most educated and accomplished individuals on this board (no offense to others). Definitely more than you that's for sure. Now go run along and play with the rest of your brainwashed cult.

Partisan meme posting hack? This from the guy who continues to be bashed and hated as the biggest FBI crime report mouthpiece to have ever graced any of these forums.

Prager University or whatever he wants to call it. As far as I am concerned, its lower than an online scam like the Univ. of Phoenix or the Church of LDS.

I didnt distinguish between public or private universities. That comment dealt with private institutions. They dont have a HUGE liberal slant, and that is a fact.

Non-objective?The vast majority on these forums would say I am one of the most non-objective posters on here. Much more than you, you don't even have one iota of objectivity in you which is evident any time you discuss anything to do with politics or society.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull