GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,608
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #713966
05/04/13 08:24 PM
05/04/13 08:24 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
This whole mess is one big reason why I decided to move to Chicago - you can get everything a big city has to offer, which is what I'm after, but without the insane rents of New York. I was really surprised how reasonable the rents were in Chicago compared with other big cities.

(By the way, any man over the age of, say, 23 who is renting a single room for $950 a month in a four bedroom apartment "with three other dudes" that he met on Craigslist just so he can be able to claim that he lives in Brooklyn is a retard.)

Hey Pizzaboy! Remember that fellow I mentioned who moved to Bed-Stuy from here to pursue his dreams or whatever, and now acts like he's a native New Yorker? Lately he's started bitching about "the yuppie assholes from Manhattan who are moving into Brookyln". Seriously!

Oh yeah, right, the topic... I believe Frederico "Fritzy" Giovanelli still lives in Manhattan.

(Edit: I tried to remove the rant preceding the Fritzy comment, but Camarel quoted me before I could, so back up it goes.)

Last edited by Ivan; 05/04/13 10:17 PM.
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Ivan] #713967
05/04/13 09:14 PM
05/04/13 09:14 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Ivan
This whole mess is one big reason why I decided to move to Chicago - you can get everything a big city has to offer, which is what I'm after, but without the insane rents of New York. I was really surprised how reasonable the rents were in Chicago compared with other big cities.

(By the way, any man over the age of, say, 23 who is renting a single room for $950 a month in a four bedroom apartment "with three other dudes" that he met on Craigslist just so he can be able to claim that he lives in Brooklyn is a retard.)

Hey Pizzaboy! Remember that fellow I mentioned who moved to Bed-Stuy from here to pursue his dreams or whatever, and now acts like he's a native New Yorker? Lately he's started bitching about "the yuppie assholes from Manhattan who are moving into Brookyln". Seriously!

Oh yeah, right, the topic... I believe Frederico "Fritzy" Giovanelli still lives in Manhattan.

(By the way, any man over the age of, say, 23 who is renting a single room for $950 a month in a four bedroom apartment "with three other dudes" that he met on Craigslist just so he can be able to claim that he lives in Brooklyn is a retard.) - I've not got a clue who you were talking about on this site who's said something of this effect (if you even were) but that comment cracked me up lol

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #713971
05/04/13 09:28 PM
05/04/13 09:28 PM
F
Flushing Offline OP
Capo
Flushing  Offline OP
F
Capo
Sorry to get off topic again but some of you sound like you would enjoy this website:

Diehipster.com

All about willieburg/bushwick/bedstuy hipsters. Absolutely hilarious.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #713973
05/04/13 09:48 PM
05/04/13 09:48 PM
Jenkins Offline
Made Member
Jenkins  Offline
Made Member
So kinda off topic but as a southerner I'm curious about NYC. As far as prestige, cost of living, etc... it appears Manhattan and Brooklyn are 1 and 2 respectively when you talk about the boroughs. How do Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island rank after that? And how does Jersey fit in? Is Jersey where you live if you can't afford to be in NYC? Or are some parts of Jersey (Hoboken, Jersey City) as good or better than some of the outer boroughs?

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Camarel] #713979
05/04/13 10:16 PM
05/04/13 10:16 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Camarel

've not got a clue who you were talking about on this site who's said something of this effect (if you even were) but that comment cracked me up

errr haha there's a ton of hipster weirdos around here (central Ohio) who are all making this exodus to Brooklyn for some reason - they are eminently mockable.

One of them that I know quite well makes a big deal out of being a "New Yorker" and looking down on all who aren't even though he's lived there for about 18 months of his 29 year existence - I've joked about him with pizzaboy before.

I'm tempted to post his MySpace music page just so I can watch it get shot to shit by the peanut gallery here, but I'm not that mean....

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: pizzaboy] #713986
05/04/13 11:12 PM
05/04/13 11:12 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I own property in three boroughs, Manhattan among them. My property on West 8th Street is my pride and joy. It belonged to my aunt and uncle for many years, and I'll never sell it. Ever. But I try to at least be reasonable with the rentals. I'd much rather rent to three NYU kids than some hipster writer schmuck with televison aspirations rolleyes.

Oh man, that must be nice. That is some expensive real estate. Congrats PB, it sounds like you've done very well for yourself, and your still a young guy.

My grandfather used to own a decent amount of real estate in Brooklyn and Manhattan but when he passed away most of it was sold by my relatives who didn't have the foresight to keep it as an investment. It would probably be worth a small fortune today. My favorite was a place he had in Manhattan Beach in Brooklyn practically right on the water. I used to love going there when i was a kid.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #714170
05/05/13 10:29 PM
05/05/13 10:29 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Flushing
Sorry to get off topic again but some of you sound like you would enjoy this website:

Diehipster.com

All about willieburg/bushwick/bedstuy hipsters. Absolutely hilarious.

Awesome, that is hysterical.

I've heard rumors that the bastards are starting to move in on Cleveland. It's a shame about Brooklyn, and I'm very sorry about that, but if they ruin Cleveland I dunno if I can still remain civil.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Ivan] #714234
05/06/13 10:43 AM
05/06/13 10:43 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
By the way, any man over the age of, say, 23 who is renting a single room for $950 a month in a four bedroom apartment "with three other dudes" that he met on Craigslist just so he can be able to claim that he lives in Brooklyn is a retard.

And if you're over 23 living in that situation AND you own a fucking skateboard, do us all a favor and just kill yourself right now. You are not going to contribute anything to society, ever, so please, just jump.

EXACTLY the kind of douchebag I'm always bitching about, Ivan.

Quick story: Last year around Christmas week I'm in a pub on MacDougal Street with both of my daughters. I had real estate business in the neighborhood, blah blah blah, and the kids wanted to meet me in the Village for a drink before they headed out for the night. So we're sitting there and there are these two nice girls from Jersey City who strike up a conversation with my kids. About a half hour later, two guys about their age, originally from Dayton (sorry, it could just have easily been Wisconsin, but it was really Dayton), start busting the chops of these two nice girls for living in Jersey City "like farmers." In Jersey fucking City, five minutes from the Holland Tunnel, all their lives, and these two assholes from Dayton fucking Ohio are calling them farmers?

Now I'm 53 years old, but I guess I had on my Scorsese face that night. Because I just sneered at these kids and said, You think they're farmers? I think you should apologize. They did, bought us all a drink, and got the fuck out of there lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #714238
05/06/13 11:08 AM
05/06/13 11:08 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
i miss the old manhattan...got my first fake id on canal and broadway when i was 16....it was terrible but what did i know...forty deuce wasnt disney yet and was very seedy...i happen to like seedy smile

When Interpol?
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #714239
05/06/13 11:09 AM
05/06/13 11:09 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
never liked Guilianni, thought he was a fraud and that Kerik is a SCUMBAG

hate bloomberg, biggest flip flopper ever.... stop and frisk is unconstitutional

but what do i know...im from connecticut lol

When Interpol?
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: cheech] #714244
05/06/13 11:28 AM
05/06/13 11:28 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech
forty deuce wasnt disney yet and was very seedy...i happen to like seedy smile

I say it at least once a day when I'm in that area. Times Square had a lot more character when there were peep shows and dope dealers all over the place.

Tad's Steaks circa 1977: Worst steaks in New York in the front, Seconals in the back lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: pizzaboy] #714919
05/09/13 08:58 PM
05/09/13 08:58 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Completely agree. I know at least 10 people who fall in this category and they think they know NY like the back of their hand cause they went around a few touristy parts, took some pics and uploaded them to instagram, showed some of their other friends around "the new BK" while simultaneously uploading pics to facebook,instagram,and twitter. Seeing this shit honestly makes me very angry, as a native New Yorker.

And if you're over 23 living in that situation AND you own a fucking skateboard, do us all a favor and just kill yourself right now. You are not going to contribute anything to society, ever, so please, just jump.

Ive also seen the ones in suits and skateboards. Everybody is looking at them like WTF, and wondering if they are going to crash/fall.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Dapper_Don] #715186
05/11/13 03:21 PM
05/11/13 03:21 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Completely agree. I know at least 10 people who fall in this category and they think they know NY like the back of their hand cause they went around a few touristy parts, took some pics and uploaded them to instagram, showed some of their other friends around "the new BK" while simultaneously uploading pics to facebook,instagram,and twitter. Seeing this shit honestly makes me very angry, as a native New Yorker.

Hell I've never even been to New York and the desecration of Brooklyn by that sort of faggotry gets on my nerves. I can't imagine how much it must suck for someone who's actually from New York. Though I've seen it happen to neighborhoods outside New York and it's painful to watch.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Ivan] #715204
05/11/13 04:15 PM
05/11/13 04:15 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Hell I've never even been to New York and the desecration of Brooklyn by that sort of faggotry gets on my nerves. I can't imagine how much it must suck for someone who's actually from New York. Though I've seen it happen to neighborhoods outside New York and it's painful to watch.

It is Ivan. Makes NYC lose its character, which is what made NYC, NYC.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: pizzaboy] #715206
05/11/13 04:22 PM
05/11/13 04:22 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
By the way, any man over the age of, say, 23 who is renting a single room for $950 a month in a four bedroom apartment "with three other dudes" that he met on Craigslist just so he can be able to claim that he lives in Brooklyn is a retard.

EXACTLY the kind of douchebag I'm always bitching about, Ivan.

Quick story: Last year around Christmas week I'm in a pub on MacDougal Street with both of my daughters. I had real estate business in the neighborhood, blah blah blah, and the kids wanted to meet me in the Village for a drink before they headed out for the night. So we're sitting there and there are these two nice girls from Jersey City who strike up a conversation with my kids. About a half hour later, two guys about their age, originally from Dayton (sorry, it could just have easily been Wisconsin, but it was really Dayton), start busting the chops of these two nice girls for living in Jersey City "like farmers." In Jersey fucking City, five minutes from the Holland Tunnel, all their lives, and these two assholes from Dayton fucking Ohio are calling them farmers?

Now I'm 53 years old, but I guess I had on my Scorsese face that night. Because I just sneered at these kids and said, You think they're farmers? I think you should apologize. They did, bought us all a drink, and got the fuck out of there lol.

I thought you were gonna tell us that you locked the door from inside the bar and told the Dayton Hicks; "Now youse can't leave." smile

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: pizzaboy] #715212
05/11/13 05:17 PM
05/11/13 05:17 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

lol lol lol lol lol

You know what's sad is that whenever you see something about Brooklyn in the news media these days, it's always something fruity like some retarded chick with tattoos that look like necrotizing fasciitis opening a cupcake shop or something. When I was younger, the image of Brooklyn in the popular imagination was of a tough, blue-collar neighborhood, but that has been totally replaced by the hipster thing. It's amazing how fast and how much Brooklyn's image has changed in just the past few years.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Flushing] #715233
05/11/13 10:39 PM
05/11/13 10:39 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
I would be pissed of too. The old NYC seemed so much better. Luckily there's not as big of a problem in Chicago.

Re: Do any mobsters actually still live in Manhattan? [Re: Ivan] #715236
05/11/13 11:03 PM
05/11/13 11:03 PM
NYC
SiciNy Offline
Made Member
SiciNy  Offline
Made Member
NYC
You know what's sad is that whenever you see something about Brooklyn in the news media these days, it's always something fruity like some retarded chick with tattoos that look like necrotizing fasciitis opening a cupcake shop or something. When I was younger, the image of Brooklyn in the popular imagination was of a tough, blue-collar neighborhood, but that has been totally replaced by the hipster thing. It's amazing how fast and how much Brooklyn's image has changed in just the past few years. [/quote]

depends on the part of brooklyn your in...still have the tough blue collar neighborhoods but they seem to be fading out to the weirdo hipsters!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull