GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,022
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,283
pizzaboy 23,296
Hollander 23,206
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,479
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,175
Posts1,055,792
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Leonetti [Re: MemphisMafia] #954913
10/06/18 08:22 AM
10/06/18 08:22 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by MemphisMafia
Hey Serpiente,you know I have always enjoyed your post.I have been reading Breaking The Mob.It is written by the cop who turned Mario Riccobene and the guys who shot Salvie, that Deluca guy and the Moran guy.His first hand accounts are dang good reading.He suggest from what I gather that Leonetti,who always claims he was pissed at Scarfo for killing Testa actually feared Salvie would one day take over.That the future of the family would come down to those two.That Testa was more ruthless,at 28 a seasoned mobster.Testa had a crew that was deadly and loyal.The Milano brothers,the Grande brothers, the Punges, Narducci brothers.Leonetti feared this and actually pushed for his murder.The cop states that he wired a phone call where Testa called Scarfo and told him Chuck Merlino was a piece of shit, a drunk and couldn't handle business.So Testa saw this in Merlino even before Scarfo.Scarfo and Leonetti both feared Salvie I believe.Do you believe Leonetti was sad over his "friend" salvies death

No doubt Nick was clearing the way for Phil and must of had some insecurities himself and was able to use Chucky daughter and drugs to get him out ! I don’t put nothing past these guys , they are brought up like that many had brothers uncles ect and have had it pushed into there head.

I have been in a few situations where I did not think there was any way out and that alone kept me from that life and it happened early and often very scary.

If Phil was not sad then he was a complete monster but that was not going to stop shit ...as soon as these guys think hear that someone is on the outs they are splitting up there shit in there head and try to get angles against their fellow soldiers or associates whatever the matter may be .

That life is bad .....there’s no life out of hiding it and these guys don’t hide it well most nowadays. I don’t know the real deal with Salvi but I was right there in the neighborhood and was around many close and I herd so much shit who knows what was real or the others angling.

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/06/18 08:29 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #954943
10/06/18 06:46 PM
10/06/18 06:46 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Leonetti is BS. Great book apart from the BS he always spouts about flipping, especially when referring to his uncle that he thrived in the life due to. Same with all his interviews. Just be like Sammy the bull and own it you evil twat. If he was given a 20 stretch or less this idiot wouldn’t of flipped. OWN IT and stop blaming your uncle. Also I didn’t like the bit where he spoke about going into Nicky Jrs restaurant - he knew that could hurt his rep potentially. Just a selfish douche and so insincere all the crap about stopping his son getting into the life etc blah blah blah BS.

Same with the Sal hit - you know he pushed for it like everyone else to get more money. Nature of the life from what I’ve read.

Re: Leonetti [Re: streetbossliborio] #954944
10/06/18 07:13 PM
10/06/18 07:13 PM
G
Giacomo Offline
Made Member
Giacomo  Offline
G
Made Member
I don't know what I would do if I was facing 45 years, but I do agree with liborio above--it is preposterous to think this guy flipped over anything other than a life inside. To do that kind of bid you have to be someone like Scarfo Sr. himself, who (if you believe the books) still kept that animosity toward Leonetti, Merlino, etc, even after he was sent up for life.

Re: Leonetti [Re: streetbossliborio] #954946
10/06/18 07:58 PM
10/06/18 07:58 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Leonetti is BS. Great book apart from the BS he always spouts about flipping, especially when referring to his uncle that he thrived in the life due to. Same with all his interviews. Just be like Sammy the bull and own it you evil twat. If he was given a 20 stretch or less this idiot wouldn’t of flipped. OWN IT and stop blaming your uncle. Also I didn’t like the bit where he spoke about going into Nicky Jrs restaurant - he knew that could hurt his rep potentially. Just a selfish douche and so insincere all the crap about stopping his son getting into the life etc blah blah blah BS.

Same with the Sal hit - you know he pushed for it like everyone else to get more money. Nature of the life from what I’ve read.

Agreed all but the being fed up with his uncle - he was fed up but just like in sports with all the personalities when things are going good everybody’s fine but when the shit hits the fan they scatter like cockroaches and drama concurs and these guys are not you best people so .

But yes when it got bad it was easy for Phil to say he was against this or that or wanted to get away from his uncle.
If everything was fine he be right in there and yes having a crew like Salvie’s they were able to cut the head off and it all back fired.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #954958
10/06/18 11:00 PM
10/06/18 11:00 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Thanks Serp insightful as always. That’s a good way to look at it like sports etc.

And giacomo agreed a 45 year bid is insane. Should never have been made underboss anyway! Nepotism hurt him there as he was in line to get the time

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955021
10/07/18 12:10 PM
10/07/18 12:10 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Thanks Serpiente.I agree with you as well streetbossliborio. Also,Leonetti tells that he sent word to Joey Merlino when he would sneak back in to Atlantic City hoping for a shootout I take it.And that Merlino,knew he was there and never showed.He insinuates Merlino was scared to death of him.While I believe Leonetti is a strait killer,Merlino has ten times more guts than Leonetti in my opinion.And obviously he has the respect of the old Scarfo guys today.If Leonetti would have went after Joey Merlino he probally would be six feet under right now.And as far as Salvie goes his crew had some serious killers and serious young men in it.He could have absolutely challenged Scarfo on down the road.

Last edited by MemphisMafia; 10/07/18 12:12 PM.
Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955062
10/07/18 10:42 PM
10/07/18 10:42 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Why would a don meet with a snitch like leoneti, he could be setting him up for a pinch for all he know's, he's a shit talker just like veasy, as soon as all of the guys started getting out of jail he found god all of a sudden

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955065
10/07/18 11:09 PM
10/07/18 11:09 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Got to remember these guys are brought up with a mob behind them “ whom ever is in power is the man . Who knows the truth but I highly doubt Phil contacted anyone but I don’t doubt him walking in Jr. restaurant mid - day when it just a couple people.

The fucken disgusting part is Phil had to put it in his book .

You must know something’s are embellished for it to spike interest in sales so who knows . But he who has the pawns has the power because not many federal witnesses are not hunting Skinny.

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/07/18 11:11 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #955117
10/08/18 03:15 PM
10/08/18 03:15 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
Originally Posted by Serpiente
When Nick moved up you would not see Phil hardly at all even on the Scaf Inc. jobs he had Pat running the jobs and he is still in business to this day.

The laborers for Scarf Inc were mostly Italian and in one way or the other relatives or in laws thing , like all Phil’s girls brothers were on the crew

The neighborhood was a great place to grow up we lived on an island around seven miles long with four city’s and for the most part we knew everyone one way or another.

It was so close that when bookies came into town even if Nick gave the ok they just could not gain trust . Now one of these guy is a skipper now up north Beep’s and he opens a pool hall 200 ft. from Angeloni’s and had card games and book and he lasted two years .

We all know uncle Joe’s deal he could not get rolling here but it’s over now !!!

And Beeps came in the late 70’s like 77-78 maybe did not last past 80-81 back to northjersey.

Serp- When you said above "when Nick moved up he had Pat running the jobs...." Are you referring to Pat D'Andrea, or someone else? Cuz I thought Pat D'Andrea (lived in Philly and Longport) died around the same time as Ang or Phil Testa getting hit?

Re: Leonetti [Re: PHL_Mob] #955118
10/08/18 03:22 PM
10/08/18 03:22 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Leonetti a snitch since 81 ? Any thoughts from you phili guys

Re: Leonetti [Re: MemphisMafia] #955131
10/08/18 04:45 PM
10/08/18 04:45 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Thanks Serpiente.I agree with you as well streetbossliborio. Also,Leonetti tells that he sent word to Joey Merlino when he would sneak back in to Atlantic City hoping for a shootout I take it.And that Merlino,knew he was there and never showed.He insinuates Merlino was scared to death of him.While I believe Leonetti is a strait killer,Merlino has ten times more guts than Leonetti in my opinion.And obviously he has the respect of the old Scarfo guys today.If Leonetti would have went after Joey Merlino he probally would be six feet under right now.And as far as Salvie goes his crew had some serious killers and serious young men in it.He could have absolutely challenged Scarfo on down the road.

Oh ,c'mon Memphis......Merlino couldn't have licked Philip's balls...Phil wanted 2 kill skinny when he was 18..skinny wouldn't have stood a chance...as far as the old Scarf guys loyalty 2 skinny??..how do we know that?? Narducci might want him killed right now..Who knows what Charlie White is planning so soon but quietly out of the joint right now?? & Faffy?..fugettabotit... Unlikely..but…..everybody out from Scarf's indictment now could b conspiring 2 revolt over the young turks w/ the young Scarfo guys playing battleship....would nt that b a hoot. Leonetti wasn't scared of nobody 'cept maybe Salvie. especially a purse snatchin' 18 yr. old Merlino.

Last edited by hoodlum; 10/08/18 04:47 PM.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Leonetti [Re: hoodlum] #955140
10/08/18 06:02 PM
10/08/18 06:02 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Originally Posted by hoodlum

Oh ,c'mon Memphis......Merlino couldn't have licked Philip's balls...Phil wanted 2 kill skinny when he was 18..skinny wouldn't have stood a chance...as far as the old Scarf guys loyalty 2 skinny??..how do we know that?? Narducci might want him killed right now..Who knows what Charlie White is planning so soon but quietly out of the joint right now?? & Faffy?..fugettabotit... Unlikely..but…..everybody out from Scarf's indictment now could b conspiring 2 revolt over the young turks w/ the young Scarfo guys playing battleship....would nt that b a hoot. Leonetti wasn't scared of nobody 'cept maybe Salvie. especially a purse snatchin' 18 yr. old Merlino.

Not saying it going to happen at all .... but there are guys that don’t support the current situation...that’s all I know it’s being talked about but talk is cheep.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955200
10/09/18 08:11 AM
10/09/18 08:11 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I might have asked this before but did Merlino really snatch old ladies purses back in the day?

He was born in 1962 and only really came to prominence at the tail end of the 80s so there are a lot of blanks to fill in. I perish the thought of the sordid shit he got up to before the attempted Scarfo hit and the armored hijackings.

Imagine if one of Merlino's closest friends was to rat and write an expose book with Anastasia. Boy, that would be juicy!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955203
10/09/18 08:32 AM
10/09/18 08:32 AM
Downtown NYC
D
downtown Offline
Made Member
downtown  Offline
D
Made Member
Downtown NYC
Seems as if Phil Leonetti really disliked Skinny , but he felt opposite about Chuckie and Yogi. Even talking Nick Sr. out of killing both brothers , demoting them both instead due to Phil's reasoning with him. I do not know about snatching purses from old ladies ? If memory serves me didn"t Skinny beat his partners out of their share of the armored car heist ? Also the stories about never paying the bookies when he lost , makes you think that Leonetti seen something bad in Skinny as a kid. As far as that point goes it takes one to know one.

wise old owl sat on a oak , the more he heard the less he spoke , the less he spoke the more he heard , wasn't that a wise ole bird.
Re: Leonetti [Re: downtown] #955207
10/09/18 09:37 AM
10/09/18 09:37 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Originally Posted by downtown
Seems as if Phil Leonetti really disliked Skinny , but he felt opposite about Chuckie and Yogi. Even talking Nick Sr. out of killing both brothers , demoting them both instead due to Phil's reasoning with him. I do not know about snatching purses from old ladies ? If memory serves me didn"t Skinny beat his partners out of their share of the armored car heist ? Also the stories about never paying the bookies when he lost , makes you think that Leonetti seen something bad in Skinny as a kid. As far as that point goes it takes one to know one.

I am not going to talk bad about the guy , that’s shit is old but if you look you will find some gross shit and it’s not good.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #955219
10/09/18 11:58 AM
10/09/18 11:58 AM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Well Hoodlum,that's why I have been a member here for years.Everything I type is obviously matter of opinion.Guys like you and Serp and the New York guys like Pizza and Bronx are the reason I love this site.All I do is read books ya'll have grown up with these guys.I enjoy everything you guys post.What I meant was in the 90's when Leonetti was long past his glory days and Merlino had a crew shooting it out with Stanfa,at that particular time I don't see Leonetti coming out good during this period he was alone.I do believe Merlino has guts though.This guy has shown that for sure

Re: Leonetti [Re: MemphisMafia] #955255
10/09/18 05:46 PM
10/09/18 05:46 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Well Hoodlum,that's why I have been a member here for years.Everything I type is obviously matter of opinion.Guys like you and Serp and the New York guys like Pizza and Bronx are the reason I love this site.All I do is read books ya'll have grown up with these guys.I enjoy everything you guys post.What I meant was in the 90's when Leonetti was long past his glory days and Merlino had a crew shooting it out with Stanfa,at that particular time I don't see Leonetti coming out good during this period he was alone.I do believe Merlino has guts though.This guy has shown that for sure

Thanks never sweat this board ..

But yeah books and papers ect is the only way for 99%. Shit if not growing up where I did and my uncle moving to Brooklyn in early 70’s I would not know anything about a family there and I don’t talk about anything but AC where I was born and the NY family that my uncle is extremely tight with I would not know shit and I never act like I do because I don’t and on top I am not a reader or researcher so for instance the guy that just got hit in Bronx I did not know a dam thing someone had to explain why the hit may of went down.

So never sweat this place we are all in same boat ,Christ I have not lived on Georgia ave in years ! I am down with the money on other end of the island.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull