GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 126 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,664
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What part from the book would you include #48143
04/05/02 07:35 PM
04/05/02 07:35 PM
Glasgow
Sermanni Offline OP
Made Member
Sermanni  Offline OP
Made Member
Glasgow
What part of the book which is not in the film would you include. And don't worry about whether it would fit in or not. I would include the bit where Vito sends al Capone back to Chicago with his tail between his legs.

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?
Re: What part from the book would you include #48144
04/05/02 07:54 PM
04/05/02 07:54 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I would include the horrific, secretive story about Luca that the Corleones didn't even want Mike to know about( you know the one I mean!). I'd rather them show it just as the book depicts rather than just having Tommasino and the old doctor telling Mike about it. Graphic? Yes. Horrible? Absolutely. But it paints Brasi more fearsome and brutal, something which I think was lost in the switch to cinema. To non-novel fans, Luca is like a big, dumb teddy bear, and they're not surprised when he gets himself in trouble at Tattagila's bar. (Furthermore, I might include his hunting down those 5 or 6 guys who tried to take out Vito 10 years earlier.)

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: What part from the book would you include #48145
04/05/02 07:57 PM
04/05/02 07:57 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
I would include the story told by the woman about Luca Brasi. Not saying more since I'm not labeling this with a *Spoiler* alert.

Ah man, Snake beat me to it....oh well, we are on the same wavelength....

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: What part from the book would you include #48146
04/05/02 08:04 PM
04/05/02 08:04 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
My humblest apologies, m' lady! blush But great minds do think alike! wink By the way, excellent topic, Sermanni! Anyone else?

Re: What part from the book would you include #48147
04/06/02 02:44 AM
04/06/02 02:44 AM
Anaheim Hills
Francis The Kid Forducci Offline
Capo
Francis The Kid Forducci  Offline
Capo
Anaheim Hills
I would have to put the scene in which Paulie and some other Corleone buttons get even with Bonasera's daughters rapists. It shows Paulie's role in the family.

"I had a whole different destiny planned." -Michael Corleone
Re: What part from the book would you include #48148
04/06/02 01:42 PM
04/06/02 01:42 PM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
The two stories of Luca Brasi and the recruitment process of Al Neri.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: What part from the book would you include #48149
04/06/02 03:45 PM
04/06/02 03:45 PM
Los Angeles
T
Tommy Gun Offline
Wiseguy
Tommy Gun  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Los Angeles
I always wished that the character of Luca Brasi should have been developed more. The sad thing is that in the movie he seems to be nothing but a poor bumbling idiot who gets whacked early in the film due to poor judgment, when in reality he was one of the pillers of strength in the Don's empire. His ruthlessness(as the book points out) in the gang wars of the 30's is unmatched.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns" - Don Vito Corleone
Re: What part from the book would you include #48150
04/06/02 04:00 PM
04/06/02 04:00 PM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Yes please...

I would like to see the Hollywood Movie Starlets' Lonely Hearts Club screening party...

-- Dirty Don Rico.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: What part from the book would you include #48151
04/06/02 07:11 PM
04/06/02 07:11 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Moving to Godfather Novel forum...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: What part from the book would you include #48152
04/07/02 09:38 PM
04/07/02 09:38 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
I'm taking it you mean which Novel scenes should have been in the movie?

The Bandleader...Les Halley

Tessio killing maranzano-we don't see Tessio kill ANYBODY!

Neri cracking ax Baines witha flashlight

Book IX: Kay leaves Mike, tom talks Kay into coming home. ORIGINALLy in GF2 script.

Nino Valenti singing at Connie's wedding.

Jules repairing Mike's jaw.

Luca & Filomena

The extra dons at the Meeting

Anthony Coppola meeting Vito at wedding was in Early GF script as Francesco Nippi so as not to confuse with FFC!

You guys forgot trhe MOST Important!

Mike and Neri POP Fabrizzio!!!

An added bonues would be Deanna Dun "Performing".

And Neri killing Moe Greene.

I think Sally Rags should have ben included.

Puzo wrot e a short story about Sally Ragustafoli (?) in the GF Confessions. You'd think he would have had more ground in GF!

The Irish/Castellmare war should ahve been in GF3!

One thing that's BETTER than the book is Ciccio/Andolini/Mosca/Strollo/Abbandando/Paolo/Mari ANdolini rather than one paragraph about Vito's (UNNMANED) Father killing (UNNAMED) Mafia Chieftain.

WHile we are on the topic of Luca Brasi...

Where doe sit say the lines that are quoted all the time and quoted by Jim Carey in Mask?

I don't rememebr it exactly but something about "which gun you think i'm gonna shoot at ya"?

Re: What part from the book would you include #48153
04/10/02 09:57 PM
04/10/02 09:57 PM
Indiana
D
Don Munoz Offline
Button
Don Munoz  Offline
D
Button
Indiana
The Al Neri stuff should have been there. Not necessarily every scene from the book, he just needed to be properly introduced, instead of just showing up. I would have liked to see more of Clemenza too.

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone (1899-1947)
Re: What part from the book would you include #48154
04/12/02 11:23 AM
04/12/02 11:23 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Don Munoz:
The Al Neri stuff should have been there. Not necessarily every scene from the book, he just needed to be properly introduced, instead of just showing up. I would have liked to see more of Clemenza too.
YEAH, Neri crushing Wax baines skull, would be an AWESOME opener for the "New Luca Brasi".

I miss Clemenza frown

Re: What part from the book would you include #48155
04/13/02 12:52 PM
04/13/02 12:52 PM
Pennsylvania
D
Da Fishes Offline
Associate
Da Fishes  Offline
D
Associate
Pennsylvania
I would have liked to have seen the relationship between Kay and Mama Corleone developed more, as it was in the book. I think that helps explain how Kay became a part of the family.

Re: What part from the book would you include #48156
05/09/02 07:30 PM
05/09/02 07:30 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Just finished the book. I would like the part of how Al Neri was discovered by Clemenza. He was Michaels Luca Brasi and it could have been interesting if there more parts for him. I knew he was a silent and mysterious bodyguard. Just didn't knew how dangerous and quick he was until I read the book. [Linked Image]

I suggest to those who havn't read the book, go purchase or rent it at the lib you won't regret it. [Linked Image]

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: What part from the book would you include #48157
05/10/02 01:39 AM
05/10/02 01:39 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Congrats, Daniel! I definitely agree with you about Neri's role. I wish Puzo would've elaborated more on him and cut the Nino-Lucy-Doctor-Johnny thing much shorter. But it's still a great novel. And I echo your sentiments: everyone here should spring a few bucks and read it cover-to-cover! [Linked Image]

Re: What part from the book would you include #48158
05/10/02 12:06 PM
05/10/02 12:06 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Originally posted by Snake:
I wish Puzo would've elaborated more on him and cut the Nino-Lucy-Doctor-Johnny thing much shorter. But it's still a great novel. And I echo your sentiments: everyone here should spring a few bucks and read it cover-to-cover! [Linked Image]
Thanks Snake. Yeah I totally agree as well with the Lucy-Nino-Jules part (but Mario is so vivid with the sex parts, lol) [Linked Image]. I loved that Johnny was such a ladies man and how easy he can get girls of all ages and races [Linked Image]. The part of Luca was just horryfying. Who knew he could be such a monster, hehehe. [Linked Image]

Must have been fun seeing another side of Al in the movie (well at least the Klingman deleted scene was a treat). After reading the book I immdiately watched all the deleted scenes.

"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: What part from the book would you include #48159
05/10/02 05:55 PM
05/10/02 05:55 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Congrats, Daniel! I definitely agree with you about Neri's role. I wish Puzo would've elaborated more on him and cut the Nino-Lucy-Doctor-Johnny thing much shorter. But it's still a great novel. And I echo your sentiments: everyone here should spring a few bucks and read it cover-to-cover! [Linked Image]
Nobody noticed that Willy Cicci isn't in the Novel? Thank god, FFC, created him! I would have liked to hear Puzo express Willy Cicci's life in the book. Also the Domenick Clemenza/Vincenzo Pentangelli charcter woud have been for explaining HOW Clemenza got to America, or how Tessio got to America. We know Tattaglias wer waround in the late 20's but ti seems that the other Dons came in later, especially the Bocchicchios who were Post-WW2, which is like ONE year before Godfather takes place. The Hyman Rothstein/Peter Clemenza trial would have beena great BOOK Sequel! I wonder why tehy never write BOOK sequels! Puzo could have made aGREAt Godfathe rbook sequel! Even Last Don Sequel was good! I think if GF4 is filmed it should be Made For TV Mini-Series like Last Don was and Omerta will be!

I don't think they would dar physicall y show a newborn being burned to death on TV. Wilow wa ssued just becasue aPregnant Woman was attacked by rabid Dogs! Luca hacking up peopel would get an X rating and become more famous than the Scarface Chainsaw scene. The bandelader scene is the ony scene that I can see Luca in without X rating.

Re: What part from the book would you include #48160
05/10/02 05:56 PM
05/10/02 05:56 PM
Michael Barzini Offline
Button
Michael Barzini  Offline
Button
After reading the book a part i found interesting was the scene about Moma corleone praying for vito and then at the end Kay praying for michael. That would have been a pretty good scene to see.

Behind every great fortune there is a crime. -Balzac
Re: What part from the book would you include #48161
05/10/02 06:28 PM
05/10/02 06:28 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Excellent points, Ricardo and Michael Barzini! The "prayer" thing would've been appropriate and telling, Michael Barzini. I agree with you 100% Ricardo, save for the Luca thing. It's not that I disagree with your speculation, it's just that I'm not sure. The FCC seems to have gotten somewhat more lenient over the past few years. I noticed on a C.S.I. episode, for instance, they depicted an officer picking up a dead infant who had been left outside to the mercy of the elements (he died of exposure), and it wasn't like a quick 2-second shot either. Even more surprising was how real the dead infant looked...that is, assuming it wasn't an actual sleeping infant. But, on the other hand, the FCC still makes Tony Montana ask, "How am I gonna get a scar like that eating 'pineapple,' mang?" grin I don't know. It'd be a tough call.

Re: What part from the book would you include #48162
05/10/02 11:44 PM
05/10/02 11:44 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Originally posted by Michael Barzini:
After reading the book a part i found interesting was the scene about Moma corleone praying for vito and then at the end Kay praying for michael. That would have been a pretty good scene to see.
Great observation. I thought that should have been included (at least they did in the tv version). Guess what goes around really comes around. [Linked Image]

Re: What part from the book would you include #48163
06/06/02 07:08 PM
06/06/02 07:08 PM
Pacific Northwest
CharlieLucifer Offline
Made Member
CharlieLucifer  Offline
Made Member
Pacific Northwest
Most definately the part where Paulie Gato and his fellow thugs beat the shit out of those guys who tried to rape Bonasera's daughter.

-Lucky

There's nothin' on the top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds.
Re: What part from the book would you include #48164
06/07/02 08:17 PM
06/07/02 08:17 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Excellent points, Ricardo and Michael Barzini! The "prayer" thing would've been appropriate and telling, Michael Barzini. I agree with you 100% Ricardo, save for the Luca thing. It's not that I disagree with your speculation, it's just that I'm not sure. The FCC seems to have gotten somewhat more lenient over the past few years. I noticed on a C.S.I. episode, for instance, they depicted an officer picking up a dead infant who had been left outside to the mercy of the elements (he died of exposure), and it wasn't like a quick 2-second shot either. Even more surprising was how real the dead infant looked...that is, assuming it wasn't an actual sleeping infant. But, on the other hand, the FCC still makes Tony Montana ask, "How am I gonna get a scar like that eating 'pineapple,' mang?" grin I don't know. It'd be a tough call.
Yes PARTICULARLY Horror Movies

Movies that were Banned, Blurred, and Bleeped, are now being shown Un-Cut.

Luca could pass with Nc-17, no doubt.

CSI, perhaps it was because it WASN'T a murder, we can see dead bodies, but we can't see people KILLING them!

Moe Greens' Red Eye is OBVIUOSLY too light to be blood! (Reminds me of Pink Lemonade)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre FINALLY came out on Video.

I've researched a LOT of movies on imdb.com and it seems that alot of old movies that were edited for Content, were passed Un-Cut in April 2001.

Did the FFC/MPAA change their minds about Blood and Gore?

Still gotta eat those Pineapples. But MAYBE we can see the FULL "ANd the Leg" scene.

Oh yeah, what about that OTHER cut scene with Mike and Kay in bed...the one at celebrityx.com? wink

I just watched Once Upon A Time In AMerica on AMC, I realized a) It's a GREAT movie, B) Upon researching it at imdb.com, there are a LOT of Television Cuts (Almost an HOUR!), and C) the language edited wasn't that bad, and should be shown Uncut to "Preserve Artistic Integrity"

I LOVE (Young) Deborah!

We can see Godfather Un-Cut on TNN because there are only FEW curses, and NO F*cks. We can;t hear somebody say F*ck, but we can watch somebody get their D!ck Sucked, Get their brains blown, and get their noses packed!

But we can;t say shit...Somebody's Priorities are off.

FCC doesn't seem to have anything on Eminem.

He Killed his wife AGAIN, he burnt down the White House, He Pissed on the Flag, He's ANTI-US ARMY, He STILL disobeys lawyers and defames his Mother, and ex-wife, and he STILL says F*ck so many times it rivals Scarface! He STILL Kills whores, but a LOT less about Drugs!

So much for Censorship! At least Most Godfather fans are 21+, while Most Eminem fans are -18.

Re: What part from the book would you include #48165
06/15/02 02:46 AM
06/15/02 02:46 AM
undisclosed
canaveral6 Offline
Wiseguy
canaveral6  Offline
Wiseguy
undisclosed
I think The song with johnny fontane and Nino should have been at the wedding. And the whole of book two.

"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But never take sides against the family again. Ever."
-Micheal Corleone-(The Godfather)
Re: What part from the book would you include #48166
06/18/02 03:02 AM
06/18/02 03:02 AM
miami
B
BURNSINI Offline
Wiseguy
BURNSINI  Offline
B
Wiseguy
miami
i would love to see more of the life of fredo in vegas, i mean he was banging waitresses left and right, i think that in the movie fredo was portrayed as a weakling but puzo portrays him more manly than the movie. i just want to see fredo "get some".

"This is the business we've chosen!"
Re: What part from the book would you include #48167
06/18/02 11:50 AM
06/18/02 11:50 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Originally posted by BURNSINI:
i would love to see more of the life of fredo in vegas, i mean he was banging waitresses left and right, i think that in the movie fredo was portrayed as a weakling but puzo portrays him more manly than the movie. i just want to see fredo "get some".
Try porno--BangfatherII lol

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: What part from the book would you include #48168
06/18/02 09:40 PM
06/18/02 09:40 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline
Capo
Southeast USA
[Linked Image]

I'd like to have more of the "Glory Days" as the empire was being built. Additionally, I'd like to see how Sonny got his mob rep after the Don was shot the first time.

orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: What part from the book would you include #48169
06/26/02 02:20 PM
06/26/02 02:20 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
i don't but how the done made a fool out Al Capone would have been nice as well in the movie but i think it would deviate from the story much , but if they had more of the "glory days" it could go well.

Re: What part from the book would you include #48170
08/22/03 02:15 PM
08/22/03 02:15 PM
philly
keyser soze Offline
Button
keyser soze  Offline
Button
philly
i definatley agree that fabrizzio gettin whacked should have been included in the ending scenes of the movie

"never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut"
-jimmy conway

"like that..POOF..he's gone"
-verbal kint
Re: What part from the book would you include #48171
09/04/03 04:56 PM
09/04/03 04:56 PM
FL
goodfella4188 Offline
Button
goodfella4188  Offline
Button
FL
I personally think that the scene between the Don and Genco Abbandando should be added. It could have been used to show a certain humanity that the don had, as the scene between the Don and Michael, when the Don was explaining to michael that whoever set up the meeting with Barzini was the one who betrayed him

You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.
Re: What part from the book would you include #48172
09/26/03 03:33 PM
09/26/03 03:33 PM
California
Special Kay Offline
Wiseguy
Special Kay  Offline
Wiseguy
California
Bonasera's Revenge and Luca the baby killer.

Every kiss begins with Kay!

Senators and Presidents don't have men killed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull